http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 04:19:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any GT'ers Here Familiar with White Plains NY?  (Read 575 times)
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2007, 02:28:30 PM »

I'm currently away on business in White Plains NY and I was just wondering if any fellow GT'ers know the area well. I'm specifically looking for a location where I can pickup a copy of LoZ: Phantom Hourglass. Local Toys r Us and EB's were sold out as of yesterday, so I'm hoping someone here might know of another good store location.

I could always head into the big apple, but it's a bit of a commute and I'm also not familiar with the transit system and don't know of good store locations in NY city either.
unbreakable
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 04:37:11 PM »

The only good thing aobut White Plains is you can be in Grand Central Station after a 15 min train ride.  I was there for a little few days last year (White Plains, I mean- I was only in GCS for a few minutes.  Really.), there isn't much to do.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 04:48:34 PM »

My dad used to work in White Plains - there is a White Plains Galleria that I would assume has a GameStop or something.

edit - yes, there is a GameStop there.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 06:07:18 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on October 03, 2007, 04:37:11 PM

The only good thing aobut White Plains is you can be in Grand Central Station after a 15 min train ride.

Yeah I was thinking it might just come down to catching the train into NY city and looking for stores around Times Square. Hey come to think of it, doesn't Big N have a store there?

Quote from: Teggy on October 03, 2007, 04:48:34 PM

My dad used to work in White Plains - there is a White Plains Galleria that I would assume has a GameStop or something.

That's the 1 store I haven't called yet, so I'll give that a try 1st before catching the train into the city. I'd really like to go into NY, but I unfortunately have way to much work that needs to get done after standard working hours; the old burning the LCD late in the hotel room routine.  icon_frown
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 08:04:27 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on October 03, 2007, 06:07:18 PM

Quote from: unbreakable on October 03, 2007, 04:37:11 PM

The only good thing aobut White Plains is you can be in Grand Central Station after a 15 min train ride.

Yeah I was thinking it might just come down to catching the train into NY city and looking for stores around Times Square. Hey come to think of it, doesn't Big N have a store there?

I think so.  Didn't they have a big Times Square event recently?  Was it for the Zelda release?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 03:39:48 AM »

The Nintendo store is on the outskirts of Rockefeller Center.  Pretty neat place for a quick visit. When I was there they had a display of what seemed like every possible variation of the GBA for all over the world.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 04:03:20 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on October 04, 2007, 03:39:48 AM

The Nintendo store is on the outskirts of Rockefeller Center.  Pretty neat place for a quick visit. When I was there they had a display of what seemed like every possible variation of the GBA for all over the world.

Well it's looks like I'm taking the train in after work today, so I'll be checking out Mario Mecca -aka Nintendo World Store- at Rockefella Plaza. smile Of course after I buy all those franchise stuffies for my kids, my game budget is going to be shot for the rest of October.  Roll Eyes Oh well....at least it's a once in a blue moon kind of thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: