http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 06:10:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another post-partum tragedy  (Read 1936 times)
Jancelot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2004, 03:21:42 PM »

horrific

Plano is all of 1 minute away from me here in Addison.  I just can't fathom how something like this happens.  As far as we've come there's so little we know about the human brain.  sigh.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 03:47:12 PM »

I can't even imagine this happening.  And I truly feel for the husband who has two girls to raise, a baby to bury and a wife who is apparently insane.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 03:57:02 PM »

It makes you wonder why people are against forced sterialization.

Ye Olde Farte
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 05:34:28 PM »

I'm sorry, but to just dismiss this as post partum depression is ridiculous.  I'm not saying that she didn't have it, but she obviously had other more serious mental problems.  Post Partum may have catalyzed it, but it doesn't explain away insanity of that level.

And might I add that this is REALLY fucked up.  I can't get it out of my head, it's really disturbing me

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 05:42:03 PM »

Quote from: "th'FOOL"
I'm sorry, but to just dismiss this as post partum depression is ridiculous.  I'm not saying that she didn't have it, but she obviously had other more serious mental problems.  Post Partum may have catalyzed it, but it doesn't explain away insanity of that level.

And might I add that this is REALLY fucked up.  I can't get it out of my head, it's really disturbing me

That's exactly what I thought as well.  PPD may have been one of her problems, but you have to be completely batshit insane to do something this horrific.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 05:51:11 PM »

This makes me physically ill. I can't help but think about an eye-for-an-eye punishment in this case. I know that thought is horrible, but I can't help it.

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
warning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 05:54:51 PM »

Here's what scares me:
Child-protective officials were interviewing Schlosser's daughters and would talk to the father before deciding whether to remove the girls from the home.

Is there really a question about whether they should be removed from the home?  Hello?

And I agree.  More was going on here than just post-partum depression.  If that were the case this sort of thing would be happening almost daily.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 06:28:19 PM »

Why are so many of these taking place in Texas? Is it the water or an X-Files like experiment?

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 07:11:11 PM »

This one...its very hard to read about, hear about, know about.  As a parent...hearing the details of it just goes against every single part of my consciousness.  My brain was screaming at me that it was wrong, that something was wrong.  That I was reading it wrong, or heard it wrong.

I cant imagine what the responding authorities felt at the actual scene.  I am surprised no one killed her.  Whatever punishment she gets, it wont be enough.

olaf
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 07:56:37 PM »

As the father of a 10 month old, this one really hurt bad. I can't even imagine doing this to such an innocent child. This is just so truly fucked up.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 08:18:51 PM »

Ditto.  I have a 3 month old and could not imagine having that happen to her.  How anyone can hurt their child is beyond me.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2004, 08:59:53 PM »

I saw the link for this on CNN this morning, and opted not to read it. The world is too depressing as it is.

Sad that little girl didn't get her chance at life.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2004, 09:38:53 PM »

Ugh.  That story makes me sick.   It also makes me sick how some people in this world who would make great parents can't have kids, while crazies like this lady have them only to kill them later.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2004, 11:46:36 PM »

Actually, I think an eye for an eye would be a good place to start when sentencing this nutbag.

What really kills me is that since she's obviously nuts, she's going to get treatment, and the get off.  Let's cut her arms off, put her through shock therapy, perhaps a lobotomy, and then send her on her way.

Actually, now that I think about it, that might be a good way to discourage using the insanity defense for people that clearly aren't really nuts.  You plead insanity, and you get it, then fine, have a lobotomy too.

GungHo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2004, 12:01:26 AM »

I work in the Trauma ICU at the children's hospital in Dallas.   And last night after we heard about this, we just *knew* this kid would be coming to us.  I have to admit, that as awful as it sounds, Im glad I didnt have to see her(she died before she made it down to our hospital).  I really dont think that wouldve been something I wouldve handled well.

Of course I also think it's good she's in a better place, b/c what kind of awful life would it be living w/o your arms and with the knowledge that your mother, of all ppl, made you that way?

I had one...
Rhinohelix
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2004, 12:30:00 AM »

OMG OMG OMG.  This is really horrific.  God rest the child's soul.  I can't speak the mother.  This is just the true meaning of "insane".   Wow.

Rhino

Dance with the Devil and the Devil doesn't change.  The Devil changes you.
cameltoe yumyum
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2004, 01:37:00 AM »

Horrible tragedy, no doubt.  One thing that hasn't been mentioned is this quote:

"No one answered the door Monday night at the family's apartment in suburban Dallas"

I can't believe that a reporter would have the balls to go try to get a comment from the poor father on the same day that this happened! WTF?
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2004, 02:04:52 AM »

Sometimes extended family, or friends, are around to help out and they often give statements on behalf of the families....I dunno, maybe the reporter was hoping for that?

There's not much I can say about this case.  I'm reminded of babies left to bake to death out in cars on hot days, that seems to be just as horrible a way to die, yet those parents usually claim it was an accident and never do jail time.  This parent admits to intentionally killing the kid, but is going to claim some kind of mental excuse(not accidental), which probably won't fly. Something is wrong in all this, at least in my eyes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: