http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 08:48:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 24: Season 7 (spoiler tags are certain!)  (Read 37589 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2009, 12:48:21 AM »

well, it starts tonight.  I'm holding out hope that it's good but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

so, who else is in?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 03:28:42 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 12:51:37 AM »

IN!

Will be watching the entire season regardless of quality. I'm too much of a loyal fanboy to turn back until the series is done for good.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 12:59:19 AM »

Totally 100% IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 01:14:03 AM »

Out of curiosity, what has happened in the previous 6 seasons? I know the basic premise is to save the world from a disaster. What all has he done so far? Has he saved the world six times?
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 06:01:12 AM »

Anyone notice in the first hour right towards the beginning...
Spoiler for Hiden:
where the Firewall guy got kidnapped, there was a street signed named, "Old School?  I wonder if that was a message saying they are going back to the glory days of Season 1 and 2 smile

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 07:02:42 PM »

Quote from: Jeff on January 12, 2009, 01:14:03 AM

Out of curiosity, what has happened in the previous 6 seasons? I know the basic premise is to save the world from a disaster. What all has he done so far? Has he saved the world six times?

Lots is what I would say has happened since. Just accept that a lot of shit has landed on Bauer, and he's worn out by this point. Go from there.

I enjoyed the heck out of tonight and it was great seeing Jack and Tony back together if only briefly. Can't wait for tonight. I'm guardedly optimistic though because last seasons first four episodes were ferociously kick-ass then it went off the cliff of stupid in episode 5 and never recovered. So I'm hopeful with the extra time off they really worked on this season. Already though I've deemed the First Gentleman's storyline as the snoozer for the season. Hopefully they'll finish it quickly and move on to more interesting things.

I'm really looking forward to the interrogation tonight. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 07:09:31 PM »

I confess I got into it late.  Day 6 was done before I really got into it - I had just watched a few shows here and there before renting Day 1 at the local Hollywood Video.  I think the wife and I watched 1-4 in less than a month.  We still haven't seen 6, simply because everyone said it sucked.  I think the flaw in Day 5 was they killed off too many main characters, making Day 6 suffer the consequences.

With that said, it was great to have 24 back.  Tony had long been my favorite character, so I'm willing to suspend my disbelief to get him back in the show.  Hell, I even skipped playing WoW to see 24!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 08:38:50 PM by Blackadar » Logged

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 07:10:16 PM »

Quote from: Jeff on January 12, 2009, 01:14:03 AM

You're kidding, right?

If not, you have a lot of DVDs to watch...

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 07:53:31 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on January 12, 2009, 07:09:31 PM

I confess I got into it late.  Day 5 was done before I really got into it - I had just watched a few shows here and there before renting Day 1 at the local Hollywood Video.  I think the wife and I watched 1-4 in less than a month.  We still haven't seen 5, simply because everyone said it sucked.  I think the flaw in Day 4 was they killed off too many main characters, making Day 5 suffer the consequences.

With that said, it was great to have 24 back.  Tony had long been my favorite character, so I'm willing to suspend my disbelief to get him back in the show.  Hell, I even skipped playing WoW to see 24!

Who told you Day 5 sucked? It's one of their best seasons. Day 1 is still my favourite because it was the original but Day 5 is pretty damn close. I definitely think you should watch Day 5. Day 6 on the other hand, is quite terrible.
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 08:28:47 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on January 12, 2009, 07:53:31 PM

I confess I got into it late.  Day 5 was done before I really got into it - I had just watched a few shows here and there before renting Day 1 at the local Hollywood Video.  I think the wife and I watched 1-4 in less than a month.  We still haven't seen 5, simply because everyone said it sucked.  I think the flaw in Day 4 was they killed off too many main characters, making Day 5 suffer the consequences.

Who told you Day 5 sucked? It's one of their best seasons. Day 1 is still my favourite because it was the original but Day 5 is pretty damn close. I definitely think you should watch Day 5. Day 6 on the other hand, is quite terrible.

I guess it all depends on how many Days in total you think there are... smile
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 08:38:13 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on January 12, 2009, 07:53:31 PM

I meant 6...I had a Senior Moment.  Edited.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 08:48:33 PM »

I'm hoping that, after this season is over, they release the 24/7 collection on Blu ray.

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »

IN!

Loved the premiere last night, and looking forward to tonight's continuation.  

BTW, are we doing open Spoilers in this thread or does everything need to be kept hidden?

One question:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Was the dead son of the President supposed to be the same hot guy we saw in 24: Redemption?  I assume it was but I wasn't sure if they might have had more than one son and I wasn't paying attention.  Was the girlfriend the same actress as in Redemption?  I just don't remember.

Anyone know when Chloe returns?
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 09:25:53 PM »

I had a minor revelation last night while watching 24.  In the past, I've always found the filler stories to be annoying.  I found them to be mostly weak and unsatisfying in light of the main story.  However, it hit me last night that 24 couldn't survive without them due to the show being framed in real time.  If it weren't for the cutaways to alternate stories during extended periods of transportation or bathroom visits in the main story, we'd have a show that consisted of numerous shots of Jack sitting in the passenger seat of a car going, "So...Bob was it?  How about those Colts?".

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 09:36:30 PM »

Well, they couldn't do that in the first 6 seasons, hepcat.  Everyone knows Los Angeles doesn't have a football team, silly!

icon_lol

Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 09:38:27 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on January 12, 2009, 09:36:30 PM

Well, they couldn't do that in the first 6 seasons, hepcat.  Everyone knows Los Angeles doesn't have a football team, silly!

Neither does Washington, DC!

/rimshot

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 09:40:26 PM »

And thus 24 continues its ancient tradition of involving all the actors from Robocop...

Also, I really liked the first two episodes. It's still 24, but more down to earth and believable, for what it is.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 03:30:04 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on January 12, 2009, 09:14:00 PM

BTW, are we doing open Spoilers in this thread or does everything need to be kept hidden?

I'd say use the tags for the really big stuff, like when they reveal Tony is really Teri Bauer in disguise.

Because I can,
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 04:06:12 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 13, 2009, 03:30:04 PM

Quote from: rittchard on January 12, 2009, 09:14:00 PM

I'd say use the tags for the really big stuff, like when they reveal Tony is really Teri Bauer in disguise.

HAWT!  thumbsup
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 04:31:25 PM »

I don't know, I'm not feelin' the love so far.  It just seems like they've got a template posted up in the writers' room and they're simply referring to it for each plot point.  I hope they break away from their formulaic approach, but I'm not optimistic.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 04:43:28 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on January 13, 2009, 04:31:25 PM

I don't know, I'm not feelin' the love so far.  It just seems like they've got a template posted up in the writers' room and they're simply referring to it for each plot point.  I hope they break away from their formulaic approach, but I'm not optimistic.

Well, it's still early yet.  But the first "twist" wasn't much of one.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 06:08:22 PM »

I'm really enjoying it thus far.  Maybe it's just that I miss the show in general, or that my memory is bad (very possible), but this 4 hour block certainly felt a lot stronger than the last one.  Basically I like the way things are set up in general this time.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Even though it's fairly ludicrous, I love the gritty, small-scale, "us against everyone" atmosphere that's set up.  I've always been a huge Chloe fan so I love that she's already in the mix as deep as it gets.  Basically we've got the hardest core CTU remnants against everyone, and I like it!  Will be interesting to see how they integrate Kim (is she just going to be the whiny daughter or actually get involved in helping our desperados?).  Would be really cool if they enlisted a couple of other characters from the past to help out.  The new FBI chick is pretty decent, she kind of reminds me of a blend between 24's Michelle and Scully.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 06:18:10 PM »

I'm calling it now, Janeane Garofalo (hardest to spell ever) is the mole.  The 24 Rule is that female characters are either dumb, crazy, evil, or dead.  She seems smart, and they're setting her up as semi-clueless and innocent, which sets her up nicely for the big reveal that the whole thing's been an act.  The new FBI lady seems competent, and it would be too obvious for her to be the mole (though not entirely unlikely), so I say she's dead before the halfway point. 

Note that Chloe so far is the one exception to the 24 Rule, and it wouldn't surprise me to see her offed this season either.

Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 06:42:36 PM »

The redhead FBI agent will be...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Jack's love interest!!!

Of course, I'm just speculating.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 07:30:10 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on January 13, 2009, 06:18:10 PM

I'm calling it now, Janeane Garofalo (hardest to spell ever) is the mole.  The 24 Rule is that female characters are either dumb, crazy, evil, or dead.  She seems smart, and they're setting her up as semi-clueless and innocent, which sets her up nicely for the big reveal that the whole thing's been an act.  The new FBI lady seems competent, and it would be too obvious for her to be the mole (though not entirely unlikely), so I say she's dead before the halfway point. 

Note that Chloe so far is the one exception to the 24 Rule, and it wouldn't surprise me to see her offed this season either.

Janeane Garofalo is so horribly miscast in this show that it's difficult to suppress laughter when she shows up.  She looks like a domestic abuse victim and gives everyone a look that says, "I really liked Heath Ledger's character in The Dark Knight...here's my impression of his scene with the mobsters at the beginning of the film!"

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 04:41:54 AM »

A little rusty on my 24 history but whichever season had president Logan, I remember nearly every episode ending leaving you in suspense wondering what would happen next. When the conspiracy started going all the way to the white house it really helped with the suspense because the ones you thought were bad (the vice president) were actually the good guys..

With season 7, IMO, they lost that feeling. The ending of episode 4 didn't really leave me wondering what would happen next. It's like they just ended the episode out of nowhere nothing big about to happen.

Spoiler for Hiden:
And with Jack having infiltrated so many terrorist cells saying how the government screwed him over, I find it incredibly hard to believe he's still alive pulling the same thing off all over again and they're letting him work with them. Just unbelievable. I was also hoping that Tony was really going to be one of the bad guys but of course not.. that's too much to ask for and it's starting to look predictable again.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 09:50:24 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on January 14, 2009, 04:41:54 AM

Stuff

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm the opposite.  This series has already, before the first episode ended, shown more than enough silliness.  Tony being a bad guy, after the history of the show and being one of a handful of people in the world Jack actually trusts, would have been the final straw that made me quit 24 altogether.  I'm so glad he was just undercover.

However, despite all the silliness, I still can't think of another TV show that does pure drama as well as 24.  I'm glad it's still going, even after a couple of duff series.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:56:21 PM by Huw the Poo » Logged

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009, 01:43:37 AM »

I used to be annoyed by the non-Jack portion of the show but I've grown to like it, I've dubbed it "CTU drama".

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2009, 05:40:46 PM »

I'm easily amused, so I've enjoyed it so far. Jack, Tony, Bill & Chloe together to save humanity!!

That female FBI agent is nice to look at - she needs a mini-skirt.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2009, 10:50:50 PM »

How I wanted Tony to be the bad guy.. that's what this series needs, a well known character playing as the bad guy for a change. His story would have been very believable after having lost everything. Getting too predictable now.

Maybe the hot redhead FBI agent will end up being one of the bad guys.. and what ever happened to all those guys that were working with President Logan, the ones who he kept calling and almost taking orders from? Did they just up and disappear?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2009, 11:15:33 PM »

Of course, maybe if the writers are smart:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Tony really IS the bad guy and he's just using Jack, who is unwittingly on the wrong side of the law for real.  Tony has recruited Bill, who duped Chloe into helping.

JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 03:10:30 AM »

Well, we just got our "silent countdown" of the season. If they don't wimp out and that actually happened to Renee then that is just plain harsh. Just when I thought 24 couldn't surprise me anymore, the writers find a way. We've watched Jack get out of those situations for so long that having him fail is unexpectedly shocking.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 06:43:46 AM »

Another good episode!

How long can one breathe under plastic & dirt?

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 07:12:54 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on January 20, 2009, 03:10:30 AM

Well, we just got our "silent countdown" of the season. If they don't wimp out and that actually happened to Renee then that is just plain harsh. Just when I thought 24 couldn't surprise me anymore, the writers find a way. We've watched Jack get out of those situations for so long that having him fail is unexpectedly shocking.

It never occured to me they might actually kill her off until you mentioned the silent countdown, ouch!

Spoiler for Hiden:
However, the actress is listed in imdb for all 24 episodes so I think she's fine.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 07:27:25 PM »

I didn't get the whole "silent countdown" thing.

Spoiler for Hiden:
'cause she ain't dead.

PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2009, 07:46:29 PM »

I noticed the silent countdown, but didn't know of its significance.

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 09:37:48 PM »

Surely the silent countdown was just to make you think she's dead, regardless of whether she is or isn't?  Seems to me the producers would be more likely to do that than just stick to some unspoken "agreement" only to do it when someone actually dies.

Good episode, anyway.  I think this series is actually getting better as it goes along.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2009, 12:48:37 AM »

I agree it got better with the last episode. The hardest part IMO is waiting a whole week just to see what happens next.

PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2009, 01:03:58 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on January 21, 2009, 12:48:37 AM

I agree it got better with the last episode. The hardest part IMO is waiting a whole week just to see what happens next.

+1! Cliffhanger endings are a love-hate relationship. I always yell at the TV "you can't stop there!"

It's actually good that I'm not able to access all the episodes at once because I'd stay up too late watching them. I did that a couple years ago when I first started watching 24 via Netflix.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2009, 01:32:05 AM »

I'm finally catching up on the second part of the premiere, and it took me a moment to remember who that guy was that Jack called, then I saw her and it clicked.

Because I can,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: