http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 12:15:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 Dead -50 Wounded  (Read 3505 times)
El-Producto
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2012, 04:44:42 PM »

Simple solution for this waste of skin is to stick him in general population with his clown hair, and let them sort it out, prison style.

Save the taxpayers some money.

"Goonies never say die"
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2012, 03:21:35 AM »

Quote from: El-Producto on July 23, 2012, 04:44:42 PM

Simple solution for this waste of skin is to stick him in general population with his clown hair, and let them sort it out, prison style.

Save the taxpayers some money.

If only life was simple...
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on July 23, 2012, 02:52:15 AM

Quote from: Turtle on July 23, 2012, 12:01:57 AM

The insanity plea doesn't mean a lack of punishment either. Dangerous people are still locked up.
...but rarely executed.

While I understand the desire for justice in the form of revenge, in the case of a truly insane individual I think there's value in locking them up and studying them so that we gain a further understanding of just what makes some folks go off the rails, or how to prevent those with serious mental problems from becoming violent.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2012, 08:22:46 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 24, 2012, 08:17:53 PM

The insanity plea doesn't mean a lack of punishment either. Dangerous people are still locked up.
...but rarely executed.

While I understand the desire for justice in the form of revenge, in the case of a truly insane individual I think there's value in locking them up and studying them so that we gain a further understanding of just what makes some folks go off the rails, or how to prevent those with serious mental problems from becoming violent.

I agree.  he should be vivisected for study.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2012, 09:11:12 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 24, 2012, 08:22:46 PM

...but rarely executed.

Unfortunately, some manage to outwit the judicial system and go on to become prodigious posters at various web forums.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2012, 09:28:01 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 24, 2012, 09:11:12 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on July 24, 2012, 08:22:46 PM

...but rarely executed.

Unfortunately, some manage to outwit the judicial system and go on to become prodigious posters at various web forums.

they'll get that wascally LordMortis one of these days biggrin

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2012, 11:56:40 PM »

Christian Bale snuck in and saw some victims of the shootings and the makeshift memorial.  Class act.

http://www.denverpost.com/theatershooting/ci_21147699/christian-bale-town-visiting-victims-shooting
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2012, 12:13:25 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on July 24, 2012, 11:56:40 PM

Christian Bale snuck in and saw some victims of the shootings and the makeshift memorial.  Class act.

http://www.denverpost.com/theatershooting/ci_21147699/christian-bale-town-visiting-victims-shooting
I like this part in particular:
Voloch said Bale notified that he wanted to visit the injured, but asked that media not be notified. "He just wanted to meet with victims and police."
What's that saying? I forget the wording. Just sometimes it's more about what you do when there isn't a spotlight around.

I do hope victims - if they want to (I'm sure for some it might bring back bad memories) - get to see the entire movie, even if it's on DVD at home or at some screening room set up by Warner Bros or something.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2012, 12:16:16 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 25, 2012, 12:13:25 AM

What's that saying? I forget the wording. Just sometimes it's more about what you do when there isn't a spotlight around.

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you?

Because I can,
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2012, 12:40:09 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on July 24, 2012, 11:56:40 PM

I like this part in particular:
Voloch said Bale notified that he wanted to visit the injured, but asked that media not be notified. "He just wanted to meet with victims and police."

I do hope victims - if they want to (I'm sure for some it might bring back bad memories) - get to see the entire movie, even if it's on DVD at home or at some screening room set up by Warner Bros or something.

That's nothing but class right there.  thumbsup
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2012, 05:08:08 AM »

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/24/12930306-warner-bros-confirms-donation-to-colorado-shooting-victims
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2012, 06:56:08 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 25, 2012, 12:16:16 AM

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you?

I see what you did there.

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2012, 06:46:33 PM »

http://www.accesshollywood.com/christian-bale-visits-dark-knight-rises-shooting-victims-in-colorado_article_67626

One of my former hospitals, Aurora Medical Center. Big +1 to Christain Bale.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2012, 06:53:18 PM »

From Fox (if this is true, it was a sadly missed opportunity to at least take this guy in for questioning before the movie shooting ever occurred):

UPDATE: Other news services reported the university claimed the package actually arrived on Monday, and then they notified police. So it seems more likely the shooter mailed this off late Friday before the attack.

Movie massacre suspect sent chilling notebook to psychiatrist before attack
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/25/exclusive-movie-massacre-suspect-laid-out-plans-in-package-mailed-to/
James Holmes, the accused gunman in last Friday's midnight movie massacre in Colorado, mailed a notebook "full of details about how he was going to kill people" to a University of Colorado psychiatrist before the attack, but the parcel sat unopened in a mailroom for as long as a week before its discovery Monday, a law enforcement source told FoxNews.com.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:25:14 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2012, 05:00:49 PM »

If you quoted a Fox story that got its facts wrong, then you're wrong as well  icon_twisted  slywink

Just for future reference maybe you should check multiple sources so backtracking or crossing out lines out of past posts is not necessary. 

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2012, 05:31:08 PM »

Save your advice for Fox's so called reporters. Anyway, I won't cite them anymore.

A Wash. Post item has more details:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/crime-scene/post/maryland-police-may-have-thwarted-shooting/2012/07/27/gJQAC6AuDX_blog.html
The investigators said that the man, identified in a warrant as Neil Trescott of Crofton, called Pitney Bowes this week and threatened to carry out a shooting there.

“I am a joker. I’m going to load my guns and blow everybody up,” the man said over the phone to a man at Pitney Bowes, according to a warrant. He later called back and acknowledged that it was not smart to be making such threats over the phone, investigators said.

Pitney Bowes called Prince George’s Police on Wednesday. The man lives in Crofton, and he was arrested there by Anne Arundel County police.

Police there found more than 20 rifles and handguns and 40 steel boxes of ammunition at his home, the investigators said.

When he was arrested, he wore a T shirt that said “Guns don’t kill people. I do."

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2012, 06:39:19 PM »

Dane Cook is trying to get all the attention that Daniel Tosh recently had.

"So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie ... And I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of crap ... yeah, spoiler alert.”

Cook continued ... “I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of crap, was probably like ‘ugh f*cking shoot me.’”

I'm sure he'll claim no one laughed because they were offended.  But the truth is, it's just not a funny joke.  I'm afraid hack comics with no real talent are now going to drop the name "Hitler" into all their punchlines so that when no one laughs, they'll claim they were too cutting edge for the audience. 

Gallagher has a hammer named Columbine now, I imagine.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 06:41:25 PM by hepcat » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2012, 02:00:19 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 27, 2012, 06:39:19 PM

"So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie ... And I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of crap ... yeah, spoiler alert.”

Cook continued ... “I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of crap, was probably like ‘ugh f*cking shoot me.’”

I'm sure he'll claim no one laughed because they were offended.  But the truth is, it's just not a funny joke.  I'm afraid hack comics with no real talent are now going to drop the name "Hitler" into all their punchlines so that when no one laughs, they'll claim they were too cutting edge for the audience. 

that joke was painful to read (not in an emotional way, just badly written), I can't imagine it sounding any better spoken.

Because I can,
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2012, 02:05:08 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on July 25, 2012, 06:46:33 PM

http://www.accesshollywood.com/christian-bale-visits-dark-knight-rises-shooting-victims-in-colorado_article_67626

One of my former hospitals, Aurora Medical Center. Big +1 to Christain Bale.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

+2 Major respect to Christian Bale.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2012, 02:05:37 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 27, 2012, 05:31:08 PM

Save your advice for Fox's so called reporters. Anyway, I won't cite them anymore.

just call them Faux News  icon_wink

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2012, 02:09:26 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 28, 2012, 02:00:19 AM

Quote from: hepcat on July 27, 2012, 06:39:19 PM

that joke was painful to read (not in an emotional way, just badly written), I can't imagine it sounding any better spoken.

Yeah, where's Carrot Top when you need him?

But seriously, F Dane Cook.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2012, 05:17:29 PM »

A ticker bar across the bottom of my TV screen has just said that Holmes is to be charged with 24 counts of First Degree Murder and 116 accounts of Attempted murder

I can see the Attempted murder counts being that high because of the cinema crowd he was shooting into(in fact could of been higher),but i thought he killed 12 people..how come he has been charged with 24?(not that it really matters about him)

EDIT: Okay nevermind i found this
His first 12 murder charges pertain specifically to first-degree murder, while the last 12 relate to murder with an “extreme indifference to the value of human life.”
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 05:20:58 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2012, 05:11:10 PM »

And now we have people preying on the tragedy:

Man allegedly yells "This is it!" at Batman showing.

I'm just thankful for the Olympics to maintain what little faith I have left in humankind.  Although even that is waning.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2012, 01:54:50 PM »

That man should be trampled to death, because that's what he could have caused for someone else in that theater.

Or at least thrown some man penalties for the crimes he's charged with.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2013, 10:23:07 PM »

suspect offers to plead guilty to avoid death penalty.

Lawyers for Colorado theater shooting suspect James Holmes said Wednesday he would plead guilty and serve the rest of his life in prison to avoid the death penalty for the attack that killed 12 people and injured 7.

The offer comes just days before the prosecution was set to announce whether they would seek to have Holmes put to death.

Prosecutors wouldn't say Wednesday whether they'd go along with a plea deal, and likely will consult with victims and their families before deciding whether to accept the offer.

If they agree, the case that started July 20 — when prosecutors say Holmes carried out the midnight massacre during a showing of the new Batman movie — could end quickly. In the filing, defense attorneys say the only thing that would hinder Holmes changing his plea on Monday is the prosecution's decision.

In the filing, Holmes' lawyers said they initially made the offer to plead guilty before Holmes' arraignment on March 12. At that hearing, Holmes' attorneys told a judge they weren't ready to enter a plea in the case, and the judge entered a not guilty plea on his behalf.

Defense attorneys also said they're still exploring a mental health defense and "counsel will vigorously present and argue any and all appropriate defenses at a trial or sentencing proceeding, as necessary."

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2013, 02:00:45 PM »

Judge accepts insanity plea

A judge on Tuesday accepted James Holmes’ plea of not guilty by reason of insanity, setting the stage for a lengthy mental evaluation of the Colorado theater shooting suspect.

The court clerk placed a written advisory of the ground rules of the plea before Holmes so he could examine it as Judge Carlos Samour Jr. read through all 18 points.

When Samour asked if he had any questions, Holmes replied no. Samour then accepted the plea.
“I find Mr. Holmes understands the effects and consequences of the not guilty by reason of insanity plea,” the judge said. “He was looking at the advisement and appeared to be following along.”

Holmes’ lawyers repeatedly have said he is mentally ill, but they delayed the insanity plea while arguing state laws were unconstitutional. They said the laws could hobble the defense if Holmes’ case should ever reach the phase where the jury decides if he should be executed.

The judge rejected that argument last week.

Prosecutors say Holmes spent months buying weapons, ammunition and materials for explosives and scouted the theater in advance. He donned police-style body armor, tossed a gas canister into the seats and opened fire, they say.

The insanity plea is widely seen as Holmes’ best chance of avoiding execution, and possibly his only chance, given the weight of the evidence against him.

But his lawyers delayed it for weeks, saying Colorado’s laws on the insanity plea and the death penalty could work in combination to violate his constitutional rights.

The laws state that if Holmes does not cooperate with doctors conducting a mandatory mental evaluation, he would lose the right to call expert witnesses to testify about his sanity during the penalty phase of his trial. Defense lawyers argued that is an unconstitutional restriction on his right to build a defense. They also contended the law doesn’t define cooperation.

Samour rejected those arguments last week and said the laws are constitutional.

The next step is an evaluation of Holmes by state doctors to determine whether he was insane at the time of the shootings. That could take months.

Colorado law defines insanity as the inability to distinguish right from wrong caused by a diseased or defective mind.

If jurors find Holmes not guilty by reason of insanity, he would be committed indefinitely to the state mental hospital. He could eventually be released if doctors find his sanity has been restored, but that is considered unlikely.

If jurors convict him, the next step is the penalty phase, during which both sides call witnesses to testify about factors that could affect why Holmes should or shouldn’t be executed.

The jury would then decide whether Holmes should be executed or sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole.

If jurors impose the death penalty, it would trigger court appeals and open other possibilities that would take years to resolve.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: