http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 04:55:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8/25 DOOM movie trailer  (Read 1140 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2005, 06:35:50 PM »

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/doom.html

The way they did the first person filming looks interesting. I also liked he plasma gun. Least I think thats what it was. I just hope its not all a zombie flick.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 07:14:02 PM »

I know the game-to-movie conversion formula tells us this will be crap.  But I like what I see in the trailer.  I think the FP camera looks great and really captures the feel of the game.  So far I think it looks like a fun popcorn action flick.  I won't be surprised if I'm wrong and it sucks, though.
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 07:50:58 PM »

I think I'll wait to hear just how much of it is in that first-person view... and if it is crap. Seems mildly interesting, yet not enough to think I would see it in theaters.

LiveTAG: happydog
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 08:37:17 PM »

Wow, that just looked...awful.  Not that I was expecting Oscar-caliber, but everything about that trailer just screamed low-budget crap.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Scuba-V
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 08:43:22 PM »

The trailer itself was very poorly done IMO, and I'm not sure how much I like the first person view.  However, neither are good indicators of how good (read: how fun) the movie will be.  This will stay on the radar, and hopefully word of mouth will be generally positive.  I don't expect it to get warm reviews by the critics, but they seem more concerned with how "good" a movie is, not how enjoyable it is.

Who reads these anyway?
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 01:22:09 AM »

Looks like crap, but there's something compelling about those FPS shots. They were the best part of the trailer, in my opinion.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 02:02:02 AM »

Looks... meh.  Liked the first trailer better.  The biggest draw for me right now is to find out how the FPS sequences in the film are justified.  Very hard to pull off that camera choice in a movie.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 02:07:31 AM »

Quote from: "CrayolaSmoker"
Looks... meh.  Liked the first trailer better.  The biggest draw for me right now is to find out how the FPS sequences in the film are justified.  Very hard to pull off that camera choice in a movie.

It's supposed to be like the last 15 minutes of the movie or something like that. One thing I liked and didn't like was the "naming" of each character. I like how each are named by their weapon, but the names strike me as ones a 13-year-old first time Quake III player might pick.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 03:25:41 AM »

http://www.consolegold.com/Articles/articles.php?artID=76

See page 2.  I sat through one of the sequences at this event.  It was about six minutes long and was very intense.  They did a good job with it.  They said that the plan was to have three of these sequences throughout the movie.  Most of the FPS from the trailer is from the first sequence that we were shown.  

As I stated in the Wrap today, I'm looking forward to this movie now...and I can thank the QuakeCon event and today's trailer for it.  

1. The FPS sequence
2. The Rock is more of a supporting role to the main character.
3. The atmosphere.

Also note, this story is not the same.  Like the Hitchhiker's Guide, there are similar plot points but the cause of the monsters is completely different from what was in Doom 3.  smile  I really think this movie is on track to beat the Video Game to Movie conversion.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
The General
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 06:43:18 AM »

Video games to movies, is um well dont seem to work out too well most of the time.

I may get heat for saying this, but to me, street fighter and mk 1 & 2 is the best video game to movie i seen. Maybe because i'm a big fan of both, so its all good.

I have no plans to go see doom, and thats it.

Why are you trying to make fun of me?
You think it's funny?
What the ____ you think you're doing to me?
You take your turn lashing out at me.
I want you crying with your dirty ass in front of me - K.O.R.N.

* The World Aint Knowing "
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 07:41:28 AM »

I thought the first Mortal Kombat film was decent... Annihilation on the other hand was a giant piece of shit.  I saw the first Street Fighter a looooooong time ago and thought it was pretty cheesy, but somewhat entertaining.  This Doom trailer looks alright, and the idea of the Rock as an actor has grown on me a bit.  I really wish he could be the lead in a comedy, the guy is downright hilarious.  He is probably the only bright spot in the movie Be Cool... him and Vince Vaughn actually.

Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 02:11:29 PM »

That looks beyond awful, into a new realm of suckage.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 02:55:36 PM »

Derail! The Super Mario Bros. movie is a guilty pleasure of mine, though I don't think I could watch the whole thing at once, if it was on TV or whatever. Despite that, the movie's funky. And those jump boots rock so hard.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2005, 04:36:03 PM »

I liked Double Dragon for Alyssa Milano.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2005, 07:25:23 PM »

You know, I want to like Doom the movie, but I am very unsure about the idea of watching it from the point of view of somebody I can't control while The Rock whispers in my ear.

It looks more like one of those rides you get at Universal Studios than a movie.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2005, 07:30:48 PM »

Quote from: "Doomboy"
You know, I want to like Doom the movie, but I am very unsure about the idea of watching it from the point of view of somebody I can't control while The Rock whispers in my ear.

It looks more like one of those rides you get at Universal Studios than a movie.

The scene I saw was when the main character was alone.  It was, for six minutes, him versus the station.  It was a really intense clip.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: