http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 12:15:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 24 just gets better and better...  (Read 1873 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2005, 09:43:16 AM »

This show is unmatched. Every year it gets better and better in my opinion. Anyone else think that too? After last nights show...WOW!
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 12:05:30 PM »

It was a very good episode.

Where have I seen Tony's girlfriend before?  She looked really familiar.
Jafisob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 05:23:37 PM »

I love this show but I never watch it during the season.  I wait and buy the DvD when it comes out.  That way I can watch it at my leisure and never have to worry about missing an episode.

I am glad to hear this season is good.  I will tell you guys what I think about it next year about this time.  :wink:
RaptorRed
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 07:04:23 PM »

Best series ever.

Everything is top notch.

Almost makes up for all the other pathetic,useless,mindless, crapp on TV, ........almost.

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 11:57:07 PM »

Tony always gets the hot chicks, what's up with that? hehe

Did anyone else think Kim was going to pop up?  In that scene in CTU as they panned across the office, there's a very blonde female(at least I hope it was a female) sitting, facing away from the camera. I hoped for one brief moment that the chair would swivel around and Kim jump up in all her jiggly glory.

This is indeed my favorite season of 24 since the first one. This show is in its prime.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 01:47:09 AM »

I like this season, I rank it as follows

Season 1
Season 2
Season 4
Season 3

However last nights episode was too predictable and boring.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 04:43:13 AM »

This show is always somewhat predictable...but in comparison with other shows...there really isn`t anything like it. To each his/her own :wink: .
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 03:28:02 PM »

24 is my favorite show ever, hands down.

I do have to say I am disappointed there was/is another mole at CTU.

Go Gunners...
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 10:30:16 PM »

I agree. CTU needs to be a bit more careful about their hiring etc. A mole every frickin year! Eco , you still on Live!?
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 02:44:43 AM »

This show is fantastic.  Fast passed entertaining and bad a$$.  Its the only show that I really look forwar to anymore.  I am happy to see the mole got nabbed.

BTW - what is in the needle that they keep threatening nad I think they gave to the white-girl?  Those tazer shots looked painful....
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2005, 05:11:08 AM »

I have no lcue what was in that needle. But I know I CAN`T wait `till tomarrow for more 24!!!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 03:51:46 AM »

Did anyone watch tonights episode??? Holy shit. Best time I`ve ever spend in front of a TV, other than video games :wink: .
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 06:17:51 AM »

alot better than last weeks.  Could have gone without the whole mom scene.  But, can't have everything smile

The last 10 mins was great
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 08:02:25 AM »

The filler in this show no longer involves Kim, that`s the only downside Tongue .
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 08:11:35 AM »

I loved that opening.

My jaw dropped when Driscoll and Curtis started plotting their damage control plan for their careers.  Yeah, I know there's all this torture and stuff going on, but for some reason that self-centered activity while tens of thousands of innocent lives were hanging in the balance really bothered me.  The scary/sad part is that it is totally believable, totally in keeping what we know people, who should know better, are capable of.

I also loved the scene between Jack and Mrs. Araz, where he tried to get her to help. Watching two good actors, with really juicy parts to play, work together in a scene like that was a pleasure most TV shows never provide.

Sadly, I got called away during Edgar's last scene regarding his mom. I started watching again when Jack & Tony arrived to see Behrooz and his dad running away. If anyone could fill me in on what happened, was Audrey able to get someone to help her, I'd appreciate it. I know the ending showed the mom still there watching TV, but is she stuck or just waiting for someone to get there?
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 01:42:13 PM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
I loved that opening.

Sadly, I got called away during Edgar's last scene regarding his mom. I started watching again when Jack & Tony arrived to see Behrooz and his dad running away. If anyone could fill me in on what happened, was Audrey able to get someone to help her, I'd appreciate it. I know the ending showed the mom still there watching TV, but is she stuck or just waiting for someone to get there?

Edgar found out nobody could help his mom, so he took his jacket and headed for the door.  Drisco saw him leaving and managaed to convince him to stay, because ...... wait for it....... that's what his mother would want him to do.

It's just too cheesy and doesn't really need to be on the show.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005, 07:29:31 PM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
My jaw dropped when Driscoll and Curtis started plotting their damage control plan for their careers.  

I was fiddling with Mozilla when this happened.  How did they damage control?  Curtis was going to change some documents or something??
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2005, 08:45:07 PM »

Quote from: "ElijahPrice"
I was fiddling with Mozilla when this happened.  How did they damage control?  Curtis was going to change some documents or something??

Yeah basically that's what they are going to do. That's not what shocked me though. It's the idea, that with all this total disaster going down, the first things they thought about was how to cover up their mistakes. This even tops seeing George Mason run away(although he did redeem himself in the end).

Thanks, naednek, that indeed sounds lame. I'm glad I missed it, I think I would have gagged.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 07:46:10 AM »

Dang, Jack surprised me. When he was washing his hands in front of Mrs Araz, I thought for sure he was going to go into full extreme interrogation mode. When he gets focused on that, bad things happen to the people being interrogated. People lose their heads...literally (i.e. season 2).  Hope it doesn't mean Jack is getting soft.
MrZubbleWump
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 04:54:50 PM »

What happened to the sniper? Did I miss something or did Jack and Tony just let a sniper pick off a suspect and do nothing about it.  We see the guy that Jack had just apreheneded take one in the chest , then the sniper walks away from some building rooftop and Jack and Tony are walking around as if there is no sniper to worry about.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005, 10:05:15 PM »

I am calling it now, the shock of the season:

The sniper is Chloe... :lol:
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005, 11:18:01 PM »

About the sniper: I assumed that Jack and Tony were more concerned with safeguarding the case at that point, and awaiting backup.  Two guys, chasing after a sniper of unknown description, can't secure an entire building.   Especially if one of them has to lug a briefcase around.  Running across open ground just exposes them to sniper fire too. That's why they stayed behind the vehicle.
MrZubbleWump
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2005, 02:33:46 AM »

two guys? TWO GUYS? We are talking about Jack and Tony.  Jack who with a rubberband could take out 30 machine gun armed terrorists. Two Guys...sheesh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: