http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 11:07:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 College Football  (Read 1624 times)
theohall
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2011, 05:38:42 PM »

Quote from: soulbringer on November 13, 2011, 05:34:16 PM

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 13, 2011, 01:56:09 PM

And Bama gets alot of help this weekend.  The Oklahoma State/Oklahoma game is going get a whole lot of viewership in the state of Alabama, thats for sure.

Well Bama better hope that OU loses again before that game or that the voters really really want a rematch.  Cause if OU wins out they may just jump Bama. Still a lot of football left however, hell LSU may lose to the hawgs. 

OU will not jump Alabama.  OU's three non-conference games were Tulsa, Ball State and Florida State, and OU struggled to beat a Florida State team which lost their starting QB in the 2nd quarter.  Bama's SEC schedule alone would make that kind of jump ludicrous. 
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2011, 07:06:33 PM »

hell LSU may lose to the hawgs. 

I wasn't worried about Bama this year as much as the Razorbacks.  They love to ruin our year for us.  Luckily, this game is in Death Valley, but I still fear the upset.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2011, 02:14:24 PM »

Quote from: theohall on November 13, 2011, 05:38:42 PM

And Bama gets alot of help this weekend.  The Oklahoma State/Oklahoma game is going get a whole lot of viewership in the state of Alabama, thats for sure.

Well Bama better hope that OU loses again before that game or that the voters really really want a rematch.  Cause if OU wins out they may just jump Bama. Still a lot of football left however, hell LSU may lose to the hawgs. 

OU will not jump Alabama.  OU's three non-conference games were Tulsa, Ball State and Florida State, and OU struggled to beat a Florida State team which lost their starting QB in the 2nd quarter.  Bama's SEC schedule alone would make that kind of jump ludicrous. 

Well voters tend to not like rematches is all Im saying and the schedule thing? Really?  Bama beat one good Sec team Arkansas thats it.  Bama beat Florida 5-5, 3-5(Sec), Vandy 5-5, 2-5(Sec), Ole Miss 2-8, 0-6(Sec), Tenn 4-6,0-6(Sec), Miss St 5-5, 1-5(Sec) and potentially Auburn 6-4, 4-3(Sec). Now Im not saying that OU is better than Bama at this point and no way Imo they would beat LSU or Bama without Broyles and Whaley, they probably will lose to Okie State so it will be a moot point but that is not a difficult schedule. 
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2011, 02:34:45 PM »

Quote from: soulbringer on November 14, 2011, 02:14:24 PM

Quote from: theohall on November 13, 2011, 05:38:42 PM

Well voters tend to not like rematches is all Im saying and the schedule thing? Really?  Bama beat one good Sec team Arkansas thats it.  Bama beat Florida 5-5, 3-5(Sec), Vandy 5-5, 2-5(Sec), Ole Miss 2-8, 0-6(Sec), Tenn 4-6,0-6(Sec), Miss St 5-5, 1-5(Sec) and potentially Auburn 6-4, 4-3(Sec). Now Im not saying that OU is better than Bama at this point and no way Imo they would beat LSU or Bama without Broyles and Whaley, they probably will lose to Okie State so it will be a moot point but that is not a difficult schedule. 

Blasphemy!  In the SEC that is due to the overpowering parity.  Of course, all other conferences like this are just weak and watered down. Just ask anyone in the SEC theyll tell you!   Roll Eyes

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2011, 02:36:03 PM »

SEC Schedule vs Big 12 Schedule - SEC schedule almost always wins out, because it is considered a tougher conference by pretty much everyone.  The only way for the Big 12 to standout is by actually playing quality teams in their non-conference games - which neither OU nor Okla St have done.  There is no need for an SEC team to do that, because they already have to play the SEC schedule.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2011, 05:04:37 AM »

Wow Oklahoma State lost tonight to unranked Iowa State.  Hopefully LSU or Alabama loses so we don't have to suffer through an unbelievably boring title game rematch.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2011, 05:47:55 AM »

I think the people at Oklahoma State have a different perspective about things today.  What a horrible thing to have happen.  Im sure the loss of Budke and Serna has effected everyone at OK State, including the football team.  While the loss of that game will sting,  its meaningless compared to this second air crash tragedy.  icon_cry

soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2011, 07:33:35 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 19, 2011, 05:04:37 AM

Wow Oklahoma State lost tonight to unranked Iowa State.  Hopefully LSU or Alabama loses so we don't have to suffer through an unbelievably boring title game rematch.

I totally agree. I found the first game extremely boring.  Unless something  changes this may be the first year in a long time I don't bother watching.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2011, 03:23:51 PM »

Quote from: soulbringer on November 19, 2011, 07:33:35 AM

Quote from: leo8877 on November 19, 2011, 05:04:37 AM

I totally agree. I found the first game extremely boring.  Unless something  changes this may be the first year in a long time I don't bother watching.

First game was awesome!  Geaux Tigers!!!!

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2011, 03:26:27 PM »

Bama beat one good Sec team Arkansas thats it.  Bama beat Florida 5-5, 3-5(Sec), Vandy 5-5, 2-5(Sec), Ole Miss 2-8, 0-6(Sec), Tenn 4-6,0-6(Sec), Miss St 5-5, 1-5(Sec) and potentially Auburn 6-4, 4-3(Sec).

They also almost beat the #1 team in the nation.  Personally, I hope that if LSU makes it to the title game, we aren't playing Bama, because it's too risky.  I'd welcome another chance to put OU in its place, though. smile

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2011, 04:08:52 AM »

SC Oregon is crazy!!!
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2011, 04:52:29 AM »

Wooo!
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2011, 04:54:08 AM »

Also, I love Lee Corso:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5SQuCl9sT0&feature=related

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2011, 04:58:14 AM »

And lastly, HFS at the ending of Baylor/Oklahoma.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2011, 05:02:45 AM »

Quote from: gellar on November 20, 2011, 04:58:14 AM

And lastly, HFS at the ending of Baylor/Oklahoma.

HFS is right. Wow what a night!!!
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2011, 08:00:17 AM »

How bout those 11-0 Houston Cougars!
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2011, 03:14:10 PM »

Now Im not saying that OU is better than Bama at this point and no way Imo they would beat LSU or Bama without Broyles and Whaley, they probably will lose to Okie State so it will be a moot point but that is not a difficult schedule. 

Try losing to Baylor.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2011, 03:38:30 PM »

After starting 0-4 in the Pac 12 and losing our starting QB, I had pretty much written off this season.  However, with our 5-game winning streak and ASU's massive choke job last night, Utah still has a legit chance to go to the inaugural P12 Championship Game.  We need the following to happen next week:

1.  Utah beats Colorado (I'd be shocked if we didn't)
2.  USC beats UCLA (very good odds here)
3.  Cal beats ASU (a 50/50 proposition at this point, considering how these two teams have played of late)

Of course we'd get slaughtered by Oregon in the CG if it happens, but it would still be a hell of an accomplishment for a "mid-major" to get to the title game in it's first season.  And yes, I am perfectly aware that we dodged Oregon & Stanford and that the only reason we'd go is because USC is ineligible.  smile  I also think it would be awfully fun to see the P12's best offense go up against the best defense.  

It's been a crazy, crazy season...

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2011, 04:06:36 PM »

In Big Ten news, Michigan State is the first team to clinch a spot in the inaugural Big Ten Championship game.   The irony in this is that the University of Michigan's win over Nebraska is what clinched it for them.  icon_twisted  They will play either Wisconsin, who they beat earlier in the season ( and will be very tough to beat a 2nd time ) or Penn State, who's recent issues are well documented.  MSU has a great shot to go to the Rose Bowl this year.  It appears that they finally have found a good coach in Dantonio, after years of dealing with the betrayal of Nick Saban  ( or could it be Satan? )

Grats to U of M as well.  Fantastic win vs Nebraska.  A major win like that, coupled with your very good 9-2 record.  Id have to say Hoke has them on the right track.  If they can beat Ohio State, with the way other teams have fallen of late, they may actually have a good shot at a BCS Bowl as well at 10-2.  If they finish with back to back wins vs Nebraska and OSU, its looking pretty good for U of M!

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2011, 02:40:37 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 14, 2011, 02:34:45 PM

Of course, all other conferences like this are just weak and watered down. Just ask anyone in the SEC theyll tell you!   Roll Eyes

Well, we do have the top three ranked teams in the nation.  Although, that will change after the LSU/Arkansas game.  I am so nervous for this game.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2011, 08:04:57 PM »

Quote from: Zarkon on November 13, 2011, 05:19:57 AM

Wow.  Now suddenly Houston is one of 3 undefeated teams in the country.  Just need to win out.

Yeah, about that.  They're absolutely getting torched right now by So Miss at home.  I haven't watched Houston this year, has their defense always been this awful? I assume Keenum just makes up for it on the other side of the ball.

Barring an amazing comeback, it's bye-bye BCS

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2011, 01:26:48 AM »

Scary start, but LSU comes alive and makes sure they are in the BCS Championship.  January can't come soon enough!

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2011, 04:06:21 AM »

A LSU/Bama rematch for the title...what a joke.  I'm almost rooting for Bama, just to see what a clusterfuck the final standings would be with the #1 and #2 teams each having one loss to each other.   icon_lol

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2011, 04:35:40 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on December 05, 2011, 04:06:21 AM

A LSU/Bama rematch for the title...what a joke.  I'm almost rooting for Bama, just to see what a clusterfuck the final standings would be with the #1 and #2 teams each having one loss to each other.   icon_lol

I'm not sure you could make a major argument for OSU being better than Alabama.  The NC game is the top two teams in the country... there is no rule against them having played once before.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2011, 06:13:32 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on December 05, 2011, 04:06:21 AM

I think an argument could be made for a split title in that case.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: