http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 04:23:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apparently Adrenaline Vault is dead/dying  (Read 1572 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2004, 10:25:49 PM »

I've always enjoyed The Adrenaline Vault.  I thought they published long, fair reviews and generally maintained a quality site.  I check in on them every week or so.  Or used to.  Their main page hasn't updated since 12/15.  I figured this was due to holiday craziness but as more time went by I began to wonder.  I checked their forums and found this from Brian Clair posted a couple weeks ago:
Hi all,

I have decided to resign from running the Adrenaline Vault, effective on Wednesday (12/15). It's been an eventful run during the past 9+ years, with lots of ups and downs (especially the past several years). However, I feel that it's time to leave and move on.

I've enjoyed chatting with everyone the past few years (well, most of you [Razz] ). The site's readers are what kept me doing this for so long. I wish everyone the best in the future and who knows? Maybe our paths will cross again.

Before anyone asks, I don't know what this means for AVault. As there's no replacement for me, I suspect that there will be no updates after I leave. I will be posting new reviews until Friday, however, so that our writers can get their stuff published.

This may be old news but I'm surprised by it.  I hate to see a good gaming site go down.  Between the loss of our beloved Gone Gold, the rape of GamesDomain and now Avault this is a sad year for gaming sites.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 10:40:04 PM »

Bad news indeed.  Of all the sites out there AVault was one I felt at least a little respect for.  Why couldn't it have been Gamespy or IGN? Tongue

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 11:05:02 PM »

Begore GG(and now CG & OO) I used to go there all the time. Now I only go a couple of times a year. It was an excellent place for you gaming needs tho.

Ye Olde Farte
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 01:29:18 AM »

It's been a couple of years since I've gone there, other than taking a quick glimpse every now and then.  For a while there, Avault and VoodooExtreme were my mainstays but then they changed and I moved on.   It was good while it lasted.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004, 04:58:32 AM »

Damn.
It was my homepage for years.

I was hoping that the recent lack of updates was due to the holidays  frown

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 08:08:51 AM »

Gonna miss avault too.  Excellent gaming site.  I think I'll be lost if VE and Blues go next...

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2004, 01:26:36 PM »

Why couldn't it have been Gamespy or IGN?

Don't worry....I openly admit that its my goal to shut IGN down. smile  I'll achieve that goal some day....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 10:07:35 PM »

Avault is back online. Woo
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 10:35:28 PM »

I've been waiting not too patiently for this. Finally!

PSN ID: EduardoX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: