http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 08:35:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ashlee Simpson on SNL - what a moron!  (Read 9259 times)
morlac
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2004, 07:58:22 PM »

"From Mtv.com:

Ashlee Owns Up, Takes Responsibility For 'SNL' Lip-Synch Snafu

Although she'd initially blamed her band, Ashlee Simpson took full responsibility Sunday for her lip-synching snafu on "Saturday Night Live," saying that her voice was ragged from too much work.

"I can't cancel something like 'SNL,' " she said in a post to her official Web site. "You and I know that even if I synched on it or not, I'd still get seen by millions, maybe even make a few more fans. I'll hold my head high and say I think it was silly of me to do it, silly of me to blame the band, I was just so f---ing embarrassed. But I don't think it did me much harm, and people will see that soon."

Though Simpson's first performance in the show — her hit "Pieces of Me" — went off without a hitch, the second, "Autobiography," was derailed when a pre-recorded track of her voice (singing "Pieces of Me") began playing while Simpson was holding her mic to the side and had her mouth closed. When the track came on, Simpson tried to dance a little jig instead, but after about 30 seconds, she exited the stage as her band continued performing. The show cut to a commercial.

At the end of the show, host Jude Law tried to help Simpson brush the moment aside by shrugging, "What can I say, folks? Live TV." For her part, Simpson initially placed the blame on her band. "I feel so bad," she told the audience. "My band started playing the wrong song. And I didn't know what to do, so I thought I'd do a hoe-down. I'm sorry. It's live TV. Things happen. I'm sorry."

An "SNL" spokesperson said that Simpson had planned to use a backing track, a common concert aid that allows singers to either lip-synch or sing along with a guide-vocal track, to augment her voice. A statement from Simpson's record label blamed a "computer glitch" that triggered "a cut from her album" to play instead of a drum cue.

In fact, Simpson had rehearsed the song live on Thursday (see "Ashlee Simpson Preparing To Take On Tara Reid").

Simpson has since been widely attacked for the snafu, with an interview she gave to Lucky magazine coming back to haunt her. When asked what her take on lip-synching was, she had told the magazine, "I'm totally against it and offended by it. I'm going to let my real talent show, not just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me."

Simpson's official Web site has been flooded with more than 10,000 posts, many of them negative. In response to the criticism, Simpson defended herself by blaming her hectic work schedule for wearing down her voice. In a post titled, "I'm trying!" she wrote, "Seriously, I don't sleep much for a start, and with flying from A to B and flying all over the f---ing place, it's just getting to me. And it showed. Joke is on me, you seem to enjoy it." In response to her Lucky magazine quote, she posted, "I know what I said, but when I get as worn out and beaten down as I do, sometimes I do not have the energy or the voice left. I have almost lost it due to nonstop moving about. So it is the only option."

Simpson has performed live on television on previous occasions, including MTV News' pre-show to the Video Music Awards, "By the Shore," and the Teen Choice Awards. She's expected to perform live on Monday (October 25), for the Radio Music Awards in Las Vegas, which are to be broadcast on NBC at 9 p.m. "

morlac00 on PSN
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2004, 08:06:09 PM »

Nother funny thing should be the Award show tonite from Radio City Music Hall.  She is performing...so is Elton John who recently had a little tirade ragging on Madonna for lipsynching.  Should make for a nice cat fight...MEOW!

morlac00 on PSN
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2004, 08:09:48 PM »

blah ba ba blah ba blah ba blah ba
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2004, 08:10:59 PM »

blah ba ba blah ba blah ba blah ba
D.A.Lewis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2004, 08:27:04 PM »

Farley you make tremendous points.

Take into account these rips on Simpson are genearally done from the privacy of the keyboard. I too don't understand the hate and a lot of folks desire to see her burn.

OTOH, a lot of the criticism is well deserved. Not the lip sync part. A lot of musicians do it. But that crazy dance should be disucssed for the ages. And then blaming her band (WTF).

That dance clip is as good as that Karate guy that did a back flip on his head. Maybe Ashlee and Ellen (from Seinfeld) do some sort of dance tribute.
jpinard

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2004, 08:37:53 PM »

Read the article and all I can say is, Broadway artists do a hell of a lot more than her and they sing live each night and sometimes twice a day...  Lame.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2004, 08:41:29 PM »

Ive seen both Ashlee and Britney sing live on tv..they both suck so much it makes ya wanna puke. They are studio whores and nothing more. The electronic  vocal harmonizer crowd.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2004, 09:12:03 PM »

It's the image that sells to the masses. Look at the 'boy bands' from different decades. New kids, in sync, whatever the hell the others are now... The media tells the kiddies what they want to hear and they eat it up.

Speaking of which, to qualify for a being a band aren't instruments needing to be involved?  :roll:

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
DCW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2004, 09:25:09 PM »

Just saw the video clip - it was hilarious! I thought the best part was the interaction between the bass player and guitarist when they exchanged smiles/smirks and shrugs and did what you always do when on stage - NEVER STOP PLAYING
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2004, 09:41:42 PM »

CNN picked up the story! smile

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/25/people.ashlee.simpson.ap/index.html
jpinard

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2004, 10:06:33 PM »

I don't like the lies there in the CNN story.  Why dont they just admit she was not singing the songs in the article?  It's horribly obvious.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2004, 10:29:09 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
Ive seen both Ashlee and Britney sing live on tv..they both suck so much it makes ya wanna puke. They are studio whores and nothing more.

I can't believe I'm defending Britney Spears, but:
I remember seeing an interview where she flat out said she didn't think she was a good singer, that she relied on the voice altering studio "magic."  She may suck, but at least she's willing to admit it!
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2004, 10:37:42 PM »

Quote from: "D.A.Lewis"
Farley you make tremendous points.

Take into account these rips on Simpson are genearally done from the privacy of the keyboard. I too don't understand the hate and a lot of folks desire to see her burn.

OTOH, a lot of the criticism is well deserved. Not the lip sync part. A lot of musicians do it. But that crazy dance should be disucssed for the ages. And then blaming her band (WTF).

That dance clip is as good as that Karate guy that did a back flip on his head. Maybe Ashlee and Ellen (from Seinfeld) do some sort of dance tribute.

I think a lot of teasing/making fun etc. is normal.  I feel the same way, but there seems to be a level of hatred expressed by posters - not just here but at most other sites with forums).  That is what I find odd.  I don't really care one way or the other about her music or even about her dancing but I don't hate her.

Jack Burton
Gaming Trend Reader

I am NOT Simon Cowell!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2004, 10:44:25 PM »

The problem I have with Ashlee Simpson is that she is riding the tails of her sister.  There are A TON of more talented and capable girls that could make it and do much better than Ashlee.  And its people that watch that retarded reality show that keep Ashlee afloat.  THAT pisses me off.  Being a guitarist that would love to play professionally but don't bcause of how difficult it is, I am drivien nuts by the freakin' retards that give her money and fame by watching that show.  

Oh and she is not good at singing.  So I'd rather not see her perform either.

What the...?
PJ Lorenz
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2004, 10:50:38 PM »

Quote from: "Jack Burton"
The problem I have with Ashlee Simpson is that she is riding the tails of her sister.  There are A TON of more talented and capable girls that could make it and do much better than Ashlee.  And its people that watch that retarded reality show that keep Ashlee afloat.  THAT pisses me off.  Being a guitarist that would love to play professionally but don't bcause of how difficult it is, I am drivien nuts by the freakin' retards that give her money and fame by watching that show.  

Totally agree.

Of course I have a similar complaint about many artists in that I think their good looks are getting them contracts rather than their talent.

jpinard

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2004, 10:51:23 PM »

Quote from: "Jack Burton"

[/size]

Jack, you hit the nail on the head.  It's the tohr people that are very talented and don't get the chance because they're squeezed out fo the market by big buck morons like Ashlee.  And she wouldn't have stood a chance if her sister wasn't Jessica Simpson.  Blech.
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2004, 11:04:06 PM »

I have to agree that there are so many talentless "musicians" these days, and I despise them.  But, they are they to make a buck, which comes from there sheepish fans.  So I actually blame their fans more then I do them.

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2004, 12:32:11 AM »

tripwire
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2004, 04:14:55 PM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"

WHAT IS SHE DOING?  retard
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2004, 04:18:38 PM »

Swing yer partner to and 'fro
Make sure she don't hit de do'
Siljanus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2004, 04:18:57 PM »

Quote from: "tripwire"
Quote from: "gameoverman"

WHAT IS SHE DOING?  retard

She's trying to force down her acid reflux silly!

WE LOVE U ASHLEE!!!!!!!

Let us be thankful we have an occupation to fill. Work hard, increase production, prevent accidents and be happy.

Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy. And be happy.
jpinard

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2004, 05:31:27 PM »

Does she not have massive clown feet?
JSHAW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2004, 06:28:44 PM »

WHOEVER IS her clothes stylist needs to be fired.

She looks like a female bozo the clown without the clown suit.
(see the dancing SNL gif if you need a reference point)
\/\/olverine
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2004, 02:43:58 AM »

Just saw the clip after all the fuss... man people must be bored these days. She's getting all this heat for that?

NEXT...
jpinard

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2004, 03:53:04 PM »

If you saw thw whole show you'd understand...
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2004, 05:34:08 PM »

Hehe

http://www.airbagindustries.com/bucket/ipod/
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2004, 12:49:25 AM »

So her drummer is taking the blame....for the music.

"Plain and simple, I cued the wrong song"

Still no word on the cause of  her disturbing, yet amusing, contortions of that night.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: