http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 02:22:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And we count Saudi Arabia our ally but consider Iran evil?  (Read 2607 times)
Farscry
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2007, 08:45:30 PM »

Rape Victim's Sentence Increased in Severity

Errr... ok.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 09:19:52 PM »

The real crime is the sales from the video of that beating. "Lashes of Luv" was an overnight smash in 24 countries!

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 09:55:03 PM »

unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 10:53:35 PM »

1. There's a reason why, from day one, GWB has been referred to as "The Arabian Candidate".
2. There's a reason why Osama Bin Laden has not been caught, and why the Iraqi distraction was created after the US military (aka, the "broken military" Clinton was "responsible" for) almost succeeded in capturing OBL.
3. There's a reason why every country in the Middle East this administration starts hostilities toward has been an enemy of the Saudis.
4. There's a reason why we didn't attack Saudi Arabia after 9/11, despite the fact that all the terrorists were Saudi, all their financing came from Saudi Arabia, and all the planning was done by Saudis.  Oh... and OBL was a Saudi, and the BinLaden family is second only to the Saudi royal family in Arabia.
5. There's a reason why we are chasing our tail looking for "Islamofascists" all over the place, but the home of radical Islam, aka Wahhabism, is in Saudi Arabia (and that Wahhabi support was both what put the Saudis in power, and what keeps them there).

Not only that, but the Arabia has already hit peak oil.  Their slice of that pie chart has nowhere to go but down, and they (and their Bushite puppets) know it.  That's why they are very, very interested in both looting as much oil as they can from the other parts of that pie chart (like Iran, Iraq, Venezuela), and war profiteering as much as they possibly can from America.  With the help of Neal and Jeb, they've all been diversifying into bank and loan fraud.  Hey, why steal millions when you can steal billions with even less effort and risk?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 10:55:31 PM by unbreakable » Logged
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 02:25:28 AM »

She should have known better when she let them rape her.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 03:05:57 AM »

You know, this reminds me of a made for TV movie I sat through at like 3am last year. Some Saudi guys had hostages in the US and of course the government sent a negotiator.

I laughed hysterically when the supposedly super nationalist rabidly religious terrorist guy picked up the phone and had an actual conversation about threats and demands with a woman. In reality I'm pretty sure those guys would just take it as an insult and shoot themselves some prisoners.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 05:30:21 AM »

Why were you watching a Lifetime movie at 3am? icon_twisted

unbreakable
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 05:57:23 AM »

As a good example of what kind of goofy shit goes on there, I recall an incident a few years ago where a women's school caught fire, and rather than let the women come outside without their headscarves, the religious police (yes, they have religious police there) trapped all the women inside and let them burn.

That's why when the Bushites say about how good and moral they are, I just have to shake my head.  One of the biggest ironies in the world (literally) is that the only person who realizes how completely powerless GWB is would be Musharraf.  I've never understood what anyone in Europe even paid attention to the guy, much less let themselves get dragged into assisting his illegal bullshit.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 06:08:38 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 18, 2007, 02:25:28 AM

What about the male friend? What kind of punishment did he get? it did say

The seven rapists, who abducted the pair and raped both

Icky.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 07:08:00 AM »

Quote from: unbreakable on November 17, 2007, 10:53:35 PM

1. There's a reason why, from day one, GWB

Cause we weren't friends with SA before GWB.

You need therapy.
unbreakable
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 03:34:05 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 18, 2007, 07:08:00 AM

1. There's a reason why, from day one, GWB

Cause we weren't friends with SA before GWB.

You need therapy.

So we were pursuing a "pro-SA at any cost" foreign policy before GWB?  Even Reagan and GHWB weren't as blatant about being in their pocket.

You need a reality check.

[edit] you also need to lay off the personal attacks.  If you can't discuss things like an adult...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 03:46:02 PM by unbreakable » Logged
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 05:08:10 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on November 18, 2007, 03:34:05 PM

If you can't discuss things like an adult...

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 05:13:29 PM »

...back on topic:

Quote from: DarkEL on November 18, 2007, 06:08:38 AM

Quote from: Canuck on November 18, 2007, 02:25:28 AM

What about the male friend? What kind of punishment did he get? it did say

No, didn't see any info on that, and I suspect his punishment (based on Saudi Arabian justice historically) was lighter than the woman's. icon_frown

Quote from: DarkEL on November 18, 2007, 06:08:38 AM

The seven rapists, who abducted the pair and raped both

Icky.

Uh... I missed that somehow when I read through it. That's certainly odd. I thought homosexual activity was even more taboo there than here, which would in their system make it an even worse crime than rape.

unbreakable
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 05:29:04 PM »

Quote from: Mr. Fed on November 18, 2007, 05:08:10 PM

Yes, Fed, that's right.  So no personal attacks.  I know that's hard for someone like you to digest, but please try.

It's cool to follow the rules.
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 05:30:40 PM »

2. There's a reason why Osama Bin Laden has not been caught, and why the Iraqi distraction was created after the US military (aka, the "broken military" Clinton was "responsible" for) almost succeeded in capturing OBL.

I think your a little wacked if you think we would willingly let Osama get away.

Quote from: unbreakable
4. There's a reason why we didn't attack Saudi Arabia after 9/11, despite the fact that all the terrorists were Saudi, all their financing came from Saudi Arabia, and all the planning was done by Saudis.  Oh... and OBL was a Saudi, and the BinLaden family is second only to the Saudi royal family in Arabia.

All the hijackers were not Saudis. Not all the financing and planning was done by Saudis either - Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was a Pakistani for one. Oh, and to top it off Osama Bin Laden is essentially an outcast from the family in Saudi Arabia.

You're just grabbing at straws.

5. There's a reason why we are chasing our tail looking for "Islamofascists" all over the place, but the home of radical Islam, aka Wahhabism, is in Saudi Arabia (and that Wahhabi support was both what put the Saudis in power, and what keeps them there).

Whats more likely - that there is this grand conspiracy involving the US government and the Saudis, or that the US government is just incompetent.
[/quote]
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 05:31:31 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on November 18, 2007, 05:29:04 PM

Quote from: Mr. Fed on November 18, 2007, 05:08:10 PM

Yes, Fed, that's right.  So no personal attacks.  I know that's hard for someone like you to digest, but please try.

It's cool to follow the rules.

Something tells me you're quoting Mr. Fed out of context.
unbreakable
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 05:36:44 PM »

Quote from: CSL on November 18, 2007, 05:30:40 PM

I think your a little wacked if you think we would willingly let Osama get away.

"We" didn't.

All the hijackers were not Saudis.

So who wasn't?

Not all the financing and planning was done by Saudis either - Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was a Pakistani for one.

So it was HIS money he was sending?  Or... was he just taking Saudi money and transfering it around?

Oh, and to top it off Osama Bin Laden is essentially an outcast from the family in Saudi Arabia.

Says who?  Are you all up ins with the Bin Ladens, and know who is or isn't on the outs?

That sounds like a really good cover story.  I'm sure they're very please people like yourself are buying their "official version" of events.

You're just grabbing at straws.

You're believing everything you read in the newspapers.

Whats more likely - that there is this grand conspiracy involving the US government and the Saudis, or that the US government is just incompetent.

No, it's more likely that there's a collusion between the House of Bush and the House of Saud.  I'll bet someone could even write a book about it...
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 05:38:59 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on November 18, 2007, 05:36:44 PM

So who wasn't?

Mohammed Atta
Marwan al-Shehhi
Fayez Banihammad
Ziad Jarrah
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 05:42:02 PM »

So no personal attacks.  I know that's hard for someone like you to digest, but please try.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
unbreakable
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2007, 05:42:49 PM »

Quote from: CSL on November 18, 2007, 05:38:59 PM

Quote from: unbreakable on November 18, 2007, 05:36:44 PM

So who wasn't?

Mohammed Atta
Marwan al-Shehhi
Fayez Banihammad
Ziad Jarrah

Oh, my bad.  I should have just said they all carried Saudi passports.
unbreakable
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2007, 05:44:06 PM »

Quote from: Mr. Fed on November 18, 2007, 05:42:02 PM

So no personal attacks.  I know that's hard for someone like you to digest, but please try.

Keep grinding away, pal.
VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 07:20:41 PM »

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!
unbreakable
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »

Aside from Fed's axe grinding, I don't see any problem here.  Frankly, I wish he'd quit trying to derail the thread.  I didn't start posting disruptions in his thread, did I?

So we can just ignore the babies, and carry on the discussion.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2007, 04:59:49 AM »

Quote from: unbreakable on November 18, 2007, 08:50:00 PM

Aside from Fed's axe grinding, I don't see any problem here.  Frankly, I wish he'd quit trying to derail the thread.  I didn't start posting disruptions in his thread, did I?

Only in the second, sixth and ninth posts (all yours).  Are you really that clueless?
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2007, 07:32:09 AM »

Quote from: warning on November 19, 2007, 04:59:49 AM

Are you really that clueless?

Can't we please be civil and lay off these personnel attacks on unbreakable.

I mean, he comes in here and creates all of these fine discussable topics day in and day out and all he gets is grief. I'd almost call it harassment.
spoonful
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2007, 09:05:03 AM »

I think I'm becoming an Unbreakable fanboy.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2007, 04:27:04 PM »

An unwavering, antagonistic, tinfoil-wearing, conspiracy theorist. What’s not to love?  retard
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2007, 04:59:32 PM »

Quote from: CSL on November 19, 2007, 07:32:09 AM

I mean, he comes in here and creates all of these fine discussable topics day in and day out and all he gets is grief. I'd almost call it harassment.
Sure... as long as you discount the multitude of threads that have unnecessary (and frankly ridiculous) shots at the Bush administration when there's absolutely no connection whatsoever.  If he showed even the slightest ability to be objective when it comes to political topics, he wouldn't get nearly as much grief as he does.  But his desire to grind that conservative axe is far too strong to resist, so his views are mocked as the caricature that they are.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 05:01:29 PM by Laner » Logged
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2007, 05:36:43 PM »

Quote from: VynlSol on November 18, 2007, 07:20:41 PM

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

L. O. L.

That really got me Vyn! +1 for you!   icon_biggrin  thumbsup
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2007, 07:19:15 PM »

Quote from: Toe
An unwavering, antagonistic,

Those are fair complaints

Quote from: Toe
tinfoil-wearing, conspiracy theorist. What’s not to love?  retard

Those aren't. Those are insults just because you disagree with someone. I actually agree with most of the interpretation of many issues Unbreakable espouses, due to my own reading up on things prior to ever even reading these threads on this board.

I wouldn't call you a conformist head-in-the-sand fool, so why would you call me a tinfoil-wearing conspiracy theorist? When you step over the line into insults like that, you paint with too wide of a brush.

Toe

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2007, 07:52:32 PM »

drifter

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2007, 08:20:21 PM »

Some Iranian justice

On Sunday, August 15, a 16-year-old girl in the town of Neka, northern Iran, was executed. Ateqeh Sahaleh was hanged in public on Simetry Street off Rah Ahan Street at the city center.

The sentence was issued by the head of Neka’s Justice Department and subsequently upheld by the mullahs’ Supreme Court and carried out with the approval of Judiciary Chief Mahmoud Shahroudi.

In her summary trial, the teenage victim did not have any lawyer and efforts by her family to recruit a lawyer was to no avail. Ateqeh personally defended herself. She told the religious judge, Haji Rezaii, that he should punish the main perpetrators of moral corruption not the victims.

The judge personally pursued Ateqeh’s death sentence, beyond all normal procedures and finally gained the approval of the Supreme Court. After her execution Rezai said her punishment was not execution but he had her executed for her “sharp tongue”.

http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=80

IT WAS exactly 6am and the start of another blisteringly hot summer day when 16-year-old Atefeh Rajabi was dragged from her prison cell and taken to be executed.

Every step of the way the troubled teenager plagued by mental problems shouted "repentance, repentance" as the militiamen marched her to the town's Railway Square.

The Iranian judge who had sentenced Atefeh to death was left unmoved as he personally put the noose around her neck and signalled to the crane driver.

Kicking and screaming, Atefeh was left dangling for 45 minutes from the arm of the crane as the crowd sobbed and - under their breath - damned the mullahs.

Advertisement
 Atefeh's crime? Offending public morality. She was found guilty of "acts incompatible with chastity" by having sex with an unmarried man, even though friends say Atefeh was in such a fragile mental state that she wasn't in a position to say no.
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=17431866&method=full&siteid=62484&headline=hanged-from-a-crane-aged-16--name_page.html

Tehran, Sep. 24 - At least 120 persons have been hanged in public in Iran since March, according to the state-owned press. A man was hanged in public today in the city of Ahwaz (southwestern Iran). Mohsen Sh. was accused of armed robbery.
His two alleged accomplices, Peyman B. and Shahin R., were sentenced to having their right hands and left feet amputated.

Last week the head of the public relations office of prisons in Hamedan province (western Iran) announced that the local Department of Justice had amputated the fingers of a burglar.

http://normblog.typepad.com/normblog/2004/09/iranian_justice.html

In the next two days, it seems likely that Hajieh will die from wounds caused by stones thrown by "executioners". The Iranian Penal Code states that women should be buried up to their breasts before being stoned. Article 104 is specific about the type of stones that should be used when a woman is to be punished for adultery. They "should not be large enough to kill the woman by one or two strikes, nor should they be so small that they could not be defined as stones". Hajieh will die slowly, in agony, buried in sand, as officials lob correctly sized stones at her head.

It is a fate that also awaits Zhila Izadyar, a 13-year-old girl from the northern province of Mazandaran. She has been sentenced to be stoned to death after her parents reported that she had had an incestuous relationship with her 15-year-old brother and had become pregnant by him.

Zhila has already received a "preliminary punishment" of 53 lashes. A representative from Iran's Society for the Protection of Children's Rights has managed to visit Zhila in prison. She found the 13-year-old in a desperate state, in solitary confinement and unable to keep down food. She has not been allowed to see her child
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=IH3RIUF4RBWYFQFIQMFCFFOAVCBQYIV0?xml=/news/2004/12/19/wiran19.xml&page=2
VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2007, 08:34:26 PM »

Iranian Penal Code, conveniently in English:

http://www.iranhrdc.org/english/pdfs/Codes/ThePenalCode.pdf
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2007, 06:16:13 AM »

Quote from: Toe on November 19, 2007, 07:52:32 PM

Roll Eyes

jpinard

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2007, 03:00:25 PM »

I wish the world had no oil dependancy so this kind of crap could be wiped from the planet.  It is so awful the human rights abuses that continue to go on.  Calling them disgusting animals is still too nice of a label.
unbreakable
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2007, 05:50:54 PM »

Quote from: Laner on November 19, 2007, 04:59:32 PM

Sure... as long as you discount the multitude of threads that have unnecessary (and frankly ridiculous) shots at the Bush administration when there's absolutely no connection whatsoever.  If he showed even the slightest ability to be objective when it comes to political topics, he wouldn't get nearly as much grief as he does.  But his desire to grind that conservative axe is far too strong to resist, so his views are mocked as the caricature that they are.

Objectivity... meaning, I have to agree with your views.

Personally, my views have far more acceptance than yours.  This whole myth that America was somehow a conservative nation was just a Fifth Column ploy.  This is, always has been, and always will be a liberal nation.  It was founded on liberal and secular principles, and unless conservatives succeed in overthrowing the government with the theofascist regime they dream of, it always will be.

It's not delusional to see America's enemy and wish them no success.  I never, ever saw you come out and defend liberals against the goofball rhetoric of conservatives in the past 15 years.  You like to ridicule when I point out the Bush family's deep monetary ties to Saudis, or how everything GWB has done in office has benefited the Saudis, but I don't see you ridiculing Bill O'Reilly's claim that every liberal organization is run by George Soros, or that the ACLU is pushing a Nazi agenda.

So please spare us the rhetoric that I'm not "fair and balanced" enough, mkay?  If you want to be a blind partisan, at least be honest about it.  I'm not going to mollycoddle people holding a viewpoint which has been provably wrong on everything they've said.  Especially when they can't even be civil.

BTW, it's kind of amazing how, in any thread which points out the goofyness and failures of conservatives, you guys always succeed in making the thread all about me.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 05:59:23 PM by unbreakable » Logged
unbreakable
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2007, 06:09:23 PM »

Only in the second, sixth and ninth posts (all yours).  Are you really that clueless?

So... making a post = a disruption?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2007, 01:34:25 AM »

Quote from: unbreakable on November 20, 2007, 06:09:23 PM

well crap....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2007, 01:51:15 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on November 20, 2007, 06:09:23 PM

I think that's a Yes, then...

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
unbreakable
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2007, 04:30:23 AM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on November 21, 2007, 01:51:15 PM

I think that's a Yes, then...

Stop disrupting, dude.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: