http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 01:22:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anime thread of anime  (Read 1573 times)
forgeforsaken
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2014, 04:08:46 PM »

There's a lot of anime talk in the Netflix thread, and there's quite a few shows that they don't carry so we probably should have an anime thread.

There are few avenues for anime right now
Netflix and Hulu both have decent anime selections.  If you are looking for simulcast as well as a back catalog Crunchyroll is pretty good.  Funimation is another site that runs simulcasts as well as has a back catalog.

Lately I've been watching Hunter x Hunter, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, and very recently Argevollen and Aldnoah Zero.

Hunter x Hunter is well established now and is nearing the end of its run as is at 138 episodes.  This is a Shounen like Bleach or Naruto but does subvert a lot of tropes along the way.  I definitely recommend checking it out.

Jojo's is probably best known from the fighting games, and is a fun ride.  It follows a different generation each story arc.  It gets off to a somewhat shakey start
as the first story arc is kind of ok but once we get to his grand son's story in arc 2 it really takes off and becomes a wild ride.

Argevollen is, kind of a disappointment.    Basically a cross between a super robot and a mecha anime.  The mecha are very battletech so I had high hopes but the plot hasn't really done much yet and and several small things annoy me such as there being no flying units of any kinds (not even fighter planes) but these mechs are all highly sophisticated, and it's never explained as to why.   The first episode has the good guys defending a wall and the enemy introduces their new super units that can...jump.  At least in something like Broken Blade where this is also the case it's in a world where the mechs are powered by magic and it's a lot easier to swallow.
On that note Broken Blade is worth a watch.

Lastly, Aldnoah Zero,  which is another mecha show.  This though seems to be the real deal and the first three episodes have been fantastic.  A conflict between earth and a Mars colony where the Mars colony has found ancient alien tech that far outclasses anything Earth has.  Here we have Earths heroes fighting with smart tactics to try and overcome a vastly superior Martian force.  They also make some reveals that I feel other shows would have dragged out for an entire season.  A note about this show specifically, they have already had some very important stuff happen post credits, so be sure to watch past those as they aren't just episode previews.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:15:23 PM by forgeforsaken » Logged
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 04:26:00 PM »

I'm a fan of Trigun, personally.  I'm overdue to get through Cowboy Bebop, but that requires disc rental at the moment.  And I love The Big O.  How can you not love Batman as a giant mech pilot?

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 05:46:36 PM »

Trigun and Cowboy Bebop are classics. Can't go wrong with either.

Netflix has Knights of Sidonia, which is a mecha based show. I've always been partial to mecha anime shows and it's nice to see since mecha isn't as popular these days for some reason.

There is also Attack on Titan and Kill La Kill. Both seem pretty popular although I didn't really connect with Titan. Kill La Kill is just...well let's say it's pretty over the top.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 05:49:47 PM »

Kill La Kill is my favorite anime in years.  Jimmy you should check out the three mecha animes I listed above.  Broken Blade (aka Break Blade) is more of a miniseries with 6 one hour episodes and is complete.  Aldnoah and Argevollen just got started airing a few weeks ago.

Also for Gundam style mecha there was Valvrave but it didn't quite click for me.

Oh, another decent mecha show was Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet.  I enjoyed this but it's a bit lighter on the combat and is more about the situation and world  the characters are in than mech battles.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 05:58:46 PM by forgeforsaken » Logged
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 06:02:39 PM »

I'll have to check those out. I love me some good mecha anime.  icon_cool

It's not out on any streaming service that I know of but Space Cruiser Yamato 2199 is a reboot/remake of the original Space Cruiser Yamato (aka Starblazers) TV series. The animation is superb and there is enough in the story that is different from the original that it still feels fresh.

I actually liked Kill La Kill. I went into it not knowing anything about it other than the crazy costumes that some female cosplayers were making based on the show. The series is good but holy cow it is a hyperactive, over the top crazy show.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 06:05:24 PM »

I'll be following this thread, but if you post about an anime can you at least share which service it's on.  I tend to stay away from Hulu

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 06:07:58 PM »

Trigun is (was) on Netflix streaming. The Big O and Cowboy Bebop were Netflix disc only.

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 06:08:34 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on July 22, 2014, 06:05:24 PM

I'll be following this thread, but if you post about an anime can you at least share which service it's on.  I tend to stay away from Hulu

Alndoah Zero, Hunter X Hunter, Argevollen, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Broken Blade, Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, and Valvrave are all on Crunchyroll.  They may be on other services as well.

Kill La Kill is on pretty much everything I think.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 06:10:21 PM by forgeforsaken » Logged
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 06:22:01 PM »

Kill La Kill is on Netflix and Hulu.
Attack on Titan is on Netflix, Hulu and Amazon.
Trigun is also on Netflix, Hulu and Amazon.

A couple more that I can think of:
Bubblegum Crisis on Netflix - old school 80's anime that is vaguely inspired by Blade Runner
Rurouni Kenshin on Crackle - about a samurai who protects people in need. Really well done series. Kind of odd because there is an underlying violence that is contrasted with the slightly more whimsical animation style.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 06:26:11 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on July 22, 2014, 06:22:01 PM

Bubblegum Crisis on Netflix - old school 80's anime that is vaguely inspired by Blade Runner

Is that the original series or the remake?
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 06:29:35 PM »

Whoops, it's the remake BGC 2040. Still worth seeing though.
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 08:05:58 PM »

If you love Kill a Kill, I strongly suggest Guuren Lagann.

Also if you can find it, Steins;Gate is pretty much my favorite anime.

As was said earlier Knights of Sidonia is pretty good. Very Evangelionesk without the total craziness towards the end.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:08:05 PM by SkyLander » Logged

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 03:38:00 PM »

Do yourself a favor and watch Sword Art Online, season 1. It's a great anime that explores what happens if you trap people in a VR MMO, including PK and real death situations.

Make sure you skip Season 2, although I'm not sure if it's labeled as season 2, but you'll know when it switches. Season 1 is a masterpiece, season 2 is garbage.

Sadly, it seems like Season 2 is more like the books itself, but the reason why it's so terrible is they add back in a lot of fan service and effectively kill the personalities of many characters story-wise.

Sword Art Online II, aka season 3, a new anime based on stories after season 2 just started, it's including some fan service, but seems to have toned it down. Too early to tell if they're going to botch things as badly as season 2, but I'll let you guys know.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 04:01:45 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on July 23, 2014, 03:38:00 PM

Do yourself a favor and watch Sword Art Online, season 1. It's a great anime that explores what happens if you trap people in a VR MMO, including PK and real death situations.

On that note I'd strongly recommend Log Horizon (on Crunchyroll).  It's another trapped in an MMO anime, but focuses heavily on guild politics and MMO combat roles/strategy, as well as figuring out how the rules of the game actually work now with them in it.  One thing I like quite a bit is that they don't go to the "die in the game die in real life" trope like Sword Art does.   There is definitely a death penalty though and it is a heavy one and IMO is far more interesting that that trope.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2014, 05:18:08 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on July 23, 2014, 03:38:00 PM

Make sure you skip Season 2, although I'm not sure if it's labeled as season 2, but you'll know when it switches. Season 1 is a masterpiece, season 2 is garbage.

Sadly, it seems like Season 2 is more like the books itself, but the reason why it's so terrible is they add back in a lot of fan service and effectively kill the personalities of many characters story-wise.

Sword Art Online II, aka season 3, a new anime based on stories after season 2 just started, it's including some fan service, but seems to have toned it down. Too early to tell if they're going to botch things as badly as season 2, but I'll let you guys know.

I really enjoyed SA:O  season 1, but Season 2 was okay, but couldn't hold a candle to season 1.  Glad to hear season 3 is starting to roll out

NiM$
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 06:26:17 PM »

I like a lot of the titles and recommendations given . I personally mostly only watch what's on Netflix and what's free on crunchyroll.  A good part of my viewing is re-watching my favorite series/features via my anime library which is around 200 volumes. Occasionally I view via animeget.com, which for those who aren't aware is a site with a huge selection of anime for free with the catch that they're only in Japanese with English subtitles - also has ads at the beginnning.  I mostly don't bother with that site though, because their hosting is poor and I frequently experience broken connections.

I'll 2nd Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040. I have the original BG and have to say, other than the middle 3 episodes directed by Masami Obari, 2040 is the better series. It's cyberpunk that's definitely influenced by Blade Runner, but instead of a gritty, middle-aged cop like Decker for a protagonist it has a team of young, attractive heroines decked out in cool, sexy power armor. The original is regarded as 1 of the formative animes for the whole power babes sub-genre. As well, instead of human-like replicants for enemies it has boomers which are sort of a cross between androids+robots+mini kaiju - many of them look pretty damn good. It's not for everyone, especially those who find power babes a turn off, but the characters in it are well done, with good depth to them and much of the Tokyo settings looks cool in a futuristic sort of way. To compliment the female protagonists there's also a special police agency which features a number of male characters that are in competition with the team of heroines to save the city/day. One of them (Leon) definitely seems to be inspired by Harrison Ford's Decker.

I like my mecha series too, but I have to say I'm not a big fan of Gundam. To me it's always seemed like Japan's mecha answer to Star Wars space opera and its Jedi Knights. Not to mention that the original 1979 series was IMO poor anime in just about every regard. That said, I do own and enjoy Mobile Suit Gundam the 8th MS Team and the 4 part Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket. I prefer mecha anime that are bit more earthly and less space opera. That's probably why I'm not a huge fan of Macross with its protoculture either and why I liked Macross Plus the most out of anything in that series. Its for the same reasons I liked the 2 Gundam movies I listed above - the space opera elements are much more toned down and the characters and story stand out because of it.

I don't know if any of my favorite mecha series are on any of the hosting services, but these are them.

Original Patlabor TV series and the 3 Patlabor movies (Patlabor 1 the Movie, Patlabor 2 the Movie and WXIII Patlabor). Don't bother with the Patlabor OVA - it was mediocre IMO. What I like most about the series is that it takes a blue-collar approach to the mecha genre, in that the main characters are mecha pilots employed by the Tokyo police force. As a result, there's more of a focus on character and story than super-uber-hyperdimensional-humongous mecha. The quality of the animation and sound in the movies is impressive.

Detonator Orgun is very obscure 3 part OVA anime that came out in the early 90's. Unfortunately its N.A. distributor went bust and nobody picked up the license in the fire sale, so it's hard to find. Too bad because it's 1 very cool mecha anime with good animation, good characters and a Sci-Fi story with a really nice plot twist. It has its rough edges too like some disjointed scenes, misspelled text and a few instances of minimalistic treatment to the animation. Definitely worth watching if you like the mecha genre and can find it.

RahXephon. Don't even know where to begin describing it - it's 1 weird mecha anime. Some of the mecha are like high-tech renditions of ancient Egyptian statues and all of the mecha have booming audio attacks. The cast of characters and story is good and I personally feel it's a very underrated series. Again, don't know what hosting services it's on, but worth a viewing if it's available.

Some good anime I've watched recently on Netflix are Blood+, Eden of the East, Deathnote and D Gray Man.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:02:14 PM by kronovan » Logged
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 06:42:49 PM »

Just watched the first episode of Trigrun and it didn't grab me... Will give it a few more episodes

Btw, my favorite anime is Fist of the North Star, The Guyver &  Ninja Scroll.  Love Ninja Scroll
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 06:45:15 PM by Soulchilde » Logged

NiM$
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 07:07:59 PM »

Trigun starts off goofy, but gets darker as it proceeds.

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 07:22:39 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on July 23, 2014, 06:42:49 PM

Just watched the first episode of Trigrun and it didn't grab me... Will give it a few more episodes

Btw, my favorite anime is Fist of the North Star, The Guyver &  Ninja Scroll.  Love Ninja Scroll

Check out Sword of the Stranger if you like Ninja Scroll.

Have you watched Samurai Champloo?  It's not really like those but it's a solid series, has a Cowboy Bepop feel to it.  Mugen is a lot like Spike.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 07:47:10 PM »

I watched lots of anime back in the day, but have been out of the loop for many years now.  I've tried watching a few of the newer series (Attack on Titan, most recently), but none of it really grabs me anymore.  I did enjoy Samurai Champloo, but that's the only recent anime that I've liked.

That said, my favorites back in the day were:

-  Ninja Scroll (the movie.  I thought the series was terrible)
-  Record of Lodoss War
-  Rurouni Kenshin
-  Trigun
-  Cowboy Bebop
-  Vampire Hunter D
-  Ghost in the Shell
-  Anything by Miyazaki
-  Berzerk

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. 

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 11:04:34 PM »

Rahxephon - The anime that is like Neon Genesis Evangelion but makes sense.  It takes some time to really come to a boil, but it does it well. (DVD.. if it is out there for streaming I don't know it)

Knight of Sidonia is downright amazing.  It is one of my favorites.  Gonna get the manga series (nine volumes currently in english!!!).  (Netflix)

Watched Kaze no Stigma.  I liked it, but it quickly begins to fall into the aloof main character, tsundere female lead which might be a turn off to some. (Netflix)

Aldnoah.Zero I liked the first two episodes, and can't wait to see the third tonight.

Gatchaman Crowds - Liked what I saw, just hadn't gotten back to it to finish it. (Crunchyroll)

My Crunchyroll queue has Girls und Panzer, Durarara, Xamd, Log Horizon, Majestic Prince, Strike the Blood, and Valerian and Laureline all to watch (I've watched at least one episode of each of them, can't wait to finish them.)

No Game No Life was in there briefly, but the premise of the show rubs me the wrong way.  Can anyone make a good argument to continue watching that one? 

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Montag
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 11:13:36 PM »

Not sure about services but quick drive by post.  Will embellish later.

Ghost Hunter Robin
Planetes - hard sci fi good mix of humor and serious
Haibane Renmei
Full Metal Alchemist - some on Netflix
Darker than Black
Hellsing
Hellsing Ultimate
Black Lagoon
Legend of Galactic Heroes - long space saga - very good
Monster - great series about a killer
Phantom - series about assassins
Claymore - supernatural monster hunters in medieval times

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 11:20:45 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on July 23, 2014, 11:04:34 PM

Aldnoah.Zero I liked the first two episodes, and can't wait to see the third tonight.

Episode three is what cemented the series for me, be sure to watch the post credits!
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 11:25:33 PM »

Quote from: Montag on July 23, 2014, 11:13:36 PM

Full Metal Alchemist - some on Netflix

I believe both FMA, and FMA:Brotherhood are on Netflix.  Brotherhood is a remake with proper manga ending, as FMA caught up and surpassed it and went in its own direction.   So they are sort of the same show up to a point where they diverge.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2014, 07:08:05 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on July 23, 2014, 07:47:10 PM

That said, my favorites back in the day were:

-  Ninja Scroll (the movie.  I thought the series was terrible)
-  Record of Lodoss War
-  Rurouni Kenshin
-  Trigun
-  Cowboy Bebop
-  Vampire Hunter D
-  Ghost in the Shell
-  Anything by Miyazaki
-  Berzerk

Lol, other than Rorouni Kenshin all of those are in my anime library of DVDs and BRD's.  I haven't bought the latest 2  Miyazaki films yet and I did once own RK, but traded it away. Oh, and my Whispers of the Heart DVD seems to be on indefinite loan to my nephew's ex-girlfriend. I really liked her and she's a professional violinist, so I'm cool with it living with her.  slywink
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2014, 08:05:13 PM »

i recently got the first part of The Heroic Legend of Arslan on LaserDisc (for $1) and i liked it enough that i need to seek out parts 2-4. pretty nice animation, interesting characters, and an ok plot so far.

researching around, the other discs go for ~$40 each, so maybe i won't do that.

recently, i saw Detonator Orgun and GunBuster for the first time. those have not aged as well.

for new stuff, i was trying to watch Dusk Maiden of Amnesia which has some good moments of humor, but the gratuitous fan service and endless fawning of the female characters over the male lead is just sexist and annoying. i must be getting old.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2014, 08:12:06 PM »

Quote from: hitbyambulance on July 24, 2014, 08:05:13 PM

recently, i saw Detonator Orgun and GunBuster for the first time. those have not aged as well.

No, not if the majority of your recent viewing are anime released in the last decade and a half. I'd argue though, that if you're a fan of the later years of the golden age of anime, both of those stand up. The problem is, beginning with the Ghost in the Shell feature, along with other landmarks in anime technique like Princess Mononoke, The Animatrix, and Spirited Away, the standards bar has been upped very high. It's hard now to watch those golden age anime without the glasses of today's standards. As well, with the decline in anime sales and production that started in the late 90's, studios and producers have been careful to ensure that most cover the bases in terns of technique quality - though atrocious exceptions to that still get released.

I'd argue that both Detonator Orgun and GunBuster stand up in terms of story and characters, the former more so. Detonator got particularly pooched by Central Park Media who handled the N.A. distribution and had a reputation for bad quality - really borked the audio for its NA DVD. I personally enjoy the simpler design of anime from the golden age and find the better anime from that era to be superior character and story-wise than the majority of what's currently being released.
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 12:47:53 AM »

hmm. possibly i'm doing that, but i watch way more 'older' shows than newer. maybe i am more forgiving for the flaws of say, something that's 1970's cornball like Science Ninja Team Gatchaman over early 90's giant mecha.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2014, 05:00:19 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on July 23, 2014, 06:42:49 PM

Btw, my favorite anime is Fist of the North Star, The Guyver &  Ninja Scroll.  Love Ninja Scroll

Also FYI Legend of the Dark King is on Crunchyroll, this is a Fist of the North Star series and documents Raoh's rise to power.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2014, 03:28:06 PM »

Quote from: hitbyambulance on July 26, 2014, 12:47:53 AM

hmm. possibly i'm doing that, but i watch way more 'older' shows than newer. maybe i am more forgiving for the flaws of say, something that's 1970's cornball like Science Ninja Team Gatchaman over early 90's giant mecha.

I was writing more in general terms than at you specifically - sorry if that wasn't clear. I personally find that after watching new gen anime that it to some extent colors my impressions of older anime. There's also anime from the later Golden Age that left others in the dust in terms of quality of technique; i.e. Akira, 1st Patlabor movie. Grave of the Fireflies and Kiki's Delivery service. Those were full feature anime movies though, with all of them getting a theater run.

Much of what was released in the 80's early 90s's were Original Video Adaptations (OVA) which were produced on a limited budget since they only sold through direct -to- fan sales. Without the Internet for marketing, even in a fan-rich market like Japan they were risky. There's even a quality gap between anime produced for TV and OVA's in that era. Detonator Orgun was an oddity even for short episode OVA's, as it was 3 parts @ 50 minutes as opposed to the standard 6 parts @ 25 minutes - producer was too nervous and in Japan sold each vol separately.  icon_confused  Those OVA's were a great channel for writers and studios who wanted to produce anime that were too off the beaten path for TV and feature films. When I consider my library and other anime I've rented to view from that era, many of them are OVA's. While the quality of the animation and audio was often lower, more interesting stories and characters often compensated for it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 03:32:42 PM by kronovan » Logged
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2014, 03:25:05 AM »

Hunter x Hunter has been added to Netflix, you should watch it.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2014, 04:45:03 AM »

The recent CGI Captain Harlock movie just showed up on Netflix. This is something I've been dying to see since I saw the trailer months ago. I heard it's not that good but I loved the old Harlock TV series so I'll still give it a go.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2014, 02:57:48 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on August 02, 2014, 03:25:05 AM

Hunter x Hunter has been added to Netflix, you should watch it.
Cool, that's an anime I haven't watched. I've heard good things about it, so I'm definitely going to check it out.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2014, 03:07:49 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on August 02, 2014, 04:45:03 AM

The recent CGI Captain Harlock movie just showed up on Netflix. This is something I've been dying to see since I saw the trailer months ago. I heard it's not that good but I loved the old Harlock TV series so I'll still give it a go.

If you enjoyed the TV series and other things Harlock, I highly recommend the 1982 feature Acradia of my Youth. I consider it the high mark of the Harlock universe. The 6 part OVA Harlock Saga that came out in the early 90's was also decent, if not a bit weird. It's a retelling of Wagner's Das Rheingold, so watch it for what it is. I'm not sure if either is available on anime services like crunchy roll, but both of those are available on DVD. Aracadia is considered a golden age classic, so any rental outlet that has an anime section should have it.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2014, 02:27:23 PM »

Huh, watched it last night and enjoyed even with not knowing anything about Harlock going in.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2014, 11:20:44 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on August 08, 2014, 02:27:23 PM

Huh, watched it last night and enjoyed even with not knowing anything about Harlock going in.

I also enjoyed the new Harlock CGI movie. like you, I've never watched an episode of the series. the movie had absolutely beautiful animation.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2014, 06:00:38 AM »

Has anyone been watching the latest season of Avatar: The Legend of Korra on Nick?

This new season has been quite good.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2014, 01:09:32 AM »

Holy crap is the dub different from the sub for that Harlock movie.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2014, 01:05:41 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on August 12, 2014, 01:09:32 AM

Holy crap is the dub different from the sub for that Harlock movie.

LOL! Forgot about that. Things there always seem to start up with CC on and right away I was all WTF is going on here?  saywhat

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2014, 04:43:16 PM »

I'm liking Akami ga Kill (Crunchyroll) a lot.  Sort of a bad guy of the week show but with a good pace and an overarching plot that is moving forwards.   Soul I think you would like this one based on the shows you listed before.   Fantasy world with a corrupt government and a group of assassins with legendary magic items trying to overthrow them.  It can be pretty brutal at times.  Show has already had at least two "oh shit" moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS3h6x7J92I
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: