http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 03:17:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone watch Montel aka puppet mouthpiece for Sylvia Browne?  (Read 1323 times)
Arnold Yim
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2004, 01:16:11 PM »

Do u guys believe in Slyvia Browne's "powers"?  To those that don't know, she's one of the (in)famous people known for their so called psychic powers.

Every single time I change channels and see Montel's talk show, I see her on it spouting about how someone's illness is a blood disease, or how someone else's dead wife makes sounds in the house, etc.

Anyone believe in this cr*p?  Because it seems alot of people do. . .

If she really had powers, she would be filthy rich.  Instead, she goes on Montel hawking her books. . . why hawk books when u can just win the lottery or trade stocks (that are affected by major world events) every day?  hmm.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 01:19:37 PM »

If she was really psychic, she should have known that people weren't going to take her seriously unless she was on some half-wit's talk show. I'm guessing Leno was booked, so she settled for less than that. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 01:39:17 PM »

Today is October 6, 2004 and I'm going to make a prediction:

GoneGold is in trouble!  [cue ominous music]

You read it here first.
HarveyB
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 02:37:28 PM »

For a ton of info on Sylvia Browne and the James Randi Educational Foundation go  to:http://www.randi.org/sylvia/index.shtml.

For those too young to know,  in the 60's and 70's James Randi was one of the world's leading professional magicians, performing as the Amazing Randi.  For the last 20 years or so, he has devoted himself to traveling around the world exposing phony "psychics", "spiritualists", "faith healers", etc. His  first major success was Uri Geller, who claimed to be able to bend spoons and forks using "mind power". Randi would follow him on all the talk shows and demonstrate how it was a simple parlor trick. Geller hasn't been heard from since.

His foundation has $1 million in escrow for anyone who can prove to a panel of scholars and experts that they are a legitimate psychic.  So far, no one has ever claimed the money.

Very interesting guy with a great website.

The Artist Formerly Known as TGB
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 02:54:40 PM »

As my wife is psychic I believe in that "crap". That dosn't mean I believe all of what Ms Brown has to say but a lot of it goes along with my wife's own experiences.
Personally I think Ms Brown is a little full of herself and I stopped watching Montel long ago because of it but I have experienced things that leads me to believe in a lot of that "crap".
I'm not going to try to talk anybody into believing it.It's my own crazy beliefs. :wink:

Ye Olde Farte
HarveyB
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 03:14:40 PM »

As my wife is psychic I believe in that "crap".

Nothing personal against you or the missus, DBT, but.....

I assume she told you in advance about Rich pulling the plug on GoneGold.  Why didn't you pass the information along?   Just asking Tongue

She has $1 million waiting for her. I suggest you guys grab it asap.

dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 03:48:19 PM »

I have  feeling the I could levitate the "Great Randi" and he'd still claim it was a trick.(not that I can  :wink:  )
Like I said,I'm trying to comvince anybody of my beliefs,just stating them,that's all.

Ye Olde Farte
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 03:54:19 PM »

Do I necessarily believe in television psychics and communing with the dead? No. Do I believe there are things going on that science does not yet understand? Without a doubt.

Science doesn't really understand the "link" between twins, it has little understanding of exactly how consciousness and the brain works, it doesn't even understand quantum physics, and there is some SERIOUSLY weird stuff going on in that field.

I'm not ready to fully accept the existence of "psychic phenomena." On the other hand, I don't for a minute believe we have reached such a pinnacle of understanding in the world of science that we can totally dismiss every aspect of it.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 05:16:49 PM »

I don't think we can talk about this.  It kinda falls under religion,methinks.
HarveyB
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 05:40:55 PM »

Quote from: "Bob"
I don't think we can talk about this.  It kinda falls under religion,methinks.

How is that?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: