http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 05:55:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone order from Tigerdirect.com?  (Read 1273 times)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2005, 08:55:14 AM »

Today I purchased the following
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1087917&Tab=5

It comes with a $100 rebate that you fill out online.  The rebate expires today.  I started to place my order around 5:30-6:00pm and after putting in my credit card info I went to click on submit, and I get an error. The whole site went down apparently for about an hour.  

If finally came back up and sucessfully placed my order.  I rpinted out the receipt with my order #, and immediately went to order tracking just to be sure it went through.  I got a message saying that page is currently being upgraded or something similar to that effect.

I check later and I'm able to access my account.  However, it says my order was placed on 1-01-05.  Which is far from the truth, and at the time I placed my order it was 7:08 pm pacific, and they are on the East coast so it would still be 12/31/04

I'm hoping this doesn't screw me up on my rebate.  Also, I went to fill out the rebate info on the online site (they give out instructions on what to do)  I fill it out and then it asks for my order or serial # and it keeps telling me my order # is invalid.  Before entering this in, they give you a warning in red letters to not apply for this rebate more than once.  I didn't finish the process, got to step 2.  I'm worried that I just screwed up, because their site won't recognize my order #.

Anyways, the point of my question is, how is their customer service?  I'm hoping they can work this out.  I've done everything I was supposed to do.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 03:26:31 PM »

they are a decent company and I would definately recommend talking to someone at their customer service, I have not heard anything adverse about their CS so hopefully they'll take care of you.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 08:41:50 PM »

I've ordered from them but never had a problem so I'm unsure how good they are at resolving issues.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 07:05:29 PM »

A lot has changed since my last post.

After I had canceled my order, I checked my order status page, and noticed that my order was partially cancelled.  

Then later that day I received a confirmation # of my order.  I called tigerdirect again to confirm that my order has been cancelled, and spoke to a person name Roxane.  She actually seemed like she cared about my problem.  I asked her if I showed her proof (my printed order confirmation with the DEC 31st date) would she give me $100 off.   She said she'd show it to her supervisor.  So I scanned in the document and sent her a copy.  She promised she would get back to me the next day.

It's been a full day and no response, so I called Tigerdirect and immediately spoke to a supervisor.  (I should have just cancelled and moved on, but I wanted to see what the supervisor would do)  He gets on the phone and basically doesn't care too much.   He tells me if my rebate gets denied, I am to send in the denial letter to him and then he'd give me $100 off.  He wouldn't bother looking at my proof.  I relunctantly accepted figuring, it's going to cost me $400 if I buy it elsewhere, might as well gamble just in case they do give me the $100 off.

Later that night, I'm whining about all this to some people in my WOW guild.  Apparenlty someone who owns a company, has a contact with Tigerdirect and he told me to mail him the situation and he'd forward it along to his contact.  I went to start my email, and wanted to find the product page.   To my suprise, I notice that there's a new rebate involved with the same mobo/cpu.  This rebate now has an expiration date of 2/28/05.  So I cancelled my order and placed a new one.  Problem solved.

I emailed the person I've been talking to at Tigerdirect, and told him the situation.  I asked for him to confirm my original order was cancelled.  He replies back and tells me he will also give me free overnight, as long as I give him my new order #.  Unfortunately my order had already shipped, so he gave me free shipping.  

Last night I emailed him asking if my computer comes with a heatsink.  Today I find out he just sent me this  http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=636205&sku=S457-1017  for free and with UPS 2nd Day Air.

I totally didn't expect that, and I wasn't trying to get anything free out of him, I just wanted to be sure, because if it didn't I was going to pick one up at a local store.

I don't know if I'd shop there again, but after shipping that heatsink for free, and refunding shipping, has put them in a better light.
jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 11:26:12 PM »

I ordered a some speakers from them right after Christmas.  They shipped out Monday (I ordered on Saturday night) and were at my house by 3:00 PM on Tuesday.  I had payed for ground shipping, so I was pretty happy with how fast they arrived.
I would order from them again.

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 01:45:58 AM »

Tigerdirect has been around forever.  They were to mail-ordering what Newegg is to online shopping now.  The one place were everyone ordered hardware and computer for cheap.  I ordered my first CD-rom from them back in the early 90s.  Super cheap 2x internal drive.  I've never had a problem with their service and still use them every now and then.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: