http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 10:18:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else having problems with Gone Gold?  (Read 45642 times)
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: October 09, 2004, 04:06:23 AM »

I think I will bookmark this thread just in case I have a need for 1000 analogies for a sinking ship/swimming to shore!

Welcome, everyone.  I enjoyed reading (and occassionally joining in) the discussions on GG, and look forward to doing the same here.

The internet will never be the same...

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Siljanus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 09, 2004, 04:07:08 AM »

Quote from: "Zaxxon"
Quote from: "DPW"
I suppose I'm probably mostly still in denial...

I think we all are.  I must say that I am impressed with what I'm finding here, however.

Tell me about it.  I posted a rather vague question in another thread asking who that latina model posted in a GG thread with the nice ass was and I got a response in less than an hour!  That truly IS impressive! (and so is her ass)

Let us be thankful we have an occupation to fill. Work hard, increase production, prevent accidents and be happy.

Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy. And be happy.
Enough
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 09, 2004, 04:08:37 AM »

Quote from: "Siljanus"
... GG'ers ... team up(!)...resurrect Gone Gold(!)

I agree. ConsoleGold is nice and everything, but its like that nice hotel you stay in while the house you live in gets sprayed for termites. It may be nice and you have a great time, but by the end, you're really looking forward to going home.

For me, the fact that the folks that make up the Console Gold community have made this place so welcoming (and are familiar "faces") makes me want to stick around, regardless of whether GG comes back up or not.  I'd be quite happy when the GG forum returns but I think I've added yet another venue for me to be distracted from work...

Damn you Console Gold! :x
Agreed, and best of all they even show thread views here and we can go over 10 pgs with Python pics and stuff!     :twisted:

Seriously, there is something unique here at CG similar to the friendly feel that the GG community is known for, but like all I'm still hoping that this is only a temp outage.  But regardless I'm sure I will stick around in some capacity even if us debaters can't get an argumentation clinic or some such to lock our sorry asses into knots over.  But I also hear RM9, it's nice to have a bit of a break either way.  It is nice to see so many GGers posting here.  I think I would be shaking from GGFE withdrawal by now if I hadn't read this thread.  Thanks to CG for continuing to be so welcoming to the refugee population!  slywink

Edit: We need some Grundy-Punditry around here!

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 09, 2004, 04:09:16 AM »

Most users ever online was 48 on Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:23 pm
Ramoz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 09, 2004, 04:13:41 AM »

The Gonegold Vigil. If one of us passes out, another will take up the watch.
motodd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 09, 2004, 04:19:55 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"

The internet will never be the same...

Man you said it. I lurked at GG for 4 years and relished all the great game info and conversations. It's been a strange couple of days not having my homepage load up :cry:
That said I have been lurking here since May of this year and really have enjoyed this place as well. Here's hoping for some good news come Monday.
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: October 09, 2004, 04:20:09 AM »

Ok the convulsions stopped..is it back on yet?

How does this work again?
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 09, 2004, 04:23:07 AM »

Back from work and no GoneGold, I am saddened
DPW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 09, 2004, 04:25:16 AM »

Quote from: "Siljanus"
I posted a rather vague question in another thread asking who that latina model posted in a GG thread with the nice ass was and I got a response in less than an hour!  That truly IS impressive! (and so is her ass)

Which is more impressive? :wink:
lildrgn
« Reply #329 on: October 09, 2004, 04:25:33 AM »

Good lord, are we all sitting around on a friday night waiting to reply to one another?

And is this different from every previous friday night?

Well, you are in Pullman...

Then again, I'm in Bellevue and look where I am tonight...

Then again, I do have 2 kids I'm trying to get to go to bed...

Ah, whatever.

biggrin
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 09, 2004, 04:26:14 AM »

Man, at the very least I hope GG comes back for a little while.  I just realized I have a running tally of every CD I bought and book I read for this year posted there and only there.  I want access to those lists, not to mention all the others replies in the "[Music] What you pick up last" and "[Books] What you've read this year" threads that were invaluable to me in finding a lot of that great entertainment.frown

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 09, 2004, 04:27:48 AM »

Quote from: "CSL"
Back from work and no GoneGold, I am saddened

Me too.  First thing I did when I got home was to see if GG was back. frown

I'm sure everyone's already done this, but if you have any GG'ers e-mail addys that you haven't seen here you may want to give them a heads up.  T'would be nice to keep all (well, most) of the GG crowd together.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: October 09, 2004, 04:28:56 AM »

So strange. GG was the only forum, well the first that is, forum I ever posted in and I've dabbled in only one other forum. Now it feels strange having to start over here.

I must admit though I am currently torn between getting an XBox and Gamecube. Only problem is how I'm going to be able to fit anymore gaming into my schedule?

How does this work again?
msduncanout
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 09, 2004, 04:29:37 AM »

I know this idea was posted by the idiot Kahless...but Rich's home phone number IS listed in his WHOIS listing.  Anyone want to give him a call?

"I am OUTRAGED!"
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 09, 2004, 04:32:29 AM »

Wooo wheee, I go to work for 8 hours, and this thread explodes. I had 8 pages to read!

Some things occurred to me. KD, AgtFox, et al have graciously invited the migrants over here, but I'm wondering if they know fully what they're in for  :wink:

You will not only inherit the good people of GG, but will inherit it's problems as well, such as Lord Ebonstone vs Derek Smart, etc.  It's good to know that kind of shit will have a very short lifespan here.  

and also you will have a neverending problem of babysitting EBG threads for politics and religious discussion.  banning those topics here will kill it for a lot of people, and i don't see how certain personalities are going to be able to refrain.  Sometimes topics just head in that direction.

Geezer has offered massive bandwidth for a clone of the GG forums, and noun and I, as well as others also offer up our services to set up and establish the new forums.  I'm not trying to steal people away from here, hell, I'll stay here and be happy, but I personally don't think some of the restrictions are going to work for a lot of guys (like jblank, msduncan, etc)

We could set up pretty much a clone of the GG forums. Just an offer if this doesn't work out. Meanwhile, many thanks to KD and crew for the home.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 09, 2004, 04:32:56 AM »

Just don't go posting the number here. We don't need easier access to that than there already is. slywink

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Aliasbuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 09, 2004, 04:33:14 AM »

Hmm - new place, old tradition - where's the pics of msduncan's wife that were promised eh?  :wink:
Enough
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 09, 2004, 04:36:12 AM »

Quote from: "msduncan"
I know this idea was posted by the idiot Kahless...but Rich's home phone number IS listed in his WHOIS listing.  Anyone want to give him a call?
It would be nice if Bill Harris or someone like that could do it.  I know I also have been worrying about Rich, I hope he is okay.  I still miss his Roll Calls, sigh.    :cry:

DPW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 09, 2004, 04:36:58 AM »

So is this the most viewed topic on CG ever?
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 09, 2004, 04:38:28 AM »

this is the 339th post. this thread just passed Movie Quote Game which had 332. I don't know if that was the all-time highest though.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 09, 2004, 04:39:48 AM »

Wifey is in bed sleeping.  Guess watching the debates put her right out.

I'm upset.  After Bush's pathetic performance tonight, it's definitely four years of that lying puke from Massachusetts. frown.

What debate were you watching? I though he did really good and I can't stand the guy. smile
DPW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 09, 2004, 04:40:36 AM »

Quote from: "Jeff Jones"
this is the 339th post. this thread just passed Movie Quote Game which had 332. I don't know if that was the all-time highest though.

You're living in the past baby.

On the topic list you can see # of views along with # of posts.

This thread has 5000+ views.
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 09, 2004, 04:44:17 AM »

Holy crap!  It's great to see everyone.  Man, I posted a reply back on page one or two earlier today and now we just hit page 12!

I do have to say I will miss gone gold but it's really just been a shell of itself for seems like forever now.

I remember the first time I read about gonegold.com in PCGamer years ago when they were listing the release schedule.  The day I checked it out contained a classic Rich post about his life as a cop.  I was hooked.

I started on Roll Calls and then moved on to the forums.  I was in the early GG Madden League and I think that is where I first met Graham that is apart of Console Gold.  After Roll Call's came Bill and I loved his writing as well and still check his site daily.

I received countless help with weekly specials and hardware help.  Gonegold community turned me on to newegg.com!

If gonegold.com is done the best I can say is Cheers! and look forward to making this my new home.

Regards,
Pig
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 09, 2004, 04:58:23 AM »

Quote from: "Lee"
Wifey is in bed sleeping.  Guess watching the debates put her right out.

I'm upset.  After Bush's pathetic performance tonight, it's definitely four years of that lying puke from Massachusetts. frown.

What debate were you watching? I though he did really good and I can't stand the guy. smile

*warning!* *warning!*  Politics alert!  slywink
Wolfsix
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 09, 2004, 05:02:05 AM »

It's nice to find a safe harbor -- it was a really long day at work with no Gone  Gold. Thanks for firing up the lighthouse beacon for us.

Have you forgotten? -- Darryl Worley
Pi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 09, 2004, 05:19:15 AM »

I too am a long time reader of Gone Gold.  Didn't post much, but it was my one stop shopping for the talk of the day.  If it is indeed gone, it is a loss to the Internet of the Civil.

So, is there such a thing as the Console Gold Forum Effect?
Ramoz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 09, 2004, 05:24:09 AM »

Quote from: "Gratch"

I'm sure everyone's already done this, but if you have any GG'ers e-mail addys that you haven't seen here you may want to give them a heads up.  T'would be nice to keep all (well, most) of the GG crowd together.

Good idea.  I fired one off to Asharak.  If anyone has any people who gave you gmail accounts that aren't here, their address should be in your gmail contacts.  Give them a heads up.

edit: and probably vice versa. Those that gave accounts probably have the contact info as well.
Quipp
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 09, 2004, 05:24:10 AM »

12+ pages and no pictures of Elisha, Kiera,or Scarlett?

My God people, we are better than this...

smile
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 09, 2004, 05:25:02 AM »

Quote from: "Quipp"

smile

slywink

http://www.consolegold.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1164
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: October 09, 2004, 05:31:47 AM »

On the political thing....I don't mind political threads.  That said, some of the stuff that people call 'political' would pass as hate speech.  We are in hurry up and wait mode right now, lets tackle whats on the table and worry about political threads and forums later.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Quipp
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 09, 2004, 05:36:07 AM »

Quote from: "Zaxxon"
Quote from: "Quipp"

smile

slywink

http://www.consolegold.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1164

[slowly wipes tears from eyes]

I'm so proud of you guys.
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: October 09, 2004, 05:41:15 AM »

Just my not-so-humble-opinion, but the folks who have been here for a while have the place all set up the way they like it, with the couch cushions broken in just right and the radio set to all the stations they like.  Why show up and talk about how it should be changed to be the way n00bs like it?  Don't be an in-law! Tongue

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Phydeaux
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 09, 2004, 05:47:41 AM »

I emailed Bill Harris, and he hasn't heard anything, either. He's got no idea why GG would be gone, since the ads were creating revenue and the place basically ran itself.

One thing he did suggest was that Rich might be joining a network as an affiliate, but I think that was a shot in the dark.

Curiouser and Curiouser.
archipelago
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 09, 2004, 05:48:06 AM »

Quote from: "Mr. Fed"
Just my not-so-humble-opinion, but the folks who have been here for a while have the place all set up the way they like it, with the couch cushions broken in just right and the radio set to all the stations they like.  Why show up and talk about how it should be changed to be the way n00bs like it?  Don't be an in-law! Tongue

My exact point of view, crystalized perfectly by the lovely and talented Mr. Fed.

I'm just pleased as punch that there's somewhere for me to turn to for my friendly forum fix in all this confusion!

the artist previously known as Adumir
STILL resident Kielslowski and Jennifer Jason Leigh obsessive
"Obviously, I need more Merlot..."
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 09, 2004, 05:50:54 AM »

Quote from: "Mr. Fed"

Not sure if you're referring to my post or not, but ... I hope I didn't come across as saying what should be changed.  I was just wondering if this would be the best fit (it may well be) for the whole of the GG crowd. And letting people know that there's an option of fully compatible forum, just waiting to be made.

In no way do i mean to suggest that CG should change it's core beliefs.
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 09, 2004, 05:53:17 AM »

Can't one of the PTB just make a phone call. Obviously not, or it would have already been done.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: October 09, 2004, 05:53:21 AM »

Ebonstone, why did you have crawl from under your rock to find this place?

Please go away.
Crawl out from under my rock?  I've been on GG since I was first (and secondly) banned.  In fact, before this cataclysm, I'd just gotten banned again.

In short, you've been living with me all this time and it didn't hurt you a bit.  But I understand how cool it feels to join the witch hunt, so I'll just give you an awkward smile while backing away slowly...

Quote from: "pr0ner"

Don't you think Ebonstone should be banned just for his .sig?  Pretty classless, if you ask me.

Mike

You wouldn't happen to be ExecutionerFive on QT3, would you?  Because that's a very ExecutionerFive like thing to say.  Of course, you haven't offered a bounty for my banning yet, so you might not be him.

Oh, and I'm sorry my ".sig" is tasteless.  I know it's bad to flaunt the fact I got a copy of Katamari Damacy, but I couldn't resist.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 09, 2004, 05:54:18 AM »

Does anyone know what I should choose for a time zone here. I'm US EDT, and have no clue what all these GMT settings are.
Juntei
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 09, 2004, 05:55:05 AM »

Ramoz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 09, 2004, 05:57:21 AM »

Quote from: "Jeff Jones"
Does anyone know what I should choose for a time zone here. I'm US EDT, and have no clue what all these GMT settings are.

It doesn't seem to take dst into account, so try -4 GMT.  When it heads back to standard, -5.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: