http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 01:26:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone run their speaker wire along the walls/ceiling?  (Read 703 times)
Nth Power
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2007, 11:41:16 PM »

I'm planning on replacing my speaker wire for my surround sound, but this time I want to run it from the receiver, up the wall and along the ceiling to the surrounds.  Now, the wire simply goes from my receiver to the speaker with the wire laying across the floor. 
I don't want to use nails or screws to keep it next to the ceiling, so I was wondering if there was something stickable?  Anyone use something like that?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 11:48:29 PM »

Home Depot sells wire hiders.

I ran my wires along the baseboard of the floor and tucked them all neatly into the wire hiders.  Works well and they are inexpensive. 7.00 or so for 8 ft or something...

The screw into the baseboards and then the cover clips over them. No fuss no muss.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 11:51:02 PM »

Quote from: Nth Power on January 25, 2007, 11:41:16 PM

I'm planning on replacing my speaker wire for my surround sound, but this time I want to run it from the receiver, up the wall and along the ceiling to the surrounds.  Now, the wire simply goes from my receiver to the speaker with the wire laying across the floor. 
I don't want to use nails or screws to keep it next to the ceiling, so I was wondering if there was something stickable?  Anyone use something like that?

Perhaps something like this?

I used this to run wiring for the accent lighting under the shelving above my TV.  You can see it along the lower edge of the top shelf. 

You could run it along the corner where the wall meets the ceiling.

It has adhesive tape along one side.  You might also find adhesive clips in the same section where they sell this so that you don't have to nail anything into the ceiling.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 12:49:00 AM »

Both of those seem like they could work well although I'd like to avoid making any holes if possible.  I live in an apartment, so I don't want any lasting damage.   Looks like I'll take a trip to Home Depot or Lowe's and check out both.  Thanks guys!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 01:19:00 AM »

I've been seeing wireless speakers.  No idea if they are expensive or cause any interferance with other wireless products (like 802.11 b/g).
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 02:24:09 AM »

Quote from: unbreakable on January 26, 2007, 01:19:00 AM

I've been seeing wireless speakers.  No idea if they are expensive or cause any interferance with other wireless products (like 802.11 b/g).
That would be great not having to worry about wires anymore.  I haven't even seen any of those or heard if they are good or not.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 04:59:37 AM »

When I did my speaker wire across my doors into my bedroom, all I did was wrap them around a large nail. It keeps them in place and it's next to invisible in the end (as they're really close to the door mounting). Yeah, it's a cheap and/or lazy solution, but it works.  icon_biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: