http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 03:51:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody got The Godfather Trilogy on BR?  (Read 608 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:37:09 PM »

I am thinking of getting the Godfather Trilogy on BR,even though i have the box set on DVD...it's just one of those series of films that deserves the best IMO,i don't want to replace all my DVDs,just the classics so to speak

However,i have been hearing different(god awful) things about it

-One thing is that the films in the UK have all be re-classified as 15 certificates instead of 18 certificates,while i have been told no cuts were made to the films it's just been lowered to coincide with today's ratings system,it does still reek of Avenger's Assemble Censored scene to make certificate 12
(I guess most of you can't help me out with that one)

-Another thing i have been hearing about is ..again strange and i can't really say i believe it,that for the new BR box set Coppola re-edited the three films so that they showed in chronological order,as in starts with young kid coming to America,then young man(Robert DeNiro),then as an older man Marlon Brando and then goes on from there,with Michael and the rest of the family

That sounds fucking terrible,and i really would like it as it was originally(Brando scenes in Godfather 1,DeNiro scenes in Godfather 2 etc)

so,anybody with the BR can you confirm that?....if it is i will stick with my DVD versions

ta

Set i have(although unfortunately i bought mine second hand and its battered to hell)-all cardboard

set i want(I still don't like the BR cases)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:37:58 PM »

Trilogy?  They made a third one?   icon_confused

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 10:21:14 PM »

aww,shit,i haven't started another of those discussions have I?..I liked it Tongue

I just saw this on Amazon,to be released 12th November,same release as above,but with er..more stuff and extra external packaging
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Godfather-Anniversary-Collection-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B00979K9Z6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351894565&sr=8-1

The Godfather 40th Anniversary Blu Ray Collection

This collection includes all three films on Blu-ray--The Godfather, The Godfather Part II  and The Godfather Part III. Also included are

The Final Shooting Script for The Godfather
10 All-New Collectible Photo Cards,
Corleone Family-Tree Poster
Over Four Hours of Bonus Material.

Looks nice,Not really worth the extra 65 TBH

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 10:50:30 PM »

I have no idea where you heard those rumors, but they have nothing to do with reality. I have the Godfather trilogy Blu-ray set from the first post, and it's exactly what you'd expect it to be. No funny business. Trust me, if someone messed with the Godfather movies in the slightest, the Internet would be in an uproar. It would be impossible to miss.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 11:29:19 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 02, 2012, 10:50:30 PM

I have no idea where you heard those rumors, but they have nothing to do with reality. I have the Godfather trilogy Blu-ray set from the first post, and it's exactly what you'd expect it to be. No funny business. Trust me, if someone messed with the Godfather movies in the slightest, the Internet would be in an uproar. It would be impossible to miss.

I first heard it a year or two ago(not sure where or if it was about this box set,maybe the mini-series it mentioned),and then the product details i read today in the Amazon description says this:(which brought the first memory back)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Godfather-Coppola-Restoration-Blu-ray/dp/B001E25MBK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1351898693&sr=8-3
Product Description
A special box set of all three Godfather films, 'The Godfather', 'The Godfather, Part II' and 'The Godfather, Part III', edited together in chronological order, tracing the legacy of the Corleone family. It starts with Don Corleone as a young man in Sicily (played by Robert De Niro from the flashback scenes in 'The Godfather, Part II') and moves to the last years of his time in charge of the family (as played by Marlon Brando from the first part of the trilogy). The story unfolds in a fight for control of the illegal trades in New York with young Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) taking charge of the family and guiding them through a bloody era. It ends with the family trying to go legitimate in the 1980s, with Michael seeking an heir apparent to his empire, the heir being the hothead nephew Vincent (Andy Garcia). Francis Ford Coppola worked closely on the re-editing of his masterpiece which was originally commissioned as a mini-series for television.

I have read it and re-read it half a dozen times now,thinking or hoping i have mis-read

But,if you have that box set and there is no messing about then i am happy with that,thanks TiLT
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 11:30:51 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 11:49:09 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 02, 2012, 10:50:30 PM

I do remember some hullabaloo about them brightening I & II for the blu ray release, but other than that everything was the same.

[edit] now there was The Godfather Saga, which was where they put everything into chronological order with additional scenes, but I don't think they've ever released that on blu.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 11:52:29 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: