http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 09:30:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone watching Desperate Housewives on ABC?  (Read 980 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2004, 04:09:20 PM »

I'd taped the first episode of this when it aired and watched it last night.  I wasn't very excited about this going into it but I have to say I loved the first episode.

It's primarily a vehicle for female actresses including Teri Hatcher and Felicity Huffman.  The show reminds me a lot of Picket Fences in its tone.  And its funny.  Wickedly funny.

And there are so many unanswered questions (not really spoilers): What does the grieving husband have buried under the swimming pool?  Why did the narrator commit suicide?

I have the second episode on tape and will watch it tonight.  Between this and Lost, ABC really has it on the ball this season.  I think they are replaying the 2nd episode Sat. night and episode three airs Sun night.  Down with Reality TV!
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 04:13:41 PM »

I just watched the first episode...great show!  I hope they can keep this up.  I can't imagine how a show like this could go on for seasons and seasons but if it keeps up the quality of the pilot I am there!

I haven't watched the second episode yet either....TiVo has totally changed how I watch TV.  There is just no rush.  When I feel like it, it will be there.

Juntei
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »

I've watched both episodes so far. I was hoping I would like this but so far i'm very meh about it.

My wife seems to like it and as there isn't anything I watch on sunday on HBO going on right now I might keep watching.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 04:36:32 PM »

I've not watched it... mainly because it seems to me like a 'woman's show'; something that Lifetime would air. But maybe I'm wrong.  Cool
rshetts
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 05:12:57 PM »

This show need more nekkid Trei Hatcher!  I mean really nekkid, not network almost a glimpse type nekkid. :twisted:
warning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 06:17:36 PM »

Quote from: "PR_GMR"
I've not watched it... mainly because it seems to me like a 'woman's show'; something that Lifetime would air. But maybe I'm wrong.  Cool

I thought so too.  That's why I put off watching the pilot.  I'm not sure the name Desperate Housewives is going to do the show justice in the long-haul.

And I've only seen the first episode but it's very funny.  If you like black humor you'd probably enjoy this.
Arnold Yim
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 06:26:05 PM »

Saw the first episode, part of the second.  I mean, it's an okay show, but just not my taste.  It is a little too womanish for my tastes.  But then, so is Charmed, Gilmore Girls, and any other show that showcases only women. . .
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 07:27:07 PM »

Quote from: "PR_GMR"

I thought the same thing.  Then while watching the annual injustice of the Red River Shootout I saw some trailers for it and decided to tape it for my wife.  Surprise surprise, its a damn fine show so far.  And yeah Teri Hatcher is smoke.  What happened to her tits though?  Is it me or did she shrink them?

olaf
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: