http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 11:34:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazing Race - 01/04/05  (Read 1320 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2005, 05:15:06 PM »

Can we all vote John in as Husband of the Year? His wife is sitting there puking up some spicy hot Hungarian soup, and he's shouting at her to hurry because they're behind. She's practically begging him to go away and he's still going psycho. Creating a list of offenses from this asshat would be an all-day job.

Otherwise, the wife was sad to see the father-daughter team go, but I loved how when he got to the soup he just downed it. It doesn't quite compare to Strongbad and his wife gulping pig's blood, but it was close.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 05:20:50 PM »

I like Jonathon, he makes me seem like the best husband ever. Whenever my wife needs a stress break I scream "Victoria" in Jon's whiny voice and she gets a good laugh.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 07:03:08 PM »

The amazing thing about Jonathan is that he treats everyone else EXCEPT his wife nicely. So far, he's given candy out to kids in Dakar, befriended some of the locals to be their guide, and last night, consoled Freddy when he was throwing his fit over getting clocked by the gate. It seems like he get off from berating his own wife as well as taxi drivers. Pretty ironic that he was standing over his puking wife calling her a drama queen since he is the biggest drama queen himself.

I'm disappointed that Hera and Gus didn't do the water polo challenge. It would have been pure comedy to see Gus's olympian physique in one of those little Speedo swimsuits.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 07:22:28 PM »

I think Jonathan is absolutely hilarious to watch on television, but I have to wonder why Victoria clings to that relationship.  Same goes for Rebecca and Adam -- there *must* be some self-esteem issues at play for her to continue stringing along someone as needy, whiny, and melodramatic as Adam.

"Do you want me to jump on the train tracks, Rebecca?  'Cause that's what I'll do if it'll make you happy!  I'm sorry, Rebecca, I'm *so* sorry!  God, it's KILLING[/i] me that you're mad at me!!!"

Ugh.

-Autistic Angel
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 08:37:17 PM »

I discovered why I never watch these shows last night during the "eating spicy soup" thing.

We were at a friend's house trying to figure out what to do, and she had The Amazing Race on. After the one guy barfed in his bowl and then ate it anyway I told her if she didn't change the channel I was just going to get up and leave.

What the hell is the draw to watching that?

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 08:42:45 PM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"
I think Jonathan is absolutely hilarious to watch on television, but I have to wonder why Victoria clings to that relationship.

So you didn't see the intro part of the first episode where they showed Jonathon driving the Ferrari? I think it's clear why she is with him. slywink

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 09:04:12 PM »

Jonathan's wife is a former Playboy playmate, so I think she's probably used to being treated worse, hehe.

Jonathan IS nicer to everyone else, I was shocked, SHOCKED I say, when he tried to be the reasonable one and calm down that dude who got hit by the gate.  You know you're in trouble when Jonathan is trying to tell YOU to relax.

Hayden is hot, imo the hottest AR contestant since Emily from AR 1.  

I was sure the 'models' would ace that eating thing, since I'm sure they are used to scarf n barf, but I was wrong.

One question: It seemed to me that every team was supposed to ride that tram up the hill. Did I misunderstand that or was that optional?  I don't recall seeing Kendra and her bf use that tram.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 09:28:15 PM »

Jonathan needs to be taken to a remote spot in Africa and slowly eaten by a big snake. This guy is a pure jerk.

It's always the nice ones that get canned, so we should expect to see Jonathan at the end getting the money (that he doesn't need).

There are some very nice looking women on this season! I noticed a distinct lack of low cut tops this week - what gives??

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 09:58:34 PM »

Johnathon might be the biggest jerk to ever live.  How about when he hit his wife because she was carrying his back pack to the finish line.  I'm not sure what pisses me off more, listening to him or watching her continue to put up with it.

Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 12:37:27 AM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
One question: It seemed to me that every team was supposed to ride that tram up the hill. Did I misunderstand that or was that optional?  I don't recall seeing Kendra and her bf use that tram.

Yes, taking the tram up the hill was optional. Freddy and Kendra walked up the hill instead of taking the tram and were the second to last team to check in at the pit stop. Gus and Hera took the tram and the producers edited the end to make it seem like they were in a neck in neck race with Freddy/Kendra for the last spot, but I think Gus and Hera got there much later than it was portrayed.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 12:46:40 AM »

Quote from: "Jimmy the Fish"
Gus and Hera took the tram and the producers
edited the end to make it seem like they were in a neck in neck race with Freddy/Kendra for the last spot, but I think Gus and Hera got there much later than it was portrayed.

Yah they do that all the time and it bugs the hell out of me Tongue

belfong
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2005, 10:52:18 AM »

In my opinion, the gap in the Detour is too big. It becomes a "choose the correct Detour" to win. Instead of getting a chance, whoever chooses the rubber boat detour would have lost the instant. Poor Gus and Hera.

What I'd like to see is a balance. I guess if they make them score 5 over the water polo challenge, it would have make more sense.

Jonathan sucks... but he's entertainment - "which part of "get hold of the cab" you don't understand?" or "that's why women can't rule the world." I bet he can't get laid after this AR! LOLZ!

Btw, I am hoping that Kris and John will win. They are the best couple so far. I believe I have not seen any bickering!
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2005, 05:58:04 PM »

Kris and John have the absolute best attitude playing the game. They don't get stressed out and bicker. They really enjoy each other's company. They manage to appreciate the places they go and things they see, and they still remain competitive and focused on the race. Jonathan and Victoria should learn from them that you can compete without being a bunch of whiney, screaming idiots.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2005, 08:26:23 PM »

Everyone chant with me: Jonathan and Victoria will get the axe tonight!!!!

Thank you for your support.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: