http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 08:07:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apprentice 11/04/04 - WHAT THE HELL?!?!  (Read 2218 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2004, 03:01:45 AM »

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/brain explodes

What the bloody hell are you doing, Trump?!?! Combine tonight's completely asinine firing with the booting of Teh Bradford, and you've just proven yourself to be a complete ass surrounded by kiss-asses. I respected Caroline - no longer. I once thought people genuinely had a chance so long as they busted their tail - no longer.

HOW THE HELL IS IVANA STILL ON THIS SHOW?!?!?!

GAH!!!!!

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 03:54:23 AM »

I don't know what that one guy was thinking when he had his little meltdown right when they were dismissed to go back upstairs.  If Raj was smart, he should've grabbed that meltdown opportunity with both hands and yanked it into the boardroom with him.
susannah-mio
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 01:22:23 PM »

We didn't like either the bringing back of the old people (didn't add anything imho) or losing Raj!!! Altogether, a missable episode frown
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 01:43:39 PM »

yeah - the crop of players this season really stinks by comparison to the first season...

Ivana is a major chump. That blond attorney ho is really gonna get what's coming to her. Politicing and playing people gets you pwn'd and often.

That sux Raj went, he was my boy:/
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 02:31:50 PM »

You can't always blame the Project Manager for a failure.  If key individuals are not pulling their weight, then the blame rests on their shoulders.  Project Managers should not be expected to babysit each team member for every second of every day.  And it's ridiculous to think otherwise.

I'm getting tired of Kelly's BS too.  He never takes any resposibility, always throwing blame somewhere else.

Raj did make some mistakes during the task, but I would have fired Kevin, especially after LYING about picking the contractor.
Wolfsix
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 03:31:16 PM »

I think Trump did the right thing this week. Its all about decision making and Raj made a very poor decision re: not bringing him back to the boardroom after specilfically being asked by Trump if he wanted to do so.  Every part of the task is under scrutiny -- including boardroom performance. Raj screwed up -- end of story.

Have you forgotten? -- Darryl Worley
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 04:02:02 PM »

Raj was the right choice. He was PM and a real estate developer. Even if he wasn't PM, he should have had his ass dragged in.  They didn't finish the job, got screwed by the contractor and turned a 4 bedroom into a 3.  Kevin lying was bad and he'll pay, so will the other guy with the big mouth.

Basically these are inexperienced (but educated)  type A people who haven't figured out the rules of the game. Teh Donald is Teh Boss. Don't speak, unless spoken too. Go with the pack. If the boss is hammering someone, you hammer them too. Stick your neck out, it gets cut off. Pretty much like life at an actual company.

"The older you get the more you realize that life is like high school."-Frank Zappa.
Nameless
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 05:11:00 PM »

Don't speak, unless spoken too. Go with the pack. If the boss is hammering someone, you hammer them too. Stick your neck out, it gets cut off. Pretty much like life at an actual company.

I consider this the tragedy of modern business.

"I don't like signatures"  -  me
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004, 06:21:32 PM »

How'd you guys like Raj hitting on everything with a pulse.......
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2004, 07:11:54 PM »

Quote from: "Nameless"
Don't speak, unless spoken too. Go with the pack. If the boss is hammering someone, you hammer them too. Stick your neck out, it gets cut off. Pretty much like life at an actual company.

I consider this the tragedy of modern business.

I agree. It's a sad reality, but its also a mircocosm of human nature as well.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2004, 05:08:13 AM »

Quote from: "Greggy_D"

I agree. It's a sad reality, but its also a mircocosm of human nature as well.
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2004, 08:22:51 PM »

I only saw him hit on Trump's receptionist at the end and it looked like he had rather good taste  Tongue
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2004, 05:16:46 PM »

Another thing.......NO WAY each team got all that work done for 20 grand.

And those little shit-ass houses appraised for over 400k!!!!!!!!  :shock:
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2004, 05:29:13 PM »

Another thing.......NO WAY each team got all that work done for 20 grand.

And those little shit-ass houses appraised for over 400k!!!!!!!!  :shock:

In a suburb of NYC, I believe it.  Heck, sh*t-ass 2 story houses like that in the San Fran Bay Area go for 600k+.   I rented a little dinky house in San Jose from 2000-2002 that was listed on the market for 625k (1 story, 1.5 bath, 3bdr).  

Most houses outside of Wash DC but inside or near the 495 beltway usually start somewhere in the 400k+ range and go up, even for little 1 story ranch houses.
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2004, 04:39:11 PM »

Yep. I grew up in those suburbs on LI. One reason i moved to FL was to get my spacious home. Although, the prices here are getting out of hand as well.

Teh wife and i were trying to figure out what town that was. It was most likely Mineola, close commuting to NYC, but still a good community. But no way did they do all that renovating on $20k.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2004, 08:52:17 PM »

I agree, no way they did that for $20k.  

I thought those houses looked good for $400k.  Says a lot about where I live.

Raj screwed up though.  He made bad choices on the house (taking away a bedroom), he didn't finish, and he let the brand new rug get ruined.  That is on him.  He then didn't take the idiot into the boardroom.

Ivana is pretty worthless so far.

I didn't watch the first season, but the contestants this year seem pretty dumb.  Add to the fact that the challenges suck (pet grooming?) and I can't see what made the Apprentice so great?  It is kind of a dull show that my wife makes me watch each week.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2004, 09:42:04 PM »

They never did mention how much the invoices were for the contractors.  I'm guessing the "good fellas" invoice was insane (they even had the uncles show up and start "supervising").  For anyone who has any experience working with contractors, every single "good fella" on that job site would appear on that invoice in some form or another.

In every other project that had a cost associated with it, they've always factored that into the net earnings or final outcome.  I'm guessing both teams blew that 20k out of the water, and they intentionally forgot to mention the contracting invoices.  Actually I was really curious about the project costs, and was thinking the "good fellas" crew would crush that team when the invoices were deducted from the appraisals.
Juntei
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2004, 05:21:21 AM »

Raj screwed up and he got fired for it. Taking that house down to a 3 bed room and then not finishing it? He even tried to step up and take the blame hoping that'd save him. He had the most personality, he wasn't the best contestant.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2004, 01:38:17 PM »

The nutty thing is the fact that Raj is in real estate.  Yet he still turned a 4 BR into a 3 BR.

That's just dumb.

This season definitley is kind of dull.  Really liked the first season, but The Apprentice seems to have aged in a way that Survivor and Amazing Race have not for me.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: