http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 08:45:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazing Race 14  (Read 976 times)
PaulBot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: February 17, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »

Anybody watching it?

How 'bout those hicks? She's pathetic. They're downright lucky they weren't eliminated first. Hopefully they will be next week. I can't take watching her much longer. Why they were allowed on the show is beyond me. Why they wanted to be on the show is beyond me. Didn't she know how physical it is? Sheesh.

Loved the cheese transporting - what a hoot!

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:27:01 PM »

I'm watching it. A great start to the season. I was a bit surprised they skipped South America completely and went directly to Switzerland.

The hick/redneck couple are not going to last long. They're not too bright and she is about as mobile as Jabba the Hut.
The gay dad and son (who wrote the screenplay for School of Rock) are entertaining although there is great potential for endless whining.
The two stewardesses cracked me up. They bragged about how they know all these travel sectets yet they barely avoided elimination. So much for your inside information.
The Asian brother and sister are my early pick to win the race. They seem pretty smart and they have just enough deviousness to them that they could go far.
The mom and deaf son are the most intriguing pair. It'll be interesting to see how far they can go with his impairment.

The bungee jump off the dam was awesome. I don't know if I could ever do that since I have a fear of heights, but I have to admit that one looked kind of fun. As interesting as that was, the cheese transporting challenge was some of the funniest stuff I've seen on Amazing Race. The image of 50 pound runaway wheels of cheese was comedy gold. Those rickety wooden holders were totally useless. It seemed like they would disintegrate just by breathing on them. Hilarious that as the teams were struggling, the locals were down at the bottom of the hill drinking beers and laughing at them.
After watching the show, I want to visit Switzerland now. The scenery looked spectacular.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:37:40 PM »

Damnit, forgot it started last Sunday.

IIRC, Hulu doesn't have full episodes, just clips. SO lame.

TheMissingLink on PSN
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 04:46:52 AM »

mY HANDS were quite sweaty (caps lock oops) during the bungee scene. Then I saw this yesterday and my hands were really sweaty.

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/02/screw_it_im_tired_of_living_cr.php

NSFFOH

Not Safe For Fear Of Heights. eek

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 12:04:27 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on February 17, 2009, 11:37:40 PM

Damnit, forgot it started last Sunday.

IIRC, Hulu doesn't have full episodes, just clips. SO lame.

Did you try http://isohunt.com/torrents/

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 11:27:56 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on February 17, 2009, 11:27:01 PM

The hick/redneck couple are not going to last long. They're not too bright and she is about as mobile as Jabba the Hut.

She was horrible but calling the guy not bright when he was the only one who figured out that you could stack 150lbs of cheese on the board and use it as a sled isn't very accurate, but yeah  I can't figure out why they thought they would have a chance on a show like this.  His speech to his wife about how she just couldn't keep up and there was nothing they could do about it seemed to be an "I told you this wasn't a good idea" speech which makes me think it was her that really wanted to be on the show more than he did.

Last season's Frat boys were so funny at how clueless they were about everything, I just hope there are a few teams this season who luck out enough but provide that amount of comedy.

Overall there seem to be more teams that look competitive this season than last.

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 11:34:36 PM »

Actually, that is a good point. He did have the smarts to figure out the sledding of three cheese wheels down the hill. I give him credit for that. His wife is really going to hold them back though. Based on the preview for next episode, it looks like she's going to get into some real trouble. I think she also said that great line to the taxi driver about driving as fast as possible but not breaking the speed limit.

PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 01:17:38 PM »

Just realized I hadn't seen this thread popping up every week. Anybody still watching?

I am amused by all the idiots that like to leave their valuables lying unattended in foreign countries.

Rule #1 when out of the US: your Passport stays on your person, period.

The short boys almost got what they deserved. They have a 3h10m penalty and an extra task to overcome next week. Sounds rather bleak for them. Can't say I'm disappointed.

Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 03:21:16 PM »

This season has been rather weak so far IMO. My wife and I are watching really out of loyalty to the show more than actual interest. While we love Luke and his mother, the redheads constant whining, the lack of the charisma displayed by the sisters and stuntmen, and my dislike for victor has made the teams left less than desirable.

That and I wish they'd stop casting people who have no chance of winning. Some of these people can't even climb a hill, how would they navigate the world?
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 03:55:37 PM »

I haven't seen Sundays episode yet. My wife and I are actually enjoying this season quite a bit. Season 13 was the first one we didn't watch all the way through. Mostly because we couldn't find any teams to root for. This season is different though. It's the first one in a long time where I haven't found a team I despise and want to see lose. All of the teams seem to be composed of decent people who don't bicker with one another. Perhaps the only team I would not want to see win the whole thing are the Brother and Sister Lawyer team. The brother thinks he is way smarter than he really is and it's a bit annoying, but still, he is no where near as bad as some of the people in the past.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 04:52:28 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on April 14, 2009, 03:55:37 PM

I haven't seen Sundays episode yet. My wife and I are actually enjoying this season quite a bit. Season 13 was the first one we didn't watch all the way through. Mostly because we couldn't find any teams to root for. This season is different though. It's the first one in a long time where I haven't found a team I despise and want to see lose. All of the teams seem to be composed of decent people who don't bicker with one another. Perhaps the only team I would not want to see win the whole thing are the Brother and Sister Lawyer team. The brother thinks he is way smarter than he really is and it's a bit annoying, but still, he is no where near as bad as some of the people in the past.

Yep - no really annoying teams that make you want to reach out and strangle them. Maybe they did that on purpose. The lawyer dood is a bit annoying at times, but his sister is cute.

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 05:26:09 PM »

We're still watching it and enjoying it very much. I think Margie may be the best racer ever. She's one tough cookie.

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 04:38:23 AM »

Here comes the race to the finish line. Who ya rooting for?

I was hoping Margie & Luke would get eliminated last night, but Jen & Keysha were my next choice so I wasn't really disappointed. I don't like either of those teams due to the rudeness they exhibited towards each other in previous episodes. I especially thought Luke acted very immature.

How about that million dollar potty stop? Hilarious. Too bad, girls.

I'm hoping Tammy & Victor win it. They have been doing a really good job of getting along with each other lately. They had their problems early on, but seem to have worked them out. If they don't win, hopefully Cara & Jaime do.

Looks like they're going to be in Hawaii for the end. Did you see the previews? Cara, Jaime & Tammy in bikinis  icon_biggrin Looks interesting....
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 04:44:19 AM by PaulBot » Logged

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 05:54:23 AM »

I'd like to see Margie and Cara ditch their annoying partners and team up - that's a team I'd root for.  I've enjoyed the season as a whole - fewer airport shenanigans, mostly interesting tasks, and the last few episodes have had some really funny moments.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 05:03:58 PM »

I'm rooting for Margie and Luke (Don't make fun of me because I'm deaf, but I expect special treatment because I am deaf) to loose. That elbow throwing momma's boy annoys the hell out of me.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 03:22:35 AM »

TVGuide has an interview with Kisha and Jen about what exactly happened.  It's always interesting to hear what really happened, and see how the producers manipulated it into what was seen in the show.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:26:02 AM by EddieA » Logged

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 04:48:07 PM »

It's over, and they actually came across the finish line in the order I was hopnig for.

Loved watching Cara, Jaime & Tammy in bikinis.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: