http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 02:08:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 119,943 Miles Flown in 2008 - A retrospective  (Read 2509 times)
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2008, 10:58:46 PM »

I've just booked my final trips to finish out the year and for some reason, was genuinely curious as to how much I traveled this year.  All figures below assume that my next trips over the next three weeks don't get canceled (2 to Texas, 1 to NYC).  This does include a small amount of personal travel.

119,943 total butt in seat miles.
* 67,930 of those with one carrier (United/Star Alliance).
55 nights in a hotel room.
* 20 of those with one chain (Marriott).

States visited this year:  California, Washington, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, Illinois, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine.

Most time spent in one city (other than San Francisco):  New York @ 24 nights.
Longest time spent away from home: 4 days, 3 nights.
# of Flights or Connections missed/cancelled: Surprisingly, just 1 - JFK on a particularly stormy night.
Airport I like the most:  San Jose International
Airport I like the least:  NYC John F Kennedy
Airport that just doesn't make any damn sense:  Dallas/Ft Worth
City I enjoyed the most:  NYC
City I enjoyed the least:  Salt Lake City, UT
Favorite Hotel Chain:  Starwood
Favorite Airline: United sucks the least
Least favorite Airline: US Airways - you are seriously going to charge me $2 for a coke?

Items I've learned over this year of serious traveling:
1)  Hotel desk clerks are invariably one of two people:  A)  Annoyingly Perky, or B) Seem like they want to kill themselves.  It is never anything in between.
2)  It is apparently very, very difficult to walk in a straight line perpendicular to a wall at an airport.  Random angles are the only way to go.  This is very annoying to those of us who believe that a straight line is the way to go.
3)  People at the airport also enjoy stopping for no apparent reason while they are in the flow of traffic.  Spatial awareness is not a strong suit of the American population.
4)  Never get in a security line with a family in it.
5)  Shure E4C headphones are a godsend.  For that matter, so is the iPhone.
6)  Every airline's boarding procedure sucks.  The reason for this is because people are generally not smart enough to a) read a boarding pass to know when they are supposed to board and b) know that if there is a wall of people standing near the gate, the people who are supposed to board can't friggin get through.
7)  I prefer the Window seat unless on a TransCon, then I prefer Aisle.

gellar
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 11:59:53 PM »

I'm starting a pool... how many miles will it take, total, before gellar bumps into his soul?
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 12:02:21 AM »

gellar, for those of us without a scorecard: what is it you do? that requires so much travel?

I've noticed that about hotel clerks too: I've met more than a few who seemed totally grim as if they've been condemned to Hot L Hell forever or really super-perky.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 12:05:36 AM by JohnathanStrange » Logged

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 12:31:50 AM »

I managed to fly 0 miles again last year. I am airline-averse because the experience of flying is so unpleasant.

It wasn't always that way. The first few times I flew were fun. Air travel was still too expensive to be very common, so flying was more enjoyable. Security was lackadaisical, although there was some remote threat of hijackings. Aisles and seats were bigger. Passengers were smaller and better behaved (high prices kept out the riffraff). Stewardesses were hired for their looks and wore short skirts. Drinks and snacks flowed freely. Smoking was allowed.

I endure air travel when the destination is worth the pain of getting there, as in a Caribbean island. I would hate to have to travel that way routinely.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 12:41:09 AM »

Quote from: JohnathanStrange on November 27, 2008, 12:02:21 AM

gellar, for those of us without a scorecard: what is it you do? that requires so much travel?

It's slightly complicated.  Short version:  I'm the sanity that tags along with a sales person to make sure the things they say are, in fact, part of the product.

gellar
Jiffy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 12:47:10 AM »

Sometimes I wish I had a job that sent me places. I realize it likely isn't as enjoyable as it sounds, but being currently single, a love for seeing places, and not having family nearby means I'm able to pick up and go at a moment's notice.

I did manage to rack up ~27,000 miles over 6 trips, though all of those were vacation/touristy type trips.
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 01:40:34 AM »

Quote from: Jiffy on November 27, 2008, 12:47:10 AM

Sometimes I wish I had a job that sent me places. I realize it likely isn't as enjoyable as it sounds, but being currently single, a love for seeing places, and not having family nearby means I'm able to pick up and go at a moment's notice.

I did manage to rack up ~27,000 miles over 6 trips, though all of those were vacation/touristy type trips.
My cousin is an audio engineer and he's averaged 9+ months on the road for the past few years. He's hit every continent but Antartica so far and he's had to get pages added to his passport twice for entry stamps and visas. First class flights and accomodations the whole way and his airline mileage is just stupid high.  He's pretty burnt out at this point though.  He hasn't been home for more than ten days straight for that time period.  I think that would kill me.
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 02:48:04 AM »

Quote from: Biyobi on November 27, 2008, 01:40:34 AM

My cousin is an audio engineer and he's averaged 9+ months on the road for the past few years. He's hit every continent but Antartica so far and he's had to get pages added to his passport twice for entry stamps and visas. First class flights and accomodations the whole way and his airline mileage is just stupid high.  He's pretty burnt out at this point though.  He hasn't been home for more than ten days straight for that time period.  I think that would kill me.

I did that for a couple of years in my last position, although not that frequently.  Spent weeks in Italy, Israel, Australia, Japan, and all over the US.  It was exciting for the first couple of times, then it just got tedious.  Then it got annoying.  Then I started to absolutely dread it.  Living out of hotels sucks, traveling sucks, I hated not knowing if I was even going to get home at all today, and dealing with international airports and the language barrier makes it 5x worse.  I once found myself stranded in Cagliari, Sardinia at 10pm, the last person in the airport, with a missing bag.  My only bag.  I got detained by Israeli El Al security because of some paperwork snafu.  Flying business/first class is neat the first time, then it becomes an only slightly more comfortable way to spend 10+ hours in a seat.

XBox Live:  JNacht
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 04:40:52 AM »

Quote from: gellar on November 27, 2008, 12:41:09 AM

It's slightly complicated.  Short version:  I'm the sanity that tags along with a sales person to make sure the things they say are, in fact, part of the product.

gellar

Ah, the life of the Sales Engineer. Those guys do have an interesting balancing act to walk since they are usually compensated through commission as well as salary. Don't want to piss of your Account Manager, especially if they are a high producer, but you don't want to look like a fool promising vaporware. Usually the promises got turned into ICB's that meant spending more time trying to build a unique product instead of just finding customers who's needs fit your product set.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 01:49:30 PM »

A colleague of mine used to do a lot of work-related travel also. I said - when he told me he'd been to Australia, Japan, Korea, Brazil, Argentina, throughout Europe - that it sounded like an awesome experience.

He said the first year or so was exciting; he's an extrovert who makes friends quickly. We'll go to lunch at some diner/cheap restaurant and I'll step outside to make a phonecall and when I'm come back he'll introduce me to "Cindy, she's just moved here from Washington state..." so he'd made friends/acquaintances worldwide. Many of who still send postcards, emails, and phonecalls.

But after three dozen trips, he just felt rootless and unamused by the differences in countries/cities and positively depressed by the similarities. It made him feel like a ping pong ball. He last four more years though because he liked the job although he no longer made much effort to know and investigate his destinations. Paris, London - he mostly remembers traffic, coffeeshops, airports, and office meetings which were virtually the same everywhere - the cities made less impression in his conciousness.

I don't know. At one time I would have liked a lot of traveling for work; I've always been the sort to look for variety. However, I suspect I wouldn't have the leisure to absorb a place's atmosphere and culture. The pace would probably not allow it.

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 02:43:09 PM »

My wife is a code monkey (.net/sql server/web stuff) who has been put in charge of a portion of a big systems conversion. She's traveled all over the states this year. We've been married for 28 years and this is the first time we've been apart...we both hate it. I did get to go to DC with her in April and it was a spectacular weekend.

She just got back Tuesday night from Maryland. Took Wednesday off. Checked her email from home. Conversion has been pushed back to '10 so all of this crap she's endured this year has been for nothing. Fucking assholes. (Of course, I'm not surprised it's been pushed back. Due to mergers corp. IT is now a bunch of 'nix/oracle assholes and they're converting to a piece of shit software package that does far less than what the current stuff does and people outside of IT are in an uproar about it.)

-Randy

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 03:21:03 PM »

Quote from: kratz on November 26, 2008, 11:59:53 PM

I'm starting a pool... how many miles will it take, total, before gellar bumps into his soul?

If the infinity slot has already been taken, put a Franklin on 300,000,000,000 miles for me, will you?
Rich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 05:49:36 PM »

gellar

You could have just said you were the AZN Dilbert.

SteamID - Rich-NauticaLNaughT
XBox 360 - NauticaLNaughT
PS3 - PTCynic
mori
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 11:48:21 PM »

I hate travelling commercial. I respect you for enduring that hardship. The last time I flew commercial was a few years ago to Vegas and I think that may be the last. Unless it goes back to the good 'ole days when air travel was a luxury and not a thing expected for everyone.
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 12:45:17 AM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 27, 2008, 03:21:03 PM

If the infinity slot has already been taken, put a Franklin on 300,000,000,000 miles for me, will you?
gellar flies first class, his soul rides in coach

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 12:38:43 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on November 27, 2008, 12:31:50 AM

I managed to fly 0 miles again last year. I am airline-averse because the experience of flying is so unpleasant.

It wasn't always that way. The first few times I flew were fun. Air travel was still too expensive to be very common, so flying was more enjoyable. Security was lackadaisical, although there was some remote threat of hijackings. Aisles and seats were bigger. Passengers were smaller and better behaved (high prices kept out the riffraff). Stewardesses were hired for their looks and wore short skirts. Drinks and snacks flowed freely. Smoking was allowed.

I endure air travel when the destination is worth the pain of getting there, as in a Caribbean island. I would hate to have to travel that way routinely.

Sounds good! Except for the smoking part.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 03:48:45 PM »

I do a little bit of traveling (about once a month), which is just about right for me.  Any more than that, and I'd go absolutely nuts, but it's nice to get out and see different places now and then. 

Gellar, hit me up if you roll through Salt Lake again.  I promise it's really not that bad.  smile

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 03:49:45 PM »

gellar

LOL...that is exactly my job.  I don't quite hit your amount of miles, but I think I am around 90K in the air.  My favorite part of your post was about how people all crowd around the gate so that I can never get on board when they call the Premier Executive folks.

Included in my travels this year was a business trip to Hawaii where I was only there for about 30 hours total (after flying 6 hours from Denver to get there) and basically living in the Baltimore/D.C. area this year because I was there so much.  In fact, I go again this week.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 03:51:44 PM by The Grue » Logged

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 04:34:52 PM »

Business travel sounded interesting to me, until I learned what my co-workers do on their audits/investigations.

Fly into [City, Country].  Take car to [City].  Check into hotel.  Go to [Factory/Plant/Facility].  Sit in (usually) windowless room, and interview people/review SOPs for 8-10 hours.  Go back to hotel, eat dinner.

The past year, the guy sitting next to me has been to 2 cities I'd love to visit in Germany, along with a city in Switzerland, one in Italy, and a few places in the US I have no interest in going.  However, he doesn't visit any of the cities, because he has no time; he's there to work.  The only difference between him being at home or being in [City, Country] is that after work, he goes back to a hotel.

No thanks.  I prefer sitting in my office, and then going home to my family.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 05:10:06 PM »

Now you know the secret, Eightball.  Everyone, including my wife, is so jealous of me for going to all these places, but they just don't get it that it is rare I actually get to do something there.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 11:55:54 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on November 28, 2008, 03:48:45 PM

Gellar, hit me up if you roll through Salt Lake again.  I promise it's really not that bad.  smile

Seriously- Salt Lake may be the ugliest location I've ever seen (but have not seen). I flew through there in March it looked like a bunch of desolate swamp.  I feared for me life!
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2008, 01:43:50 AM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 28, 2008, 11:55:54 PM

Seriously- Salt Lake may be the ugliest location I've ever seen (but have not seen). I flew through there in March it looked like a bunch of desolate swamp.  I feared for me life!

Yeah, around the airport is pretty nasty.  But both the mountains and the southern part of the state are about as beautiful as it gets.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2008, 02:10:58 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on November 29, 2008, 01:43:50 AM

Yeah, around the airport is pretty nasty.  But both the mountains and the southern part of the state are about as beautiful as it gets.

The Salt Lake City area is gorgeous.  Not sure what Sensuous is smoking.

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2008, 04:45:57 AM »

Personally I can't stand flying into LAX. Makes me feel dirty flying into that thick layer of smog.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2008, 05:26:11 AM »

Quote from: Biyobi on November 27, 2008, 01:40:34 AM

Quote from: Jiffy on November 27, 2008, 12:47:10 AM

Yeah there's no possible way I could do that.

As far as my current schedule, while I certainly wouldn't mind *less* travel, but I am fine with things the way they are.  I'm rarely gone more than 2 nights and I don't ever go into a real office.  When I'm not traveling, my commute is the 1 minute walk from the bedroom to my home office and I don't have to get dressed if I don't feel like it slywink.  There are also stretches of a few weeks where I don't travel at all and I always have my weekends to myself.  In any case, as I say in IRC all the time - If I could find something better to do, I'd do it.

I do enjoy the travel though.  Most of my friends from school and prior jobs are fairly dispersed, so I can meet up with lots of old friends in random places.  I'm also reasonably extroverted, so I have no problem finding a some local place to chat up the bartender or others around me.  That and I'm usually with one of my sales people or my boss, so there's a reasonable amount of trouble I can get into if I really would like to.

Quote from: Moliere on November 27, 2008, 04:40:52 AM

gellar

Ah, the life of the Sales Engineer. Those guys do have an interesting balancing act to walk since they are usually compensated through commission as well as salary. Don't want to piss of your Account Manager, especially if they are a high producer, but you don't want to look like a fool promising vaporware. Usually the promises got turned into ICB's that meant spending more time trying to build a unique product instead of just finding customers who's needs fit your product set.

Yeah I have very good sales reps and a company that understands my philosophy on the job.  If I didn't, the job would be MISERABLE.

gellar
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2008, 05:30:28 AM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 27, 2008, 03:21:03 PM

I've met my soul once.  I punched him in the face and called him useless.

Quote from: The Grue on November 28, 2008, 05:10:06 PM

Now you know the secret, Eightball.  Everyone, including my wife, is so jealous of me for going to all these places, but they just don't get it that it is rare I actually get to do something there.

Yeah... so goes the old saying 'travel is glamorous'.  I consistently update my Facebook page with what city I'm in (so I can see if anyone wants to meet up) and every now and them someone comments that they wish they got to travel for work.  While like I said - I enjoy it to an extent - if someone offered me the same amount of money to work from home the entire time, I'd take it (but not go into an office - that is my idea of hell).

Quote from: The Grue on November 29, 2008, 02:10:58 AM

Quote from: Gratch on November 29, 2008, 01:43:50 AM

The Salt Lake City area is gorgeous.  Not sure what Sensuous is smoking.

Agreed.  SLC is beautiful.  I love the entire surrounding from a visual aspect, I just find the entire place to be culturally sterile and boring.  Also, the restaurants suck (and I am a foodie).  That being said - I adore Park City.  If possible, I try to stay up there when I have to travel to SLC.

gellar
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2008, 05:34:57 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 28, 2008, 03:49:45 PM

gellar

LOL...that is exactly my job.  I don't quite hit your amount of miles, but I think I am around 90K in the air.  My favorite part of your post was about how people all crowd around the gate so that I can never get on board when they call the Premier Executive folks.

Included in my travels this year was a business trip to Hawaii where I was only there for about 30 hours total (after flying 6 hours from Denver to get there) and basically living in the Baltimore/D.C. area this year because I was there so much.  In fact, I go again this week.

Yeah - Though now United boards the Premier Execs before the rest of Zone 1, so that makes it slightly easier (in theory).  It still is annoying.

And my worst trip this year:  Leave SFO at 10am.  Arrive in Boston at 8pm.  Drive to New Hampshire (1 hour north).  Find the ONE open place for dinner at 9pm (TGI Fridays - WOOO).  Sleep at hotel.  Go to meeting.  Meeting takes 2 hours.  Have lunch.  Drive back to Boston.  Get on flight at 6pm.

That's basically 13 hours round trip of travel for a 2 hour meeting.

gellar
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2008, 05:50:56 AM »

I flew to NYC one morning to drive to Long Island to give a hour presentation and then turned around, drove back to the airport, and flew back.  Not quite the same distance (I think Denver to NYC is 4 hours or so), but it was a day trip.

JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 12:35:49 AM »

I think you really have to have a special personality or outlook to handle a job with so much travel - at least to do it happily.

It's such an alien concept to me to travel so often mostly because I like feeling rooted to a community; feeling like I'm a member of a place and knowing that others recognize me as "one of them". And given my somewhat reserved personality, I have to really work at making that happen. If I were traveling too much, even when I was at home, I wouldn't be "at home." I'd just be where my bed was at.

When I was a kid, we moved alot. Alot. I never fit in, told myself I didn't want to (and given some of the rundown areas we moved in to, not wanting to fit in made sense), and rarely made close friends although I became quite good at superficial friendships. Well, I've enough of traveling and glib emphemeral relationships. I'll settle for a few good  old friends; it's hard work to make new ones.

I respect your ability to it and I hope you continue to find it fulfilling.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 07:22:04 AM »

Quote from: JohnathanStrange on November 30, 2008, 12:35:49 AM

I think you really have to have a special personality or outlook to handle a job with so much travel - at least to do it happily.

It's such an alien concept to me to travel so often mostly because I like feeling rooted to a community; feeling like I'm a member of a place and knowing that others recognize me as "one of them". And given my somewhat reserved personality, I have to really work at making that happen. If I were traveling too much, even when I was at home, I wouldn't be "at home." I'd just be where my bed was at.

When I was a kid, we moved alot. Alot. I never fit in, told myself I didn't want to (and given some of the rundown areas we moved in to, not wanting to fit in made sense), and rarely made close friends although I became quite good at superficial friendships. Well, I've enough of traveling and glib emphemeral relationships. I'll settle for a few good  old friends; it's hard work to make new ones.

I respect your ability to it and I hope you continue to find it fulfilling.

It's funny... I like traveling because I have multiple communities that I know well enough.  My regular haunts in NYC are starting to remember me (the hotel, the greek restaurant, and a few bars/bartenders).  Obviously my friends and community in SF know me pretty well, and I'll always have my high school/college stuff back in LA.

And let's make one thing clear: I only do my job because of the paycheck it brings.  I learned a handful of years ago that I'll never find any sort of personal fulfillment in something I am 'forced' to do everyday - I basically just found the career that requires the least amount of odd hours/on call work and overall stress while delivering me the maximum amount in return.  I get a reasonable level of satisfaction knowing that I am one of the best in my field, but it doesn't bring any special meaning to me.  My fulfillment in life comes from the time I spend not working.

gellar
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 09:22:55 PM »

gellar, I think that's a healthy attitude; especially in times when our work can go POOF! I can respect that. Having seen so many talented and hardworking engineers get let let go regardless of their performance because the budget had to be trimmed, I think I've learned too to not invest too much of my identity in what I do. It's too dangerous.

Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 03:23:26 AM »

Where you going in TX?
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2008, 03:30:51 AM »

Quote from: Geezer on December 02, 2008, 03:23:26 AM

Where you going in TX?

Next week: Dallas then Austin.
Week after that: San Antonio then Dallas.

gellar
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2008, 03:43:38 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on November 27, 2008, 12:31:50 AM

+1

For the first time in a number of years, I've managed not to have to board an airline all year long.  And I'm a happier man for it.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2008, 01:20:36 PM »

Quote from: gellar on December 02, 2008, 03:30:51 AM

Quote from: Geezer on December 02, 2008, 03:23:26 AM

Where you going in TX?

Next week: Dallas then Austin.
Week after that: San Antonio then Dallas.

gellar

If you have some extra time in Austin, drop me a line!

Edit.  aw hell.. nevermind.  In San Diego next week.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2008, 04:52:37 PM »

If you have time in Dallas, there's more than a few of us around. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2008, 04:57:43 PM »

Not these trips, unfortunately.  I'm also traveling with my boss, so he'll want to go out and do stuff on what free time we do have.

gellar
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2008, 12:26:51 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on December 02, 2008, 04:52:37 PM

Agreed.  I may live in Ft. Worth, but I'd love to meet some of you all!

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2008, 04:30:47 AM »

Do we have a thread of where people live?  It would make it easy for me to figure out who I can try to hook up with.

Maybe I should rephrase that.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2008, 05:05:25 AM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on December 03, 2008, 12:26:51 AM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on December 02, 2008, 04:52:37 PM

Agreed.  I may live in Ft. Worth, but I'd love to meet some of you all!

What's your availability to do lunches in North Dallas during the work week?

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: