http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 08:03:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A prayer to the Lord my God--PLEASE get rid of Sanjaya Malakar  (Read 8793 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2007, 12:27:53 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on March 28, 2007, 07:15:12 AM

Oh look, it looks like I'm not the only one who notices that Melinda's whole act is getting a wee bit old:

http://www.flicklife.com/6f9c37fc81fe03c21ea7/The_Soup_Melinda_Doolittle_School_of_Humility.html

Some people are clinically shy. It's not complicated.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2007, 01:15:53 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on March 28, 2007, 02:21:42 AM

Quote from: Darkstar One on March 28, 2007, 12:44:33 AM

So what did he mangle tonight?  Got home a little late, missed him.

Hey sang Bathwater, and it was dreadful.  He had a mohawk...

A mohawk made out of seven ponytails....
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2007, 01:42:59 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on March 28, 2007, 01:15:53 PM

No no... it was a fohawk as paula called it.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2007, 02:38:54 PM »

I just want to chime in and say I stopped watching this show weeks ago though I'm sill sorta following it through you guys.

I just couldn't handle the couple of weeks where the show was on 4.5 hrs.  No show, unless it's Friday Night Lights, is worth that kind of air time.

BTW- Watch Friday Night Lights on Wednesdays on your local NBC affiliate!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2007, 02:40:49 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 28, 2007, 02:38:54 PM

I just want to chime in and say I stopped watching this show weeks ago though I'm sill sorta following it through you guys.

I just couldn't handle the couple of weeks where the show was on 4.5 hrs.  No show, unless it's Friday Night Lights, is worth that kind of air time.

ATB IS AN NBC VIRAL MARKETER!!!!!!  BAN HIM NOW!!!

ban
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2007, 04:18:54 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on March 28, 2007, 07:15:12 AM

Oh look, it looks like I'm not the only one who notices that Melinda's whole act is getting a wee bit old:

http://www.flicklife.com/6f9c37fc81fe03c21ea7/The_Soup_Melinda_Doolittle_School_of_Humility.html

That's just downright funny! My wife gets more and more disgusted with her every week, but she sure can sing! Maybe she needs some lessons from someone a little less shy than herself.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2007, 02:57:34 AM »

Blake is the only interesting person left on the show. Last night's show convinced me that Melinda and Lakisha are one-trick ponies, and they both bore me to tears. I'm actually looking forward to rock night or country night, so they are forced to sing something different.

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2007, 05:16:15 AM »

Quote from: Grievous Angel on March 29, 2007, 02:57:34 AM

Blake is the only interesting person left on the show. Last night's show convinced me that Melinda and Lakisha are one-trick ponies, and they both bore me to tears. I'm actually looking forward to rock night or country night, so they are forced to sing something different.

Blake is far from interesting.  I hate the dude.  The beat box thing was cool the first few times, move on.  Then when he does actually sing, it's pretty bad.  The same with the wanna K-Fed Chris whatever his name.  How in the hell are these two clowns still in it is beyond me.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2007, 06:35:18 AM »

And he's still there. Pathetic.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2007, 08:17:24 AM »

Did I hear correctly?  Next week is Tony Bennet?   saywhat  I'm having trouble watching this show, it's my first time with it (the wife likes it so I'm trying to go along) and the results plus the crappy themes are wearing me down.  I do like Jordin as my favorite and if/when she goes then I do too.
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2007, 08:32:11 AM »

At least something good came out of his being there.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2007, 01:00:02 PM »

There's an article on USATODAY or somewhere saying that the 'credibility' of AI will be destroyed if Sanjaya wins.

That woudl be fun to watch.

I wonder if it'll get to the point where the producers force him off through tweaking the results.
javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2007, 01:21:53 PM »

This thread is the closest thing I've ever come to 'watching' AI; and, for that matter, Howard Stern too.
So I'm totally routing for these two shows to cancel each other out as HS continues to skew voting for Sanjaya.

Jesters Do It Till Ya Smile!
          \|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2007, 01:26:20 PM »

Dude, the american population would revolt. Do you really want that for yourself?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2007, 01:59:19 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Yes.

\|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2007, 02:34:25 PM »

Nice. Send Sanjaya's sister up to Canada.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2007, 07:16:48 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 29, 2007, 01:00:02 PM

There's an article on USATODAY or somewhere saying that the 'credibility' of AI will be destroyed if Sanjaya wins.

That woudl be fun to watch.

I wonder if it'll get to the point where the producers force him off through tweaking the results.

I was in our cafeteria and was listening to a news channel on TV (Fox news- even though I don't prefer this channel, it was what was on the TV) and they said the exact same thing.  That him going this far our further would damage the show's credibility in America.

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2007, 07:23:33 PM »

I thought the concept of votefortheworst.com and Howard Stern trying to keep Sanjaya going was funny enough on its own, but I think I might have found an even better diversion:

Reading furious posts on the votefortheworst message board.

Here's the one that won my heart, entitled, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

Quote from: Jeanne
OKAY IM BACK AND I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT ME. I HAD ALREADY IMAGINED THIS IMMORAL WEBSITE WAS SHUTDOWN ALREADY BUT APPARENTLY I AM MISTAKEN. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS??!??!! HAVE YOU NO SHAME AT ALL? Chris did not deserve to go but I am more deeply offeneded that once again, Phil is in the bottom three and that boy is still there???

I am infuritated by last night's results show and I am sick and tired of seeing and hearing htis cruel and shameful website in the media and I have reached ot the ppoiint that I must do something about it. I can no longer tolerate the departure of very talented singers week after week because of you keeping that boy in the competition. he does not deserve to be in the top 12. once again, yo have ruined my night and my daughters' as well. do you think thiss is funny? I DONT FIND THIS HILARIOUS AT ALL!!!! I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES, IS RESPONSIBLEFOR KEEPING THAT BOY IN THE COMPETITION. HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE THERE. HE IS NOT THE AMERICAN IDOL AND HE DOESNT EVEN LOOK AMERICAN. ARE YOU THAT DENSE THAT HE IS CLEARLY THROWING THE COMPETETITION????? He does not want to be there anymore but you fools are prolonging his stay. I do not see the humor in this at all. dont you realize that American Idol is being broadcast in other countries? do you want us to be the laughing stock of the world? And more importantly, you are abusing the system. What you are doing is undemocratic and Unamerican. we are the pioneers of freedom and democracy and to manipulate the voting system to serve your own selfish interests is clearly wrong and immoral. This is a serious matter so think about it.

It's just...it's just beautiful.  Poetry even. 

So you see, it's not just the credibility in America you should be worried about, Sanjaya is going to make us the laughing stock of the world, not to mention ruining Jeanne and her daughters' night.  As the pioneers of freedom and democracy, we really need to set a better example when we vote in reality TV shows.  This is a serious matter so think about it.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2007, 07:40:24 PM »

wonderpug; thank you for that gem of a post!!

Sanjaya is a bad singer, sure.  But he's not that much worse than four others on the show, who aren't getting any press.  The other four bad ones, and even maybe one mediocre singer, will go before he does...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2007, 07:47:49 PM »

Quote from: papasmurff on March 29, 2007, 07:16:48 PM

That him going this far our further would damage the show's credibility in America.

The show has credibility?? Even if I liked pop music, I wouldn't turn to a remake of the Gong Show to find the latest and greatest.

Wonderpugs post makes me want to vote, how much does it cost?
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2007, 07:52:10 PM »

D00d. Kelly Clarkson is awesome.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2007, 12:53:25 PM »

That's classic, wonderpug.

I liked
HE IS NOT THE AMERICAN IDOL AND HE DOESNT EVEN LOOK AMERICAN.
  A lot.

But
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
may become my new sig.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2007, 01:26:41 PM »

+1.  Fantastic show. 
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2007, 04:37:07 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 30, 2007, 01:26:41 PM

+1.  Fantastic show. 

+INFINITY!! BEST DAMN SHOW ON TV!

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2007, 09:08:05 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on March 28, 2007, 01:42:59 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on March 28, 2007, 01:15:53 PM

No no... it was a fohawk as paula called it.

It wasn't really a faux-hawk, it was something else new entirely.  I think Ryan's ponyhawk comment might be the most accurate one. I have my mohawk back in tribute to Sanjaya still being on slywink
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2007, 03:18:07 AM »

I believe it was called a pony-hawk.

Goofy hair or not, he still can't sing worth crap.
javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2007, 05:33:25 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on March 29, 2007, 07:23:33 PM

I thought the concept of votefortheworst.com and Howard Stern trying to keep Sanjaya going was funny enough on its own, but I think I might have found an even better diversion:

Reading furious posts on the votefortheworst message board.

Here's the one that won my heart, entitled, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

Quote from: Jeanne
OKAY IM BACK AND I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT ME. I HAD ALREADY IMAGINED THIS IMMORAL WEBSITE WAS SHUTDOWN ALREADY BUT APPARENTLY I AM MISTAKEN. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS??!??!! HAVE YOU NO SHAME AT ALL? Chris did not deserve to go but I am more deeply offeneded that once again, Phil is in the bottom three and that boy is still there???

I am infuritated by last night's results show and I am sick and tired of seeing and hearing htis cruel and shameful website in the media and I have reached ot the ppoiint that I must do something about it. I can no longer tolerate the departure of very talented singers week after week because of you keeping that boy in the competition. he does not deserve to be in the top 12. once again, yo have ruined my night and my daughters' as well. do you think thiss is funny? I DONT FIND THIS HILARIOUS AT ALL!!!! I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES, IS RESPONSIBLEFOR KEEPING THAT BOY IN THE COMPETITION. HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE THERE. HE IS NOT THE AMERICAN IDOL AND HE DOESNT EVEN LOOK AMERICAN. ARE YOU THAT DENSE THAT HE IS CLEARLY THROWING THE COMPETETITION????? He does not want to be there anymore but you fools are prolonging his stay. I do not see the humor in this at all. dont you realize that American Idol is being broadcast in other countries? do you want us to be the laughing stock of the world? And more importantly, you are abusing the system. What you are doing is undemocratic and Unamerican. we are the pioneers of freedom and democracy and to manipulate the voting system to serve your own selfish interests is clearly wrong and immoral. This is a serious matter so think about it.

It's just...it's just beautiful.  Poetry even. 

So you see, it's not just the credibility in America you should be worried about, Sanjaya is going to make us the laughing stock of the world, not to mention ruining Jeanne and her daughters' night.  As the pioneers of freedom and democracy, we really need to set a better example when we vote in reality TV shows.  This is a serious matter so think about it.
That ... is ... awesome!

\|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2007, 04:14:59 PM »

Quote from: lildrgn on March 31, 2007, 04:37:07 AM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on March 30, 2007, 01:26:41 PM

+1.  Fantastic show. 

+INFINITY!! BEST DAMN SHOW ON TV!

W00t!  NBC might order 6 more episodes.

And I actually watched sanjaya last night. He's not going home after that performance.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2007, 06:46:37 PM »

Quote from: juniordan on March 29, 2007, 08:32:11 AM

At least something good came out of his being there.

It's... hypnotic....

And since when has this show had credibility? If Simon Cowell cancels it after the Sanjaya thing then good riddance. Fox will can Wonderfalls, Firefly, and a dozen other shows but long live AI? Crash and burn, baby! thumbsup

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
unbreakable
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2007, 06:56:24 PM »

And when did Fox become a judge of who/what does/doesn't have credibility?
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2007, 11:13:14 PM »

Sanjaya is a piece of work alright.   Just when you think he can't get nuttier, he does.

And now he's put together a couple of decent "I deserve a chance" performances.  What gives?  He seems like a goofy kid but he sure knows how to play the game.  I give him extra points for singing in Spanish on a 'Latin' night when no one else had the balls to try that.

Dammit, now I'm almost ready to root for him!  icon_confused
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2007, 03:06:28 AM »

Quote from: Lee on March 29, 2007, 07:47:49 PM

That him going this far our further would damage the show's credibility in America.

The show has credibility?? Even if I liked pop music, I wouldn't turn to a remake of the Gong Show to find the latest and greatest.

It does have some "crediability" like it or not. As someone else mentioned Kelly Clarkson is a "credible" popstar. Now, none of the other winners have really made anywhere near the splash she has, but in the realm of pop music, they certinaly sold some records.

What people seem to forget is that really the show is just a stepping stone. If the winner does not have the drive to go along with the talent, they are not going very far. If Sanjaya does win, who cares. He will end up being just another Ruben.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2007, 11:40:17 AM »

Quote from: Toe on April 12, 2007, 03:06:28 AM

It does have some "crediability" like it or not. As someone else mentioned Kelly Clarkson is a "credible" popstar. Now, none of the other winners have really made anywhere near the splash she has, but in the realm of pop music, they certinaly sold some records.

What people seem to forget is that really the show is just a stepping stone. If the winner does not have the drive to go along with the talent, they are not going very far. If Sanjaya does win, who cares. He will end up being just another Ruben.

Carrie Underwood is a a fairly credible country star as well.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2007, 11:48:58 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on April 12, 2007, 11:40:17 AM

And smoking hot now too. Jesus, show ME the road.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2007, 01:30:15 PM »

I hope these people all do well; I mean, I'm tired of hearing the same crap over and over... we need new blood. Or Johnny Cash. frown

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2007, 08:33:50 AM »

Country night tonight and at first I thought things were going pretty well.  Phil sang a very good song and fast rising Jordin really gave a great performance.  And then Sanjaya hit the stage  crybaby  Wow that was soooo bad and I think Simon has decided no more kid gloves with him.  Brutal remarks about the performance in the hopes of getting him voted off as soon as possible.  I don't think it will work this week or even next, I expect that Phil and Chris will go before Sanjaya.  I'm sure neither of those guys would have won anyways but if Sanjaya is still around when Blake, Jordin, Lakisha or Melinda goes out then Simon's head will explode.  To be fair Lakisha wasn't great tonight either and I could see her hitting the bottom 3 for the first time but probably not out, my guess is Chris Timberfake is a gonner.

I am enjoying the Sanjaya hubaballo if only for the letters posted on votefortheworse.com.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2007, 11:50:45 AM »

I like how Simon told Melinda to stop acting suprised, that it was getting old. And what do you know, she could take compliments without the astonished look on her face. Another great performance from her I thought. I still think she is the one to beat. I think Jordan is the most overrated of the remaining field. I really do not like her voice.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2007, 12:53:05 PM »

I not watch this show. if u ar doing, u ar a l0zar.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2007, 01:17:21 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on April 12, 2007, 11:48:58 AM

Quote from: Arkon on April 12, 2007, 11:40:17 AM

And smoking hot now too. Jesus, show ME the road.

I endorse this thread response.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2007, 01:30:47 PM »

Did anyone catch the guy who runs votefortheworst.com, Dave Somethingorother, on Letterman?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: