http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 02:52:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any interest for a Chicago-area get together May 31?  (Read 602 times)
Graham
Managing Editor
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 13, 2008, 09:05:09 PM »

I posted this in the General Gaming area, but some people suggested I put it in here, so that's what I'm doing.

My wife is going to be out of town the weekend of May 30-June1, so I have the go-ahead to get people together for a gaming weekend.  As some of you know, I'm in Wheaton, and I have a big enough house that we could probably have two board games going, as well as some console games going (modern and old-school).

Would people want to get together the afternoon of May 31?  I know it's about four weeks away, but I figured that the earlier we can get this planned and organized, the better it can be.

Any thoughts?

If nothing else, it'd be great if we could even get people together to play a game of StarCraft: TBG.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 09:12:53 PM »

I'll probably be in New Orleans for a client site job, but if they reschedule I'll let you know...

...of course, this is assuming that my general demeanor around these parts hasn't caused you to already seek a restraining order.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:47:56 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 09:13:59 PM »

Perhaps... I can't remember if that's the day I'm all booked up or not.
It's amazing how little I can do with my life, but the few times anyone schedules something, everybody else chooses that same day.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 09:26:32 PM »

31st is a birthday party until about 2:30 pm.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 09:41:30 PM »

I'm fine with people coming in and out without any problem.  I know that hentzau had some success with getting people together a month or two ago, so hopefully more people will say something.  Maybe it's too early for people to make plans?

stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 03:43:18 PM »

If anything comes of this, I think I can make the long, daunting trek from Lisle to Wheaton on that day for some gaming for awhile.

I know alot of Chicago boarders are city dwellers, so making the trip all the way out to the Western burbs may be hard for them.

There is the Metra, and if it is convenient, there is a station in Lisle for the BNSF line or Wheaton for the UP-W that I can pick up people up from on the way.
I'll even get you back there.

Either way, if it looks like this will happen, you can count me in.

Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 05:57:22 PM »

Quote from: stimpy on May 15, 2008, 03:43:18 PM

If anything comes of this, I think I can make the long, daunting trek from Lisle to Wheaton on that day for some gaming for awhile.

I know alot of Chicago boarders are city dwellers, so making the trip all the way out to the Western burbs may be hard for them.

There is the Metra, and if it is convenient, there is a station in Lisle for the BNSF line or Wheaton for the UP-W that I can pick up people up from on the way.
I'll even get you back there.

Either way, if it looks like this will happen, you can count me in.

Well, I have a car, so it's a little easier for me to get to and from places.  Usually traffic on Saturdays isn't too bad, but I know it can be a pain.  I would be willing to pick up people from the Wheaton, College Ave., or Glen Ellyn Metra stops, as I'm less than 5 minutes from those, although College Ave. would be ideal.  If someone wanted to get a place in the city with parking, that'd be fine with me and I'd bring as much stuff as I could.

If anyone else has suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

chaosraven
Gaming Trend Reader

Freakin' Puppets

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 07:42:07 PM »

The one night I have plans...

*sigh*

I had a blast at the OO Chicago Gaming in April and would love to do another.

Spawn of OO Collective
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 07:49:43 PM »

I was in Chicago Monday and Tuesday this week. I experienced my first Pizza Pot Pie. It was very good.

The Pizza Pot Pie is an individual serving, "made from scratch" with triple-raised Sicilian bread-type dough; a homemade sauce consisting of olive oil, fresh garlic, onions, green peppers, whole plum tomatoes and a special blend of cheeses; sausage made from prime Boston butts; and doorknob-size, whole, fresh mushrooms.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: