http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 09:14:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All in Texas Get Ready...Rita is Cat5 Now  (Read 4409 times)
AgtFox
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 21, 2005, 08:57:47 PM »

I know we have a lot of Texas people here, but I'm not sure where they are all located.  I'm sure all of our prayers will be with you as Rita gets closer.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 09:24:52 PM »

WOW!! It was Cat 2 last night!! Good god. I really am curious wtf is causing this epedimic of hurricanes. TX CGers, we are thinking about you. Please be smart and get the hell out of the way of the hurricane.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 09:28:18 PM »

Life is going to be really interesting around here this weekend as a bunch of Houstonions are already heading north to the Dallas area. I need to talk to my aunt and uncle who live in Houston and make sure they either got out or are in the process of it. When someone asked me earlier where in the gulf Rita was, I had to reply "It IS the gulf." The closer it gets to land, the shallower and warmer the water is, so it has nothing between it's current position and landfall except pure hurricane fuel.

Fun times.

/battons down hatches

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Blonco
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 09:32:55 PM »

I'm in San Antonio and my guard unit already has picked folks to go in right after to help out.  Medics and Cops first and then they will see if they need some more ground pounders.  We are expecting heavy rains and 100 mph winds here after it makes land fall.  Any CGers on the coast be careful and get the "F" out of there!

You're going to hell with gasoline pants on!
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 10:12:58 PM »

I'm still wondering how much of this is solidly grounded fear of this particular hurricane, and how much of it is ungrounded fear based solely on memory of news coverage from New Orleans.

That being said, any friends or relatives that need a place to stay this weekend have one.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 10:51:22 PM »

Be safe, please.

TheMissingLink on PSN
unbreakable
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 10:55:53 PM »

At least we can all take comfort in the fact that global warming does not exist.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 11:00:44 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
At least we can all take comfort in the fact that global warming does not exist.

Ahh, but global warming is a melting of the ice caps, no? So if the melting of the ice caps causes cold water to flow south, and hurricanes need warm water for fuel, wouldn't global warming actually decrease the powers of a hurricane? Bear in mind, I'm no meteorologist. smile

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
unbreakable
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 11:05:23 PM »

No.  Global warming is not exactly a temperature increase, it is energy added to a system (heat is a form of energy).

Hurricanes, tornadoes, etc, and even high winds, are all caused by a temperature difference, not by a high or low temperature.  But add more energy, and the storms become worse.  Just take a look at Venus.

What is needed is a way to decrease that energy, which is what the ice shelves and glaciers did.  Back when they still existed, I mean.  More heat means less ice, which means less cooling, which means more heat, and so on.

Not that any of this matters, since our philosopher king proclaimed all this as junk science.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 11:14:27 PM »

Its just god out to get every last one of those NO sinners that fled to Texas...thats if you listen to the evangelists hehe.  biggrin   :roll:

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
The General
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 12:57:05 AM »

Oh man, here we go again with alll that stupid global warming crap. There is no such thing yall, global warming does not exist. And i am really getting sick of hearing about it.  :x

Anyway, its at 5 now. For those who can leave, my prayers are with you, for those who cant leave, my prayers are with you. Nevertheless, do not worry and keep ya faith and look for better days.

Why are you trying to make fun of me?
You think it's funny?
What the ____ you think you're doing to me?
You take your turn lashing out at me.
I want you crying with your dirty ass in front of me - K.O.R.N.

* The World Aint Knowing "
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 01:05:22 AM »

Quote from: "The General"
Oh man, here we go again with alll that stupid global warming crap. There is no such thing yall, global warming does not exist. And i am really getting sick of hearing about it.  :x

Anyway, its at 5 now. For those who can leave, my prayers are with you, for those who cant leave, my prayers are with you. Nevertheless, do not worry and keep ya faith and look for better days.

Don't worry? Are you kidding me?
Rhinohelix
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 01:14:06 AM »

Its actually just the 30 year upswing.  1944(51)-1974 upswing, 1974-2004 downswing, 2004-?? upswing.

Rhino

Dance with the Devil and the Devil doesn't change.  The Devil changes you.
The General
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 01:26:39 AM »

Quote from: "Calvin"

Don't worry? Are you kidding me?

I see you fail to quote the other 2 parts.  :roll: And no, i am not kidding. I think paul said it best.  I cant remember which scripture is it, but its in connection with the " Do not worry part " . Its a very good scripture that i think everyone in this world should pay close attention too.

So if i was out there and a powerful storm was heading towards me or where i lived, i wouldnt worry one bit. The things that we are a witness to in this world, is not directly in our hands, so why should we worry about something that could harm us, if we all stay close to the creator of this world?

In other words, Satan is busy, but he cant win.  The world is busy too, but the world cant win.

:wink:

You think it's funny?

Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005, 01:27:38 AM »

No.  Global warming is not exactly a temperature increase, it is energy added to a system (heat is a form of energy).

Hurricanes, tornadoes, etc, and even high winds, are all caused by a temperature difference, not by a high or low temperature.  But add more energy, and the storms become worse.  Just take a look at Venus.

What is needed is a way to decrease that energy, which is what the ice shelves and glaciers did.  Back when they still existed, I mean.  More heat means less ice, which means less cooling, which means more heat, and so on.

Not that any of this matters, since our philosopher king proclaimed all this as junk science.

Answer me this then:  If Global Warming exists, explain how the ground temperature in New York City is trending up (http://climvis.ncdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/cag3/hr-display3.pl) while the ground temperature in Albany, NY (less than 200 miles away) is trending -flat- (actually, slightly down) during that same period? (http://climvis.ncdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/cag3/hr-display3.pl)
(All using August data)

Here's another one:  Lewiston, ID (trending up about 2 degrees in 110 years, annual data) (http://climvis.ncdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/cag3/hr-display3.pl) and Spokane, WA (trending flat to half a degree up in the same time, also annual data) (http://climvis.ncdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/cag3/hr-display3.pl)

Hrm.  Looks like the data on Noaa.gov is using table, so links don't work, but hey, here's the main link itself:  http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/cag3/cag3.html

Take a read at Michael Crichton's novel "State of Fear".  His characters make a pretty solid stand -against- global warming, and Crichton did a lot of research into the matter.  First fiction novel I've seen with a bibliography.

The fact is, we don't know a lot about climate or the environment.  We're trying to dictate what nature is doing, when we can't predict totally what nature is going to do.  Same goes for the environment.  We're trying to protect something we don't fully understand.

I'm not saying that global warming -may not- be happening.  I'm saying that there's conflicting data, and we just -don't know- the truth.

NOW:

With all that being said, I'm about 200 miles NNW of Houston, about 120 miles SSE of Dallas, so I'm right in the projected path.  I'm going to hold tight (I don't have the money to go anywhere, honestly, and can't afford to leave work right now).  Granted, this may change over the next 48 hours.
The General
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 01:29:19 AM »

All this science talk is making my brain hurt. Baby u2k cries now.  :cry:

You think it's funny?

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 01:36:04 AM »

All this science talk is making my brain hurt. Baby u2k cries now.  :cry:
Good. Keep it up guys.
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2005, 02:18:46 AM »

Sheesh, this thread went down fast.

Up here in Michigan, the Red Cross is already getting volunteers to go down to help with the cleanup, should any be needed.  Good luck you guys down there, and get away sooner rather than later.
unbreakable
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2005, 03:12:03 AM »

Quote from: "Zarkon"
Answer me this then:  If Global Warming exists, explain how the ground temperature in New York City is trending up (http://climvis.ncdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/cag3/hr-display3.pl) while the ground temperature in Albany, NY (less than 200 miles away) is trending -flat- (actually, slightly down) during that same period? (http://climvis.ncdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/cag3/hr-display3.pl)
(All using August data)

I cant speak authoritatively, since I'm not a scientist, but I would guess urban sprawl combined with increased vehicle usage.  I would look at the population trends for that area just prior to that time frame.  I would also see if Albany started any reforestation projects: such a program worked well near the Great Wall of China, and had a significant effect upon the region.

Here's another one:  Lewiston, ID (trending up about 2 degrees in 110 years, annual data) (http://climvis.ncdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/cag3/hr-display3.pl) and Spokane, WA (trending flat to half a degree up in the same time, also annual data) (http://climvis.ncdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/cag3/hr-display3.pl)

Hrm.  Looks like the data on Noaa.gov is using table, so links don't work, but hey, here's the main link itself:  http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/cag3/cag3.html

As I said, it's pretty hard to draw a conclusion from only one piece of data.  If we look at just the amount of bandwidth sent from this whole site, it doesn't help you determine how many people are members of the forum.

Take a read at Michael Crichton's novel "State of Fear".  His characters make a pretty solid stand -against- global warming, and Crichton did a lot of research into the matter.  First fiction novel I've seen with a bibliography.

Um.  Yeah.  He did a lot of research for Jurassic Park as well.  I don't see any dinos in my neighborhood.  And all the Crichton novels I've read had a bibliography, or were based on much research (even Eaters of the Dead).

The fact is, we don't know a lot about climate or the environment.  We're trying to dictate what nature is doing, when we can't predict totally what nature is going to do.  Same goes for the environment.  We're trying to protect something we don't fully understand.

That's why I tend to listen to climatologists.  They seem to understand it far better than 'we' do, and they have been pretty united on global warming being a reality for decades.  Just because you have studies purchased by the oil companies (or better yet, paid for by the Bush administration and using cooked data, as has already been reported many times) does not change that.

Spin 1, Reality 0

But that's ok, Reality always wins in the last inning.

I'm not saying that global warming -may not- be happening.  I'm saying that there's conflicting data, and we just -don't know- the truth.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that was their whole intention.

NOW:

With all that being said, I'm about 200 miles NNW of Houston, about 120 miles SSE of Dallas, so I'm right in the projected path.  I'm going to hold tight (I don't have the money to go anywhere, honestly, and can't afford to leave work right now).  Granted, this may change over the next 48 hours.

Best of luck to you.  Be safe.
QWAYVE
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2005, 03:58:02 AM »

As a resident of South Florida and having been through Andrew and gone through Katrina when she was still a Cat1,  I pray everyone gets out safely and the damage is as minimal as possible under the circumstances.

A strong hurricane is a horrific thing to experience. Roof shaking, transformers popping and glowing,rain and wind sounding like a freight train,No power, no water, stifling heat, boats in trees, ... fortunately she can't stay a 5 for long....

Be safe.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2005, 04:18:56 AM »

Too much Bible rots your brain... or maybe it makes you go blind.  But I think that is only if you read it with the lights off.

To the on topic part, Good luck Texas, hopefully everyone will be alright.  So Houston is going to get hit?  Kind of ironic that the Super Dome evacuees were moved to the Astro Dome.  So who in the gulf went and pissed off God anyway?  Maybe terrorists figured out how to control weather.  Our largest oil producing states getting hammered by cat 5 hurricanes twice in the same season is just not right.  Ok, I've been listening to waaaaay too much Coast to Coast AM.

Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2005, 04:20:13 AM »

Hurricanes come in cycles... usually 30-40 years of relative calm, followed by 30-40 years of stronger and more frequent storms.  We're simply entering the more frequent cycle.  Global warming (if it exists) really has nothing to do with it
The General
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2005, 05:45:29 AM »

Doing a little search in google , says global warning has something do with the climate changing. But again, scientist is wrong and they dont know a damn thing. Because in all truth, GOD is in direct control of everything dealing with his foundation, this goes with the earth and the heavens and the heavenly bodies and global warning does not exist.

Science and scientist is a joke.  :x

But hey, what do i know right?

You think it's funny?

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2005, 05:59:11 AM »

Because in all truth, GOD is in direct control of everything dealing with his foundation, this goes with the earth and the heavens and the heavenly bodies and global warning does not exist.

Science and scientist is a joke.  :x

But hey, what do i know right?

Right.

TheMissingLink on PSN
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2005, 06:01:19 AM »

<swats gnat away>

Hey all!  This Houstonian got the fuck outta dodge!  I am typing this on my laptop in San Antonio!  I will probably have a lot of spare time on my hands these next few days.

Good thing I brought my Xbox.... unibrow

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2005, 06:05:46 AM »

Cant we ban him now? Im glad you got out Foolio. Please guys, don't be heroes. Your possessions are NOT worth your lives!
The General
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2005, 06:34:02 AM »

I'm not doing anything against the forum rules. I make sure of that everything i start to roll onto a different forum. I dont get banned by breaking any of the forum rules, i get banned because people either dont like what i'm saying or they think i am trolling , which i am not.

If people can come in this thread and talk about global warning, i should be able to come in here and discuss how global warning does not exist.

You think it's funny?

depward

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2005, 06:52:06 AM »

If people can come in this thread and talk about global warning, i should be able to come in here and discuss how global warning does not exist.

I think you're incredibly misinformed if you don't think global warming exists.

Please, keep God and your religious rhetoric out of the conversation.  You call science and scientists a "joke", huh?  What if I were to call your religious beliefs and your idea of a God a "joke"?  I'm not saying that it is, but please, think about that before you start calling what others believe a "joke."

Anyways, back to the topic at hand - good luck Texas.  Hope everything goes OK.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
The General
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2005, 07:39:47 AM »

Quote from: "depward"

Actually i am not misinformed, but i guess thats your views.

Please, keep God and your religious rhetoric out of the conversation.

This is not my forum, so i respect that. But if this was on the streets, i wouldnt pay you any mind and i wll talk about whoever i want to talk about at anytime of the day or night or hour.

You call science and scientists a "joke", huh?  What if I were to call your religious beliefs and your idea of a God a "joke"?

I wouldnt care one bit, alot of things in this world dont seem to bother me anymore, like it use to do when i was younger. When someone gets older, they get more wiser and they gain a great understanding of this world and the things in this world, even tho at a young age someone can understand the rules of reality and this world.

I'm not saying that it is, but please, think about that before you start calling what others believe a "joke."

Well again, this is not my forum. So i respect what you said and i respect Knightshade views as well. So if you dont want me talking about this and that ( the subject at hand) then i wont discuss those issues anymore. And i aint the type of person to take back what i said, because before i speak, i actually think , thus what i said, i meant.

Nevertheless, i hope that everyone here stays safe, and again never worry about the things that none of us can control - The General[/i]

You think it's funny?

warning

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2005, 11:21:01 AM »

Oh I exist baby.  I'm worldwide.

And welcome to my signature.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2005, 01:14:15 PM »

Please, keep God and your religious rhetoric out of the conversation.  You call science and scientists a "joke", huh?  What if I were to call your religious beliefs and your idea of a God a "joke"?  I'm not saying that it is, but please, think about that before you start calling what others believe a "joke."

Anyways, back to the topic at hand - good luck Texas.  Hope everything goes OK.

Not to change the subject, and as much as I hate agreeing with The General....I don't completely buy into Global Warming either.  I repeat:  We don't know enough about the enivornment to be an expert at all.  That includes scientists and climatologists.  Remember, 50 years ago, smoking was a good thing.  Less time than that ago, spending lots of time in the sun was fine and dandy.  Red meat went from good to bad to good again, as did eggs (in certain amounts).  

We, as a species, are making semi-educated guesses at things and patting ourselves on the backs and proclaiming how smart we are.

To be honest, it dosen't sound too much like how everyone -knew- that the world was flat and that the Sun revolved around the Earth.

And if we're going to say that NOAA.gov is purchased by oil interests then we can't believe -anyone-, honestly, because for all we know the people talking about global warming are paid off by the environmentalists, right?

With all that said, let's leave personal attacks out of it.  The General's got every right to believe whatever he want.  That being said, General, you might want to keep religion out of it, and the rest of us should keep politics out of it. smile

Me?  I'm preparing to get the fuck blown out of me this weekend.  Damn Rita's coming right over my head per the current forecasts and is expected to still be a Cat 1 when the eye makes its way 200+ miles inland, and we're expecting 20+ inches of rain.  Shitloads of flooding, shitloads of wind, shitloads of tornados.  

Yay Texas.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2005, 01:23:26 PM »

On another note, for those of you who are interested in keeping up with the hurricane, and any tropical weather for that matter.  These two blogs absolutely rock, as does the website where they are hosted:

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/show.html
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/SteveGregory/show.html

SEPT 22 / 1:25AM CDT

RECON Report - 898mb - Max FLT LVL Wind 165Kts (175mph sustained surface) and the following comments from the crew:

FREQUENT LIGHTNING
MODERATE TURBULENCE IN EYEWALL
EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE STADIUM EFFECT IN MOONLIGHT

SG

SEPT 21, 2005 / 11:10 PM CDT

EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CATEGORY 5 - 3rd STRONGEST ON RECORD
MATAGORDA TO GALVESTON IN NOON SATURDAY
POTENTIAL FOR CATASTROPHIC DAMAGE
One of the most, if not the most, intense hurricanes ever recorded in the Gulf of Mexico, Rita's last reported central pressure
was last measured at 897mb. However, in the past 3 hours since that observation, satellite imagery indicates the convection
has increased further, and the subsidence in the eye has likewise intensified. It is very likely the next RECON will find a
lower central pressure. Estimated sustained surface winds are now 175mph, with gusts to 200mph -- equal to or
greater than that recorded in Katrina or Camille. With additional intensification still possible - wind gusts of
210mph may be experienced at the surface.

The storm is located near 24.6N /87.5W - or about 560 miles southeast of Galveston, TX. The storm is moving
280° at 8Kts and will continue on this track for the next 24 hours.

Satellite imagery depicts what is now intuitively obvious -- 'The Perfect Storm' -- and it is hard to imagine that
the storm can get any stronger -- but there is no particular reason for it weaken unless an eye wall replacement
cycle -should begin -- though there are not indications that is imminent. The storm is still over the very warm loop
current, and will be for another 8-10 hours. Once the storm moves away from the loop current, some slight
weakening should occur, but the storm will remain a strong CAT 5 Hurricane for probably another 24-48 hours.
The storm continues to grow in size, with sustained gale force winds extending 180NM from the center in the
northern semi-circle.

Ocean swells to 12 feet have now reached the north and northeast Gulf coast, and will reach the Texas coast by
morning. Ocean wave models indicate that sea height of 80ft or greater are being generated near the
storm's eyewall.

The latest model runs remain very tightly clustered along the coast of Texas, and have shifted a bit more
to the north ... with the consensus showing landfall near Freeport -- about 30 miles to the SW of Galveston.
The shift by the models is supported and consistent with the initialization data for the location and strength of the
strong, but now weakening High Pressure ridge over the Gulf coast states. This ridge is forecast to
weaken further and drift eastward during the next 48-72 hours, and will allow Rita to begin heading more
northwestward starting in about 24-36 hours, and then taking a NNW track for during the final 18-24 hours
prior to landfall. The storm's forward motion of 10Kts is not expected to change, and as long as it maintains
a forward motion in excess of 10Kts -- no appreciable weakening due to upwelling of cooler sub-surface waters
seems likely. What may support weakening prior to landfall is some increased shear to the northwest of the
storm as it approaches the coast -- and some weakening in the outflow channels. .

Rita could reach the coast as a CAT 5 hurricane, though a strong CAT 4 seems most probable.. But even if the
storm does weaken for any one of the above reasons -- with eye wall replacement being the most probable --
there is no doubt that a CAT 5 Storm Surge will hit the coast. With the still expanding and intensifying
circulation field -- the storm may produce a CAT 5 storm surge for a 60-80 mile stretch of coast line from near
the point of landfall and extending to the northeast.

A tidal surge of 3-5 feet is expected to reach across to the eastern portions of the Louisiana coast, with
a 4-8 ft surge from Marsh Island westward to Port Arthur - and then increasing to 20 feet or more from near
Galveston to Freeport

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2005, 02:09:26 PM »

Quote from: "Zarkon"
Me?  I'm preparing to get the fuck blown out of me this weekend.  Rita's coming over...

For a second there, your weekend almost sounded enviable.  :wink:

Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2005, 02:15:31 PM »

Don't get me started.   unibrow
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2005, 02:19:22 PM »

Science and scientist is a joke.  

You know, without science there would be no Dreamcast.  :shock:
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2005, 03:23:30 PM »

Well, that's just one theory.  We can't really prove one way or the other whether the Dreamcast was inspired by the Divine Creator, so I support the idea that schools should expose our children to every school of thought equally.

-Autistic Angel
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2005, 04:27:13 PM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"

Well, that's just one theory.  We can't really prove one way or the other whether the Dreamcast was inspired by the Divine Creator, so I support the idea that schools should expose our children to every school of thought equally.

-Autistic Angel

So you're saying it's alright to teach our children about religion in schools since God is a Sega fan? :twisted:

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2005, 04:34:06 PM »

Dreamcast's abbreviation is DC.  Divine Creation starts with DC.  Coincidence?

Maybe we truly don't be knowin' after all...

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2005, 04:40:13 PM »

Quote from: "CrayolaSmoker"

Dreamcast's abbreviation is DC.  Divine Creation starts with DC.  Coincidence?

Maybe we truly don't be knowin' after all...

Oooooh, I think "you becoming more wiser" every day!

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2005, 04:46:25 PM »

If "DC" stands for "Divine Creator" and we then apply it to "DC" Comics, how do you explain Aquaman? No self-respecting Deity would lay claim to that.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: