http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 12:00:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A L I A S - Here we go baby!!!!!!!  (Read 2614 times)
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2005, 08:41:58 PM »

With the new season coming to an ABC station near you on Wednesday, I am happy to report that I can't wait!

Here are some things I hope to see this season:

1. Sydney being happy every once in awhile with the occasional "good" thing happening to her instead of shit day after shit day after shit day.

2. Jack Bristow becoming even more of a bad-ass than he already is.  I so love this guy!  I want him to outright kill at least 10 bad guys this season, single-handedly, with that look of absolutely no remorse on his face.  "You threatend my daughter?"   "Fuck You!"   "Die!"  

3.  Sydney and Vaughn being together all season with much less drama in their relationship so they can focus on the spy stuff.

4.  Lots more episodes with Quentin in them!

5.  Excellent, come-out-of-nowhere plot twists that are at least semi-believable.

That's it really.  That's all I want.  As usual, I am highly optimistic that this season will be great.  

Oh.... and LOST looks to be pretty good too, at least the one preview I saw of it!

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 09:00:53 PM »

The show lost me last year once Vaughn's wife not surprisingly turned out to be Covenant and working with Quentin. At that point, I stopped watching. So, what all happened in the meantime? How did they resolve Lauren and Vaughn? Did Quentin show up again? Rimbaldi updates - were there more? Anyone?

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 09:01:58 PM »

So you want space robots and magical beings with far-out powers to deal with "down to earth", important real life situations like drugs and sex?   biggrin
JeffG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 09:04:28 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
The show lost me last year once Vaughn's wife not surprisingly turned out to be Covenant and working with Quentin. At that point, I stopped watching. So, what all happened in the meantime? How did they resolve Lauren and Vaughn? Did Quentin show up again? Rimbaldi updates - were there more? Anyone?

this is exactly where I quit as well.  Could anyone briefly fill us in?
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 09:25:53 PM »

I just want them to stop playing that godamned comercial.  you knwo the one.
who are you?
Ima
Ima Who?
Ima gonna kick your ass.  

I mean come on man, i had better knock knock jokes than that when i was in third grade.   Who ever wrote that should be shot.  The director should be shot for letting it go.  And yes miss ima should have her ass shot for actualy saying it.

AttA
BigRedCat
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 09:35:34 PM »

Quote from: "JeffG"

this is exactly where I quit as well.  Could anyone briefly fill us in?

SUper quick recap:

Quentin did show up again.

Sydney has a sister named Nadia, she is also hot,  the old Rambaldi prophecy about 'utter desolation' is likely about her, all the artifacts basically lead to her and Sloane's DNA was involved.  May be Sloan's daughter insteadof Jack's(lots of misleading facts here, only the viewers really question that she's not Jack's).

Vaughn turned into Jack(at least that's the road they're heading) by getting a sniper rifle and capping his blushing bride. Of course she also fell down a big hole so there's no body. Let's all pray she's dead though.

Sydney put some clues together and realized that most everything that's happened to her was somehow controlled by her father and there's some unexplained evidence that he's the mastermind behind everything and anything, or something like that that. That's how the season ended so we really don't know.

Expect some drama. I'm sure someone else will give you some more details. It was all pretty lame last season though the above three developments made it worthwhile. Oh yeah and Bill(David Carradine) got killed.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2005, 09:42:33 PM »

What was the David Carradine part? I heard he was in there but never saw him. And if Jack turned out to be the big mastermind that would just rule all. For some reason, the idea that he's the one who's been pulling the strings all along is not only plausible, but would just kick all kinds of ass. smile

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005, 09:47:39 PM »

What was the David Carradine part?

He had Sydney's entire wedding party murdered.  He thought she was dead as well but she wasn't.  This season she seeks revenge.  Sounds pretty good to me.  I hear her and Daryl Hannah have quite the catfight.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2005, 10:08:32 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
Here are some things I hope to see this season:

..snip..

That's it really.  That's all I want.  As usual, I am highly optimistic that this season will be great.

Uh, er, didn't you forget to mention hoping for more skimpy outfits for Syd??  biggrin

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005, 11:45:56 PM »

Oops!  Sorry.

Thought that was a given

LD  :wink:

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2005, 04:39:14 AM »

I can't wait smile

LOST, Alias, Smallville, all on one night...   :shock:
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2005, 04:40:14 AM »

6.  Jack Bauer shows up for no reason and has a confrontation with Jack Bristow.  :shock:
BigRedCat
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2005, 05:00:10 AM »

What was the David Carradine part? I heard he was in there but never saw him. And if Jack turned out to be the big mastermind that would just rule all. For some reason, the idea that he's the one who's been pulling the strings all along is not only plausible, but would just kick all kinds of ass. smile

David Carradine was the monk from a season ago that told Sloane a secret and gave him a scroll. I think the secret was that Nadia was his daughter or something and then Sark or someone killed him this last season. I don't remember this season well because it was all pretty throw away besides a few specific episodes.
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2005, 05:04:42 AM »

Quote from: "ChaoZ"
6.  Jack Bauer shows up for no reason and has a confrontation with Jack Bristow.  :shock:

Ahhh.. GG memories of Jack vs. Jack. Surely someone has it saved...?

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2005, 05:47:42 AM »

This thread is worthless without pics! :p

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Ranulf
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2005, 05:57:54 AM »

Its been so long that I really don't remember much of what went on at the end of last season. It kinda went downhill for me. That 3 week break between the final two eps did not help either.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2005, 07:53:07 PM »

Be glad you missed the last episode.  They got the old Scooby-Doo writers to write it.  There's no other explanation why they would have two "rubber-mask" plots in one show.  You know it's bad when you're actually rooting for the villain because you can't stand the heroes anymore.

BTW, I love the "Ima" commercial, even though I must have seen it a hundred times already.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
warning

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2005, 08:18:43 PM »

Quote from: "lildrgn"
Quote from: "ChaoZ"

Ahhh.. GG memories of Jack vs. Jack. Surely someone has it saved...?

I wish I saved it.  <sigh>

Everyone knows Bristow won by a landslide.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2005, 09:29:51 PM »

9pm can not come fast enough! Bring it on!!

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
JeffG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2005, 10:05:29 PM »

Thanks BigRedCat!  That was perfect!
SpaceLord
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2005, 11:03:37 PM »

I've never seen the show, really. Does it really rely on her going undercover, as a mistress of disguise, using a simple wig? If so, that's the silliest premise for a "serious" show I've ever seen.

There's no place like OO, there's no place like OO. frown
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2005, 04:17:58 AM »

... and boy, did THAT suck.

Alright, I'll give the show a few more episodes if only because they have gone completely back to the beginnings by essentially recreating SD-6 (love the name though, APO smile). But it strikes me as too little too late, but if the Rambaldi weirdness kicks in and proves as utterly cool as it has been, then the show might find some redemption. Though nothing can touch the clock maker from the first season - the jaw-dropping highlight of the Rambaldi story in my opinion.

I dig Syd's sister, though the setup of her vs. Jack was obvious and way heavy-handed. Of course, she may be angry and all but he's Jack Bristow and will pwn her ass without exerting jack crap for effort. smile I also guess we're really not going to see Lena Olin again, which blows.

Highlights:

-The recreation of SD-6 complete with the polar opposite aesthetic

-"We had eggs."
-"Don't do that."

-the water torture

-"Is this yours?"

-Rick Yune as a really cool bad guy

-"You're not Robotic Dixon any more."

-The fight in the slaughterhouse, though nowhere near as cool as the Ultimate Cat Fight, was still pretty slick

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2005, 04:29:00 AM »

For a highly touted two-hour season opener it was quite "meh."

I can't believe they killed off one of the best characters the show ever had entirely via paper.  Talk about your crappy off-screen exits!  And then to turn the character's death into one of the major plot-points of the season?  Uber-lame.

I'll give it a few more episodes, but they better start playing their A game, and soon.  Rimbaldi, the Covenant, Sloane being evil, something.  For the most part, I felt like I'd seen this episode before.

Marshall's recruitment was the highlight of the episode.  "Sloane's here."

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
warning

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2005, 04:56:48 AM »

I love Marshall.  All through the first hour I was afeard they'd canned him.  He makes the show work in my mind.
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2005, 05:08:03 AM »

I feel like I've been punished for watching the show from the beginning.   How many times are they going to restart this show to pick up new viewers?  My hope is the team starts getting progressively more morally questionable assignments and find out they have all been rooked again and they are right back where they started.
Ranulf
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2005, 07:33:07 AM »

... and boy, did THAT suck.

I dig Syd's sister, though the setup of her vs. Jack was obvious and way heavy-handed. Of course, she may be angry and all but he's Jack Bristow and will pwn her ass without exerting jack crap for effort. smile I also guess we're really not going to see Lena Olin again, which blows.

I thought it was quite "meh" too. I do like nadia though. I think she's hotter than Syd. Thats may because I really did not get Syd being such a whiny baby with regards to the wittenburg revelation. I mean, yeah she's yer mummy but you know, she's a terrorist, spy, "traitor" and overal wackjob. Then there is the fact that she was helping them a lot last season (via  net chats...) so why the hit? I thought the revelation would be with regards to her youth or father or something. The ending with Nadia was just such utter crap too. Ooooh, she wants revenge! Puhlease, come up with something better writers.
JeffG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2005, 06:38:55 PM »

That show is really trite.  I'm glad I stopped watching, watched the first 1/2 last night and then stopped.

How many times are they going to lean on the juvenile "flash-forward" device.  I mean, when I saw that - I almost turned it off right there.

And then back to SD6?  That show has more writing holes then a colander.  Really - and the dialogue was sappy, the justifications weren't even weak they were just retarded.  Sloan has killed these people wives, lovers, friends – and oh hell yeah the CIA will give him his own team - i can only suspend my disbelief so far.

That show is really garbage.  There won't be a fourth season - Jennifer Garners hot body can only carry it so far, IMHO.
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2005, 07:44:44 PM »

they lost me two years ago, when they sort of dumbed the show down, and made it more about what will Sydney wear this week, rather than about the show.  They said people were complaining the story was to hard to follow from week to week.  I never had a problem.  I liked the twists and what not.  I gave up on it really.  I think they just changed the audience they were trying to get to watch and I am no longer in that audience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: