http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 05:24:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else hate work?  (Read 1363 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2006, 09:53:20 PM »

I'm talking about Peter in Office Space type of hating work. If that were real life that'd be me.

I sware I could be leaning back in a chair all day doing nothing except maybe answering an occassional phone call and I'd still hate it.
Right now I work at a pysch hospital that's easy as hell, so easy that I hate it!
Then I've worked at places where you really work hard, and I hated that too.
Now I'm due at work at 7pm and I'm thinking to myself "Damn, I hate work.."

I could enjoy my life just playing video games and ordering pizza.
No matter where I work (and I've been around) I just don't like work, especially around the 2 hours before you need to show up and miss out on whatever you were doing.
But it's gotta be done because bills need to be paid..

Just wondering, anyone else out there think the same way? I know a lot of people don't care for work, but I'm talking about as extreme as you get, into actually hating it!

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Blonco
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »

I am in the same boat as you.  Whether I bust my ass at work or just play on the internet all day appearing to be busy, I hate the place. I actually hope and pray every night that the place burns down or blows up.  Hopefully it takes our worthless night shift with it.

You're going to hell with gasoline pants on!
Sam Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 10:22:51 PM »

I hate my job with every fiber of my being.
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 11:21:40 PM »

No.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to not HAVE to work. But overall I get a lot of satisfaction out of doing a great job.

LiveTAG: happydog
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 12:20:04 AM »

Meh, I like my job, its tough as hell, but I enjoy the money. And its good physcial activity.

Plus when I do have to go to work its only for about 4 hours max.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 02:51:32 AM »

I absolutely hate certain aspects of my job.  The politics around this place make me absolutely ill.  No communications between departments.  Its just frustrating...

*preps to set the building on fire*

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
DCW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 02:53:50 AM »

I love my work, but hate my job. I don't know if that makes sense, but when I'm actually doing my job and things are clicking, I'm actually happy. But, there are so many details that surround the actual work that suck, that it wouldn't break my heart to never set foot in the place again. I've never seen a bigger jackass than my "boss". Clueless doesn't begin to cover it.

Example: customer signs off on a job. Everything's perfect. Customer is raving and pleased as hell. Boss sees something she doesn't like and demands it be changed. This is on something the customer's signed off on, but still Boss demands it be changed and worse, she demands the Customer pays for it! How fucking stupid can you be? She's constantly cooking the books, and has of late made a habit of letting some highly talented developers go, even though she's going to have to turn around and re-hire them or their equivalents next month when projects are ready to go into development.

It's no wonder the auto industry in the U.S. is going the way of the dinosaur when you have fucking idiots like this managing things.  :x
unbreakable
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 03:20:40 AM »

I love life, the world, and everything!

depward

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 04:11:51 AM »

That there's a basket full of kittens!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 04:34:27 AM »

Quote from: "DCW"
I love my work, but hate my job. I don't know if that makes sense, but when I'm actually doing my job and things are clicking, I'm actually happy. But, there are so many details that surround the actual work that suck, that it wouldn't break my heart to never set foot in the place again. I've never seen a bigger jackass than my "boss". Clueless doesn't begin to cover it.

Example: customer signs off on a job. Everything's perfect. Customer is raving and pleased as hell. Boss sees something she doesn't like and demands it be changed. This is on something the customer's signed off on, but still Boss demands it be changed and worse, she demands the Customer pays for it! How fucking stupid can you be? She's constantly cooking the books, and has of late made a habit of letting some highly talented developers go, even though she's going to have to turn around and re-hire them or their equivalents next month when projects are ready to go into development.

It's no wonder the auto industry in the U.S. is going the way of the dinosaur when you have fucking idiots like this managing things.  :x

Wow, you work for my boss too? How is it that people like this are the ones running things? I do not get it. Maybe I'm too smart to run my own company because idiots like this do just fine while I toil away wanting to just burn it all to the ground. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 09:13:22 AM »

I don't hate my job, but it's pretty boring.  If you've seen Office Space, you've seen my job.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
DCW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 04:06:08 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"

Wow, you work for my boss too? How is it that people like this are the ones running things? I do not get it. Maybe I'm too smart to run my own company because idiots like this do just fine while I toil away wanting to just burn it all to the ground. smile[/quote]

My guess is that I've fervently resisted going down the management path my entire career. Yep I guess I'm limiting myself in some ways, but I'd rather do the work than tell other people how they should be doing it. Somehow I guess my thinking on how things should run are skewed away from how things are run.

I hope I never get to rise to my level of incompetence smile
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 05:00:42 PM »

I'm working noon to 10:30 4 days a week for the last 8 months..and I've decided.  I enjoy work more when I just get up, go to work, and get home (when the day feels like it's really starting)  I'm going to see if I can find some department at my work that will offer a early shift or i'll look some place else.  

So sadly, I'm in the "I hate work" boat as well.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
warning

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 06:39:31 PM »

This is my 7th day in a row.  Right now I hate work but usually I like it.

This week I feel I could easily come unglued.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 06:50:23 PM »

I hate my job.  Overnight CSM at a Wal-Mart.  Getting paid less than $9 an hour.  -.-

Tired of working nights.  Tired of working retail.  Tired.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 07:19:43 PM »

I used to work Walmart over night stocking making a whopping $6.50 an hour. Hated that too.

If you've seen Office Space, you've seen my job.

Of course, excellent movie! Except Peter hated his job..

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 08:05:24 PM »

I used to live the office space life - hating every waking second that I had to spend at work.

But took a new job in September as a Programmer for a small title company and love it.  Best job move I've ever made.

I got to pick the language that I code in, most of my job is designed around creating applications to save the company money or make peoples jobs easier, they pay me pretty good, gave me my own office, no stupid weekly meetings or status reports, I can wear t-shirts and jeans to work everyday, etc, etc, etc.  

I could go on but i don't want everybody to hate me.

Oh one final tidbit - probably 80 - 90% of my co-workers are all female (most younger than me) and i've been told by several that I'm the best looking guy here. So Ego-boosts all around here.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 09:25:58 PM »

I felt that way until today.  And then I got let go.

fuck.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
warning

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 09:47:14 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"

fuck.

Well shit CK.  Hate to hear that.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 09:51:38 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"

Shit man, sorry. What kind of work are you looking for?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2006, 01:41:16 AM »

Thanks guys.  Right now I'm hoping the temp firm i've been on assignment for the last 2 years can find me something decent that'll get me enough money to make it through the next 8 months and help me get out of Baltimore.  I put in for unemployment, but I've never had to do it so god knows if I did it correctly.

I wouldn't mind finding a job like working a help desk, but unless it's entry level I'm probably out of luck.  I was working in data security, but alot of the stuff was proprietary to the company.  Beyond a smattering of RapidSQl and UNIX I'm walking away with alot of basic XP experience.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: