http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 12:51:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are You Done With Your Christmas Shopping???  (Read 1563 times)
Tim Maynard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2004, 02:47:14 PM »

I'm usually not finished with my Christmas shopping until Christmas Eve but this year I shopped early. I still need to pick up a few small stocking stuffers today and a gift or two for some coworkers but the main gifts have been purchased. Is anyone waiting until the last minute this year?
Chaz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 03:02:07 PM »

Yup, should be all done.  Had to do it early because I have to send my family's presents out early (actually, need to do that today).  Have to pick up stocking stuffers, and have to put together the computer for the GF, but the last item should be delivered tomorrow.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 03:05:16 PM »

Almost done.  Have a couple more things to get for Mrs. Gratch and one for my brother, but that's about it.

Now if UPS would just deliver my stuff from Amazon, I'd be set.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 03:17:23 PM »

Done and in the bag.  Finished this past Thursday.
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 03:49:20 PM »

Not quite.  I have a few more items to get, which I keep blowing off.  I was going to finish tonight, but then I got free movie passes so I will have to try to finish tomorrow.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 04:13:01 PM »

i have a few more things to take care of, but none of them are anything that i'll have any trouble getting at the last minute.  i always have something that waits until the last minute, but it all works out in the end Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 04:42:08 PM »

Just got back from my last trip. So Im done weee! Man it sucked though cause I got up at 8am to leave and it was 12 degrees...bRrRrrr.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 05:56:13 PM »

Almost there.  I didn't know what to get for my brother but I saw this ad in the Toys R Us circular for this Remote Control Humvee that looks totally sweet.  He always likes weird/silly presents like that.  But then I just need to get my dad a gift certificate to Home Depot.  So, not too much.  But I would love for it to be all over.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2004, 06:58:04 PM »

Quote from: "Freezer-TPF-"
Not quite.  I have a few more items to get, which I keep blowing off.  I was going to finish tonight, but then I got free movie passes so I will have to try to finish tomorrow.

Where do you go to the movies around Northern VA, Freezer?  Curious to see if you go to the same place I do.

Oh, and no, not done with my Christmas shopping, either.  

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2004, 07:03:37 PM »

Freezer-TPF- wrote:
Not quite. I have a few more items to get, which I keep blowing off. I was going to finish tonight, but then I got free movie passes so I will have to try to finish tomorrow.

Where do you go to the movies around Northern VA, Freezer? Curious to see if you go to the same place I do.

I go to Springfield Mall theaters. When its crowded like this time of year I then go to the movies at National Amusements Mt. Vernon Multiplex Cinemas off of Richmond Highway.

Ascendent
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2004, 07:08:18 PM »

Finished last week and we opened presents this past Saturday.

We'll be traveling to AZ on the 24th and we'll have another round of gifts when we're at the in-laws on the 25th.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2004, 07:36:06 PM »

Quote from: "Ascendent"
Freezer-TPF- wrote:
Not quite. I have a few more items to get, which I keep blowing off. I was going to finish tonight, but then I got free movie passes so I will have to try to finish tomorrow.

Where do you go to the movies around Northern VA, Freezer? Curious to see if you go to the same place I do.

I go to Springfield Mall theaters. When its crowded like this time of year I then go to the movies at National Amusements Mt. Vernon Multiplex Cinemas off of Richmond Highway.

Ascendent

Really?  I'm surprised you didn't say the 22 screen, all stadium seating, all digital sound AMC Hoffman off Eisenhower.  Only theatre in the area I go to unless I'm going to see an indie film, in which case I either go to Shirlington or E Street.  Have you ever been to the AMC Hoffman?

Mike

Freezer-TPF-

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2004, 09:28:37 PM »

Quote from: "pr0ner"
Quote from: "Ascendent"
Freezer-TPF- wrote:

Ascendent

Really?  I'm surprised you didn't say the 22 screen, all stadium seating, all digital sound AMC Hoffman off Eisenhower.  Only theatre in the area I go to unless I'm going to see an indie film, in which case I either go to Shirlington or E Street.  Have you ever been to the AMC Hoffman?

Mike

Mike, I live in Alexandria and quite close to Shirlington.  I go there occasionally but I tend to go to theatres in DC most of the time, particularly the Loews Georgetown for a "big" release or the E Street Cinema for an indie/foreign film.  I also try to make it to the Uptown when something good is playing.  The last one I saw there was Hero, which was incredible on the giant screen!  Return of the King was pretty sweet at the Uptown as well.

I've been to the Hoffman a few times for big releases, but it's been a while.  Now I work right near there -- I assume you are at Carlyle now as well?

Tonight I happen to be going to the Cineplex Odeon on Wisconsin Ave since my friend scored passes to a Phantom of the Opera screening.  There is a good chance it might kind of suck, but it's free with easy parking and it gives me an excuse to blow off the final Xmas shopping for yet another day.  So I'm in.

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2004, 09:49:47 PM »

Actually, I've never been to the Uptown.  Shame on me, I know.  Is parking around there easy, or should I just take the Metro if I ever want to go?

Yeah, I both live and work in the Carlyle area, making going to the Hoffman incredibly convenient.  The PTO has taken over around here, let me tell you.  Colored pillars outside of the buildings and all.  Funky.

Mike

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2004, 10:30:12 PM »

Well, I thought I was done.  NewEgg came through again, and got me all the computer parts today, so I started putting it together.  Somehow I managed to come up one IDE cable short.  I've been going all day, so I decided to put off the trip out to get it until after work tomorrow.  So I'll pick up the cable, and hopefully all the stocking stuffers, come home and finish the assembly, install software and stuff, wrap it, and be done.  Woot!

Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2004, 12:44:45 AM »

I've got to get 2 gift cards, and something for my stepfather.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2004, 02:22:40 PM »

I finished mine a few weeks ago.  I decided to actually beat the Christmas rush this year and get it done in November.  It's so nice to not have to worry about last minute gifts.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2004, 02:37:12 PM »

No.
I still don't have gifts for my brother, his girlfriend, or my dad.

My checking account's available balance is -69.87 despite the ledger balance being over 200. So I essentially can't spend the money that I do have in my checking account, for whatever reason, and I only have $15 on me. Also, I have no idea what to get for any of those three. I've been shopping, and always came up empty handed. Probably a good thing considering it would've borked my checking account even further than it has been already.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Freezer-TPF-

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2004, 03:06:50 PM »

Quote from: "pr0ner"
Actually, I've never been to the Uptown.  Shame on me, I know.  Is parking around there easy, or should I just take the Metro if I ever want to go?

Yeah, I both live and work in the Carlyle area, making going to the Hoffman incredibly convenient.  The PTO has taken over around here, let me tell you.  Colored pillars outside of the buildings and all.  Funky.

Mike

Parking for the Uptown is kind of doable on a few of the sidestreets nearby, but you generally can't get that close so you need to be prepared to have to walk several blocks back to the theatre.  The Metro stop (Cleveland Park) is only about a block at most from the theater, so that's rather easy if Metroing is convenient for you (and if you live in Carlyle, it should be!).

Anyway, we should try to grab a beer after work sometime.

Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2004, 06:25:54 PM »

$1,834 dollars done.

It's alright though, it's money from a Christmas account I set up with my credit union. So it's money I won't miss.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: