http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 07:14:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon has its head in the Cloud  (Read 452 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2011, 08:51:47 AM »

just saw this on Amazon:

they also have a deal where if you buy a MP3 album you get 20 gig of Cloud space for a year from the date of purchase.  I doubt I'll ever use this service but it's cool that they'll be putting MP3 purchases there for easy access should I need it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:13:24 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 08:56:03 AM »

I was about to dive in with a big old "meh" until I re-read the line that said new music purchases from Amazon don't count against your storage quota.  That's pretty good.  I won't use it myself, but I can see a market there.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »

TO THE CLOUD!!!!  eek
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 01:26:37 PM »

This will be pretty useful. Kind of a combo between dropbox and iTunes. Look forward to using it after I upgrade.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 02:30:59 AM »

They could have solved this by just letting me re-download albums that I already purchased through Amazon.  Only allowing the 1-time download is probably my biggest dislike when it comes to Amazon as a whole.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 03:26:31 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on March 30, 2011, 02:30:59 AM

They could have solved this by just letting me re-download albums that I already purchased through Amazon.  Only allowing the 1-time download is probably my biggest dislike when it comes to Amazon as a whole.

iTunes doesn't allow this either iirc, it's kind of a problem with digital music in general, isn't it?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 03:56:37 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 30, 2011, 03:26:31 AM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on March 30, 2011, 02:30:59 AM

iTunes doesn't allow this either iirc, it's kind of a problem with digital music in general, isn't it?

I think with Apple you can get a second download if you ask them nicely, but under normal circumstances you get the one download and have to do your own backups.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 04:38:55 AM »

Yeah, it just seems ridiculous that Amazon, who already keeps a full record of everything I've bought from them for years and has things like digital movie and kindle book collections, can't see that I already bout Album X and let me re-download it. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 04:33:19 PM »

totally missed this, but there have been some changes to this:

Amazon Announces Storage Plans for Amazon Cloud Drive with Unlimited Space for Music, Free Storage for all MP3s Purchased at Amazon MP3 and Cloud Player Support for iPad
SEATTLE, Jul 06, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) --

Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) today announced three enhancements to Amazon Cloud Drive and Cloud Player: storage plans that include unlimited space for music, free storage for all Amazon MP3 purchases and Cloud Player for Web, now on iPad.

"Customers are already enjoying Cloud Drive and Cloud Player and now for just $20 a year, customers can get unlimited space for music," said Craig Pape Director of Amazon Music. "Additionally, we are adding free storage for all MP3s purchased from Amazon MP3, and support for the iPad. Our customers love Cloud Drive and Cloud Player and we're excited to innovate these services on their behalf."

Unlimited Space for Music

Now, for a limited time, Amazon customers who purchase a Cloud Drive storage plan will receive unlimited space for their MP3 and AAC (.m4a) music files. This offer is available for even the lowest price plan: $20/year for 20 GB of file storage plus unlimited space for music. Customers can visit (www.amazon.com/clouddrive/manage) to purchase a Cloud Drive storage plan and receive unlimited space for music.

Store all Amazon MP3 Purchases for Free

Customers can now store all of their Amazon MP3 purchases for free in Cloud Drive, including future MP3 purchases as well as all purchases made before the launch of Cloud Drive and Cloud Player. MP3s purchased from Amazon MP3 and stored in Amazon Cloud Drive will not count against a customer's storage quota.

Cloud Player for Web on iPad

Also new, Cloud Player for Web on iPad. Cloud Player, combined with unlimited space for music in Cloud Drive, enables customers to play music stored in the cloud on any Android phone, Android tablet, Mac, PC, and now on their iPad. Cloud Player for Web has been optimized to offer customers streaming playback of their Cloud Drive music using the Safari browser for iPad. To access Cloud Player for iPad, customers simply open their Safari browser and visit (www.amazon.com/cloudplayer) to start listening to their music.

Storage for Music and More

All customers automatically start with 5 GB of free Cloud Drive storage to begin uploading their digital music library, and for a limited time, those who purchase any Cloud Drive storage plan will receive unlimited space for music at no additional cost. In addition to unlimited space for music, Cloud Drive allows customers to upload and store all kinds of digital files, including photos, videos and documents which are stored securely and available via web browser on any computer. Customers who qualified for 20 GB of free storage from earlier promotions will receive the unlimited space for music at no additional cost.

In March, Amazon launched Cloud Drive (www.amazon.com/clouddrive), Amazon Cloud Player for Web (www.amazon.com/cloudplayer), and Amazon Cloud Player for Android (www.amazon.com/cloudplayerandroid).

Together, these services enable customers to securely store music in the cloudand play it on any Android phone, Android tablet, Mac or PC, and now iPad, wherever they are. Customers can easily upload their music library to Amazon Cloud Drive and can save any new Amazon MP3 purchases directly to their Amazon Cloud Drive for free.

Because I can,
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 08:51:32 PM »

I've started to use this and like it so far.  I'm just using the free 5GB so far, but I'll probably shell out the $20 for unlimited mp3 space.  It's nice purchased music gets automatically transferred over to the cloud, although it would be sweeter if Amazon would transfer over my past purchased music so I wouldn't have to upload all of it.  I don't see a way to add/change cover art either.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: