http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 01:56:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arnie to Hollywood-I told you i would be Back!!  (Read 2406 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »

Sky News

After two terms as governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger has announced his plans to return to Hollywood and jump-start his movie career.

The Governator broke the news on his Twitter page, where he said: "Exciting news. My friends at CAA (His talent firm Creative Artists Agency) have been asking me for seven years when they can take offers seriously. Gave them the green light today."

Arnie told the Kronen Zeitung paper he would like to follow in the same footsteps as 80-year-old Hollywood legend Clint Eastwood.

The former bodybuilder is reportedly looking at three scripts, including a Second World War drama called With Wings As Eagles, which is based on a true story about a German Nazi officer ordered to kill a group of children who instead helps them escape.

so can Arnie still cut it?,this isn't the 80s or 90s anymore,and one of Arnies strengths was,well his strength

but he is now 63 years old and IMO not looking as 'good' as 64 year old Sly,although to be fair i think i remember Arnie having Heart surgery at some point,but apparently it IS action movies he is mainly interested in still

I just watched The Expendables last night,and Arnie wasn't exactly great in his two minute role,but hey..its been 7 years since he was out

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 02:52:11 PM »

screw him
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 03:07:44 PM »

I dont think he's credible as an action star anymore. Even Sly is pushing it too much. He got lucky with 'Expendables'. He needs to stay retired.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 03:10:48 PM »

Who should replace him and sly in the action genre?

Rest in Peace, Nan
XBL Schins67
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 04:09:38 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on February 11, 2011, 03:10:48 PM

Who should replace him and sly in the action genre?

Carrot Top.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 06:03:02 PM »

Why does it have to be the action genre? If the guy wants to make movies again, more power to him.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 07:50:15 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on February 11, 2011, 06:03:02 PM

Why does it have to be the action genre? If the guy wants to make movies again, more power to him.

apparently he is the one who has said its Action Movies he is interested in....i think the last thing i saw him in before the Expendables and before his role as Gov,was 80 days around the World with Jackie Chan and Steve Coogan,which was a comedy(or so it seemed) and didn't do too well i don't think

if it was Comedy he would have to be careful,Kindergarten Cop was a good little film and Twins also,but he has his fair share of shite in that department(Junior/Jingle all the Way)

and then if not Action or Comedy...musical?,Drama?...maybe that Nazi film he is looking into will be a good one,and personally i hope he does do all right as i loved the guy in the 80s and 90s..ahh to hell with it,make a Hercules in New York II

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 10:45:30 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 11, 2011, 07:50:15 PM

if it was Comedy he would have to be careful,Kindergarten Cop was a good little film and Twins also,but he has his fair share of shite in that department(Junior/Jingle all the Way)

he should pair up with Danny Devito again for a Twins sequel icon_wink
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:47:06 PM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 11:02:11 PM »

No!  He must do Last Action Hero 2!!!!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 11:10:46 PM »

Some years ago, James Cameron had talked about wanting to do a True Lies sequel, but little things like Titanic and Avatar got in the way. I think the latter is STILL in his way, alas, but I think that's something they'd want to revisit some day.

If director John McTiernan ever gets his legal problems straightened out, a Predator sequel might work, and might help wash out the bad taste of the various dreadful Predator and AvP movies over the years.

I don't really see Arnie aging gracefully into the kinds of character roles Eastwood has played in recent years, nor does he have Clint's directing experience and chops. So I don't see much comparison there, Arnie! icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 01:56:03 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on February 11, 2011, 11:10:46 PM

I don't really see Arnie aging gracefully into the kinds of character roles Eastwood has played in recent years, nor does he have Clint's directing experience and chops. So I don't see much comparison there, Arnie!

Or his Acting chops. Not even close.  That scene in Expendables was painful to watch.  Agree, what a silly comparison.  He is confusing all of Eastwood's old Westerns and Dirty Harry stuff as action movies.  They weren't action movies, they were badass movies.   icon_cool  This return to Hollywood won't end well.

morlac00 on PSN
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 04:08:35 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on February 11, 2011, 11:10:46 PM

Some years ago, James Cameron had talked about wanting to do a True Lies sequel, but little things like Titanic and Avatar got in the way. I think the latter is STILL in his way, alas, but I think that's something they'd want to revisit some day.

If director John McTiernan ever gets his legal problems straightened out, a Predator sequel might work, and might help wash out the bad taste of the various dreadful Predator and AvP movies over the years.

I don't really see Arnie aging gracefully into the kinds of character roles Eastwood has played in recent years, nor does he have Clint's directing experience and chops. So I don't see much comparison there, Arnie! icon_razz

Too late for a 'True Lies' sequel.. the time for that was about 8-10 years ago. And there was already a pretty damn good sequel to 'Predator', it's called 'Predators' and came out last summer. Robert Rodriguez did a great job producing it.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 04:17:35 PM »

Arnold was never a good actor, just the right guy in the right place with big biceps. Trying to in any way compare himself to Clint is laughable. The guy should just go do speaking stuff and maybe write an autobiography.

Also Predators was dumb.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 04:26:49 PM »

Quote from: Jumangi on February 12, 2011, 04:17:35 PM

Also Predators was dumb.

As a filmmaker, and just in general a good internet citizen, I no longer engage in arguments about the opinions of others towards specific films, except to simply state the value of a film.. and just move on: 'Predators', in tone, vibe and execution, is the sequel the first movie deserved after 20 years. Downbeat, brutal, action-driven, and not in 'novelty 3D'. Think about it.. or not.  icon_smile
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 04:38:09 PM »

Quote from: Jumangi on February 12, 2011, 04:17:35 PM

Arnold was never a good actor, just the right guy in the right place with big biceps. Trying to in any way compare himself to Clint is laughable.

I can see him making a solid career as a character actor in supporting roles. He never had the talent to be a mainstream leading man. I don't know enough about the action genre to have an opinion on whether his physique can still make up for that. Any time a movie needs a big tough German dude, though, Arnold's the man.

Clint Eastwood's career started on the same path, but as time went on it became apparent that he was talented way beyond playing rugged handsome tough guy roles. As much as I still enjoy watching steely-eyed sneering Clint in his old movies, he really shines as a director.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 09:25:30 AM »

oh come on - he did awesome in the movies he was in. Saying he's not a good actor feels extremely biased due to his governance..eh, governing?

Its not because of his big muscles he ended up being in so many movies, that sold pretty well, and that pretty much everyone in our generation knows and have seen. Its because he did very well by them, and he's a smart fellow as well.

That said, the 80's have moved on, and I am unsure (not having seen Expandables) if he's ready for how movies are today, but he may surprise.

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 11:37:43 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on February 13, 2011, 09:25:30 AM

oh come on - he did awesome in the movies he was in. Saying he's not a good actor feels extremely biased due to his governance..eh, governing?

he did do some great movies,i think i was a fan more than anyone(i was that one person who loved Red Heat)but i think most of them you could see that they were tailored for him,no one else could play Conan at that time IMO and a little Danny DeVito could only play opposite to a monster Arnie(that was half the joke of the film) ,and how many words were uttered by him in The Terminator? ..but the Terminator didn't need a great actor to play 'it'

click the spoiler for his complete Terminator script
Spoiler for Hiden:
Nice night for a walk.
Nothing clean, right.
Your clothes, give them to me.

The 12 gauge auto-loader.
The 45 long slide with laser sighting.
Phase plasma rifle in 40-watt range.
The Uzi 9mm.
All.
Wrong.

Sarah Connor.

I'm a friend of Sarah Connor. I was told that she's here.
Can I see her please? Where is she?
I'll be back.

Fuck you, asshole.

Give me your address there.

Get out.
but i still can't say he was a great actor,as you say he was good in the movies he was in,but more of a novelty to me IMO anyway...i think his best work(as an actor,and probably his best film)was actually Predator

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 12:50:28 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 13, 2011, 11:37:43 AM

Quote from: Razgon on February 13, 2011, 09:25:30 AM

he did do some great movies,i think i was a fan more than anyone(i was that one person who loved Red Heat)but i think most of them you could see that they were tailored for him,no one else could play Conan at that time IMO and a little Danny DeVito could only play opposite to a monster Arnie(that was half the joke of the film) ,and how many words were uttered by him in The Terminator? ..but the Terminator didn't need a great actor to play 'it'

I think you underestimate the range of skills an actor needs. Reading lines is just a small part of the job. The Terminator is actually a good example of Schwarzenegger's capabilities as an actor. He brought a lot into that role in terms of how believable he was as a machine. The way he tracks the environment with his eyes, for example. Or his ability to fire guns without blinking. From what I understand, these are ideas he brought to the table and that he trained himself to be good at. Yes, he was a perfect fit for the role, but he elevated it way beyond the original intent. The movie would probably never have worked without him in it.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 05:30:26 PM »

Hey, I  liked Red Heat.

Don't think I've ever seen Raw Deal though.

Playing: ? 360 | FO: New Vegas | BF4 PC / 360 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 05:40:30 PM »

not sure what to make of this

new animated TV series and 3D film for Arnie called 'The Governator'

The Hollywood action man-turned-California governor says The Governator is an animated TV show that it is a funny, action-packed, crime-fighting fantasy.

Think Bruce Wayne - the civilian tycoon behind the Batman mask - but involving a former governor who assembles a team of whiz kids to fight both crime and natural disasters.

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 06:02:27 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 04, 2011, 05:40:30 PM

The Hollywood action man-turned-California governor says The Governator is an animated TV show that it is a funny, action-packed, crime-fighting fantasy.

Think Bruce Wayne - the civilian tycoon behind the Batman mask - but involving a former governor who assembles a team of whiz kids to fight both crime and natural disasters.

Absolutely lame. This is the best he can come up with to make a comeback?!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 06:17:31 PM »

I bet naednek is already getting in line for the film.

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 06:45:44 PM »

We really do need a new big action hero. All the ones from the 80s and 90s are getting a bit long in the tooth, unfortunately (Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Willis, Ford). No offense to them, but Jason Statham and The Rock don't really fit the bill.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 06:58:11 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on April 04, 2011, 06:45:44 PM

We really do need a new big action hero. All the ones from the 80s and 90s are getting a bit long in the tooth, unfortunately (Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Willis, Ford). No offense to them, but Jason Statham and The Rock don't really fit the bill.

Dwayne Johnson definitely fits the bill, but Hollywood doesn't really make that kind of action movie any more, so no such action star is able to fully emerge.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 07:09:58 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on April 04, 2011, 06:58:11 PM

Dwayne Johnson definitely fits the bill, but Hollywood doesn't really make that kind of action movie any more, so no such action star is able to fully emerge.

I say he doesn't fit the bill because he's had plenty of chances to have a big successful action movie so far and has failed. I mean, Bruce Willis went from Moonlighting to Die Hard.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 07:19:54 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on April 04, 2011, 06:02:27 PM

I bet this show is canned before 3 episodes have even aired.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »

agreed,i don't mind Statham,but he isn't a patch on those you mentioned ...The Rock and Vin Diesel don't 'do it' for me,we need a real life Duke Nukem icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2011, 09:14:17 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on April 04, 2011, 09:03:00 PM

agreed,i don't mind Statham,but he isn't a patch on those you mentioned ...The Rock and Vin Diesel don't 'do it' for me,we need a real life Duke Nukem icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

Also agree

Vin Diesel was good in Pitch Black/Riddick and XXX, but he's fallen off the radar.

The Rock is just too 'commercialized'

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:17:43 PM by Zekester » Logged

Rest in Peace, Nan
XBL Schins67
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 04:19:41 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on April 04, 2011, 07:19:54 PM

Quote from: PR_GMR on April 04, 2011, 06:02:27 PM

I bet this show is canned before 3 episodes have even aired.

So it's Gov'n Planet and the Planeteers?

Also, I wonder if he's going to have to work out for the role?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:23:30 AM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 04:25:01 AM »

hey, it worked for Mister T!

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2011, 04:29:06 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 05, 2011, 04:25:01 AM

Um, yeah.  That was at the peak of his popularity in a much more media-naive era and I think it is arguable how successful it was considering it only ran for a year. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2011, 05:07:28 AM »

Hey screw all the naysayers. I'm glad to see this. Welcome back Conan/Arnie. I hope you can still pcik'm though. Make us a cool action flic. I look forward to it.

And ya I liked Last Action Hero   icon_biggrin

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2011, 05:17:20 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on April 05, 2011, 04:29:06 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on April 05, 2011, 04:25:01 AM

Um, yeah.  That was at the peak of his popularity in a much more media-naive era and I think it is arguable how successful it was considering it only ran for a year. 

I was joking  Tongue

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2011, 09:41:18 AM »

trailer:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw6J9OGSXpg

and Stan Lee is involved?

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2011, 10:37:53 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 05, 2011, 09:41:18 AM

was that Larry King at the beginning?

wonder if eventually he will be doing a live action film on this,presuming that the 3D film that is already planned is an animated film that is

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2011, 08:14:02 PM »

That trailer is suffering from a woeful lack of snark.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2011, 04:35:18 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 05, 2011, 09:41:18 AM

This looks absolutely god-awful terrible.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 12:24:02 PM »

Terminator 5 for Arnie

He said he'd be back, and Arnold Schwarzenegger wasn't bluffing. After eight years away from Hollywood, the former California governor is to return to the role of The Terminator in a new film currently being shopped around Hollywood studios, according to Deadline.

Shrugging off suggestions that he may be a little old for an action hero, the 63-year-old actor is heading up a rights package which will bring the series, kicked off by James Cameron with 1984's The Terminator, back to cinemas. Depending on which studio wins the bidding war to make the new film, Justin Lin, currently the toast of Hollywood after returning the Fast and Furious franchise to box office credibility, could be set to direct.

Schwarzenegger is also reportedly circulating another pair of projects, either of which might arrive on screen prior to a fifth Terminator film. The first is The Last Stand, in which he would play a bordertown sheriff who must take on the leader of a Mexican cartel, while the second is Antoine Fuqua's The Tomb, a thriller about a structural security expert who's framed for a crime and put in a high-security prison he designed himself.

not sure what to make of Fast and Furious director on for this,i hate those films

Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011, 05:31:22 PM »

I would see these in a heartbeat. I miss the big lug - what can I say? I grew up on bad Ahhnold flicks in the 80's.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2011, 06:03:34 PM »

I can see Guvnor Arno in a number of rolls. I think he could be effective in cameos in which he plays an elderly/aging past warrior/ruler/despot/NAZI. As long as he doesn't have to speak many lines and get physical in any over the top action. Maybe a cameo in one of the future Star Trek reboot films as a brutal/aging Klingon leader who had his tongue cut as some punishment.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: