http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 12:30:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazing Race 3/29 - I Hate Romber - spoilers  (Read 1385 times)
Frog's Honey
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2005, 04:32:29 AM »

OK folks, if Rob and Amber win this thing, I will cease to watch Amazing Race.  I love this show so much, that Whiteboyskim and I along with his siblings have applied for the next show.  I CANNOT STAND Rob and Amber - they are very bad people.  They are mean, selfish, stupid and horrible people.  I can't wait to see them fall.

I dislike them so much, I might even write a letter to Amazing Race.  How could Rob accuse Meredith of pushing over his wife Gretchen to get sympathy?!?!?!?!?!?  How could they not even slow down to see if the brothers were OK?!?!?!?  I was SO GLAD when the host called them on not stopping - pointing out what a horrible thing they did.  

Seriously folks if Rob and Amber win, I might just have a corornary!

Go Brothers!!
Go Old Timers!!
Go POW and Beauty Queen!!
Go Lynn and Alex!!
Go Uchene and Joyce!!
Death to Romber!!   :twisted:  :evil:  :twisted:

I Love The Law!  smile
fountainpengwen
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 04:36:59 AM »

Yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with Rob and Amber.  Except, replace "love" with "tolerate," and replace "hate" with "despise."  

I must say that that was one of the best endings ever in TAR history.  I was jumping around like an idiot in my living room when the brothers made it to the mat.  Way to go, brothers!  You seem like nice guys.

And way to go Gretchen!  You rock!
gameoverman
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 09:53:08 AM »

I can't believe anyone would take Rob's remarks at face value.   Does anyone really think that was a serious accusation? He was just being Rob.  As for Amber...well anyone who saw her brush her teeth on Survivor Allstars knows why she can never do any wrong as far as I'm concerned.  :shock:

As far as the not giving money stuff and not stopping because of the crash, I wouldn't have so I can't hold it against him.  Helping out in accidents is what the show's production staff is for, he's racing- that's how I see it.

The guy who got eliminated was a genuine ass, in my opinion. I feel bad for his on again/off again partner.  Speaking of which, what was up with her eye?  Sometimes it looked okay, other times it looked like he just socked her.

My favorite part was when the gay couple got lost.  Their comments, "it's just like Compton" and "it's Tupac" being a couple of the highlights, were priceless.  

This is probably my favorite AR since the first one so far.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 02:40:59 PM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
My favorite part was when the gay couple got lost.  Their comments, "it's just like Compton" and "it's Tupac" being a couple of the highlights, were priceless.

The gay guys can say these things and get away with it, but Rob can't make a joke about the old folks?

Like GOM said, I wouldn't have stopped for the brothers or given the old folks cash either. It's a frickin race people. The Amazing RACE, not the Amazing Journey of Humanitarian Discovery. Rob is an ass and not making any friends, but that's what makes him Rob. biggrin

I have a feeling they are going to be 2nd place by a slim, slim margin at the end. The producers want them on the show for the love/hate draw, but they don't want them to win another million, as the vocal majority has already said.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 02:51:14 PM »

They should give those that stopped and helped a "Good Sportsmanship" bonus of a 2 hour head start on next leg and a 1 hour bonus to those that stopped long enough to ask if everything was ok.

I wonder if the new camera man for the brothers was thinking "Oh f'ing shit" when he realized the brothers had to go fast in order to catch up to that other vehicle.

The bushman seemed like happy little people. Those ladies in charge of the corn-mashing were some hard-asses though. Heh.

I thought it was funny how the guy from the couple that lost was commenting on how the elderly couple was "dead weight" and all yet got beat soundly by them mashing the corn.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 06:29:35 PM »

Romber fan here...

I dunno; if I'm driving and I see another team wrecked, with a third team already there checking on them, I'm driving by...  It's a race and there is already someone there to help.  Me stopping is only going to slow me down too.  Granted I'd probably at least slow down and ask if there was a message I could give to Phil when I got to the finish line, but beyond that?

Why did Kendra get torn apart last year for her "These people should stop breeding" comment, and Lynne gets a pass on his "This is like Compton" or "find someone without a gun" comments?  Not right.  Lynne and Alex must go.

Rooting for Romber, the brothers, the childless couple and the old couple...

Rooting against Lynne and Alex.

Forgot the 6th team at the moment.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 06:35:19 PM »

First ep I've watched from this season (I'll catch an ep or two if they're on). I think all it would have taken from Rob and Amber to look okay in everyone's eyes would have been to crack their window open and ask how things were. The gay couple wasn't doing anything productive by stopping - it's wonderful of them to be so concerned, but it's a waste of their time.  Anyway, every other car asked how things were going, and the brothers waved them on - like they likely would have done with Rob and Amber. This is a competition. Don't be angry when the couples compete. Plus, the boyfriends just came across as bitching, ceaselessly bitching, about how awful Rob and Amber were.

I'm also surprised how much money the old people got from others. Maybe I'm a jerk though.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 07:27:35 PM »

Quote from: "JLu"
Why did Kendra get torn apart last year for her "These people should stop breeding" comment, and Lynne gets a pass on his "This is like Compton" or "find someone without a gun" comments?  Not right.  Lynne and Alex must go..

For me the reasons were such:

Kendra was not very likeable, beyond the eyecandy level anyway, so nothing she said gets the benefit of the doubt.

She was speaking from a condescending "I'm so much better than them, they are disgusting" attitude.

Lynne and Alex are likeable.  They are good competitors, they are personable, and contribute to the enjoyment of the show in general. So whatever they say, I'm going to be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt before I take offense.

They were speaking from a half fear/half joking way.  They didn't have the attitude of 'Ewww...these people are disgusting' ala Kendra, it was more like 'OMG! We're lost in the bad part of town, help!'.   And that area they were in DID look like parts of Compton, that's what made it funny.  They have a funny way with pop culture references(the Tupac comment. I mean Tupac? Where that come from?) that surprises me and makes me laugh.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 08:27:33 PM »

I myself do not find Lynne and Alex likeable -- though I think I can trace that back to the first moment they showed them talking about how much they dislike Rob and Amber.  Since then, they have just annoyed me.

One thing I always love about the Amazing Race -- we all watch the same edited footage; yet there are bound to be people who hate and love each team (has any team been univerally loved by viewers?)

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 08:34:57 PM »

Which guy was it that said he wasn't going to get beat by the old couple??  biggrin  Which guy isn't there anymore??  biggrin  biggrin

When Rob & Amber approached the wreck I thought "why bother stopping - the gay boys are already there wasting their time". I thought it was very smart of Rob to keep going.

Rob & Amber should have never waited at all at the Fast Forward. Rob was nagging Amber to make a choice - just DO IT YOURSELF, ROB!! Wear the pants, buddy.

I want to see the gay boys get eliminated next.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 08:41:18 PM »

I'm just glad they're out of South America.

If I hear them say to the Taxi Driver "Rapido! Mucho Rapido!" one more time, I'm going to kill something.  Okay I'm not, but it's still irritating.

I want the old couple gone first.  The gay guys are irritating at times but at least they're also pretty funny.  I absolutely abhor Gretchen and her awesome habit of speaking LOUDER AND SLOWER when she's not understood.  And of course she has to completely butcher anything that's remotely foreign.  God damn it. My favorite is during any "Where's Waldo?" quests, where her strategy is apparantly to practically SCREAM OUT THE NAME OF WHAT SHE'S LOOKING FOR.  Of course it's also completely pronounced wrong as well.  It's like an dying banshee wailing in terror.

Just Hiro will do.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 10:30:45 PM »

I thought it was hilarious that the two brothers bought a couple of kids WWF wrestling t-shirts during the shopping challenge. Somewhere in South Africa, there are two lucky kids sporting some sweet shirts!

Ray and Deanna deserved to get eliminated. He accidentally whacks her in the head when they were pounding corn and he doesn't even have the decency to say sorry.

I like Rob and Amber, but each week I find myself cheering for the two brothers. They seems like a couple of really cool guys. The type who you could hang out with and have a good time. It was pretty emotional when they finished still in the race after all they went through.
Frog's Honey
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 10:38:44 PM »

To clarify my total rant - I just do NOT like cocky rude men like Rob - any guy I know that acts like Rob, I will ignore.

Well, I like the brothers and the childless couple is cool as well - out of the teams left, I hope for one of those to win.  

I know Romber is there for drama, I just hope they don't win.

And, I know if we get picked for the next series, I am sure I will do something to make the masses mad.  Like already said, people have all different reactions to this or any reality show because we are critiquing their personalities.

smile

I Love The Law!  smile
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2005, 06:46:40 AM »

What I don't like is when one teammate starts degrading the other one.  Then if the other just sits there and takes it, I start to hate him/her too.  I like to see teams having fun during the race.

Next would be arrogant racers. Not like Rob, who is an ass, but I don't get a 'I'm better than everyone else' vibe off Rob.  Rob is just happy being Rob, and why wouldn't he be?

I mean people like Colin, or this guy who just got eliminated, Mr."Bottomfeeders", or Team Guido, if you remember old school AR teams.  People with wildly inflated opinions of themselves.

For me, I guess what it comes down to is that I don't mind a team being mad cause they aren't in first place...IF the reason they are mad is because they are worried about getting eliminated, not because they think they are so much better than everyone that they should ALWAYS be in first.
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2005, 10:03:55 PM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
First ep I've watched from this season (I'll catch an ep or two if they're on). I think all it would have taken from Rob and Amber to look okay in everyone's eyes would have been to crack their window open and ask how things were.

Sadly, no.  The other teams have been gunning for Rob and Amber since the beginning of the season.  Lynne and Alex have been the worst - they complain about them nearly every episode.  I don't think Rob and Amber could make them happy by doing anything other than losing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: