http://gamingtrend.com
October 26, 2014, 07:46:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else having problems with Gone Gold? (Pt. 2)  (Read 37834 times)
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2004, 02:58:40 PM »

I have room and bandwidth available on my hosting server. I'm hoping Stephen has the necessary authority to get the data from ev1 and move it over.

I doubt this could happen until the 15th given his other obligations.
The Mad Hatter
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2004, 03:03:00 PM »

Quote from: "Geezer"
wow -- everyone is still here and the party is growing...

Therefore, if GG is not resolved by monday, I'll begin putting up a specifically R&P forum using some of my bandwidth.. Maybe I can get the GG R&P archives or something, or maybe the CG staff would link it in.. Who knows..

Geezer - if you need any help getting that up and running let me know, you can email me at [email protected] .
gorky1
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2004, 03:04:56 PM »

Hi all!

Another regugee here that took three days of homelessness to find these fora. Now I feel all warm inside.  biggrin
kathode
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2004, 03:07:54 PM »

Bah, this really sucks.  I hope they get the site back online soon.  I really start getting the shakes at work when I can't surf EbG instead of doing my actual job.  And I need more blind date advice! smile
SirReal
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2004, 03:25:04 PM »

Quote from: "Rip"
I have room and bandwidth available on my hosting server. I'm hoping Stephen has the necessary authority to get the data from ev1 and move it over.

I doubt this could happen until the 15th given his other obligations.

Rip, wasn't there at least a partial backup made of the GG content sometime back? Or did that ever make it past discussion?
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2004, 03:27:12 PM »

Quote from: "kathode"
Bah, this really sucks.  I hope they get the site back online soon.  I really start getting the shakes at work when I can't surf EbG instead of doing my actual job.  And I need more blind date advice! smile

Whatever happened with that girl that you were supposed to go to the concert with, did you two hook up at another time?

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2004, 03:27:25 PM »

errr.. I don't like this...

I have Rich's phone number. Now I haven't called him in 3+ years so he may of had it change and I've called someone else.. However, I decided to give it a call this morning. A woman's voice answered the phone. I said hello and asked if Rich was available to talk. "**click**" I was hung up on.

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2004, 03:32:34 PM »

WBS, I'm really happy to see that you'd ban DS on sight. His comments in the Avault thread are hardly surprising. He's got a 10+ year history of being an  complete asshole to everyone, including people that buy his "games".

Unfortunately, he carries special abilities, such as "Immunity to Public Scorn". He, the most Nazi-like moderator on the entire planet calls the GG mods incompetant? What a joke.  This from a clown who bans people for fucking disagreeing with him.

Derek is an utter narcissist, in every sense of the word. Look at this definition of narcissism, and tell me he's not a perfect fit:

Narcissistic Personality Disorder
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

# has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
# is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
# believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
# requires excessive admiration
# has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
# is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
# lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
# is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
# shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

He's got nothing, if not a history of being banned everywhere he goes. The common factor in all those is himself, but goes about blaming everyone BUT himself for his behaviour.

To all the GG mods, I know you'd never take DS seriously (no one does, except Derek himself).  I say thank you for all you did over the years. I think you did a great job.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2004, 03:34:06 PM »

Quote from: "Rob_Merritt"
errr.. I don't like this...

I have Rich's phone number. Now I haven't called him in 3+ years so he may of had it change and I've called someone else.. However, I decided to give it a call this morning. A woman's voice answered the phone. I said hello and asked if Rich was available to talk. "**click**" I was hung up on.

Rob, I think Rich has moved in the last 3 years. My guess is that you called his old number, and you're not the first one to do so, and they may just be tired of taking calls. At least that's what I hope it is.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2004, 03:35:56 PM »

Quote from: "Sam Hell"
Off topic a bit- DS is a freakin' twit. I refrained from stating my opinion over at GG, but after reading that post of his, I cannot resist. Sorry.
You were wise to refrain from saying that on GG--chances are you would have gotten banned.

I absolutely adore Derek's ban email, especially the part where "Imlawboy" admits the entire staff had been pandering to Derek for years now.  None of the moderators would ever publically admit they unfairly defended Derek, but it was painfully obvious.  It made for some bad tension.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2004, 03:41:44 PM »

But SOMEONE, and it's not me, registered under my user name from Gone Gold and has been posting in this thread, and the other 'what has happened' thread.

I'm the real msduncan.... and I'm afraid that the other msduncan (who now has 6 posts) is going to start trying to piss people off here on purpose to make me look bad.

Is there something I can do about this?
Rubyeye
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2004, 03:43:43 PM »

Might as well ban Lord Ebonstone for obvious reasons.

omgz
derek_hutch
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2004, 03:45:45 PM »

I've actually been a member here since this forum started, and all you newbies already have more posts than me.  frown
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2004, 03:48:02 PM »

After reading that avault post from DS, I have to say that i'm a bit disappointed in his attitude shown there.

On the other hand, the flamers/trollers/baiters that always showed up in his threads were nauseating, and totally unnecesary.

Which makes them no better than him IMO

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2004, 03:48:55 PM »

Quote from: "msduncan2003"
But SOMEONE, and it's not me, registered under my user name from Gone Gold and has been posting in this thread, and the other 'what has happened' thread.

I'm the real msduncan.... and I'm afraid that the other msduncan (who now has 6 posts) is going to start trying to piss people off here on purpose to make me look bad.

Is there something I can do about this?

I have exchanged emails with msduncan since about March of 2004.  The things he said in the emails coincided with the things he said on GG.  We've exchanged emails yesterday and today, and he confirmed to me from the same email address (that is, the same one he's always posted from) that the msduncan who registered here is not him.

Unless he's gone all nutty -- OK, nuttier -- it looks to me as if the msduncan here is an imposter.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Smoove_B
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2004, 03:50:26 PM »

Oh yeah - like we're supposed to believe THE Mr. Fed?

Please. Everyone knows that Mr. Fed is really Ajaarg.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2004, 03:54:30 PM »

No..that *IS* Mr. Fed.   He left to form the blog PopeHat after the forum split controversy months ago.

I'm sure a regular here that also exchanges emails with us on a regular basis can double confirm for both of us.
Smoove_B
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2004, 03:55:47 PM »

So we have two imposters confirming each other's status.

How interesting.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2004, 03:55:59 PM »

Is Chris Grenard here?

He can confirm that I'm who I say I am.   Back in the spring him and his family came to Savannah and we met up.   I can confirm details of our meeting if that will help.
Smoove_B
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2004, 03:57:26 PM »

You do realize I am just busting chops here.

It will all be figured out. And those responsible will be forced to watch Tyne Daly movies.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2004, 04:00:26 PM »

Yeah I know.   But your tongue and cheek questions made me realize that you are correct!   Someone that has a history of posting here, but is also on our email list or the blog needs to confirm for everyone to be sure!  smile
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2004, 04:10:39 PM »

Ye Olde Farte
The Meal
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2004, 04:11:31 PM »

msd, it was obvious that someone has "cybersquatted" a few old IDs in this (and the previous) thread.  Not to worry, your true colors will shine through just fine.

I actually called out the poster who was doing this in the previous (13-page) thread.  The staff of the GG forums was never hell-bent towards tipping the cards regarding everything we knew about certain posters.

That said, I wish it meant that we knew something more about Gone Gold than the current status we're giving.  I can *guess* at a couple of the things Andy's alluding to, but I really can't guess at any reason for holding optimism.  I trust Hrothgar's legwork 100%.

Regarding alt-logins, I think folks would be wise to question the connection between anyone's CG-GG names for folks who didn't sign on until 9 October.  Put your critical thinking caps on and make a wise guess as to how folks would react to GG (apparently) closing their doors.  And recognize that the particular poster who's signing on with other names *loves* to hold conversations with himself (using his different names).

~The Meal
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2004, 04:11:46 PM »

Quote from: "dbt1949"

Real old.
Quipp
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2004, 04:24:56 PM »

Quote from: "Jeff Jones"
Quote from: "dbt1949"

Real old.

But he gets better with age, kinda like cheese.

No wait--wine--I mean wine.

But a wine that smells like cheese.

Ah, forget it...  

:wink:
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2004, 04:25:29 PM »

hey guys...just checking into what looks like our temporary (hopefully) refuge.  not sure i'd have thought about coming over here if it weren't for zaxxon...thanks zax!

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2004, 04:29:58 PM »

I assure I am the real Charlatan.

Wrap your mind around that statement!  Tongue

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
?
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2004, 04:33:17 PM »

Quote from: "Andy"
Quote from: "Poleaxe"
Would either of these two reasons have required the plug to be pulled with no advance warning?

they wouldn't require it (or justify it IMHO), but they might explain it.

More importantly what response would either explanation give?

A) There was much rejoicing and dancing in the streets

B) The silence was deafening

C) There was sadness across the land

PS. Thanks Meal

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2004, 04:34:39 PM »

Merritt,  I found what I think is Rich's phone number.  Did the number you have end in "03"?

I've talked to him on the phone too, but it's been several years.

PS - where the hell is morton? somebody get his butt over here.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2004, 04:34:47 PM »

msduncan is his regular self under his usual username now.  I changed the username of the other person who was "cybersquatting".

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Andy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2004, 04:37:39 PM »

Quote from: "Hrothgar"
Quote from: "Andy"
Quote from: "Poleaxe"
Would either of these two reasons have required the plug to be pulled with no advance warning?

they wouldn't require it (or justify it IMHO), but they might explain it.

More importantly what response would either explanation give?

A) There was much rejoicing and dancing in the streets

B) The silence was deafening

C) There was sadness across the land

PS. Thanks Meal

the more likely one is a probable A, but I fear the other is a C.
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2004, 04:39:58 PM »

Quote from: "disarm"
hey guys...just checking into what looks like our temporary (hopefully) refuge.  not sure i'd have thought about coming over here if it weren't for zaxxon...thanks zax!

No prob, bob.  How's your Trek been?

Excellent mod work, AgtFox!
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2004, 04:48:15 PM »

Quote from: "Zekester"
Whatever happened with that girl that you were supposed to go to the concert with, did you two hook up at another time?
Don't want to turn this into my thread, but the basic story is just that she told me in two seperate emails that we need to get together sometime.  That was on Thursday and haven't heard back from her.  I emailed her today and told her about the concert and said "Hope to hear from you soon!"  

I figure if I hear nothing more by Monday evening or so that I'll drop her one last line and basically forget it.  I suppose I am just anxious because coming so soon from an LTR, I expect these things to go a lot faster than they usually do smile  Ah well, that's women for you.  I hope you worked out your own dating situation favorably, as well.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2004, 04:54:52 PM »

Cool!  I'm back!

Thanks Andy!

Any idea who that other person was?  Bah!  Doesn't matter... no need to call someone out in public.
noun
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2004, 05:02:16 PM »

One thing I learned from all this: I didn't realize how many other boards were already created by other forum members.  And some of them are pretty creative.  This just may end up being a good thing.
Falcon554
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2004, 05:02:16 PM »

I assure I am the real Charlatan.

I know Charlatan, I am a friend of Charlatans, you are no Charlatan!! Tongue

Scott
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2004, 05:05:59 PM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
msduncan is his regular self under his usual username now.  I changed the username of the other person who was "cybersquatting".

Did you change it to "Banned"? biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2004, 05:50:18 PM »

I can't get the Tom Petty song 'Refugee' out of my head. But a big thanks to the console guys for letting us squat for awhile. I take back most of the things i've said about consoles (I keed). We'll try not to pillage your women and rape your cattle during our stay.

BTW, anyone else have a really productive day at work yesterday with no GG??
HarveyB
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2004, 05:50:31 PM »

I AM MSDUNCAN!......oops.....I mean I AM SPARTACUS!

Oh, hell, I don't know who I am.

The Artist Formerly Known as TGB
GuidoTKP
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2004, 05:51:47 PM »

Quote from: "RunningMn9"
Quote from: "Geezer"
I dunno about some of the old GG R&P'ers, but I'd love rto discuss the dabate and other things of consequence.

If you want, the folks over at PopeHat probably wouldn't mind you discussing whatever you like there.  I understand CG wanting to keep R&P out of here, that's cool.  But PopeHat can accomodate.  And you can read 800 posts a day from TheNatureBoy (ezra) on whatever flits through his mind on any given day.

Currently it's a blog site for Mr.Fed and TheNatureBoy - and ALLEGEDLY for GuidoTKP, Smoove_B and myself (although we haven't located the "Post" button in a while smile).  But they're good people and could use some company.

Dude, I'm smoking you on post count at Popehat.  If posting volume were rated on a curve, I'd definitely have a C.  So don't lump me in with your deadbeat ass ....  :p
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: