http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 08:54:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Araft Dead?  (Read 2083 times)
ElijahPrice
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2004, 04:57:58 PM »

I heard that he is dead but I haven't been able to get confirmation.  This cnn article says that a spokesman has come out to say he is "not dead"??

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/11/04/arafat.health/index.html
I am sorry about the title mis-spell.
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 05:31:10 PM »

ABC and Reuters are saying that he's dead also.

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 05:40:05 PM »

CNN is now reporting that he's critical, but saying hospital officials deny that he's dead.

mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 05:41:03 PM »

Maybe he's dead like the Great Leader in North Korea is dead?  I Really hope the Palestinians don't go that route!
karapcik
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 11:05:45 PM »

Ugggh...this just makes a lot more things more difficult.

For everyone that is: Israel, the Palestinians, the Europeans, and the Americans.

Expect a few years of bloody flux as someone tries to take control of the Palestinian cause. Civil war, perhaps? Maybe. This type of activity will, in turn, cause problems for everyone else.

I expect a fine little death match between Syria, Iran, unknown third parties, and Israel. And no, no one should be happy about this. As always innocents will pay the heaviest price for all of this "positioning".
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 11:45:55 PM »

I think it's very telling the Arafat, for all his championing of the cause of his people, apparently put little effort to making sure his people had organized leadership in the event he was unavailable, permanently or otherwise.  I mean really, how much does that tell you about what was important to him?
El Guapo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 01:46:01 AM »

Quote from: "karapcik"
Ugggh...this just makes a lot more things more difficult.

For everyone that is: Israel, the Palestinians, the Europeans, and the Americans.

Expect a few years of bloody flux as someone tries to take control of the Palestinian cause. Civil war, perhaps? Maybe. This type of activity will, in turn, cause problems for everyone else.

I expect a fine little death match between Syria, Iran, unknown third parties, and Israel. And no, no one should be happy about this. As always innocents will pay the heaviest price for all of this "positioning".

I disagree; I think this makes things easier, though it's certainly not going to bring a solution by itself.  Arafat had his chances to make peace, and it became increasingly clear that he wasn't going to take them; not only that, but his stature made it impossible for any challenger who might make peace or at least reform the Palestinian Authority (such as, perhaps, Mahmoud Abbas) to get things done.

So this would at least create the possibility of a viable negotiating partner to one day emerge on the Palestinian side, which is a step forward (though this would only be the beginning).
slackerjoe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 04:56:59 AM »

One of the leading terrorist figures of the 20th centruy is dead. This is very good news, people.

The only disappointing thing is that he wasn't taken out by Israel decades ago which could have saved countless innocent deaths. Evil men like Arafat do not deserve a quiet hospital death at 75 yrs of age.

Other good news is that I honestly think that this is an important step towards the Palenstinian people finding peace. If a leader emerges who will reject the dominant terrorist influence on the PA and honestly strive to make peace with Israel, then things in the middle east will be looking up.

PS3 screen name: slacker_joe
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004, 05:36:00 AM »

They cant have peace. If that happened then the terrorist would be outta work and the Palenstinian economy would crash and they'd all be out of work unless they got hired to dance in the street at Disney World.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2004, 05:50:18 AM »

Hehe, Palestine Disney: Where going to the market is an E ticket ride.

(E ticket=old school Disney reference)
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2004, 03:11:30 PM »

I think this is a step int he right direction.  By no means is any ones death a blessing but I think Arafat was not working towards peace, only his own self preservationa nd a hard line to old beliefs.  So, I think that there may be a little bit of a power struggle in the wake of his death but I think this is something good for Palestine.
scubabbl
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2004, 12:31:39 AM »

I met the sweetest girl. The thing is though, she's Morrocan and is a follower of islam. I really like her and think we have something really special. But I know if we want to get married, her family will want me to convert to islam. I'm afraid though, because I don't really know very much about machine guns and bombs.

haha   biggrin

But seriously, Arrafat was not a good man. Good ridance to him. Hopefully, someone will step up in Palastine and take charge, pushing them down a path to peace.
Rhinohelix
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2004, 10:24:01 PM »

For what its worth, the people here, although I can't vouch for the site, are "reporting" that some of the reason for the intrigue and removal to France were because Arafat is dying/dead due to HIV/AIDS.  Whoa.

http://web.israelinsider.com/Articles/Diplomacy/4348.htm

Rhino

Dance with the Devil and the Devil doesn't change.  The Devil changes you.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2004, 12:59:07 AM »

Well he does have a 2 year old daughter from some woman.

Maybe they dont really know what it wrong with him. Maybe god just got tired of him and is gettinjg rid of him slowly for fun smile

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2004, 03:21:55 AM »

Wow, the article posted above makes Arafat sound more like a Bond villain than anything!  

Hehe, "The Tiger."

He's playing tiger again. The officer monitoring his microphones connected me live with the bedroom, and the squawling almost broke my eardrums. Arafat was roaring like a tiger, and his lover yelping like a hyena."

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
karapcik
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2004, 11:27:06 AM »

Gay? I'd seen that rumor before. Supposedly his marriage was a front, child or no child.

Time will tell if this is true or not. And then it will be really interesting!
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2004, 12:55:14 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
Wow, the article posted above makes Arafat sound more like a Bond villain than anything!  

Hehe, "The Tiger."

He's playing tiger again. The officer monitoring his microphones connected me live with the bedroom, and the squawling almost broke my eardrums. Arafat was roaring like a tiger, and his lover yelping like a hyena."

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Yassir Arafat - Terrorist by day. Furry by night.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
O.DOGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2004, 01:52:28 PM »

And no doubt israelinsider.com is the most impartial source to spread the news of Arafat's homosexuality.... It must be true!

My smile still stays on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: