http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 10:34:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Prometheus (previously Alien the Prequel)  (Read 17989 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2009, 03:14:08 AM »

cause we all really wanted to know how the derelict ship really got there for the Nostromo to find, right?  personally, I'd like an Aliens 2, with space marines and tons of Aliens than a movie that tells me how the dead guy in a chair got there.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 04:41:48 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 04:30:55 AM »

Lovely. It seems there's no one with half a sense who can come with a good 'Alien' movie. There's one major problem with this prequel idea--The 'Space Jockey' was an alien race to begin with. There are no humans involved in the Alien origin story. It's all unknown and should be left as such.

Why not fucking make the movie that should've been made years ago.. and that is--The damn aliens make it to earth!! And it's war!! Seriously, just make *that* movie and you got my 10 bucks. Hell, I'll direct it.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 07:20:38 AM »

*sigh* yet ANOTHER one to file under "hollywood is an inbred nepotistic paradise with absolutely NO talent or creativity left"
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 07:24:35 AM »

I'm on the wait and see bandwagon. Could be good, else why would they wanna make it?

The franchise is fun, if somewhat cheesy at times, and the last few movies werent really that great, but entertaining nonetheless. I'm sure this will fall into the same catagory

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 07:46:59 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 30, 2009, 07:24:35 AM

I'm on the wait and see bandwagon. Could be good, else why would they wanna make it?

The franchise is fun, if somewhat cheesy at times, and the last few movies werent really that great, but entertaining nonetheless. I'm sure this will fall into the same catagory

see Batman & Robin.

Because I can,
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 09:04:22 AM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on May 30, 2009, 04:30:55 AM

There's one major problem with this prequel idea--The 'Space Jockey' was an alien race to begin with. There are no humans involved in the Alien origin story. It's all unknown and should be left as such.

BINGO!  That, right there, is why I am not exactly pleased with this news.

Quote from: Razgon on May 30, 2009, 07:24:35 AM

Could be good, else why would they wanna make it?

Well, I think...I think...there might be some money in it for them... icon_razz

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 09:06:24 AM »

so, bad movies makes more money than a good movie?  ninja

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 09:08:29 AM »

Very often, yes.

Steam profile
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 09:09:38 AM »

hmm,i think i am with PR_GMR on this one,its better left unknown about the Derelict ship and Space Jockey,it had also been there for 1000s of years hadn't it?,before John Hurt came along and stuck his nose into those eggs

i remember Alien 4 was first gonna be Lance Henrikson's character(the evil one) in search of the original Alien planet...that was before they managed to get Siggsy Weaver back

Alien and Aliens are like two sides of the same coin,both great films..one for suspense,one for action...they should of left it as that,and that goes for the Alien Vs Predator movies as well,A Vs P just didnt do it for me

EDIT:i will add that at least they have Tony and Ridley Scott...that counts for something
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 09:12:50 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 06:31:32 PM »

How long before this gets a reboot?

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 06:42:11 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on May 30, 2009, 06:31:32 PM

How long before this gets a reboot?

the new prequel?! LOL!  icon_biggrin

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 08:24:18 PM »

if Alien was called Alien and Aliens was called Aliens,does that mean this prequel will be called 'Alie'  Tongue

Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 03:02:47 AM »

For Razgon:
Godfather 3
Caddyshack 2
Blues Brothers 2000
Karate Kid 2,3, next etc
Teen Wolf Too
Jaws 2, 3, etc
Shaft in Africa
and of course...Star Wars Episode 1, 2, & 3

Were you saying something raz?  Tongue

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 06:48:14 AM »

Quote from: Big Jake on May 31, 2009, 03:02:47 AM

For Razgon:
Godfather 3
Caddyshack 2
Blues Brothers 2000
Karate Kid 2,3, next etc
Teen Wolf Too
Jaws 2, 3, etc
Shaft in Africa
and of course...Star Wars Episode 1, 2, & 3

Were you saying something raz?  Tongue

I'm assuming here you mean they made a lot of money? :-D but yeah, I get the point. The thing is, wouldnt a good movie make more money? Also, Ridley and Tony Scott arent bad craftsmen at what they do, so why waste their talent on something they dont believe in?
Bad reputation for a director isnt a very good thing, when it comes to making money in Hollywood, as I understand it :-)

Anyways, we'll see...in 4-5 years or so I guess ;-)

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 10:33:35 AM »

Confirmed:

http://www.collider.com/2009/05/29/exclusive-tony-scott-confirms-carl-rinsch-is-directing-alien-and-its-a-prequel/

A few days ago, Bloody-Disgusting reported that 20th century Fox was going to remake “Alien” and director Carl Rinsch would be helming the movie. Immediately fandom exploded with venom. I think one of the main reasons is that the original is a classic, and 20th Century Fox hasn’t been making films of that caliber recently.

So at today’s junket for Tony Scott’s new film “The Taking of Pelham 123″, I went up Tony after the press conference ended to ask him what was up with the remake.

The big news is he confirmed Carl Rinsch would be directing it and that it’s a prequel to his brother Ridley’s classic!

What Tony told me is after the jump:

Collider: 20th Century Fox is talking about remaking or redoing the original Alien. What’s going on with that?

Tony Scott: Yes, Carl Rinsch is going to do the prequel to Alien. He’s one of our directors at our company.

Collider: I’m going to be blunt about this. Fox has not been doing a great job recently with their movies.  They haven’t been an artist friendly studio. Are you guys going to have some creative control and make this a kick-ass film?

Tony: Yes! But Fox is our home. They finace our production company.

Collider: And I’m very happy that you guys have the financing. But a lot of the films they’ve been doing at the studio level, they’ve been nickel and diming and not giving fandom what they want. So I guess my question for you is…are you a little nervous about reengaging the franchise or are you excited.

Tony: I’m excited cause Ridley created the original and Carl Rinsch is one of the family.

Collider: When do you envision this film getting in front of cameras?

Tony: Hopefully the end of the year.

Collider: Will it be a summer of 2011 movie?

Tony: Honestly, I don’t know.

While I wish I could give you more info, I only had moments to talk with him. Look for more “Alien” info as I get it.

I'm quite interested in this, but..2011?? Thats very very soon!

btw, I was sure that Tony was Ridleys son for some reason...go figure

A new one
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 06:23:31 PM »

I'm not going to dismiss it out of hand. But Ridley is only as good as the screenplay really. It could be the Ridley of Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, Thelma and Louise, Kingdom of Heaven, Black Hawk Down (that's a pretty amazing variety of work right there); it could just as easily be the Ridley of Legend, Hannibal, G.I. Jane, White Squall etc. (not necessarily disasters, but I don't think people highlight those as his best work).

I'm eager to see how his reunion with Crowe on Robin Hood works out.

I was confused when I read the Variety piece, as I've been reading about an Aliens-related project where Ridley was only a "consultant" or "executive producer" and some young gun was tackling it as director (but Fox insisted that Ridley direct it). I'm assuming this is something different, but I'm not certain.

I'd be more excited if James Cameron was re-visiting Aliens (we'll have to settle for Avatar) and we could just pretend the #3-5 Alien films and AvP never existed.  icon_razz I read once Cameron give a fairly disgruntled aside about Alien 3, saying "that's not the Alien 3 I would have made" and basically saying he wouldn't have thrown away Michael Biehn's (Hicks) and Carrie Henn's (Newt) characters haphazardly as Fincher's film did.

The Dark Horse comics (which I read for a time about 20 years ago) did far more interesting things with the characters then the folllow up films did, imho.

I agree I don't really see the point of an Alien prequel. I could maybe see the point of an Aliens prequel that looked closer at what happened to the colony (which is hinted at in the extended-cut version of Aliens).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 06:28:16 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 06:27:36 PM »

#3-5 Alien films?

In what world are you living in?  There's only been 4 Alien films.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 06:28:59 PM »

I live in the future. The 5th film sucked so bad, I've already posted about it. icon_lol

If you want to split hairs, I consider the mediocre Aliens vs. Predator film a 5th Alien film even if it's officially considered a separate "cross over" franchise.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 06:31:13 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 06:32:34 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 31, 2009, 06:28:59 PM

I live in the future. The 5th film sucked so bad, I've already posted about it. icon_lol

If you want to split hairs, I consider the mediocre Aliens vs. Predator film a 5th Alien film even if it's officially considered a separate "cross over" franchise.

But that would make your "#3-5 Alien films and AvP" comment inaccurate.  Tongue

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 07:06:35 PM »

It'll be a fucking cold day in hell before I consider AvP anything to do with Alien canon. disgust

Steam profile
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 07:27:10 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 08, 2009, 10:33:35 AM

btw, I was sure that Tony was Ridleys son for some reason...go figure

they had a third brother,but he died of Cancer just before Ridley started on Blade runner,it has often been said it may of been a factor as to why there was tension on the set and Ridley was a twat to work with,i just watched the 3 and a half hour making of Blade Runner(dangerous days)yesterday

both Ridley and Tony threw themselves into their work...Ridley directed 'BladeRunner' while Tony Directed 'The Hunger'(after wanting to do Interview with the Vampire,but MGM didnt)

OFF TOPIC:funnily enough both Ridley Scotts next film after Blade Runner and Tony Scotts next film after The Hunger both starred Tom Cruise...Ridley-Legend(1985)..and Tony-Top Gun(1986)..funny actually because i am sure the two of them weren't talking to each other at that time and didn't make up until 1994-5(so i heard)

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 09:12:28 PM »

I would've liked to see an Alien prequel that focused on someone discovering their homeworld and history.  Barring that, I would've liked to see a sequel dealing with Ripley's cat returning to earth in the late 70's via a wormhole and becoming the basis for Disney's The Cat from Outer Space.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 05:23:00 PM »

if they make it a different take on the whole alien one aspect where a research ship finds the space hulk and then has their own survival/destruction story ala alien with the ending being crashlanding the hulk onto the planet, then it could be good, if a bit trite. 

or they could rehash alien 4 with a research ship working on the alien as a weapon and stupidly let it loose. 

really though, it will be interesting to see if they can come up with a story not too similar to the other movies.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009, 07:11:49 PM »

Quote from: Caine on August 01, 2009, 05:23:00 PM

really though, it will be interesting to see if they can come up with a story not too similar to the other movies.

maybe they can make the aliens appear to be misunderstood, that where they came from biting you in the face and impregnating you is actually the equivalent of saying  'hey, how are you doing?  how's the wife and kids?'.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2009, 07:40:40 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 01, 2009, 07:11:49 PM

maybe they can make the aliens appear to be misunderstood, that where they came from biting you in the face and impregnating you is actually the equivalent of saying  'hey, how are you doing?  how's the wife and kids?'.

play this in your head with the family guy bit.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 06:01:01 PM »

I hadn't read the Variety piece on this until just now:

'Alien' prequel takes off
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118006722.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&ref=bd_film
Spaihts has become a go-to-guy for space thrillers. After Keanu Reeves became attached to his Warner Bros. sci-fi script "Shadow 19," Reeves hired Spaihts to write the space journey epic "Passengers," which is berthed at Morgan Creek. That script got Spaihts the meeting with Fox and Scott Free, and he won the job with an "Alien" reboot take that the studio and Scott loved.

Fox has separately hired him to rewrite "The Darkest Hour," which Timur Bekmambetov to produce with Tom Jacobson. Spaihts is writing "Children of Mars" for Disney and Scott Rudin, and he will follow by rewriting "St. George and the Dragon" for Sony and Red Wagon.
The only problem I see, is so far this "screenwriter du jour" has nothing that you can actually view and see if he deserves all this sudden studio interest or if he's just "flavor of the month" material.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3123612/
Obviously, he makes "great pitches."

Then again, Dan O'Bannon didn't make into the screenwriters hall of fame after Alien. He'll probably get some sort of "characters created by" credit for the prequel.  And James Cameron had only The Terminator and Rambo II to his credit, but you could at least see that he demonstrated some "chops."

So I guess one can look at it half full (the best films in the series were written by guys with very little track record to speak of) or half empty (he has no produced screenplays to his credit, and the fact his pitches "wow" directors and studio execs doesn't prove an audience will feel the same way).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 06:02:33 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 08:06:51 PM »

i read that first line of the quote..and my heart sank for a second as i thought Keanu Reeves had signed on to the Alien Prequel

pheww...close call icon_biggrin

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 08:08:25 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 01, 2009, 07:11:49 PM

Based on the impregnating issue, shouldn't it be, "Hey, how's your wife and my kids?"   icon_wink

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 03:35:10 PM »

Ridley Scott  talks about the prequel.

Because I can,
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 03:47:59 PM »

I want an alien movie along the lines of Star Control. Theres a war out there and some aliens approach us to join with them to fight the enemy. They give us tech and teach us to build  ships of the line of our own style. While this is going on those of us who wish can join the aliens on their ships as crew and begin to learn whats going on. I could see a trilogy with that start.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 03:50:23 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 03, 2009, 08:06:51 PM

i read that first line of the quote..and my heart sank for a second as i thought Keanu Reeves had signed on to the Alien Prequel

pheww...close call icon_biggrin

what, you don't want to see him go 'Whoah' just before the Alien eats his face?

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 04:09:25 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 30, 2009, 09:06:24 AM

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 30, 2009, 09:08:29 AM

Very often, yes.

See Transformers.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 04:11:50 PM »

Quote from: Purge on April 23, 2010, 04:09:25 PM

Very often, yes.

See Transformers.

we get it Purge, you hate Christianity Transformers  Tongue

Because I can,
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 04:23:58 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 23, 2010, 04:11:50 PM

Very often, yes.

See Transformers.

we get it Purge, you hate Christianity Transformers  Tongue

Everybody should hate transformers.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 04:36:17 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 23, 2010, 03:35:10 PM

Ridley Scott  talks about the prequel.

Links are for pussies. -Ike

MTV: We're very excited about your return to the "Aliens" world — what's going on with it at this point?

Ridley Scott: As we speak, I've got a pile of pages next to me; it's like the fourth draft. It's a work in progress, but we're not dreaming it up anymore. We know what the story is. We're now actually trying to improve the three acts and make the characters better, build it up to something [we can shoot]. It's a work in progress, but we're actually making the film. There's no question about it, we're going to make the film.

MTV: Awesome.

Scott: Now it's a matter of, how good can I get the screenplay in the next few weeks so I can get a good ballpark figure of what it will cost. I've already got people working graphically on designs for the various requirements of the film.

MTV: Since this is a prequel, will you need to make the ships more primitive-looking than in "Alien"?

Scott: It's set in 2085, about 30 years before Sigourney [Weaver's character Ellen Ripley]. It's fundamentally about going out to find out 'Who the hell was that Space Jockey?' The guy who was sitting in the chair in the alien vehicle — there was a giant fellow sitting in a seat on what looked to be either a piece of technology or an astronomer's chair. Remember that?

MTV: Of course.

Scott: And our man [Tom Skerritt as Captain Dallas] climbs up and says "There's been an explosion in his chest from the inside out — what was that?" I'm basically explaining who that Space Jockey — we call him the Space Jockey — I'm explaining who the space jockeys were.

MTV: And is the Weyland-Yutani company in existence at this point?

Scott: It's Weyland. Weyland hasn't joined Yutani yet, so they go and see Weyland. [The film] is about the discussion of terraforming — taking planets and planetoids and balls of earth and trying to terraform, seed them with the possibilities of future life.

MTV: We know how obsessive "Alien" fans can get. Are you going to make a film that doesn't require having seen any of the other movies?

Scott: Totally. Yes. [People will still get it], because there's a lot of copying, dude.

MTV: There's a lot of copying of your movies.

Scott: There's a lot of homage. Is that the polite word? Homage? I call it something else. [Laughs.]

MTV: Will Sigourney Weaver have any participation at all?

Scott: It will be before she was born!

MTV: So not even a voice-over, explaining things? Nothing?

Scott: Well, the main character [in the prequel] will be a woman, yeah. We're thinking it could go down that route, yeah. When I started the original "Alien," Ripley wasn't a woman, it was a guy. During casting, we thought, "Why don't we make it a woman?"

MTV: So will you be creating new aliens for your prequel?

Scott: What you have to do is — were there four or five "Alien" films? I can't remember how many followed.

MTV: There were three after you, then the "Alien vs. Predator" nonsense.

Scott: Yeah, the thing about "Alien vs. Predator" is, I know it's commerce, but what a pity. I think, therefore, I have to design — or redesign — earlier versions of what these elements are that led to the thing you finally see in "Alien," which is the thing that catapults out of the egg, the face-hugger.

MTV: OK.

Scott: I don't want to repeat it. The alien in a sense, as a shape, is worn out.

MTV: Will you consult the original alien designer, H.R. Giger, on these ideas?

Scott: Yeah, he's still around. Once I get more serious and get going, and the big wheels start turning, we'll certainly talk. And maybe we'll come up with something completely different.

MTV: In your mind, when do cameras begin rolling on the film?

Scott: We're hoping to have it in theaters in late 2011, or maybe the best date in 2012.

MTV: Have you given any thought on how you'll feel when you walk on set that first time, how you'll deal with the déjà vu from 1979?

Scott: Yeah, it'll be weird, because I always said I'll never do a sequel. [Laughs.]

MTV: What made you change your mind?

Scott: Honestly? They've squeezed the franchise dry. The first one will always be the most frightening, because the beast we put together with Giger and all its parts — the face-hugger, the chest-burster, the egg — they were all totally original, and that's hard to follow. ... I've always avoided sequels, unless I felt there was something fresh.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 04:39:17 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 04:40:01 PM »

Quote from: Purge on April 23, 2010, 04:36:17 PM

so how'd you know what was there P-Daddy? Tongue

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010, 04:41:50 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 23, 2010, 04:11:50 PM

so, bad movies makes more money than a good movie?  ninja

Very often, yes.

See Transformers.

we get it Purge, you hate Christianity Transformers Organized Religion & Disorganized Re-imaginings  Tongue

FTFY.

Also, I wasn't harping; I was bringing the best of the worst out. If Ultraviolet had made huge bank, I would have used it instead. Also, The Matrix 2&3 were right there on the tip of my tongue.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010, 04:43:23 PM »

Quote from: Purge on April 23, 2010, 04:41:50 PM

Also, I wasn't harping;

didn't think you were, hence the smiley  icon_biggrin

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 04:45:22 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 23, 2010, 04:40:01 PM

Quote from: Purge on April 23, 2010, 04:36:17 PM

so how'd you know what was there P-Daddy? Tongue

I took one for the team, you insensitive brick.
Spoiler for a clue:
one of those letters is nmop-episdn ... figure it out slywink

Oh, and this is all in fun. smile I've had a crap day made worse by a demon from my past - I'm just a bit darker today.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 05:52:02 PM »

What I'd like to see them do is what the terrific Dark Horse comics did -- they did some great stories in comics around 1990 that started right off from where Aliens ended. Hicks coping with scarring from his acid burns, Bishop still around trying to piece himself together, Newt growing up as a teen, etc., the bunch of them almost forming this strange family of sorts.

Throwing out all those appealing characters from Aliens seemed like such a waste to me (though I understand Michael Biehn had no interest in reprising Hicks if Cameron wasn't involved).

I think they could easily blow off the 3rd and 4th movies altogether and just do something starting from the end of Aliens even now, obviously with different actors. It's pretty clear Cameron has no interest in re-visiting the Aliens characters himself, but I bet they could convince him to executive produce it and hire a young director he trusted with it (as with Peter Jackson producing on District 9).

Or hell, if they're already remaking Spider-Man less than 10 years after Raimi's film, why not just re-make the 24-year old Aliens? I still love the film, and I don't know if computer effects could match what Cameron, Stan Winston et all did in the mid 1980s, but they're remaking everything else anyway.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 05:55:39 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: