http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 08:20:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 24: Season 7 (spoiler tags are certain!)  (Read 37526 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2009, 09:18:13 AM »

Thoughts on the latest episode?

I wasn't expecting the bad guy (Tony's friend) to die so soon. Thought he was going to be one of the main characters. Guess we ruled that out now! (Happened in season 4 too with the guy who sent his son to deliver the package. Turns out he was just one of the pawns in a bigger game when you thought he was the main terrorist.)

Glad the hot redhead FBI agent pulled through. She's too hot to be killed off this soon! Her being one of the bad guys (or girls) is pretty much ruled out now I think.

The President wow.. she had the chance to prevent the loss of innocent American lives but chose to ignore it despite pleads from her advisors to withdraw American forces.
Then after the terrorist attack and with the threat of a new one, she still doesn't budge. Secretary of state resigns in protest over her foreign policy. American lives must mean less to her than nation building. Are they trying to compare her to one of our presidents perhaps?

Even with the President's poor decisions (IMO) it's still turning out to be a lot better than I originally thought. This waiting a week just to watch what happens next is really starting to kill me!

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2009, 02:12:59 PM »

If America finds out that the President could have prevented the plane crash, they are gonna be PISSED! She really blew it. She should have withdrew our forces and gone back in later if needed.

"Are you with the FBI?"
"No, I'm a stay at home mom."
Great line!

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2009, 06:26:42 PM »

Just playing devil's advocate here...  I realize this is only a TV show so it's easier to make judgments, etc when characters are making tough choices.  But I am curious to hear if people really are saying the govt should back down/give in any time a terrorist makes a legitimate threat?  Isn't the whole point of not negotiating with terrorists an important method of not allowing them to control/manipulate things?  In fact, as 24 fans, isn't that one of the fundamental Jack Bauer rules - never negotiate with the terrorists?  Why is it different in this scenario?  Would you feel differently if All-State guy made the call? 

Anyway, I'm still enjoying this season quite a bit more than last, here's hoping they keep up the pace!
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2009, 06:57:33 PM »

I don't know much about airliners, but don't they have their own radar? Even if you tell two different planes to fly to Point X at Time Y, wouldn't it still be kind of difficult for them to crash together? I mean with the speeds they're traveling, if one plane is a second or two off, wouldn't they miss completely?
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2009, 08:37:12 PM »

Yeah, there's no way it's this easy to cause collisions in the air.  But it doesn't matter, because with this fabled "CIP device" circumventing the magic firewall, the bad guys could be doing much worse stuff anyway.  If anything, it's being way underused at the moment.

By the way, Chloe is the coolest character in the series.  If they kill her off, Huw no watch no more!

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2009, 11:23:43 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on January 27, 2009, 06:57:33 PM

I don't know much about airliners, but don't they have their own radar? Even if you tell two different planes to fly to Point X at Time Y, wouldn't it still be kind of difficult for them to crash together? I mean with the speeds they're traveling, if one plane is a second or two off, wouldn't they miss completely?

Weather radar, but not "track other planes in the sky" radar.  Either way, yeah that whole scenario was pretty far fetched.  All that empty sky is really fucking big, and getting two planes to collide like that on purpose just by radioing in a couple of heading changes would be virtually impossible. 

The thing I don't get is this - air traffic control systems are basically localized management systems.  There's no reason why ATC at Washington Dulles needs to know about any ATC activities anywhere else in the country, as long as they have flight plan records.  So are ATC systems really all networked together?  If so, why?  If not, why would they be networked to anything at all?  Why is it even possible for someone to "tunnel in" and hack their system?

I mean, I'm not going to rag on 24 for coming up with implausible plot scenarios, but this whole "oh no the CIP device can hack into any of our national systems and bring the country to its knees" seems like a ridiculously contrived problem, to the point that it makes this season seem kind of dumb. 

Okay I lied, I guess I am going to rag on 24 for coming up with implausible plot scenarios.

Other than that I think this season is pretty good so far.  Some good plot twists.  I totally did not expect them to carry through with the stabbing, that was pretty disturbing. 

XBox Live:  JNacht
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2009, 12:59:26 AM »

It is just a TV show but I agree the "CIP device" seems like a far fetched idea. How could one single device hold the fate of millions of lives in it's hands without anyone being able to stop it until weeks later?
I think the season with President Logan was by far the most believable one, but I'm still enjoying season 7 because at the end of the day it's really just entertainment and you everything isn't meant to be taken literally. (Cylons having babies with humans, come on!)

The difference between Jack and the President is that Jack does negotiate with terrorists. Once he gets what he wants, he usually just kills them anyway though. I can't even recount the amount of times he had to cut a deal with one of the terrorists in order to get what he needed. Remember the submarine episode where the guy agreed to help them and then after it was done Jack shot him anyway? Or the guy who got all the American intelligence from Jack on a PDA and then once Jack had what he wanted the PDA blew itself up.
Why couldn't the President meet the demands of not interfering with foreign affairs of another country at least until the CIP device can be disabled? THEN bring American troops back and go on about with your nation building.
The way it is now, it seems like she cares more about lives over seas than she does her own American people. She had the chance to prevent the plane crash which she refused, and she has the chance to stop another attack. She refuses again. The terrorists don't even seem to want to kill innocent Americans in season 7, they just want their country left alone.
Whether you agree with policing the world or not, would it really be that bad to wait a few more weeks to launch the invasion in order to preserve tens of thousands of American lives? 

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2009, 05:07:10 AM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on January 27, 2009, 11:23:43 PM

I mean, I'm not going to rag on 24 for coming up with implausible plot scenarios, but this whole "oh no the CIP device can hack into any of our national systems and bring the country to its knees" seems like a ridiculously contrived problem, to the point that it makes this season seem kind of dumb. 
Yeah that's my feeling exactly. It's a bit disappointing that with a whole year off this is what they've got. But it's still 24 and Jack still rules, and hopefully he'll be biting into some terrorist necks soon.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2009, 07:11:59 PM »

Okay, last night was loads of fun. I loved the guy the president's daughter was talking to was "24" executive producer and writer David Fury. smile And then, who should appear but my second favorite character after Jack Bauer. Awesome. Doesn't matter that it makes no sense that he just happened to also be in DC. Who cares?!?! He's back for hopefully an extended role this season and I'm all over that. Also, Jack Bauer's intro was hi-larious. "With all due respect Madame President, ask around." Title card: Jack Bauer. Hahahahahahaha.

Next week, Freckles Bauer challenges Jack Bauer by slapping him silly.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2009, 08:05:02 PM »

I missed it...who came back?

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2009, 08:20:12 PM »

Is it just me or is Ike Duboku one of the dumbest criminal masterminds around.
Spoiler for Hiden:
The dumbass is in the US illegally, he abducts the president's husband, and then he has the nerve to have an American girlfriend who has his cell phone number. Not only that he uses her address to route bank funds, basically giving the feds a big stinking glowing red arrow pointing right to him. Dumb ass. On top of that he has the nerve to just walk around town after kidnapping the Presdient's husband. If the President was using her brain she would have issued a state, local and fed manhunt for the dumb ass as soon as she knew he stole the CIP device. Also, Jack has Duboku's cell phone number, can't they use that as a starting point to track his cell phone location via satellite?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2009, 09:11:36 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on February 17, 2009, 08:05:02 PM

I missed it...who came back?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Former Secret Service agent and all around badass mofo Aaron Pierce.  And I agree, that was awesome to see him show up.  I'm so hoping that at some point he gets to - reluctantly of course - put the hurt on someone.

XBox Live:  JNacht
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2009, 09:13:43 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on February 17, 2009, 08:20:12 PM

Is it just me or is Ike Duboku one of the dumbest criminal masterminds around.
Spoiler for Hiden:
The dumbass is in the US illegally, he abducts the president's husband, and then he has the nerve to have an American girlfriend who has his cell phone number. Not only that he uses her address to route bank funds, basically giving the feds a big stinking glowing red arrow pointing right to him. Dumb ass. On top of that he has the nerve to just walk around town after kidnapping the Presdient's husband. If the President was using her brain she would have issued a state, local and fed manhunt for the dumb ass as soon as she knew he stole the CIP device. Also, Jack has Duboku's cell phone number, can't they use that as a starting point to track his cell phone location via satellite?

Spoiler for Hiden:
  Was he wearing a hat?  It's my experience that wearing a hat (or, in some cases, glasses) while on a television show will cause even your closest relatives to not recognize you.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2009, 09:36:27 PM »

I really enjoyed last night's episode!  Pretty much all around fun with Chloe insulting the FBI dude, plus the spoiler return mentioned above, and finally the reveal of the mole.  No big surprise but I just wanted to hurry up and get it out there so the mole can go up against Chloe.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2009, 09:46:32 PM »

It was also really cool to see Chloe's husband and her child. Though it was through a pretty obnoxious Hyundai Genesis product placement.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2009, 10:30:48 PM »

I did think Morris' cameo was pretty funny. Comes back from commercial and "Hey! Morris!" Only later one did I throw my hands in the air and cheer at the other return. smile I love that he's the one Bill called in. This is totally turning into a "24" greatest hits year. I can't wait for Tony Todd to show up though. Which begs the question - is General Juma already en route to DC? Is he already there? What is the ultimate bad guy's true reason for instigating all this? Oh, and Freckles Bauer is hotter than hell. Period.

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2009, 10:42:40 PM »

Are those freckles or blood spatter?

Should be interesting how they're going to work her into a bikini during the story.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2009, 11:48:16 PM »

Quote from: PaulBot on February 17, 2009, 10:42:40 PM

Are those freckles or blood spatter?

Should be interesting how they're going to work her into a bikini during the story.

BAM!

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2009, 04:12:42 AM »

Oh, last night contained some major awesome.

Jack: "Open him up."

Me: "Wait. Is Jack Bauer awesome enough to hold a gun on an EMT so that the EMT slices open a bad guy on the streets of DC? HELL YES HE IS!"

Personally, I missed Aaron Pierce. Hopefully he'll show up again in next week's two hour evening. I love this season thus far. I absolutely love it. Of course the data disc only had one download and they had to get it right. Of course they were going to crash the mainframe so that the season wouldn't end before the half way point. Wait! They DID get the data and maybe the fallout will last the rest of the season? Who knows? I'm intrigued none the less.

Next week, Tony Todd versus Jack Bauer. Will the universe implode because so much awesome cannot exist within a certain proximity? It must be kept at a healthy distance. Failure to maintain the distance could cause irreparable harm to the fabric of the universe!!! WHOO-HOO!!!!

PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2009, 07:00:09 AM »

Next week: 2 hours of Jack & Tony!! WooHoo!! Go get 'em, guys!!

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2009, 07:34:15 AM »

Next week's preview looks good.. an assault on the white house? Definitely looks good, too bad I know I'm going to have to work monday night!

The data disc / government conspiracy was solved way too easily though. I still have to hand it to the season that had president Logan (season 5 maybe?) as the best 24 to date. That show at the end of every episode left you wondering what was going to happen next. Nothing seemed predictable and how far up the ladder did the bad guys go?
Season 7 is still good, but some of the stuff is getting predictable and most of the episodes aren't leaving you (or me anyway) in suspense of what might possibly happen next.

And when did Chloe become a mother? Last time I remember her having a kid at CTU it turned out it wasn't even hers and people thought she was crazy.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2009, 08:10:08 AM »

Can we please avoid spoilers about upcoming episodes? Some of us deliberately don't watch the previews.

I'm very pleased that they managed to get the whole list. The show was playing with us, the viewers, in that scene. We were all expecting the standard 24-formula where the list would get deleted for good, and then they'd just manage to get a cryptic clue or the name of one person from the mole in CTU... I mean, FBI. Then suddenly they get the whole list, undamaged. This has NEVER happened before in 24, as far as I can recall.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2009, 01:55:06 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 25, 2009, 08:10:08 AM

Can we please avoid spoilers about upcoming episodes? Some of us deliberately don't watch the previews.

Agreed. 

I'm very pleased that they managed to get the whole list. The show was playing with us, the viewers, in that scene. We were all expecting the standard 24-formula where the list would get deleted for good, and then they'd just manage to get a cryptic clue or the name of one person from the mole in CTU... I mean, FBI. Then suddenly they get the whole list, undamaged. This has NEVER happened before in 24, as far as I can recall.

Yep, I was quite pleased that they went against my expectations several times in the latest episode:

1) Jack hands police officer the super-secret data disc.  "No, Jack.  Don't give this redshirt the disc.  You need to stay with it! It will never make it to Choe intact!"  Few minutes later Chloe has it, no problem. 

2) Crash the server- "of course they can't give up the whole database now." - Server crashes but Chloe made an offsite backup!  Full list revealed. 

3) Billy Walsh walks out right as Chloe gets the full unencrypted file.  "Ah, he's going to escape right before they discover that he was in on it!"  Nope, he got nabbed.

4) Jack finds out that Kurtwood Smith's Chief of Staff is in on the conspiracy- "Ah, so the Senator that is gunning for Jack is corrupt.  That makes things a little too neat."  A few seconds later Jack asks Tony if the Senator is in on it and Tony's answer is an unequivocal "No, just the Chief of Staff." 

Really good season so far.  Not up to the early seasons but probably my favorite since Season 3.  I only hope the second half is as strong- the last five minutes last night had a sort of "oh shit, we've finished our plotline for the year, what are we going to do now" vibe similar to S1 when Terry and Kim were rescued halfway through. 
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2009, 03:25:56 PM »

Dammit, 24 is going up against Chuck next week. I watch like 3-4 shows a week, and 2 of them have to conflict, ugh.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2009, 03:50:50 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on February 25, 2009, 03:25:56 PM

Dammit, 24 is going up against Chuck next week. I watch like 3-4 shows a week, and 2 of them have to conflict, ugh.

8pm on Mondays is a bloodbath for our DVR.  Between my wife and I we've got Big Bang Theory & How I Met Your Mother and Gossip Girl.  Sarah Connor Chronicles used to be in that slot (thankfully moved now) and one of the reasons I didn't start watching Chuck was we didn't have room on the DVR for it (though I just picked up the first season on BD). 

Don't know what we'll do next week with 24 on there.  Probably need to use PlayOn to watch the CBS shows. 
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2009, 05:57:19 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 25, 2009, 01:55:06 PM

I only hope the second half is as strong- the last five minutes last night had a sort of "oh shit, we've finished our plotline for the year, what are we going to do now" vibe similar to S1 when Terry and Kim were rescued halfway through. 

Yeah, I thought there was the potential for some suckitude sneaking in, there.  They've done us proud up to now, though - series 7 has so far been much better than the last few series.  I doubt they'll top series 1 and 2, but this one is fun.  Here's hoping...

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2009, 06:17:05 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 25, 2009, 03:50:50 PM

Quote from: cheeba on February 25, 2009, 03:25:56 PM

8pm on Mondays is a bloodbath for our DVR.  Between my wife and I we've got Big Bang Theory & How I Met Your Mother and Gossip Girl.  Sarah Connor Chronicles used to be in that slot (thankfully moved now) and one of the reasons I didn't start watching Chuck was we didn't have room on the DVR for it (though I just picked up the first season on BD). 

Don't know what we'll do next week with 24 on there.  Probably need to use PlayOn to watch the CBS shows. 

My wife & I don't watch that much TV, but Monday is the busiest night for our DVR (Chuck, 24 & Heroes). Luckily my DVR has 4 tuners.

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2009, 08:18:18 PM »

You can always watch whichever of the shows listed so far (except Big Bang Theory) on Hulu.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2009, 04:32:32 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on February 25, 2009, 03:50:50 PM

8pm on Mondays is a bloodbath for our DVR. 

I seriously don't know how I'd handle Mondays 8-10pm without a DVR.  Chuck, House, 24, Heroes.   If CBS or ABC put a show that I wanted to watch on during that time frame I'd have to find something that could record more than 2 shows at a time.

I'm a couple of episodes behind (I'm up to 4pm or so) but so far I'm feeling kinda 'meh' about this season.  so far it seems like Jacn and Company are thwarting the bad guys at every move it seems.  I guess Jack's just gotten too damn good at his job.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2009, 04:36:47 PM »

Just watched the last episode.
There is only one small thing that I didn't like. When Tony request for Jack’s pardon, since Jack just saved the world for like 100th time, Madam President said she will think about it.

WHAT?   retard
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2009, 04:55:59 PM »

Quote from: biggercup on February 27, 2009, 04:36:47 PM

There is only one small thing that I didn't like. When Tony request for Jack’s pardon, since Jack just saved the world for like 100th time, Madam President said she will think about it.

WHAT?   retard
LOL, I liked that too. He just managed to get the CIP device from the terrorists and he managed to rescue her husband from certain death (though he did get shot, but hey nobody's perfect), not to mention proving himself completely trustworthy by helping to expose corruption in all branches of the government in the matter of like 3 hours, and she's gotta think about it.

Just another 24ism slywink.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2009, 10:18:20 PM »

OK, so next Monday looks to be when this season jumps the shark.....

Because I can,
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2009, 08:13:06 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 28, 2009, 10:18:20 PM

OK, so next Monday looks to be when this season jumps the shark.....

Yeah for real. Every major bad guy has been captured  and their plans ruined or they have been exposed. I guess they are going to make this a season 7.5, with  new plot lines revolving around the corruption. 

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2009, 09:30:28 PM »

But more importantly, how are they going to get Kim (and hopefully the mountain lion) back in the show?!?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2009, 01:40:35 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on March 02, 2009, 09:30:28 PM

But more importantly, how are they going to get Kim (and hopefully the mountain lion) back in the show?!?

the same mountain lion returns to chase her into the White House.

Because I can,
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2009, 04:49:57 AM »

Loads of fun tonight but these episodes didn't need to be paired. I easily could have lived with the first episode being the only one tonight then the two-parter next week being the siege plus the fallout from it. Good to see the head bad guy introduced earlier than I expected though.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2009, 06:35:07 AM »

Speak for yourself! If they cut off us the second before the siege and we had to wait an entire week just to see what happens.. I just may not make it through the week!

Seriously though it's getting a lot better than the lackluster (IMO) start we had, at least compared to previous seasons.

Knowing 24, I wouldn't be suprised if General Juma isn't even the main bad guy.. just one of the higher figures in a much bigger game.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2009, 06:53:01 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on March 03, 2009, 06:35:07 AM

Knowing 24, I wouldn't be suprised if General Juma isn't even the main bad guy.. just one of the higher figures in a much bigger game.

we all know he isn't Juma...

he's the Candyman.

Because I can,
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2009, 08:18:18 AM »

He's not the main bad guy. I think Jonas Hodges (Jon Voight) is.

PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2009, 02:14:46 PM »

Thoroughly enjoyed the two hours of insanity. Can't wait for next week. Keep it coming!

The President's probably the main bad guy  icon_biggrin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: