http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 12:25:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 24: Season 7 (spoiler tags are certain!)  (Read 37661 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2009, 04:09:13 AM »

she looked like something out of a Japanese survival horror game, but in a good way  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2009, 05:34:47 PM »

I'm getting a bit sick of "sick Jack" as a plot device.  I thought for sure Cougarette was here to save him but maybe they felt it was too obvious?  There's only a few episodes left, I don't want to see Jack convulsing and spazzing out the rest of it, I want some serious ass kicking and/or torture.

Spoiler for Hiden:
P.S.  Next season is already casting, I read it would take place in New York.  CTU is resurrected.  Chloe, the Prez and Annie all returning.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2009, 05:39:43 PM »

Jack has to get better, but how? Guess his daughter is going to change her mind or something else is going to pop up. It has to!

I don't know whether to root for Tony's slow, painful death, or cheer him on. The dood is flip-flopping too much, or is he? Looks like it all boils down to the affections of a hot blonde - I'm so disappointed in him (or am I?). Guess Jack will have to cap him - or maybe not. Sheesh.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2009, 06:54:33 PM »

I think it's funny that Will Patton of all actors may be the one playing the ultimate bad guy. Whenever I see him I keep thinking about Bruce Willis' buddy in Armageddon and the lame ass bad guy in Postman. Tony I think has his own reasons for doing what he's doing, and I'm convinced he wants to screw the people he's working for and set off the bio-weapon in the middle of DC as a giant F-U to the government who screwed him and killed his wife. Basically the worst case scenario if Jack Bauer had gone postal after Teri's death. But that's my train of thought.

Just stick the landing... just stick the landing... just stick the landing...

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2009, 07:00:55 PM »

Did anyone catch the preview for next week?
Spoiler for Hiden:
Tony and what looked like the prez's daughter making out?

Because I can,
tiktokman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2009, 07:02:12 PM »

I thought it was a poor choice to have Tony give the 'let's save the planet' speech before the previews of next week. I mean, how can I trust the guy? Maybe global warming is the only thing that is stopping him from killing us all.
* tiktokman throws a plastic bottle in the trash and saves 100 lives

Please do the same.

Tony must be stopped!
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2009, 07:44:52 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 21, 2009, 07:00:55 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I think it was the woman who gave Hodges the ineffective pill.  I assume the blonde hair was a wig, which would explain why she looked different.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2009, 08:58:42 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on April 21, 2009, 07:44:52 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on April 21, 2009, 07:00:55 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I think it was the woman who gave Hodges the ineffective pill.  I assume the blonde hair was a wig, which would explain why she looked different.

That and she took it off in the car towards the end of the episode. smile

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2009, 09:18:02 PM »

Ah, I must have missed that. Towards the end I was only half paying attention as I was busy killing cubans.

Because I can,
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2009, 01:18:30 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 21, 2009, 09:18:02 PM

Ah, I must have missed that. Towards the end I was only half paying attention as I was busy killing cubans.

Ceekay, why do you hate Communism so?

PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2009, 01:12:20 PM »

Tony is OFFICIALLY a bad guy. He's capped three Feds now. Time for him to pay. Sorry, Tony, you're on my [bleep] list.

Olivia is going to do something she'll regret later.

Chloe is going to save the world.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2009, 02:08:58 PM »

I'm thinking Chloe may meet up with Edgar by the end of this season as a capper of Tony's evil deeds. Don't know why exactly but I think it was the parting shot of her and Morris split screened that did it in my view. I hope I'm wrong but you never know. I loved how Jack started going crazy at the end and invoking the name of the series' greatest character outside of himself. I'm concerned now that Aaron may get hung out to dry and he deserves better.

But I have to wonder - is Jack going to chase a circle of evil balloons now? Is that what we've come to - evil via WebEx? I have a buddy there in sales that I need to query about that. smile

Just stick the landing... just stick the landing.... just stick the landing...

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2009, 05:56:26 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on April 28, 2009, 02:08:58 PM

I'm thinking Chloe may meet up with Edgar by the end of this season as a capper of Tony's evil deeds. Don't know why exactly but I think it was the parting shot of her and Morris split screened that did it in my view. I hope I'm wrong but you never know.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I hope it's not a spoiler to say Chloe's already signed for next season.  As is the Prez and the redhead, I think I posted this somewhere.  But I guess just in case I'll put it in a spoiler.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2009, 06:12:02 PM »

Best part of the episode was Janeane Garofalo getting the full broadside of Jack's verbal beatdown. Oh lord, was that ever glorious.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2009, 02:17:22 PM »

Seems weird to me that they didn't pursue the obvious course of action- instead of booting up the CTU servers (WTF?), have Jonas log them into whatever software he uses to contact the "Group" and have Chloe do some sort of fancy IP hacking to track them down. 
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2009, 04:05:45 PM »

But then we wouldn't have had the Jack Bauer Power Slap delivered to Garofalo. smile

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2009, 04:23:22 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on April 28, 2009, 06:12:02 PM

Best part of the episode was Janeane Garofalo getting the full broadside of Jack's verbal beatdown. Oh lord, was that ever glorious.
+1

If they had a 1 hour show filled with various people yelling at Janeane Garofalo, I'd watch.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2009, 04:24:17 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on April 29, 2009, 02:17:22 PM

Seems weird to me that they didn't pursue the obvious course of action- instead of booting up the CTU servers (WTF?), have Jonas log them into whatever software he uses to contact the "Group" and have Chloe do some sort of fancy IP hacking to track them down. 

Aren't they trying to make it appear that Jonas is dead though?

I do agree that booting up the old CTU servers seems like a strange way to go.  Was CTU the only agency that had detailed info on terrorist sleeper cells?

Also if Jonas doesn't know who is contacts were why does the President's daughter want him dead so badly?  I find it hard to believe that it's just because of her brothers' death.  She seems to cold and practical for that.  

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2009, 04:26:17 PM »

That's because I think the President's daughter is in on it. Either that or she's just staggeringly stupid and blinded by her own ambitions. At least Sherry Palmer was intelligent and could see how all the pieces could fit together to further her own agenda, which is what made her so threatening. This chick is a lightweight by comparison. smile

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2009, 05:45:32 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on April 29, 2009, 04:24:17 PM

Aren't they trying to make it appear that Jonas is dead though?

I don't think that would matter.  Confiscate Jonas's computer, bring it into his holding cell so he can log in or whatever, and have Chloe go to work.  One or two more people in on his "secret" isn't really going to matter. 

I do agree that booting up the old CTU servers seems like a strange way to go.  Was CTU the only agency that had detailed info on terrorist sleeper cells?

They never really defined what CTU's role was in earlier seasons and how there jurisdiction differed from FBI, CIA, NSA, etc. 

Given comments made last night it sounds like they are sort of retconning it into a agency that was given some kind of authority to do blanket surveillance that wasn't authorized in other agencies' jurisdictions and has since been considered to be potentially illegal (hence the closure of the agency, lock-up of their files, and the senate hearings).  Kind of like a mashup of the NSA and FBI where they had they full authority to use any electronic means necessary to do domestic surveillance. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2009, 03:15:21 PM »

if the Group is smart they'd have removed his login the moment his contract was terminated.  seeing as there's only a few episode left I have a feeling this Group may play a part in season 8, where it will be revealed they've been behind everything for all 7 seasons.

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2009, 03:50:23 PM »

The group has been too exposed for that, both to us viewers and to the investigators in the show. I suspect Jack is going to take down Tony and the impersonator-chick, plus her contact in the Group by the end of the season. Following their takedown, the rest of the group disassembles and never meets again. Or Chloe manages to bypass the anonymity of the network and traces every computer involved, leading to big arrests.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2009, 03:53:06 PM »

Which is probably what's going to happen, ergo the resurrection to some degree of CTU next season. I don't think there's going to be one giant ultimate mastermind behind all the events for the previous years, if only because that would strike me as essentially retconning 24 (in spirit) to fit in with some heretofore unannounced supervillain. I still think Jack Bauer goes out in the end next year, but we'll see. smile

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2009, 08:07:30 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on April 30, 2009, 03:53:06 PM

Which is probably what's going to happen, ergo the resurrection to some degree of CTU next season. I don't think there's going to be one giant ultimate mastermind behind all the events for the previous years, if only because that would strike me as essentially retconning 24 (in spirit) to fit in with some heretofore unannounced supervillain. I still think Jack Bauer goes out in the end next year, but we'll see. smile

The first few seasons, there were occasional hints that there was a large conspiracy that was behind everything, although this hasn't been mentioned the past few years.  Nina made some comments that seemed to indicate she was working for someone we never met, and we never found out who Mandy (the one who blew up the plane in the very first episode, poisoned Palmer, and kidnapped Tony) was really working for.  I don't know if they'll go this way or not, but there is some foundation for it.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2009, 08:59:01 PM »

Mandy wasn't working for anyone. She's a hired gun available to anyone who can pay. It also doesn't make sense that Nina's organization would be the same as the one we're seeing in this season. Our current evil organization consists of nothing but leaders of US private military groups. Nina's organization was based in Germany.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2009, 09:26:49 PM »

See I thought Nina's org was the one who setup Palmer at the end of season 2, then was vanquished off screen at the beginning of season 3.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 30, 2009, 09:30:26 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on April 30, 2009, 09:26:49 PM

See I thought Nina's org was the one who setup Palmer at the end of season 2, then was vanquished off screen at the beginning of season 3.

They actually dealt with the S2 loose ends in 24: The Game. 
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 01, 2009, 08:19:59 PM »

I miss Nina. She was so much fun to hate.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: May 01, 2009, 11:08:30 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on May 01, 2009, 08:19:59 PM

And good looking.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 01, 2009, 11:36:54 PM »

Quote from: PaulBot on May 01, 2009, 11:08:30 PM

And good looking.

I don't know...

she always looked kinda mannish to me.

Because I can,
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: May 02, 2009, 01:11:37 AM »

I finally started to watch 24 on DVD beginning Season 1 about a month ago. Now I am watching Season 3, have 4 more episodes to go, and I like the Season 2 the best. Somehow Season 3 is not that good as Season 2.

Also, I notice so many different actors who werenít that famous back then, including Jin from The Lost, Syler from Heroes, and 2-3 actors from Desperate Housewives.

And I didnít know Chloe wasnít first and second season.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 02, 2009, 01:14:25 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 01, 2009, 11:36:54 PM

Quote from: PaulBot on May 01, 2009, 11:08:30 PM

And good looking.

I don't know...

she always looked kinda mannish to me.

She's on, I swear to you, the new TNT show "Trust Me." My response? "IT'S NINA MYERS AND SHE'S A MOM! KILL HER!!!"

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2009, 01:17:23 AM »

Quote from: biggercup on May 02, 2009, 01:11:37 AM

I finally started to watch 24 on DVD beginning Season 1 about a month ago. Now I am watching Season 3, have 4 more episodes to go, and I like the Season 2 the best. Somehow Season 3 is not that good as Season 2.

Also, I notice so many different actors who werenít that famous back then, including Jin from The Lost, Syler from Heroes, and 2-3 actors from Desperate Housewives.

And I didnít know Chloe wasnít first and second season.

Season 3 bored me more than anything else. It has that stunner of a climax involving Chappelle but otherwise, meh. Season 4's first half sucks, but at the mid-way point it gets infinitely better. It does, however, introduce Secretary Heller who you're going to absolutely love because of how badass he is. Season 5 is, for me, the pinnacle of how great the show can be. IMO, everything in every single episode works, even the crazy stuff. Season 6 blows but I loved the last 15 minutes of the finale. Season 7 has, thus far, given 5 a run for its money and if they manage to stick the landing it'll be my favorite season yet.

/crosses fingers

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 04, 2009, 01:04:40 PM »

Personally I think Season 3 is quite underrated.  I kind of like how it's broken up in three distinct acts and IMO 24 has never been better than the final act of Season 3. 

Season 2 gets my nod for best season overall and pretty much the first three seasons are pure gold.  Everything since Season 3 hasn't been nearly as good though still enjoyable.  They just ceased being able to top themselves. 
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 04, 2009, 02:40:59 PM »

I completely agree with you there Kevin.  Not many seem to agree but I've always thought the second series was the best, followed by series one and then three.  I think that the first was the most nail-biting though, mostly because Jack was trying to complete his mission as well as rescue his family.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2009, 06:29:11 PM »

Season 3 is still my favorite season.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 05, 2009, 02:22:03 AM »

Okay, this episode and the last felt like filler for the big finish. I really hope Olivia goes down by the end of the season and that Aaron shoots her. A lot. Then walks away and saves Jack Bauer before disappearing into the sunrise.

PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: May 07, 2009, 04:47:42 PM »

Jack, Aaron, Chloe And Freckles as the new CTU.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: May 07, 2009, 05:56:46 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on May 05, 2009, 02:22:03 AM

Okay, this episode and the last felt like filler for the big finish. I really hope Olivia goes down by the end of the season and that Aaron shoots her. A lot. Then walks away and saves Jack Bauer before disappearing into the sunrise.

I'm wondering if it wasn't Aaron who actually hired the killer or did the killing himself. It would be somewhat out of character for him, but so is the stuff with Tony right now.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 07, 2009, 06:37:03 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 07, 2009, 05:56:46 PM

Quote from: whiteboyskim on May 05, 2009, 02:22:03 AM

I'm wondering if it wasn't Aaron who actually hired the killer or did the killing himself. It would be somewhat out of character for him, but so is the stuff with Tony right now.

But I could see Tony having broken completely when he came back in Season 5. Remember how quick he was to try to kill Robocop? Add onto that many years of doing things he "regrets" and I can totally buy him as a bad guy who just wants to inflict as much damage as he can to the city that he feels screwed him.

Aaron though I'm going to be peeved at if he's a bad guy too because he's one of the genuinely good guys in the "24"-verse. I wish they'd spelled out a little more what happened with Martha but oh well.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: