http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 06:27:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accountability  (Read 2757 times)
dbt1949
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2006, 07:00:32 PM »

When I first went on my diet I wasn't in good enough shape to exercise much. Then I started walking. As I was in a built up area I couldn't really walk far,no more than a few miles at a time. So when I got used to that okay I started wearing a backpack and gradually increased the load the better I felt. Finally I went into bicycling and weight lifting big time and then finally running and aerobics. Aerobic classes were mainly girls,and good looking in shape girls. I was usually the only male. Life was good then. icon_wink

Ye Olde Farte
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2006, 07:12:49 PM »

Well, I am starting off slowly...

I am going to see how this week goes for starters.
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »

Good luck.  You've made the right step, just by starting.  Stick with it and don't look for quick results.  If you lose 1 - 1.5 lbs a week you are doing well.  More than 2 lbs a week and you would be losing water wieght and lean body mass weight (muscle).  Go slow and steady, and think long term, and it will be possible.  Keep it up! thumbsup

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2006, 09:02:12 PM »

crap man, I had a check in every box except one  :icon_eek:
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2006, 09:50:59 PM »

Quote from: -Lord Ebonstone- on August 21, 2006, 10:22:46 PM

Anti-depressants have gotten alot better, even over the past couple years.

It's often a juggling act trying to find one that actually works, but believe me man, when you get one that works, it's the difference between night and day.

Word.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2006, 12:02:23 AM »

Just thought I would give an update for tonight.  Dinner consisted of various leftovers, but I watched my portion sizes and began with a salad with lots of greens.  Then my wife and I took the dogs for a walk.  I intended on taking a 20 minute walk, however we ended up walking for 50 minutes at a decent pace, enough so that the dogs are exhausted.  I would estimate we walked about 2-3 miles with a few stops to say hello to folks.  ( very little of it was flat, alot of up and down hills here in western PA).
depward

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2006, 12:04:54 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on August 23, 2006, 12:02:23 AM

Just thought I would give an update for tonight.  Dinner consisted of various leftovers, but I watched my portion sizes and began with a salad with lots of greens.  Then my wife and I took the dogs for a walk.  I intended on taking a 20 minute walk, however we ended up walking for 50 minutes at a decent pace, enough so that the dogs are exhausted.  I would estimate we walked about 2-3 miles with a few stops to say hello to folks.  ( very little of it was flat, alot of up and down hills here in western PA).
Nice - keep it up!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2006, 12:09:31 AM »

Quote from: depward on August 23, 2006, 12:04:54 AM

Nice - keep it up!

Thanks, knees are sore, was actually suprised my right knee didn't give out, it actually held up.  Will need to ice them down tonight.
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2006, 12:09:59 AM »

Congrats. 

Starting up again is the hardest for me.  I've been trying to walk about two miles a day.  It's straight downhill -- very steep -- from our place to the main boulevard in town, then (obviously) very steep up again.  The up is painful.   icon_lol   But I think it's the downhill that's making my calves ache at night.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2006, 10:46:29 AM »

Morning update.  Weight this morning is 262.0, a change of .8 lbs from yesterday.  Am fairly sore, but am determined to get out and walk a bit during work today, hoping to get in at least a half mile.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2006, 11:32:54 AM »

I'm very much against the weighing yourself daily thing because your weight will naturally fluctuate up and down and seeing it go up (or not down 'enough') can really be a frustration.  Just throwing that out there smile

edit: not to mention you can lose a lot of weight in one extended bowel movement. lol

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2006, 11:34:59 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 23, 2006, 11:32:54 AM

I'm very much against the weighing yourself daily thing because your weight will naturally fluctuate up and down and seeing it go up (or not down 'enough') can really be a frustration.  Just throwing that out there smile

My plan is to weigh myself daily and post it, simply for staying accountable, but I will then post weekly averages and that is what I am going to look at.  Since my weight will fluctuate some, I should be able to get a general feel for progress from the weekly average shouldn't I?
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2006, 11:52:01 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on August 23, 2006, 11:34:59 AM

My plan is to weigh myself daily and post it, simply for staying accountable, but I will then post weekly averages and that is what I am going to look at.  Since my weight will fluctuate some, I should be able to get a general feel for progress from the weekly average shouldn't I?

Start a new thread.  I'll rejoin the ranks and post my weight every week.  You should be able to see progress on a weekly basis if you really stick to the diet and exercise thing.  Even if it is only a half pound or so.  That said, if you are working hard, expect to gain a little here and there as your body builds muscle and redistributes. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2006, 02:33:27 PM »

I understand the accountability aspect, but make sure that you take the daily weigh ins with a grain of salt.  You may bust your butt for 3 or 4 days in a row and not see any weight change for another week after it. It's so very odd. But keep at it.

Oh and take a before and after photo (for personal use) so that you track your progress that way too.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2006, 02:36:29 PM »

Quote from: ATB on August 23, 2006, 02:33:27 PM

I understand the accountability aspect, but make sure that you take the daily weigh ins with a grain of salt.  You may bust your butt for 3 or 4 days in a row and not see any weight change for another week after it. It's so very odd. But keep at it.

Oh and take a before and after photo (for personal use) so that you track your progress that way too.

Good idea on the photo, I also want to take measurements before and after and watch the measurements monthly probably.  For example my "waist" is app 40 inches.  I would like to get down to a 36" waist if possible.  Also did some crunches and push ups last night right before bed.  Push ups aren't gonna work real well right now, my left shoulder seems to be out of socket and I could barely manage 10 of them.  My arms were fine but my shoulder gave out.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: