http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 09:28:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon Prime - do they not ship on release day for free?  (Read 547 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2012, 06:34:48 PM »

I haven't bought a console game in nearly a year, I want to pre-order Halo 4 on Amazon (I have a Prime account) but the only option for release day delivery includes a $3.99 charge. Do Prime members no longer receive free shipping on release day?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 06:40:18 PM »

I don't think it was an every game deal, but was generally all the big ones.  I wonder if maybe it is because of the late date of order since the game ships in a couple days?  Maybe they only give you that free if you've ordered within enough time for their early prep or something.

For what it's worth, I did get free release day shipping on recent purchases of Forza Horizon and two copies of NFS: Most Wanted.  But I also preordered them quite a while ago.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 07:32:06 PM »

yeah, the free release day shipping usually disappears the Friday before release.  I think it is because at that point they would have no choice but to send it next day air; I've had release day items ship out on a Saturday or even Sunday in order to get it to me on the following Tuesday with two day delivery.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 07:39:45 PM »

I haven't seen the release day shipping for as many games as I did this time last year.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 08:09:35 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 03, 2012, 07:32:06 PM

yeah, the free release day shipping usually disappears the Friday before release.  I think it is because at that point they would have no choice but to send it next day air; I've had release day items ship out on a Saturday or even Sunday in order to get it to me on the following Tuesday with two day delivery.

This is what I've observed as well.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 08:15:24 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 03, 2012, 06:40:18 PM

I don't think it was an every game deal, but was generally all the big ones.  I wonder if maybe it is because of the late date of order since the game ships in a couple days?  Maybe they only give you that free if you've ordered within enough time for their early prep or something.

For what it's worth, I did get free release day shipping on recent purchases of Forza Horizon and two copies of NFS: Most Wanted.  But I also preordered them quite a while ago.

It has to be the delay in ordering.  I'm getting free release day shipping of Halo 4.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 10:15:45 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on November 03, 2012, 08:15:24 PM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 03, 2012, 06:40:18 PM

It has to be the delay in ordering.  I'm getting free release day shipping of Halo 4.

Free release day shipping from Amazon here as well, I pre-ordered in September though.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 12:28:44 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 03, 2012, 08:09:35 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 03, 2012, 07:32:06 PM

This is what I've observed as well.

Ditto.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 08:27:57 PM »

Ah, good to know. I was ready to condemn Amazon altogether (in terms of buying physical copies of games).

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: