http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 08:37:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Add me to the list of people that got laid off... UPDATE Nevermind  (Read 2236 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2009, 07:18:39 PM »

That's great news. Did they explain how they screwed up and let you go in the first place?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Goldchamp
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2009, 09:07:38 PM »

Just went over 6 months here and i'm way beyond, depressed smile the time off is nice but if i hear "overqualified" or "we can't afford you" one more time i'm gonna puke.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2009, 10:10:31 PM »

Gratz!

My old newspaper in Virginia has been amuck with one-week furloughs, and sometimes 2-week furloughs over the last several years. While it's better than losing a job outright, we never knew if those things might become permanent, or if they might decide that functioning fine without person X for a week or two proved that the person's job was redundant. And some of the people who accepted furloughs last year ended up getting laid off shortly thereafter anyway.

I have one former co-worker friend who quit a year ago from my current employer, and is still out of work. He applies all the time. His wife has a good job. They don't have kids, and I wonder sometimes if he's just getting a little too "comfortable" being out of work. I don't know exactly how hard he's job-seeking at this point.

I tried to get him some freelance writing assignments with a friend of mine who's editor at a local paper, and apparently he decided it wasn't what he wanted to do. I just figure after a year, either a sense of urgency (I despite that phrase but sometimes it seems a good fit) or a willingness to try something different and hope it turns into something you really want might be called for. But I guess people all have their own approaches.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: