http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 11:20:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What did you think about the finale?  (Voting closed: December 16, 2005, 04:22:23 AM)
Randal was the best choice - Rock on Randal - 2 (20%)
Trump needs to be fired - 4 (40%)
I feel sorry for Rebecca - 4 (40%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apprentice - What do you think?  (Read 633 times)
Frog's Honey
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2005, 04:22:23 AM »

I say bravo to Randal!!  Glad he won, because he deserved it.  I am afraid he is going to look bad for Trump's VERY BAD MOVE on this!!

I Love The Law!  smile
CrayolaSmoker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 02:54:40 PM »

I thought Randal looked like an ass.  Not only when he petulantly whined, "This is MY night!  NOT HERS!  MINE! MINE MINE!!!," but before that when he barged into the conversation to spout off on Rebecca's losing record and whatnot.

Do I think he was a fine choice for the Apprentice?  Yes.  But I think he showed a severe lack of class last night, and that's a shame.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 02:55:44 PM »

I was fine with the idea of Randal winning.  He's an exceptionally smart, well-spoken, and even-keeled person with a proven track record of success.

I would have been fine with Rebecca winning.  She's an exceptionally smart, well-spoken, and *incredibly* dedicated person with a proven track record of success.

Either one of them could have won and left me happy.  What makes me unhappy is that after he had already been declared the winner, Randal was offered a chance to be a little bit magnanimous about it and to show his (alleged) respect for his teammate by lobbying on her behalf.  Instead, he slammed that door shut, arguing that it would hurt the "integrity of the competition" to hire Rebecca that same night.

Apparently, being declared the winner was actually less important to Randal than making sure that Rebecca lost.  I think that's unfortunate.  The fact that Felicia and Alla were waving their arms in the background calling out, "No!  No!" when Trump suggested that he might hire Rebecca too...I kind of expect that from a pair of nasty back-bitters.  But from Randal, it's much more disappointing.

I have a friend who swore that if Rebecca and Randal were both hired in the finale, he would *never* watch The Apprentice again.  I tried to point out to him that it's the journey -- the competitions, the strategies, the interesting people, the Board Room brawls -- and not the destination that makes The Apprentice an entertaining show.  Like Randal last night, my friend insisted that unless the last five minutes of the season reveals one winner and fifteen losers, all of the fun he had watching every episode every week would be instantly invalidated and the entire series would be destoyed.

The Apprentice is not the Super Bowl -- the final two competitors do not enter a head-to-head battle, and there is not always a clear-cut winner.  In the final analysis, the victory really only matters to the victor, and it seems petulant for that victor, once crowned, to do everything in his power to kick down the competition.  Randal's a great businessman, but last night I lost some respect for him as a man.

In other words, I don't see any poll choices that match my thoughts, so I haven't voted.  Cool

-Autistic Angel
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 09:49:41 PM »

I hope Randall falls flat on his face after that.  If I were Trump I would still hire Rebecca for something else.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 11:18:32 PM »

I thought he was the better choice.  He's an ass, however.  

I don't know why people would want a job like that.  Money is great, but good god, the pressure, being at Trumps beckon call, your whole life would be that position.  I guess some people eat that stuff up, but that would be hellish for me.

SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 12:12:41 AM »

All I know is that within 30 seconds Randal went from "The Nice Guy who Finished First" to "That Fucker who Punked out his Former Teammate".

It was a bullshit move.  I'm not a big fan of Randal.  I can't wait for him to melt under pressure and use the Randal "Oh Shit!" face in real life.

Just Hiro will do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: