http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 05:05:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4th of July Weekend?  (Read 3618 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: June 30, 2004, 05:38:27 PM »

What are your plans for the fourth?  Anything?  Gaming?  Hiking?  Sulking because you have no friends?  Working?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 05:53:40 PM »

Just hanging out for my birthday...nothing special planned that I know of, but who knows *shrug*.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 06:08:09 PM »

Some friends are having a BBQ that day, and then I'll be heading to see the fireworks after that.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 07:00:19 PM »

Celebrate the dog's birthday and cook ribs.  Yummy fall-off-the-bone BBQ ribs!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 07:31:36 PM »

Engagement photos that keep getting postponed due to the weather here sucking wind. Bill's description of Lone Star Weather on the front page of GG was spot-on. We keep trying, it keeps raining, and so forth. My Lady's birthday is actually July 4, so it will be all-birthday all-weekend, along with wedding stuff too.

/kicks himself for not forcibly suggesting Vegas as an alternative

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 07:39:23 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
My Lady's birthday is actually July 4, so it will be all-birthday all-weekend, along with wedding stuff too.

Tell her to pick another day to be born on...that's mine! slywink

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 08:54:27 PM »

I get Monday off of work too, so I'll probably spend some time with City of Heroes.  Since that game is such a huge time sink (but awesome fun!), I hope I get a chance to play Spider-Man 2.

There's also a lot of DVDs laying around here that I haven't gotten around too.  I really should watch The Hulk.  I've had it for months, but haven't watched it yet.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 09:01:22 PM »

Quote from: "Nth Power"
I really should watch The Hulk.  I've had it for months, but haven't watched it yet.

Sell it immediately, you'll be glad you did.  Ang Lee took the totally wrong angle for this film and you WILL be looking at your watch about 20 min. into the movie.

There are better recent hero movies (X-Men, X2: X-Men United, Spider-Man and even Daredevil)...watch one of those again if you have them.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 09:22:10 PM »

I found that watching paint dry was far more exciting than The Hulk.  :/

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2004, 04:46:28 AM »

and even Daredevil

Ok, you went too far with that one. Daredevil is definitely worse than the Hulk, which is itself and abomination mind you.

Daredevil is not only the worst superhero movie ever created, it is one of the worst movies ever created.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2004, 04:53:38 AM »

I didn't mind Daredevil.  I didn't think it was particularly great, but I've seen worse.  

I can see how one would hate it if you were deep into the Daredevil mythos.  From what I know of Daredevil it didn't seem to mirror anything but the costume and name.  Ben Affleck isn't my favorite actor.  A little too much woe es me angst.

At least it didn't look terrible, which is more than I can say about The Hulk.

I suggest an X-Men/X-Men 2 back to back viewing.  Smile.  Those blew my expectations away.  The hype over the new Spiderman has me itching to see it now as well.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2004, 04:53:56 AM »

But not the worst superhero ever...that honor is split between Captain Planet and Aquaman.  Uh...one guy is a greenpeace nut with no real powers unless people believe in him (might as well be the Easter Bunny for crying out loud!) and the other can talk to fish...uh whatever man.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2004, 04:59:34 AM »

But Aquaman is now eXtreme!  He has a wicked spear where he lost a hand (presumably while locked in mortal hand-to-fin combat with Jaws) and a sweet new beard to match is flowing, golden mane.  Have you seen how ripped he is now?  Give me some of that new Stacker 2, stat!

Captain Planet.  I never did figure out what was so super about him.  He could fly and talk to children.  Big deal.

Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2004, 05:16:21 AM »

Oh, indeed, indeed. Daredevil is a cool superhero, I always liked him; not my favorite hero, but pretty cool. I never liked the Hulk, his back story was neat at the time but I thought he was crappy character.

Daredevil was raped in that movie, it should never have been made. I think Maddox put it quite nicely...

http://maddox.xmission.com/dare_devil.html

Do also check out his reviews of Matrix 2 and 3  :lol:
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2004, 05:54:51 AM »

I just bet you can't wait for the Elektra movie. :twisted:

How about Catwoman?  Purrfection or hairball?

I am very interested to see where they go with the next X-Men movie.  They set up the ending for a retelling of the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga, but I simply can't imagine that being done in film, let alone a single, 2-hour film.  I need to go re-order that graphic novel now that I am thinking of it.  Good stuff!

Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2004, 06:06:00 AM »

How about Catwoman? Purrfection or hairball?

Can't possibly be worse than DareDevil. slywink

They set up the ending for a retelling of the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga,

Oh man, I know! I'm such a dork, I was jumping around in all my nerd-know-it-all glory yelling, "Look, everyone, it is Phoenix! They're are gonna do Phoenix next! I wonder if they'll focus on Dark Phoenix!?"

Then they threw me out of the theatre. And... I saw this guy outside and I said to him, "Did you see? That premonition of PHOENIX?! DUDE, thye're gonna do PHOENIX!" Then he stabbed me in a neck.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2004, 10:25:48 AM »

OK, now half of me wants to watch The Hulk, just to see how bad it is.   I've heard the mixed reviews before, but I'm more inclined to believe you guys.  I'm developing the "driving past the scene of an accident" syndrome.  You know you shouldn't look, but you still do...

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: