http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 09:08:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A friendly reminder about images in signatures  (Read 1456 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2006, 05:57:29 PM »

deadhorse

Our old forum software had a mod installed which prevented people from placing images in signatures.  Since we switched over to SMF it is technically possible to insert an image in your signature but it is still against the Code of Conduct.

Specifically:
Signatures
Signatures are allowed, but try to keep them relatively short so they donít become a distraction from the flow of the forums.  Images or banners are not allowed in your signature.  Personal websites linked in your signature are typically okay as long as they donít violate any of our rules.  If you have any doubts ask a moderator.

If you have an image in your signature (even a banner or image link to your Gamercard or Xbox Live Profile) please remove it.  If you are considering putting one in your signature please smack yourself in the forehead then move onto something else.  URL links to your Gamercard or something is fine but banners aren't.

Cool?
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 06:01:14 PM »

Agreed. Everyone should only have text in their sigs unless it's me and ...I was going to say Ed X but he'd probably have pics of men kissing. Hmmm. Not Purge, he should just be banned....Definitely not Ceekay lest he 'anime himself' again.  Kevin? Nah. Probably post a real time paint drying gif.  Hmmm.  Juniordan!

And we have come full circle.

Perfect.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 06:02:39 PM »

Quote from: warning on December 06, 2006, 05:57:29 PM

deadhorse

Our old forum software had a mod installed which prevented people from placing images in signatures.  Since we switched over to SMF it is technically possible to insert an image in your signature but it is still against the Code of Conduct.

Specifically:
Signatures
Signatures are allowed, but try to keep them relatively short so they don’t become a distraction from the flow of the forums.  Images or banners are not allowed in your signature.  Personal websites linked in your signature are typically okay as long as they don’t violate any of our rules.  If you have any doubts ask a moderator.

If you have an image in your signature (even a banner or image link to your Gamercard or Xbox Live Profile) please remove it.  If you are considering putting one in your signature please smack yourself in the forehead then move onto something else.  URL links to your Gamercard or something is fine but banners aren't.

Cool?

What broke in SMF then?  When I helped beta I thought Ron had taken care of locking down sigs due to some "extensive, abusive testing" I did during the beta.  I could have sworn he had managed to completely block images in sigs.  Not complaining, and to be honest I haven't read the CoC recently so I guess I need to refresh.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 07:40:55 PM »

Because they suck and are far too easy to abuse and annoy others with. I guarantee you if you think the image in your sig looks cool, it doesn't. At all. So no images in sigs whatsoever. There. ninja2

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 07:43:48 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on December 06, 2006, 07:40:55 PM

Because they suck and are far too easy to abuse and annoy others with. I guarantee you if you think the image in your sig looks cool, it doesn't. At all. So no images in sigs whatsoever. There. ninja2
He was asking how it was circumvented, not why the policy.  icon_wink
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 07:44:52 PM »

Is this something that doesn't show up using the Black/Gray skin?  I've never seen anyone with a sig here. 
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 07:57:21 PM »

Aw, c'mon... who *doesn't* want to see this at the bottom of all of my posts?

Shamelessly stolen from here
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 08:04:07 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on December 06, 2006, 07:40:55 PM

Reading comprehension for the win!!

I wasn't complaining about not being able to use the gamertag banner (which btw took up less screen space then signatures such as ATB's), I was merely wondering what broke because during the beta test Ron managed to lock down sigs to prevent images, or so I thought.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 08:14:34 PM »

I have no idea Arkon.  I'm guessing there's some setting that didn't get flagged when Ron recently upgraded SMF to version 1.1. 

If I could have one I'd go with the weird anime style:

Edit:  hell I feel so icky looking at those I'm tempted to report myself to a moderator.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 08:29:33 PM »

Quote from: warning on December 06, 2006, 08:14:34 PM

I have no idea Arkon.  I'm guessing there's some setting that didn't get flagged when Ron recently upgraded SMF to version 1.1. 

Edit:  hell I feel so icky looking at those I'm tempted to report myself to a moderator.

Don't worry, I will report you for you!

nod
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 08:33:32 PM »

Quote from: warning on December 06, 2006, 08:14:34 PM

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 09:21:04 PM »

Lol, Laner

Btw, don't click on the link on top of that page.  Learn from my mistakes.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 09:22:43 PM by IkeVandergraaf » Logged

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 04:07:35 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on December 06, 2006, 06:02:39 PM

deadhorse

Specifically:
Signatures
Signatures are allowed, but try to keep them relatively short so they donít become a distraction from the flow of the forums.  Images or banners are not allowed in your signature.  Personal websites linked in your signature are typically okay as long as they donít violate any of our rules.  If you have any doubts ask a moderator.

Cool?

What broke in SMF then?  When I helped beta I thought Ron had taken care of locking down sigs due to some "extensive, abusive testing" I did during the beta.  I could have sworn he had managed to completely block images in sigs.  Not complaining, and to be honest I haven't read the CoC recently so I guess I need to refresh.

I just have to put the line of code back in.  Patching broke it.  I've been really really sick the last two days so I've not had the chance.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 04:10:07 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on December 07, 2006, 04:07:35 PM

Quote from: Arkon on December 06, 2006, 06:02:39 PM

deadhorse

Specifically:
Signatures
Signatures are allowed, but try to keep them relatively short so they don’t become a distraction from the flow of the forums.  Images or banners are not allowed in your signature.  Personal websites linked in your signature are typically okay as long as they don’t violate any of our rules.  If you have any doubts ask a moderator.

Cool?

What broke in SMF then?  When I helped beta I thought Ron had taken care of locking down sigs due to some "extensive, abusive testing" I did during the beta.  I could have sworn he had managed to completely block images in sigs.  Not complaining, and to be honest I haven't read the CoC recently so I guess I need to refresh.

I just have to put the line of code back in.  Patching broke it.  I've been really really sick the last two days so I've not had the chance.

Cool, glad to know I wasn't imagining it being fixed during beta and yuck to you being sick.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 04:12:17 PM »

I still say the 'bounce' tag should make a comeback  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 05:41:55 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 07, 2006, 04:12:17 PM

Ceekay, you and I both know insanity would ensue... hell look how bad it was when it was just you and I abusing it.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 08:05:15 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on December 07, 2006, 05:41:55 PM

Ceekay, you and I both know insanity would ensue... hell look how bad it was when it was just you and I abusing it.

[scroll] for the loss!  icon_wink

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 10:07:48 PM »

it wasn't as bad as the ginormous fonts you abused  Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 11:25:02 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 07, 2006, 10:07:48 PM

it wasn't as bad as the ginormous fonts you abused  Tongue

I think the word you are looking for is TESTED....

nod
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2006, 03:04:54 AM »

You could always be like gellar and just insert your signature manually into each post you make. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2006, 03:31:57 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on December 08, 2006, 03:04:54 AM

You could always be like gellar and just insert your signature manually into each post you make. 

When gellar offers to "insert his signature manually" he's talking about something else entirely.
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2006, 03:43:28 AM »

Quote from: warning on December 08, 2006, 03:31:57 AM

When gellar offers to "insert his signature manually" he's talking about something else entirely.
eek

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2006, 04:17:34 AM »

Quote from: warning on December 08, 2006, 03:31:57 AM

I'm pretty sure the term "Violation of the CoC" needs to be said.

Sound it out, boys'n'ATB.  Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2006, 04:19:11 AM »

Quote from: ATB on December 06, 2006, 06:01:14 PM

Not Purge, he should just be banned....
Was that...  saywhat a dig? From ATB? Ooo, hold on a sec... I know I left my "Surprised look" around here somewhere..

oh, wait.. here it is!  disgust

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2006, 06:16:24 PM »

Quote from: Purge on December 08, 2006, 04:19:11 AM

Quote from: ATB on December 06, 2006, 06:01:14 PM

Not Purge, he should just be banned....
Was that...  saywhat a dig? From ATB? Ooo, hold on a sec... I know I left my "Surprised look" around here somewhere..

oh, wait.. here it is!  disgust

Winnar!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: