http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 09:40:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone here watch the show House?  (Read 1232 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: March 25, 2005, 01:22:30 PM »

It is one of the few shows that I do TiVo and look forward to every week, anyone else watching it?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 02:17:30 PM »

I thouroughly enjoy the show.  I have been a fan of Hugh Laurie since my wife introduced me to the britcom Jeeves and Wooster.  I try to make sure and either watch or tivo this every week.
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 02:23:53 PM »

Yup I've been watching it almost every week. So far I'm really liking it. the stories are interesting and hte charaters are pretty well fleshed out. Plus the show is in HD. smile
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 02:26:50 PM »

So who else absolutely hates the new rich guy who basically bought control of the hospital?  Man only watched last weeks episode so far due to being busy and by the end I wanted to smack his fat ass through the TV.  Guess I am getting attached to the characters and don't like the new guy trying to mess with them heh.. smile
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 02:28:26 PM »

and hte charaters are pretty well fleshed out.

*****SPOILERS******

You see the one last week?  He has to fire one of the team...I hope they don't, they have good on-screen chemistry.  

******SPOILERS*****

I dig the guy who plays House - I think he plays the part perfectly.  The one where he tried to kick his painkiller addiction was fantastic.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 03:33:23 PM »

***Spoilers***********************************
Ya I saw that pretty cool little twist to throw in at the end of the show. I really don't think they will end up axing any of the characters though.  Judging from the preview for next week it's gona be a long drawn out affair.  I loved the part of the episode where he justifies taking the free sports car.  biggrin
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 05:18:10 PM »

i absolutely, positively never, ever miss it!  i adore House and his three little minions, plus the oncologist friend, and his "boss".  and, yeah, i want to smack the new guy big time, but i realize they had to do something to distract us...  every week they have to figure out a new disease/ allergy/ whatever - that the team can be wrong about five times, and still save the patient.  that can't be too easy without adding some complicating elements.  still wanna smack him though!

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 05:27:24 PM »

Thank goodness someone else feels that way... of course I suppose that is what they were aiming for when introducing him.  The contest of wills between him and house should be fun tho.  Am I the only one who thinks Jennifer Morrison is HOT!!?  Of course the actress that plays Cuddy is quite attractive as well heh.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 08:27:33 PM »

Yeah I really enjoy watching House.  Although, about two episodes back I started thinking that it would follow the same formula every episode:  something happens to someone, no one knows what it is, House comes in and tells the parents to either fess up or their son/daughter will die, parents reveal something big or substancial, House and the team think they have the cure, but they don't, then something normal happens to House or the team which clues them into what the problem is, and all is well!  Ok, ok, maybe not that EXACT formula, but you know   biggrin

But throwing in the rich guy who bought the hospital has really been a step in the right direction for the show.  It brings a lot of . . . conflict . . . although it's already present in large amounts.

Anyways, it is a great show to watch, yep!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Semaj

View Profile
Heh
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2005, 07:27:49 AM »

Actually I dislike the New Guy (Shame he doesnt have a real name yet) meaning he is great.  The fact he can bring that much irritation and dislike in one episode makes him a keeper in my book.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2005, 01:21:20 PM »

In this past episode they actually said his first name, believe it was Edward.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 12:31:04 PM »

Any chance I could get a spoilerific recap on last nights episode?  My stupid comcast DVR box only recorded the first 10 minutes for some reason.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 01:04:53 PM »

lucky you Arkon - the first person to respond has a crappy memory!  to the best of my ability, here goes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SPOILERS***  EPISODE 3/29 ... HOUSE...  SPOILERS***...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 year old obese girl drops like a rock while exercising - heart attack.  House seems to be pitting the three team members against each other and tells them one must be cut byt he end of the week. Chase turns into an almost-instant a**hole, ratting out House and anyone within reach to Edward.  Hot young woman doc (Cameron?) tries to be fair, as does Foreman, but he turns against Chase partway into it...  Edward works behind the scenes also, making offers to both of the other two while reminding Chase that he owes him and must keep ratting everyone out if he wants to save his job.  meanwhile, 10 year old is showing signs of necrosis (ack, skin is rotting away on her chest, looks like the flesh-eating disease, ahem, i mean a staph infection).  poor thing has no friends, mom swears she eats right and exercises and she's still obese.  House sees a few patients on the side, the usual odd cases for him to shine with.

um, more of the same, blah, blah... they finally figure out that the girl has  Cushing's Syndrome, a genetic disorder - has a brain tumor, everything will be super-duper if they just yank it out (they do, she slims, happy happy).  Edward throws his weight around thru the entire episode - "i'm in charge, you'd best not forget it" type thing, very bluntly and annoyingly!  they are definitely making him the bad guy - blunt, mean, disruptive, conniving, etc.  if you wanted to like him before that, forget it now!

um... running out of details, there was more intrigue - anyone else care to fill in the blanks?  oh, one thing - House offers to have the team, including himself, take a pay cut to keep everyone for the same price as if one had been fired.  Bad Guy turns him down, because he's in charge and he wants everyone to know it....

more, anyone?

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 01:17:54 PM »

~~~~~~~ONE MORE     ***3/29***       HOUSE SPOILER~~~~~~~~~

one more really important bit:  House finally chooses Chase - but Edward tells him to "choose another".  House is stunned, says "No", Edward says yes, or the whole department goes...

is it Tuesday yet?

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: