http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 06:31:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A brief moment of honesty reveals a chilling agenda.  (Read 6123 times)
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2005, 06:13:33 AM »

I wonder how the Minuteman critics will spin this.

Article

Little Rock is the border between Mexico and the U.S.,” said the Rev. Julio Barquero, who operates the Centro Cristiano Fellowship in Sherwood, and is the LULAC state chaplain. “Not Texas anymore — Arkansas. Texas has been conquered by Hispanics.”

stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 06:19:46 AM »

Man, what a GREAT soundbite!  I love it.  How come there is no heart emoticon?

I'm sick of this illegal immigration business.  Welcome one and all!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 06:34:12 AM »

Quote from: "Raven"
I wonder how the Minuteman critics will spin this.

Article

Little Rock is the border between Mexico and the U.S.,” said the Rev. Julio Barquero, who operates the Centro Cristiano Fellowship in Sherwood, and is the LULAC state chaplain. “Not Texas anymore — Arkansas. Texas has been conquered by Hispanics.”

If you think that the illegal immigrants have agenda other than economic reason, you're delusional.
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 06:50:22 AM »

Quote from: "Victoria Raverna"

If you think that the illegal immigrants have agenda other than economic reason, you're delusional.

That's some pretty weak spin. Instead of addressing his outrageous comments, you choose to attack me, instead.

But if that's all you've got, I understand.
Victoria Raverna

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 07:13:07 AM »

That's some pretty weak spin. Instead of addressing his outrageous comments, you choose to attack me, instead.

But if that's all you've got, I understand.

I was attacking your topic title "A brief moment of honesty reveals a chilling agenda". As for the opinion of that Reverend? I don't think you should take someone like that seriously. I think the people of Texas will be outraged if you suggest that there is any truth to the Reverend's opinion. Hispanics people haven't conquered Texas.
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 07:37:10 AM »

I was attacking your topic title "A brief moment of honesty reveals a chilling agenda". As for the opinion of that Reverend? I don't think you should take someone like that seriously. I think the people of Texas will be outraged if you suggest that there is any truth to the Reverend's opinion. Hispanics people haven't conquered Texas.

While you're certainly entitled to play down his outrageous comments, I can only hope that the good citizens of Arkansas are not so gullible.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 01:34:30 PM »

Hispanics people haven't conquered Texas.

Dear Victoria Raverna,

For fear that our despotic conquerors will catch me, I hurriedly scrawl this missive via wireless internet from the secrecy of my very own bed.  They are a cruel and viscious people, with their propensity for manual labor and collective lack of English skills.  Their love for tejano radio knows no bounds, as does their disdain for the safety of riding in enclosed vehicles - no matter the weather.  They ride in the back of their pick-up trucks, barrelling down the highway at 70 mph, sitting, waiting for the moment to strike.  One never knows which pothole will send them careening out of their conveyance and into your windshield.  Truly, they are fearless.  It is a wonder we are not all dead.  Please, tell your friends about our plight.  Please send help.  Rescue us from this merciless occupation.

I hear the sound of lawn tools.  They are coming...

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 02:26:12 PM »

The Rev. Julio Barquero is dillusional.

I'm all for border security, but I also have a great deal of empathy with those coming up here to try and better themselves and their families. I know if I lived in that piece of crap third world country, I'd be swimming the river too.

-Randy

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 02:28:21 PM »

Quote from: "CrayolaSmoker"

Dear Victoria Raverna,

Truly, they are fearless.  It is a wonder we are not all dead.  Please, tell your friends about our plight.  Please send help.  Rescue us from this merciless occupation.

I wonder if the mother of this child shares you sense of humor, when it comes to illegal aliens.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 02:42:02 PM »

Dear Victoria Raverna,

Truly, they are fearless.  It is a wonder we are not all dead.  Please, tell your friends about our plight.  Please send help.  Rescue us from this merciless occupation.

I wonder if the mother of this child shares you sense of humor, when it comes to illegal aliens.

You're honestly saying I shouldn't make light of the concept of Texas being "conquered by Hispanics" because one illegal alien raped a child in Massachusettes?

Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 03:05:41 PM »

You can make any jokes you want, but not everyone shares your sense of humor when it comes to this subject, and for those Americans who are getting a bird's eye view of just how destructive illegal immigration can be, you're dismissive attitude might be seen in poor taste.

But you have a right to say whatever you want, and you don't need my permission to speak your mind, and I harbor no illusions that everyone will agree with my opinions, or my post, when it comes to this subject.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 03:16:56 PM »

The article is certainly not telling me anything new about the flood of Hispanics to Arkansas. I suspect in the last 12 years probably 20,000+ have moved to NW Arkansas,thanks to Tysons (the chicken plants).They do hard work for low wages that most "local" people around here wouldn't do(for that low of wages) and were recruted by Tysons.
It has created quite a bit of racial tensions in the area.

Ye Olde Farte
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 03:24:38 PM »

Quote from: "dbt1949"
The article is certainly not telling me anything new about the flood of Hispanics to Arkansas. I suspect in the last 12 years probably 20,000+ have moved to NW Arkansas,thanks to Tysons (the chicken plants).They do hard work for low wages that most "local" people around here wouldn't do(for that low of wages) and were recruted by Tysons.
It has created quite a bit of racial tensions in the area.

There's been a new development. The Mexican gov't has opened a consulate's office in your state, and that has usually been the precursor to a rapid increase in illegal migration.

That's how it's worked in other states, and there's no reason to believe it won't work that way in Arkansas.

Your comments on Tyson are interesting. Did it ever occur to you that if Tyson didn't have the option of hiring cheap labor they might be forced to actually pay citizens a living wage, with benefits.

In it's own way, illegal immigration is just another form of union busting.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005, 03:34:20 PM »

Your comments on Tyson are interesting. Did it ever occur to you that if Tyson didn't have the option of hiring cheap labor they might be forced to actually pay citizens a living wage, with benefits.

Of course! It's one of the favorite subjects around here! Don Tyson and his company are the scum of the earth as far as most people around here are concerned.  :wink:

Ye Olde Farte
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2005, 03:39:38 PM »

I think the way it is now its too easy for criminals and terrorist to cross our borders. They are gonna have to start outright shooting illegals. Course that wont happen but its the only way.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2005, 07:13:56 PM »

You can make any jokes you want, but not everyone shares your sense of humor when it comes to this subject, and for those Americans who are getting a bird's eye view of just how destructive illegal immigration can be, you're dismissive attitude might be seen in poor taste.

If someone is going to dismiss an entire subsection of people because of the actions of one, I'd consider that to be in poor taste.  Whether they raped your child or not.  The fact that the perpetrator was an illegal is incidental to his crime.

I'm not a fan of illegal immigration and I think our borders are ridiculously porous.  However, I find the thought of Texas being a "conquered" territory in some secret war to be absurd, and I'll call it as such.

Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2005, 10:09:06 PM »

The people who don't think the flood of illegal immigration isn't that big of deal don't live in one of the states being affected by it. Being a Arizona resident I see it every day.
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2005, 10:13:12 PM »

But you have a right to say whatever you want, and you don't need my permission to speak your mind, and I harbor no illusions that everyone will agree with my opinions, or my post, when it comes to this subject.

I heard a white guy in Arkansas raped someone. We should get rid of all the white people in Arkansas. Destructive people, that's what they are.
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2005, 10:13:41 PM »

If someone is going to dismiss an entire subsection of people because of the actions of one, I'd consider that to be in poor taste.  Whether they raped your child or not.  The fact that the perpetrator was an illegal is incidental to his crime.

I'm not a fan of illegal immigration and I think our borders are ridiculously porous.  However, I find the thought of Texas being a "conquered" territory in some secret war to be absurd, and I'll call it as such.

Very well said.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005, 12:16:35 AM »

In it's own way, illegal immigration is just another form of union busting.

It's possible that yeah, they'd have to raise wages and benefits so US citizens would do that work.  That would mean, of course, that US citizens would also have to pay that much more in higher prices to buy that chicken.

Alternatively, Tyson could just leave the US entirely(thus hiring NO US citizens) and set up their operations elsewhere, and just sell that chicken here.

I find it highly unlikely that removing illegals from the work force would result in more jobs, at higher pay, for US citizens WITHOUT a corresponding rise in prices of various goods and services that would effectively negate any benefit from removing the illegals.
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2005, 01:20:39 AM »

Quote from: "godhugh"

I heard a white guy in Arkansas raped someone. We should get rid of all the white people in Arkansas. Destructive people, that's what they are.

Time to whip out the race card, huh.

As usual, the only people pushing that angle are Hispanics (like the LULAC member who claims that Texas has been conquered) and open border apologist, who cloak their agenda in the history of segregationism, by shrewdly accusing anyone who dares to have a problem with 3 million people entering the country illegally every single year, as somehow being no better or different than racist who wanted blacks to use different toliets and water fountains.

It's race baiting at it's worst, and it's not going to work.
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2005, 01:35:47 AM »

Fella, this is like the third Illegal Immigration thread I can remember that you have started here.

Nobody is buying, go sell it somewhere else.

Or go far away, either will do.

Done posting
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2005, 01:46:38 AM »

At least *he* hasn't showed up yet.  Jesus, this is going to explode...again.

Is there any middle ground in this argument?  You either close the border or you don't.  We're either doing a good job or we aren't.  Post your solutions for the problem instead of stirring the pot.  There was an old GG'r that loved these kind of arguments.  Pretty sure he is on OO, you might want to look there since people here are apparently tired of this topic.

Finally, check out the latest issue of Business Week where companies are clamoring for new ways to tap the buying power of 11 million undocumented persons in the US.

Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2005, 01:49:53 AM »

Quote from: "the Nightbreeze"
Fella, this is like the third Illegal Immigration thread I can remember that you have started here.

Nobody is buying, go sell it somewhere else.

Or go far away, either will do.

Oh, you speak for everyone here, huh?

And, I have no intention of going away. My threads don't even come close to violating the CoC, so you need to get over yourself.

But when you can't debate the facts, you have to fall back to personal attacks.

And last but not least, if you don't like my threads, then simply don't read them.
unbreakable
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2005, 02:15:52 AM »

Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2005, 02:27:37 AM »

Coming from you, that's a real laugh.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2005, 03:45:47 AM »

I have to say that, no matter if I agree with the people posting or not, I fall into the 'let the mods handle who should or shouldn't be posting here' camp.  A non-mod telling people to go away or stop posting....well, to me that just seems like a goofy way to waste time.  

I'd rather try another approach, like not read the threads that bug me, but I'm crazy like that.  :wink:
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2005, 04:10:54 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"

Absolutely classic.
VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2005, 05:42:38 AM »

That is the best thing I've seen thus far this month.

On topic:

As long as there are people in the USA who are willing to hire workers on the sly because they can get them for a cheap price, there are going to be illegal immigrants.

Rather than focusing so much attention on, "walling up," our borders perhaps we should focus on enforcing the laws we already have regarding undocumented labor. If it's unnatractive to come to the USA illegally, it seems to me that less people will do so.

I don't blame the immigrants at all. If I lived in some shit hole place in Mexico, and my only prospect for the future is to become an old decrepit guy living in a shit hole, I'd be looking to get out and get into whatever I felt offered me the best opportunity, by whatever means neccessary.

If I knew that traipsing across the border into the USA would only find me destitute because no one would hire me even for a day to pick beans, I'd be less inclined to want to go there illegally.

But that's just me, I don't know the answer, but I do know that the influx of illegal immigrants into the USA is a problem and needs to be addressed.
Shkspr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2005, 06:24:31 AM »

¡Hola! La gente de Tejas desea indicar que a nuestros vecinos al sur nos no hemos conquistado.  Gracias.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2005, 06:30:17 AM »

Quote from: "Shkspr"
¡Hola! La gente de Tejas desea indicar que a nuestros vecinos al sur nos no hemos conquistado.  Gracias.

Eso depende de quién usted pregunta...

All hail our latino overlords!

Victoria Raverna

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2005, 07:06:42 AM »

Quote from: "VynlSol"

On topic:

As long as there are people in the USA who are willing to hire workers on the sly because they can get them for a cheap price, there are going to be illegal immigrants.

Rather than focusing so much attention on, "walling up," our borders perhaps we should focus on enforcing the laws we already have regarding undocumented labor. If it's unnatractive to come to the USA illegally, it seems to me that less people will do so.

I don't blame the immigrants at all. If I lived in some shit hole place in Mexico, and my only prospect for the future is to become an old decrepit guy living in a shit hole, I'd be looking to get out and get into whatever I felt offered me the best opportunity, by whatever means neccessary.

If I knew that traipsing across the border into the USA would only find me destitute because no one would hire me even for a day to pick beans, I'd be less inclined to want to go there illegally.

But that's just me, I don't know the answer, but I do know that the influx of illegal immigrants into the USA is a problem and needs to be addressed.

I agree with this. You can't keep blaming illegal immigrants while turning blind eyes on those US business that hire illegal immigrants. Stop hiring them and they'll stop cross border to US. No one want to risk everything to cross border to become bums.

But some of more paranoid bigots seem to think that illegal immigrants come to conquer US.smile
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2005, 08:20:46 AM »

But some of more paranoid bigots seem to think that illegal immigrants come to conquer US.Smile

Quit acting like a child.

You won't get far in life if you have to resort to name calling, in order to argue your opinion.

Now, back to the facts at hand.

When you have the Mexican gov't handing our brochures, on how to illegally enter the US, and when radical groups like this have long promoted illegal immigration as a way to "take back" the SW, and when you have a member of LULAC claiming that Texas has been conquered, don't be surprised if some Americans take it seriously.

I for one welcome our Minuteman overlords  biggrin
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2005, 01:40:34 PM »

I see the usual self-righteous brigade broke out the race card.

All we need now is someone banned from OO to complain about trolls.  Wait...
warning

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2005, 02:13:28 PM »

Feel free to discuss the issues involved.

But stay away from the personal comments & insults.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2005, 04:54:28 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
Feel free to discuss the issues involved.

But stay away from the personal comments & insults.

Word. Thats what I said. Or somedthing. Or perhaps I just wanted to follow you around after I found out about your nasty spitting habits  Cool
Ranulf
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2005, 07:11:47 PM »

Quote from: "VynlSol"

On topic:

I agree with this. You can't keep blaming illegal immigrants while turning blind eyes on those US business that hire illegal immigrants. Stop hiring them and they'll stop cross border to US. No one want to risk everything to cross border to become bums.

But some of more paranoid bigots seem to think that illegal immigrants come to conquer US.smile

This is of course the problem. Any time folks get close to going after the corps. hiring illegals, polits slap it down (and its far from being limted to one particular party doing that). Its quite obvious to me, that most folks in washington are not looking beyond their little bubble world, aka only inside the beltway. This country needs immigration yes, but its out of fucking control and its in no way as safe as it could be. People need to get active, harrass their so called elected officials and rally to get laws changed and the ones we have, actually enforced as best as possible.
Victoria Raverna

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2005, 01:24:57 AM »

But some of more paranoid bigots seem to think that illegal immigrants come to conquer US.Smile

Quit acting like a child.

You won't get far in life if you have to resort to name calling, in order to argue your opinion.

I just stated my opinion, it is not my fault if you think you're member of the group of people that I called paranoid bigots.
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2005, 01:25:56 AM »

Nonsense. I live in Texas, the same as CrayolaSmoker. This state has not been taken over by hispanics, and anyone who says it has been is an idiot. I'll leave it to other to discern what sort of person might take the glib chatter of an idiot as gospel.

Illegal immigration is an economic problem. If 3 million people are coming into this country every year to take jobs that those of us already living here won't take because they're not economically worth the sort of pay that Americans demand, then we have a core economic issue to deal with. I'm not sure how to deal with it -- but I certainly don't want to be paying 2 to 3 times more for my produce and meat.

Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2005, 01:28:28 AM »

Quote from: "Jumangi"
The people who don't think the flood of illegal immigration isn't that big of deal don't live in one of the states being affected by it. Being a Arizona resident I see it every day.

I'm a native Texan. We have a vibrant, wonderful Hispanic community in this state. We would be a far lesser community without them.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: