http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 01:22:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 40 years ago today.....Jim Morrison R.I.P  (Read 181 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2011, 05:20:49 PM »

December 8, 1943 July 3, 1971

I love The Doors,but i wasn't even born when Jim Morrison died icon_confused it wasn't until the late 80s early 90s that i started to like them and it was those years i found out that it was The Doors who first did People are Strange,i thought it was Echo and the Bunnymen from The Lost Boys soundtrack saywhat

My favourite Doors album in fact is one that got slated on release,The Soft Parade(so i have read)

Just like Queen i haven't been remotely interested in anything they released after their lead singers death,although i know that all the band wrote the songs on the previous albums,i did buy An American Prayer however

some friends i have don't like The Doors,and for once i can see why not,i am surprised i like them so much TBH,Jim Morrisons vocals are not the kind i am usually into on first listen,but once i got more into them you can hear much more of Morrisons deep voice and some of the lesser known songs also had that passion and strength

There has been some confusion on how he actually died,i think i always thought it was a heart attack in the bath tub,probably from Oliver Stones version of events in his film 'The Doors',but there was some discussion that it was a plain and simple heroin overdose Roll Eyes

either way,there aren't enough bands around like The Doors nowadays
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 06:07:11 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 05:57:49 PM »

Not sure that it matters much how Morrison died, he was an incredible flame that burned way too hot.  There was no doubt that he would flame out eventually. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 09:04:44 PM »

I haven't listened to them much recently but I went on a huge Doors kick in the 90s. I read all the books I could find about them and watched the movie over and over. I still love them and have all their albums (including An American Prayer, which I actually really like).

Jim Morrison was a fascinating dude. I'm not sure if he was a genius or just an asshole, but I'm guessing a bit of both.  icon_smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: