http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 09:12:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazing Race 3/01  (Read 824 times)
PaulBot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2005, 06:47:38 PM »

Anybody watch the season opener? Got any opinions yet?

I DEFINITELY am rooting for Rob & Ambers demise - the sooner the better. They made their million - let somebody else have a turn.

I see they have the token old couple - they will probably get eliminated soon.

Too bad the hillbillies came in last. I wanted to see them stick around for awhile.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 07:05:31 PM »

Loved the first episode.

I'm in the opposing camp; I am rooting for Rob and Amber to make it far.  

The old couple typically doesn't make the top half...  I always root for them though.

I cannot stand the son of the mother/son team.  Mostly because he has this absurd issue with Rob and Amber and where they are in the race (I hope that this proves to be his downfall).  Partially because it seemed the first thing he told everyone was that he was gay (don't care).

The hillbillies were great; never anticipated that one would be fluent in Portuguese.

Many other teams blend in at this point.  I kind of like the POW but moreso because he was one than who he is at this point.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 07:24:31 PM »

I think the PoW is freakin' annoying. When he was in the airport telling the one guy about the whole thing it almost seemed like he was bragging. On an aside, his wife is the ugliest beauty queen I've seen in a while.

I'm kind of rooting for Rob & Amber. They played the first leg beautifully, catching up from being waaaay back in the pack. Plus, they seem like underdogs and the son's irrational hatred toward them only makes me cheer for them more.

The rest of the teams are just kind of there so far. The "life-long friends" are kind of interesting. They afforded the locals a great deal of respect which always wins points in my book. I can see them getting annoying reaaal quick though.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 07:28:02 PM »

I'm rooting for  Rob & Amber as well.

I really hate the gay team and the mother and son team.  I think the blondies are annoying as hell, always going "smooch smooch" etc.

I can't believe this show is already back on.

Great episode though.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 07:28:45 PM »

So, I`m curious...is this Rob and Amber from Survivor? I don`t (usually) watch either of these show. The amazing race is usually pretty entertaining though. BTW, when is it on? When I first say this post I though " amazing grace?, why are they posting about it?"... :oops: I need more sleep.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 07:44:08 PM »

From what I saw of it, there was entertainment aplenty what with the wife jumping up and down screaming "WE HAVE TO BE ON THIS SHOW!!!" the whole time. I think Rob and Amber shouldn't be on the show, period. They've both already won a reality show - time to let other people have their chance. I concur with the POW statement that seemed like he was either bragging or annoying. Why is it that the "token gay couple" on AR is usually portrayed as a couple of primadonas? Why is that? There was no clear-cut "root for" team thus far except for the hillbillies who just ruled. On to next week, where the gay couple throw a hissy fit in the fish market, the gay son bitches about someone else while showing the world just what a "momma's boy" truly is, and Rob and Amber take more flack.

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK... SAME BRUCKHEIMER TIME... SAME BRUCKHEIMER CHANNEL!!!

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 08:02:07 PM »

Loved it, cant wait for more.  Im also a Romber Supporter.  I hope they go far and mabey even win it.  I dont really care that they already one a million bones from survivor, they won it because they where the best at the game.  I apply the same logic to this one as well.  it does not matter one whit to me how much money they have won in the past, if they are the best at this game then they deserve the money.

AttA
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 02:30:22 AM »

I want Amber and Rob to stay around till the end, I don't care if they win or not. He couldn't open the trunk of a car, here in Los Angeles! Who knows what kind of madcap adventures we're in for with him in the race!

The gay pair crack me up,  they're sorta the anti-Team Guidos.

The POW dude irritated me because he started off that conversation saying something like "I don't like to talk about it but...".  Dude, if you don't like talking about it, why are you talking about it?!?!

So far, no one really irritates me like Team Guido or Colin/Christie did. That one girl, who kept saying how the gay kid reminded her of her first bf, she came close. I had to wonder why she fixated on that, was she hinting she could convert him or something?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: