http://gamingtrend.com
December 23, 2014, 12:52:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A world without gone gold. Six month mark  (Read 5674 times)
dbt1949
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2005, 05:22:56 PM »

Interesting that they give his address and phone number. I wonder how many people call him about GG anymore?

Ye Olde Farte
TC Weidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2005, 05:36:55 PM »

Ah the irony is delicous. Rage, all high and mighty about being left high and dry, of course it was this same guy who did the EXACT same thing to a guild he helped found and lead. Of course you weren't crippled and close to death a dozen times though.

Those in glass houses...

Rich created, paid for and when possible updated and maintained GG and we all should be grateful he did for all those years.  We have no idea what has happened to Rich but I do believe he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

My personal guess is that Rich probably had another very bad turn health wise and Mary Joe most probably was sick of all the GG stuff and just shut it down , I know my wife would do that very same thing to all my sites if god forbid we were in their shoes.

To Rich, Thanks for the memories and here's hoping if you are still with us, that things are better today than they were yesterday.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2005, 05:36:58 PM »

Me, every month.  Just wish he'd return the call....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2005, 06:46:33 PM »

Quote from: "Baron Of Hell"
Its gone for good just like Jesus.

Boy are you in for a surprise...

Matt 25:35

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2005, 06:52:10 PM »

Quote from: "TC Weidner"
Ah the irony is delicous. Rage, all high and mighty about being left high and dry, of course it was this same guy who did the EXACT same thing to a guild he helped found and lead. Of course you weren't crippled and close to death a dozen times though.

Those in glass houses...

Rich created, paid for and when possible updated and maintained GG and we all should be grateful he did for all those years.  We have no idea what has happened to Rich but I do believe he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

My personal guess is that Rich probably had another very bad turn health wise and Mary Joe most probably was sick of all the GG stuff and just shut it down , I know my wife would do that very same thing to all my sites if god forbid we were in their shoes.

To Rich, Thanks for the memories and here's hoping if you are still with us, that things are better today than they were yesterday.

A hearty "werd" to you sir.  Couldn't have said it better myself.

gellar
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2005, 07:43:57 PM »

Quote from: "gellar"

Those in glass houses...

gellar

This was a lot longer, but I think this sums it up better than my page long post: the inability to accept an apology or forgive something that happened ONLINE FIVE YEARS AGO is so insanely trollish, childish, and stupid its not even funny. Go talk to the half of your guild leaders that are friends of mine and see what they think of you guys following me around and harassing me at every opportunity. I apologized, it was a game. It is very easy for anything that I criticize anyone else about to become a nice little ad hominem game against me, and I am sick of it. To the two or three of you, fuck off.

Gellar, you I am suprised about after all this time.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2005, 07:47:47 PM »

Those in glass houses...

gellar

So, you are comparing somethign that happened now....5 years ago to a guild of maybe 30-40 to a guy who ran a website that serviced a forums of ...thousands? Not to mention that I have talked this particular issue out and apologized for it...what, maybe dozens of times since then? So, bringing it up is to troll, makes you look like you have absolutely no capacity to move on or accept an apology, and makes you come of as a real dick. Fuck off. I've made my apologies. I meant them. I didn't hurt your mother or your dog. It was a game. It was 5 goddamn years ago. I fucked up. Im sorry. Either move on or just avoid anything I say, because I dont want to have to keep having this fight with, literally, the three of you that have to be assholes everytime I post anything.

Gellar, you I am suprised about. After all this time and all these posts you come back with this?
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2005, 08:37:26 PM »

Keep the barbs to PMs or private e-mail.  Sheesh, this thread was a nice "look back" on the demise of the site both CG and OO are offshoots of.  Now it seems to be a "personal attack" type of thread.  I don't care who started it, but I'm ending it now.  Consider this a warning.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2005, 08:49:26 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"

Those in glass houses...

gellar

So, you are comparing somethign that happened now....5 years ago to a guild of maybe 30-40 to a guy who ran a website that serviced a forums of ...thousands? Not to mention that I have talked this particular issue out and apologized for it...what, maybe dozens of times since then? So, bringing it up is to troll, makes you look like you have absolutely no capacity to move on or accept an apology, and makes you come of as a real dick. Fuck off. I've made my apologies. I meant them. I didn't hurt your mother or your dog. It was a game. It was 5 goddamn years ago. I fucked up. Im sorry. Either move on or just avoid anything I say, because I dont want to have to keep having this fight with, literally, the three of you that have to be assholes everytime I post anything.

Gellar, you I am suprised about. After all this time and all these posts you come back with this?

Hey Rage... I have no ill will towards you about what you did.  I understand it.  I'm just agreeing with the irony of your stance on Rich/GG when you yourself should likely understand more than most what Rich probably went through/is going through.

I "werded" that and the rest of TC's post as well.  It's based on absolutely nothing against what you did then, just the irony of your attack on Rich now.  That and I do definitely think Rich deserves the benefit of the doubt.

gellar
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2005, 09:00:23 PM »

Those in glass houses...

gellar

Hey Rage... I have no ill will towards you about what you did.  I understand it.  I'm just agreeing with the irony of your stance on Rich/GG when you yourself should likely understand more than most what Rich probably went through/is going through.

I "werded" that and the rest of TC's post as well.  It's based on absolutely nothing against what you did then, just the irony of your attack on Rich now.  That and I do definitely think Rich deserves the benefit of the doubt.

gellar

Fair enough, and my apologies for quoting you when I meant to quote TC Wiedner, who has followed me around with this dating back to Gone Gold.
I can appreciate and admit the irony of the whole situation. I hope Rich gets well enough that one day he can just come back and say hi one day.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2005, 09:12:55 PM »

Ye Olde Farte
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2005, 09:26:33 PM »

wow.

thanks, AgtFox, for putting the brakes on.  IMO, everyone should be given the benefit of the doubt, as often as you can make yourself do it.  call it the Golden Rule, call it whatever you like, it's just plain better for everyone.  even in little everyday examples it can be seen.  how many times have you sworn at the driver who cut you off, then done it yourself by accident?  never?  well, good for all one of you!

humility = good
hubris = bad
rage = bad
Rage = basically good, let's his mouth run off by itself occasionally and then apologizes - and i like him, so there!
Rich = good, bcz he started GG
Knightshade = good, bcz he took us GG's in
Mytocles = very, very bad - but that's a story for another day

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2005, 09:41:55 PM »

While I do understand Rich's situation, I also wish we knew something, even if hust to know how he's doing.
Glycerine

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2005, 10:41:13 PM »

Quote from: "Hrothgar"
You know I couldn't believe people piled on when BCR killed himself.  Depression is a dark, scary thing.

I guess I must have missed something, but who is BCR?  I used to read through the GG forums and the name sounds familiar...

As to Rich, I don't think he owes any of us anything.  I do think it would have been nice for him to let everyone know what was happening instead of just shutting everything down one day.  I guess I can understand why he did it, but I think there are alot of people on CG and OO who thought he was a really cool guy and wouldn't mind knowing how he is doing.  (Myself included!)

Glycerine
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2005, 11:13:54 PM »

BCR was a regular at GG who is reported to have commited suicide,here a year or more back. He was a fairly popular fellow.Some people still think it's some kind of sick joke.
As for Rich,at one time during one of his lengthy absences he told the group at the forum that he would always have the forum for us even if he couldn't keep up the rst of the site.
Then one day out of the blue there was no more GG.Poof! Just like that. Several people tried to contact him but hsi wife(I guess) wouldn't let anyone associated with GG talk to him or explain anything to anybody.It didn't set well with most people but most of us are to polite to air our outrage.
But the end result was it was his right to do what ever he wanted to do with the site as it was his baby. It's just a shame he wouldn't give us any closure.
I suspect most of the feel he had a mental breakdown over not being able to handle the site anymore. Money was never an issue as many people volunteered to help with the expenses.
And this is more than I've written at once in the last two years!

Ye Olde Farte
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2005, 11:52:38 PM »

This was a lot longer, but I think this sums it up better than my page long post: the inability to accept an apology or forgive something that happened ONLINE FIVE YEARS AGO is so insanely trollish, childish, and stupid its not even funny. Go talk to the half of your guild leaders that are friends of mine and see what they think of you guys following me around and harassing me at every opportunity. I apologized, it was a game. It is very easy for anything that I criticize anyone else about to become a nice little ad hominem game against me, and I am sick of it. To the two or three of you, fuck off.

Gellar, you I am suprised about after all this time.

Just had to create an account to correct a few things here. It's only been a little over 3 years. Last time I checked we only have one guild leader and he doesn't like you either. There are a lot more than two or three of us that still hate you and will until the day you die. If I ever left more than 5 people in the lurch like you did, I would never even presume to ask for forgiveness let alone chastize anyone else for doing the same. *cheers*
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2005, 12:05:26 AM »

Quote from: "ibdoomed"
Just had to create an account to correct a few things here. It's only been a little over 3 years. Last time I checked we only have one guild leader and he doesn't like you either. There are a lot more than two or three of us that still hate you and will until the day you die. If I ever left more than 5 people in the lurch like you did, I would never even presume to ask for forgiveness let alone chastize anyone else for doing the same. *cheers*

Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2005, 12:11:13 AM »

Rob Merritt: You just became my hero!

Damn that was good.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2005, 12:30:09 AM »

Quote from: "ATB"
Quote from: "Baron Of Hell"
Its gone for good just like Jesus.

Boy are you in for a surprise...

Matt 25:35

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

LOL
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2005, 12:39:55 AM »

Rage, please don't respond (at least publically Tongue)

Lets leave the hatred elsewhere, (especially to those who are taking pot shots about something that happened many months ago) otherwise the thread will get locked and warnings will be issued.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2005, 01:11:02 AM »

I'm actually going to lock this.  If people would like to remember GG more make another thread...hopefully the same tangent will not be created from it.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: