http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 05:28:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 NHL Playoffs (LA Kings: Stanley Cup Champs)  (Read 16657 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: May 26, 2012, 02:50:16 AM »

Oh yes.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 26, 2012, 02:50:26 AM »

Awesome! Man Marty was great in that game.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 26, 2012, 02:52:46 AM »

Quote from: Devil on May 26, 2012, 02:50:16 AM

Oh yes.

COME AT ME BRO.

Also that win just saved me at least $100!
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 26, 2012, 02:59:50 AM »

gells - You going to a game in Jersey?

I'm going to try and get down there for game 2. Highly unlikely with wife and 2 kids now, it ain't like before but I'm going to try!

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 26, 2012, 03:03:32 AM »

I'm for sure going to game 1.  Out in Manhattan already for work that week.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 26, 2012, 03:09:12 AM »

Nice - Have fun, but not at the game.

theohall

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 26, 2012, 05:50:50 AM »

Quote from: walTer on May 25, 2012, 08:48:53 PM

And today it was announced that the NHL is looking into the actions of Phoenix for their actions after the game was over.

"After Dustin Penner's overtime goal won the Western Conference finals, Coyotes Martin Hanzal skated aggressively toward a referee, goalie Mike Smith threw his stick and Keith Yandle was quoted as saying the referees worked as teammates with the Kings."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-investigating-coyotes-post-game-163010386--nhl.html

As for Rozsival, yeah it was a hard hit.  Hard hits hurt.  Hockey is a full contact sport.  Painful yet not illegal nor does it warrant being tossed out of the NHL.

I am already looking forward to our first matchup next year. smile

/not sure who to root for tonight.  I think I would prefer to see New York but the Devils are pretty hot.

It's not like the Kings were Saints in this series or the series against the Blues.  I'd be curious to how that series turn out if Pietrangelo isn't boarded head first into the boards - which should have been a major and was in the Phoenix series - and had not had to miss the next game.  King should have been suspended - the same as Hanzal.  The hits are very similar yet King  - for the Kings - was not suspended.

Don't pull this crap about Phoenix Coyotes player's actions when the Kings have been playing beyond the edge for awhile now and getting away with it.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 26, 2012, 05:51:39 AM »

Go Devils!

Nice to see Bryce Salvador getting some good press on NHL.com.  Still mad the Blues traded him.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 26, 2012, 12:38:53 PM »

Ugh. Mandatory training until 7:30 on Wednesday. So I'll miss puck drop, for sure - hopefully I can get to the Rock in time for part of period 1, at least.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 26, 2012, 02:59:09 PM »

Unofficial poll, of course

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: May 26, 2012, 04:17:31 PM »

Quote from: theohall on May 26, 2012, 05:50:50 AM

And today it was announced that the NHL is looking into the actions of Phoenix for their actions after the game was over.

"After Dustin Penner's overtime goal won the Western Conference finals, Coyotes Martin Hanzal skated aggressively toward a referee, goalie Mike Smith threw his stick and Keith Yandle was quoted as saying the referees worked as teammates with the Kings."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-investigating-coyotes-post-game-163010386--nhl.html

As for Rozsival, yeah it was a hard hit.  Hard hits hurt.  Hockey is a full contact sport.  Painful yet not illegal nor does it warrant being tossed out of the NHL.

/not sure who to root for tonight.  I think I would prefer to see New York but the Devils are pretty hot.

It's not like the Kings were Saints in this series or the series against the Blues.  I'd be curious to how that series turn out if Pietrangelo isn't boarded head first into the boards - which should have been a major and was in the Phoenix series - and had not had to miss the next game.  King should have been suspended - the same as Hanzal.  The hits are very similar yet King  - for the Kings - was not suspended.

Don't pull this crap about Phoenix Coyotes player's actions when the Kings have been playing beyond the edge for awhile now and getting away with it.

VRWC
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 26, 2012, 04:36:25 PM »

I always read that in Fry's father from Futurama. "Y2K!" icon_lol

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 26, 2012, 07:22:01 PM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on May 26, 2012, 12:38:53 PM

Ugh. Mandatory training until 7:30 on Wednesday. So I'll miss puck drop, for sure - hopefully I can get to the Rock in time for part of period 1, at least.

Don't suppose you have an extra ticket I could buy? slywink
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 27, 2012, 12:51:08 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 26, 2012, 02:59:09 PM

Unofficial poll, of course

Love this!

Nobody who knows anything about hockey would go to ESPN for any reason.

theohall

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 27, 2012, 01:57:33 AM »

Quote from: gellar on May 26, 2012, 04:17:31 PM

Quote from: theohall on May 26, 2012, 05:50:50 AM

VRWC
Kings fans writing that... duh.. No bias from you either, right??    Roll Eyes
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 28, 2012, 03:43:37 PM »

Quote from: Devil on May 27, 2012, 12:51:08 AM

Love this!

It's interesting that the numbers for NHL.COM staff predictions' are almost the reverse - 10:5. From my perspective this is the hardest cup to venture a prediction for in years. The only 1 I'll make is that the series will either end early (4-5) or go the full distance. I'm thinking it favors the Kings if it ends early and the Devils if it goes 7, but I wouldn't bet on either team. Hehe...not much of a prediction.  icon_razz
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #816 on: May 28, 2012, 04:18:46 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on May 28, 2012, 03:43:37 PM

Quote from: Devil on May 27, 2012, 12:51:08 AM

Love this!

It's interesting that the numbers for NHL.COM staff predictions' are almost the reverse - 10:5. From my perspective this is the hardest cup to venture a prediction for in years. The only 1 I'll make is that the series will either end early (4-5) or go the full distance. I'm thinking it favors the Kings if it ends early and the Devils if it goes 7, but I wouldn't bet on either team. Hehe...not much of a prediction.  icon_razz

I noticed this too. I was actually surprised with the numbers being in such high favour of the Devils, everyone I talk to is always picking the Kings. I think you're right in saying if the series ends early it will be the Kings, but if it goes the distance the Devils will take it. This has been proven throughout the 2012 Playoffs for both teams. I'm personally leaning towards the Devils, but you have to give the Kings some credit. The Kings have a capable team. I think it will come down to which team gets an early series lead and which goalie stays hot.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 28, 2012, 04:19:37 PM »

Managed to get a pretty great seat for game 1 at face value (which was still expensive).  AMPED.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 29, 2012, 02:56:39 PM »

From what I can tell, this thing is a toss-up until they hit the ice.

Need to see what happens tomorrow night to form any opinion at all.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 29, 2012, 03:00:02 PM »

I'm predicting that one of these teams will go on to win the cup and that it will take four to seven games to finish the series.

See, I can make them as good as the pros.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 29, 2012, 05:20:03 PM »

Quote from: Devil on May 29, 2012, 02:56:39 PM

Even then I don't think we'll know.  Both of these teams are good enough to bounce back from a game 1 loss. 
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 29, 2012, 06:28:32 PM »

Quote from: gellar on May 29, 2012, 05:20:03 PM

Even then I don't think we'll know.  Both of these teams are good enough to bounce back from a game 1 loss. 

Probably right, I just assume that the trends will continue and the Kings will win game one, but might be able to tell something from how they play.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 29, 2012, 06:52:08 PM »

Quote from: Devil on May 29, 2012, 06:28:32 PM

Probably right, I just assume that the trends will continue and the Kings will win game one, but might be able to tell something from how they play.

I'm really curious to see how the Devils respond to the LA forecheck after playing against the Rangers for a series.  I think the biggest thing in all of the LA series' were that the other teams' D wilted under the pressure of four lines of gigantic dudes slamming into you repeatedly for 60 minutes.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 30, 2012, 01:40:47 AM »

Philly had some decent offense and big guys.

Rangers had all-out defense and an MVP goalie.

They've played both, but not at once. That's the key.

It's gonna be fun!

theohall

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 30, 2012, 03:49:29 PM »

Quote from: gellar on May 29, 2012, 06:52:08 PM

I'm really curious to see how the Devils respond to the LA forecheck after playing against the Rangers for a series.  I think the biggest thing in all of the LA series' were that the other teams' D wilted under the pressure of four lines of gigantic dudes slamming into you repeatedly for 60 minutes.

Not all of those hits were legal - losing Pietrangelo for a game and only getting minor penalty which should have been a major (thanks to Steven Walkom) letting King get away with it.  Kings won't get those breaks any more since that official has been removed from the rest of the playoffs.

But go ahead and brag about how big they are and whatever knowing King and Brown have been playing beyond the edge and getting away with it.

Kings still have not faced the Devils forecheck and it causes defenseman to screw up because of how fast the Devils are at executing that forecheck.  It also stops the big guys from getting the big hits, because they get stuck in the defensive zone.   It's not like the Flyers were a small team that does not hit.  But believe what you want.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: May 30, 2012, 06:38:30 PM »

AHL and Memorial Cup update

Looks like 2 Canadian teams facing off in the AHL's Calder Cup wasn't meant to be, as the Norfolk Admirals soundly defeated the St. Johns Ice Caps. So the Cup final looks like this:

Toronto Marlies (Leaf's affiliate) Vs Norfolk Admirals (Lightning's affiliate)

I was predicting the WHL's Edmonton Oil Kings would be the front runners for the Memorial Cup, but it looks like they ran out of steam and took some very lopsided thrashings. The surprise champ was the Quebec Major Junior Hockey Leagues's Shawinigan Cataractes who defeated the favored Ontario Hockey League's London Knights. The Knights are the team Dale Hunter left to coach the Capitols and the team he's since left the Caps to return to. Hey you can't blame him; that teams is a family business. slywink The cup final was a great, defensively tight and hard fought game, that took an overtime goal to decide.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:40:03 PM by kronovan » Logged
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 30, 2012, 06:44:28 PM »

Quote from: theohall on May 30, 2012, 03:49:29 PM

Quote from: gellar on May 29, 2012, 06:52:08 PM

Not all of those hits were legal - losing Pietrangelo for a game and only getting minor penalty which should have been a major (thanks to Steven Walkom) letting King get away with it.  Kings won't get those breaks any more since that official has been removed from the rest of the playoffs.

But go ahead and brag about how big they are and whatever knowing King and Brown have been playing beyond the edge and getting away with it.

Kings still have not faced the Devils forecheck and it causes defenseman to screw up because of how fast the Devils are at executing that forecheck.  It also stops the big guys from getting the big hits, because they get stuck in the defensive zone.   It's not like the Flyers were a small team that does not hit.  But believe what you want.

LOL

It is now the VLAKC. Sorry VRWC, you've become second fiddle.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?feut5y
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 30, 2012, 07:00:53 PM »

Kings in 6.

Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #828 on: May 30, 2012, 10:09:44 PM »

It should be a good series though the chances of me getting to watch a whole game are about .01%.

Despite the icky feeling I will be rooting for the Devils. Cheering for anything from California goes well beyond icky.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 30, 2012, 10:13:46 PM »

Quote from: Koz on May 30, 2012, 10:09:44 PM

anything from California goes well beyond icky.

AWWWWWW YEAH.

I'm about to leave to grab a train to the stadium.  If I die, I'll be the guy in the yellow Kings hat.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 30, 2012, 10:49:11 PM »

Quote from: gellar on May 30, 2012, 10:13:46 PM

AWWWWWW YEAH.

I'm about to leave to grab a train to the stadium.  If I die, I'll be the guy in the yellow Kings hat.

Bright purple jersey?
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 30, 2012, 11:04:22 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 30, 2012, 10:49:11 PM

Quote from: gellar on May 30, 2012, 10:13:46 PM

AWWWWWW YEAH.

Bright purple jersey?

Still don't own one of those, oddly enough.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 31, 2012, 01:14:50 AM »

Oh hey.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?veym5k
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 31, 2012, 01:38:16 AM »

Nice!

Quick doesn't look so hot now, does he? Hasn't even made a save in the second period yet!

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 31, 2012, 01:46:13 AM »

Devils miss open nets he doesn't have to!

Edit: or not.

gellar how are the NJ fans?
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 31, 2012, 02:07:08 AM »

I'm in a pretty fancy section, but so far everyone has been pretty cool. The arena is not nearly as loud as I was expecting though. No joke, Staples Center is noticeably louder.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4v4m2o
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 31, 2012, 02:16:29 AM »

What the Hell is it with these New York area rinks always falling apart.  Roll Eyes  Oh, and nice rally back by the Devils in the late 2nd. Before that I was thinking they should just skate off and concede the game to the Kings.  Tongue
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 31, 2012, 03:16:01 AM »

Nice goal by Kopitar.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 31, 2012, 03:16:25 AM »

Feeling good after that one.

Could have even won.

Must win on Sat. though.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 31, 2012, 03:40:09 AM »

Money well spent to see your team win a Stanley Cup game.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: