http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 03:41:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Friday...  (Read 1534 times)
ElijahPrice
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2004, 05:17:20 PM »

So, just coasting along again.  Was wondering what everyone else was doing this weekend.  I think it is supposed to rain here, think I'll play some Halo 2, maybe get drawn into buying MGS3.  Other  than that I'll probably hit up the movies and see National Treasure and Finding Neverland.  How bout you guys?  Maybe we can meet up for some Live action..?
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 05:18:37 PM »

hm, im prolly gonna play half life 2 some more, go out to dinner with my wife for my birthday and go grocery shopping for thanksgiving.

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 05:31:10 PM »

I'll be at ESPN's College Gameday at Utah's Rice-Eccles Stadium around 6:30 tomorrow morning.  The broadcast goes until 10:30, head home for a short nap, then back at the stadium about 3:00 for the kickoff of the most important game in Utah football history. (For those who haven't followed it, if Utah wins we will most likely become the first non-BCS school to get invited to a BCS game).  

11-0 and the Fiesta Bowl, here we come.  GO UTES!!!

P.S.  Sorry, I'm in game mode already today.  smile

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Shifter
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 05:46:42 PM »

The only obligation I have this weekend is a wedding Sunday night.  I took Monday off so I pretty much have 3 days of nothing to do.  I'll probably play some Halo2 and Half Life 2 and maybe check out the Incredibles.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 05:51:05 PM »

Hmm only thing I have to look forward to is my D&D game on sunday. 12-8 pm of pure gaming bliss.

Ascendent
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 05:52:01 PM »

My Thanksgiving vacation starts after work today... so I'm going to begin knocking out some of these games that have been sitting on the shelf for far too long.  And I've got a home movie project I want to get done before Christmas, so I should probably plug away at that as well.
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 06:18:59 PM »

I took today off work.  So far, I have walked ~5 miles on the Prairie Path (a nature trail that runs by my building), played Going Commando for about two hours, and read some of The Scar by China Mieville (oft-mentioned author on GG, and I can see why).  I'm already chalking this up as a great day off.  (I've been hating my job more and more the last two months.  Starting to reach *Danger* levels how much I hate going in to that place.)

I plan to screw around playing games today and tomorrow, then on Sunday bake 2 batches of Oatmeal Raisin cookies (I bake one batch for work every week - this week I've already been asked for extra by a couple co-workers for Thanksgiving), and an apple pie.  It's what I do during football games - bake.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 06:30:33 PM »

Going to Tahoe for my first snowboard trip of the season...can't wait!
AJ McClain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 07:28:41 PM »

Quote from: "ElijahPrice"
How bout you guys?

Your plans sound similar to mine, Elijah, except the MGS3 part. My PS2 died some time ago and every time I go to buy another I get distracted and purchase something else. I was also looking forward to seeing Finding Neverland. I have never been disappointed with a Depp performance and the movie seems to be up my alley. I'll be on Live tonight, too. With almost 50 members in our Halo 2 clan I'm hoping there'll be at least 16 of us on so we can get a big team game going between ourselves. That would be nice.

Gamertag: Sin Mordai
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2004, 07:33:51 PM »

Thats cool McClain...

I just hope Finding Neverland and National Treasuer entertain me because I just saw Polar Express and Enduring Love, two not so great movies.  I think I might jump onsome Halo 2 tonight.  I need to relax from work today.  I look for Mihr....
Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 08:20:35 PM »

Friday = Writing my story. I had joined a contest to write 50,000 words of a story in November. Unfortunately, life interfered with my plans, but I'm still looking to break the 10K mark.

Saturday = registering at Babies R Us and going to my Mom's for a pre-Thanksgiving meal (we're heading out of town for Thanksgiving).

Sunday = watching Bears get picked apart by Peyton Manning and writing more of my story.

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
telcta
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 08:23:00 PM »

This weekend I'll try to get the rest of the leaves done before the snow sets in.  It's a beautiful 60 degree day but I think this is the last one...

I may have jury duty Monday (find out tonight) so that should be interesting for first time.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 11:27:25 PM »

It's what I do during football games - bake.

Heh, I was once involved with a girl that baked when she was sexually frustrated.
It was the funniest thing.
(don't ask why she was frustrated cause I don't want to go there)  :wink:

But i'm glad to hear that i'm not the only one staying home and playing games this weekend.

Although I may go see a band and down some beers tomorrow night.

And Sunday i'll watch the Steelers whup up on the Bungles  biggrin

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2004, 11:35:06 PM »

Going home for the weekend/week so I'll be at home...watching movies with Mom...shooting the shit with Dad...

TheMissingLink on PSN
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2004, 11:40:41 PM »

Tonight I'll be finishing up Half Life 2 and then probably replaying a few of the choicer parts.

Saturday morning I'll be installing Vampire: Bloodlines and spending the rest of the day playing that. Saturday evening I might be going over to a friend's to check out Halo 2 and to kick his ass at DOA Ultimate.

Sunday at noon I'll be running our monthly Call of Cthulhu game. After that I'll show off HL2 to my gaming group and we'll discuss our plans for the World of Warcraft launch. We might squeeze in a game or two of Munchkins or some Burnout 3 if there's time.

Can you tell I'm a gamer?  biggrin

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2004, 02:45:50 AM »

Hey Greivous, glad to see there's a few other sane people left in Chicago.  

My God, I've heard 'playoffs' mentioned twice in the last week.  How are people missing that the offense compiled a grand total of  176 yds and 3 turnovers in their last game?  The bears will probaly keep it close through their amazing D for about half a quarter, but as the O keeps giving chances back, Manning will eventually kill the tiring D.  (Of course, remember what manning has done when he faces D's that give him trouble (a la the last two Patriots games.. biggrin ))

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2004, 04:21:37 PM »

Ouch. That game was painful to watch. I'd like that think that Bears playoff talk is gone for good, but they'll probably win on Thanksgiving just to spite me.

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: