http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 09:00:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone seeing Bourne Supremacy this weekend?  (Read 2069 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2004, 08:16:35 PM »

Better known as "Matt Damon pwns the CIA."

I loved the first movie, but haven't read the books. One of my best friends loves the books and hates that first movie. Go figure. Anyone up for seeing this flick this weekend?

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 08:21:21 PM »

No. But I have the dvd for the first one sitting at home. I might watch that this weekend. And if it is "really, really" good, I might go see it in a week or two.

LiveTAG: happydog
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 09:00:40 PM »

i really liked the first one, i though it was great, i will be going out to see it this weekend.  biggrin

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 10:14:44 PM »

Totally.  I'll be absolutely seeing it this weekend. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 01:27:27 AM »

I bought the new released DVD and it came with a free ticket for the new movie.  I'm going to try to see it this weekend, but it depends if I survive the Sheriff Physical Agility course tomorrow smile
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 04:22:27 AM »

This is one I would like to see.  For some reason I can't quite determine, the previews look good.  I didn't see the first, but the allure of the new DVD has me interested.

Be sure to let us know how the movie was!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 10:32:01 AM »

This one looks really good.  I thought the first one was great and was surprised with how well Matt Damon pulled off the lead character.   Maybe I'll pick up the DVD and get the free ticket.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 06:48:17 PM »

I liked both the books and the movie, but they are totally different.

See, the books, the entire trilogy, is centered around a mortal feud between Bourne and Carlos the Jackal.  That's not a spoiler.  It's described on the back cover.  That is the WHOLE basis for the story in the books.  

I don't understand how or why they decided to get rid of this for the movies...  even if they named him Jeremy the Banana Slug, the idea of having a villian that spans all 3 stories is crucial to the storyline.  Why?!!?  It left me wondering how they were even allowed to name the movies after the books...

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 06:53:39 PM »

Balshazaar, I am assuming you reccomend the books.  As a man in need of some lighter reading could you tell me the titles in the "official" trilogy and their order?  I know they just had another book with "Bourne" in the title, though it is written by another author.  There might even be more of them out there.  I am much more interested in the core books.  They are good I suppose?

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2004, 09:03:22 PM »

Saw it this morning, and I enjoyed it when I could tell what was going on. It had that ultra-annoying trend of shaky-cam rapid fire editing designed to feel frenetic and frenzied, but all it does is piss me off since I can't tell what's going on. I don't need chaos in a single still shot, but I DO as a viewer need to see the movie I'm watching. Parts of it were just insanely cut together, which was even more maddening because it was obstructing a damn fine espionage thriller. The story, the characters, the menace was all quite good, and Damon is a very credible badass. Something I never thought I'd say, btw.

I just wish I could watch him kick some ass, versus trying to make out him kicking ass amidst a flurry of quick cuts and spastic camera work.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2004, 02:06:03 AM »

YA I didn't like the shaky cam, it ruined the car chase scene and most of the action sequences.

Overall a pretty good movie, I like his last comment at the end smile

I think the 1st was better than the 2nd
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: