http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 09:17:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alias 1/26  (Read 794 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2005, 06:49:46 AM »

I haven't seen many Alias threads lately, but tonight's episode was too good not to be discussed.  The story was good, the interaction between Syd and Vaughan was better than it has been since the beginning, the show was both creepy and funny, and the scene in the car dealership was just perfect. Last week's episode was good too - hopefully, the show is back on track for good.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 03:12:46 PM »

I agree.  Last night's episode gave me hope.  It was fantastic.

Go Gunners...
BigRedCat
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 03:15:29 PM »

Back on track? It may be on a track, but it's a completely different one than it started on. As a viewer from day one, it was a moderately entertaining episode but it was simply a Buffy/Angel script shoehorned into Alias characters. Same for the next one, the Angel castoff writers trot out the good old 'character hallucinates and turns evil/hurts friends' script.

Too bad the show left the intrigue, plotline, and continuing story on the cutting room floor, leaving me with scraps. It's Sunday afternoon syndicated filler at the moment. There was no such thing as a throwaway episode in Season 1.

And before it's brought up, anyone who complains about Rambaldi never watched the show to begin with, cause he's been in it since the start.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 04:23:16 PM »

Quote from: "BigRedCat"
Back on track? It may be on a track, but it's a completely different one than it started on. As a viewer from day one, it was a moderately entertaining episode but it was simply a Buffy/Angel script shoehorned into Alias characters. Same for the next one, the Angel castoff writers trot out the good old 'character hallucinates and turns evil/hurts friends' script.

Too bad the show left the intrigue, plotline, and continuing story on the cutting room floor, leaving me with scraps. It's Sunday afternoon syndicated filler at the moment. There was no such thing as a throwaway episode in Season 1.

And before it's brought up, anyone who complains about Rambaldi never watched the show to begin with, cause he's been in it since the start.

Exactly why I stopped watching again. I think I'll just pick up the recaps on Television Without Pity because they're vastly more entertaining than Alias itself. I had such high hopes that the writers from Angel would help out, and while I'll admit to it being way early in the season, what I've seen thus far is lame-o. I'll go back and watch the first season discs for a show that's got so much energy crammed into one hour that it's sometimes hard to just sit there and watch. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 04:27:21 PM »

I too liked the episode more than any in a long time.

Was it comparable to Season 1?  Of course not, but if you really think anything will ever compare to season 1, you are living in a dream world.  Sadly, I have resolved myself to this truth.

As to not be overly harsh though, they ARE trying.  IMO, they must, must, must have the "ancillary" characters be a huge part of Syd and Vaughn's lives.  They must make Sloan a real bastard and someone to be 'feared' again.  He's like a little puppy dog on a CIA leash, and it really takes the edge off.  Lastly, they need to keep the humor coming, in titanic-sized doses.  It adds immensely to the show when they do it right, which they often do.

LD

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
warning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 05:18:03 PM »

This was the first episode this season where I didn't roll my eyes and think about giving up.  I liked it.

That said I liked the first two seasons better.  The first season was so intense due to the nature of her infiltration into SD-6.  And Sloan.  What a creep.

Second season was just as good in my mind.  I loved Sydney's mom.  So sexy... so evil.  Things really turned bad when Syd woke up and couldn't remember the past 2 years (wasn't that it?).  Vaughn was married.  Her former partner at SD-6 was now a director at the CIA (huh?) and her mom was nowhere to be found.

To paraphrase and old girlfriend: I still love the show.  I'm just not in love with the show.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 08:27:28 PM »

Still enjoying it, but I'm easy to please.

Lots of action - check.
Nasty bad guys - check.
Nasty good guys - check.
Hot women - check.

Bring it on.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: